Start by marking “Royal Fling (Cedarwood Beach #5)” as Want to Read:
Royal Fling (Cedarwood Beach #5)

Royal Fling

(Cedarwood Beach #5)

I left home to find my mother. I didn’t think I’d also find a real life prince.

Reconnecting with my missing past is easy. As is the connection to my mother’s mysterious, rich boss.

A Greek Adonis of a man who looks at me as if I’m the most delectable snack.

Imagine my surprise when I wake up naked in bed with him, only to find out he’s the Crown Prince of Elysia.

I know i
Published September 29th 2021 by Rhys Writes Romance (first published September 24th 2021)

To ask other readers questions about Royal Fling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Royal Fling

Start your review of Royal Fling (Cedarwood Beach #5)
Tanya
Sep 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was ALMOST a trigger for me. Let me explain......my brother was given up for adoption due to circumstances similar to Luke. I felt for both characters because I was one of the people affected by the decision my mother had made. I loved how they found each other, the relationship they are able to have and most of all that they all live HEA. Honestly the bonus epilogue at the end was probably my favorite part.
Jacquie Stewart
Sep 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Adorable end to the series
Cedarwood Beach ends with Luke heading to London to meet his birth mother and meeting a Prince.
Luke and August were cute together, they moved a little quickly for me but it was a fling. The dates were sweet and I loved the supporting cast.
Medium burn. Low angst
Fernanda Parente
Oct 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
And the series of Cedarwood Beach comes to an end, with a story of enchantment.
An European prince who falls in love with an Afro-American teacher.
What begins with Luke's search for his birth mother turns into a summer fling.
Can love overcome real prejudice and social communication?

Another great Rhys Everly book which I reviewed with pleasure
Janet Hunt
Sep 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’m going to miss this series!! I would recommend reading the series in order to get the most from Royal Fling! I was so happy to get Luke’s story!! Luke finally finds his mother, although that had a heart-breaking back story, it was cathartic! He also finds August, who he met at the airport with a case of mistaken suitcase identity. The story was captivating, I literally couldn’t put it down, freakin fantastic! Rhys Everly wrote a really well written story, highly recommend. I’m voluntarily rev ...more
Linda
Sep 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
👥A teacher & a prince: instant attraction but where can it go?👑

3.5-4 🌟 stars
This is an easy, romantic read. It's not one of my favorites in the Cedarwood series, probably just because I can not identify with all the royal privilege that Lucas runs into when he hangs out with August, the prince of the piece. And some of the conflict is so easily resolved it really seemed more fairytale than real life.

Virginia-raised grade school teacher Lucas gets so much more than he bargained for when he takes
Gerda
I like good plotted gay romances, but I don't know what I just read.
The first part was an entertaining romance, nice meet-cute, connecting with his mother, slowly develloping romance.
The second part somehow felt like a parody, everybody suddenly was super - friendly, -understanding, -sweet. What bothered me most was the fundraiser for a LGBT youth program: August plans his coming out of the closet, he is dressed in a blue suit and he dresses his boyfriend in a black suit jacket with a golden fl
Juniper
Sep 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
There’s a dreamy, almost fantasy-like quality to this story, and everything is remarkably easy and angst free (with the exception of the requisite “they almost don’t make it” moment towards the end, of course). Luke deals with the truth of his parentage and other shakeups in his family dynamic with equanimity and grace-- bombshells they may be, but he’s unflustered. The seemingly insurmountable challenges August faces as a prince (the duties, the security details, the conservative cultural expec ...more
Mandy
Sep 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was such an enjoyable book. I loved getting Luke’s story and I couldn’t put it down once I’d started but once I finished I did feel a little sad because it was the last book in the series.
I loved both Luke and August; they were perfect together and I was so jealous of all the wonderful dates August took Luke on. The scenes of Luke finding his birth mother were lovely and the inclusion of his brothers and father in the story were great additions.
Once again this author has given us a book fi
Jackie O'Donnell
Oct 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Rhys has out done himself again with the last Cedarwood Beach story. I am so glad Lucas got his happy ending. This was a sweet romance I could not put down. I will miss this series, but now that I have them all I can reread them again. Lucas always dreamed of a Prince Charming and when he does actually meet a prince at first all he can do is laugh. He explains to August (the prince) that he has always had a childhood dream of meeting a prince. The two of them can not get enough of each other and ...more
T. CH
May 04, 2022 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this series!

This was the last book in the Karagiannis brothers’ Cedarwood Beach series! I enjoyed this journey as well as the love and support of the entire Karagiannis clan! Luke finally gets his true Prince Charming in crown Prince Augustine of Elysia. Luke and August find true love from his luggage being mistakenly by one of Auggie’s bodyguards, to supremely romantic dates to the horrors of dealing with paparazzi. Almost every Karagiannis male finds his happily ever during the course
George
May 10, 2022 rated it it was ok
2.25 Stars

Yes I loved Luke and August, a black American high school teacher and a European price, but while others have called Rhys Everly’s Royal Fling ‘low angst’, it’s hard for me to think of another M/M romance with higher angst.

I expect it helps to have read some of the earlier novels in Everly’s ‘Cedarwood Beach’ series to best appreciate this standalone story, but it’s still relatively easy to follow.

In my mind’s eye as I read Royal Fling, Luke looked much more like a younger Harry Belafo
Jessa
Sep 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Royal Fling brings us to the end of the Cedarwood Beach series, but it, and pretty much all of Rhys's work, is on constant reread status in my kindle. It has a real-life fairytale, new-to-the-series scenery (from an author who is familiar with the area), and Rhys's amazing sweet and heat style of writing.
I hate giving away the story in reviews, but It's great to see Luke get his time in the limelight and who wouldn't love August?
We don't get to spend as much time with some of the other family m
Amy
Sep 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
I have always had a soft spot for books involving an incognito Royal and the unsuspecting person who meets them and falls in love. Lucas and August were too perfect. I also enjoyed how August had to realize that he needed to be more mindful of why he was doing things. Reasons matter! He doesn’t just get his way because he is a prince. Lucas is such a sweetheart and I loved the interaction between him and his birth mother. A sweet tale and worth reading. I have enjoyed the whole Cedarwood Beach s ...more
Lyndsay TC
Sep 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Luke got his Prince Charming in a whirlwind romance! I love the reasoning why Luke went to London in the first place. I was wondering how this guy who lived in a small town in the US would meet a Prince and fall in love. The plot was sweet, August and Luke were so adorable together, the setting was perfect as I love London, and their happily ever after was super Hallmark perfect. If you need a feel-good romance, pick this one up. You do not need to read any of the previous books although the ent ...more
Anne
Sep 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A misunderstanding at the airport (a suitcase explosion), a letter with an address and a teacher meets his prince. How will this work out with protocol, rules and expectations? Luke finding his mother and August when least expected.
Rhys Everly had me page turning looking for the happy ending. I am definitely going to be catching up on prior books.
I received a copy and this is my honest and voluntary review.
Mrs.V
Sep 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is the stuff from fairy tales!
Forget reality! Give me a super-romantic, dreams-come-true love story like Royal Fling any day and I will be the happiest person on earth!
I absolutely adored Lucas and August’s story, and Lucas finding his own birth mother, too.
It’s such a feel-good, romantic., heart-warming and well-written story.
A wonderful conclusion (sigh) to a great series I loved with all my heart!
Linda
Oct 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
On his way to meet the woman who gave him away as a child, Luke meets an arrogant man, August at the airport. Lo & behold this same arrogant man ends up being at the same house as his mother. As the get to know each other Luke finds August not to be the same as he was at the airport & the form a sort of kinship.
A beautiful, sweet and light read.
*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book for an honest opinion*
J
Oct 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Sad to see it go; another amazing Cedarwood Beach book. This is the final book in the series, and I'm going to miss this group of characters. It can be read as a standalone, but I recommend reading the entire series, since all the books are good in their own way…The writing draws you in , and it's impossible not to fall in love with the characters. I really hope we get some future stories will cameo characters from Cedarwood Beach…
Awesome work Rhys👍🏻🥰
Leandre Botha
Oct 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED IT!!!!! It was so sweet and adorable, not to mention HOT & STEAMY!!!! I loved every single character and how the story progressed. I loved the humour and the emotions, I felt every emotion the characters felt. This was a true fairy tale romance. I loved that Luke and August got their HEA despite the circumstances. They truely are a good match for each other. Rhys Everly well done on an amazing series.
Heather MMRomanceReviewed
Sep 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
What if Harry and Meghan were gay? What if instead of being English, Harry was from Elysia? What if Meghan's name was really Lucas and Harry was August? Find out in Royal Fling...

Check out my full review here: http://www.mmromancereviewed.com/2021...

I received an ARC to facilitate my review
Nicki
Oct 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another fab book in the Cedarwood series, but sadly it’s also the last 😢
Luke and August are perfect together, the book was a sweet (but hot and steamy!) read, Luke and Paul both find their happy ever after’s, Luke finds his birth mum and his Prince Charming and August finds his soulmate! We catch up with other members of the family and its all just perfect!
Kimberly
Oct 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful ending for the series

As sad as it is to see this series end, Rhys Everly did a beautiful job with Luke and August's story. There were so many sweet moments mixed in with a little heartache. Luke's mom is adorable and her story was so sad. A wonderful end to this incredible series!
Amber
Oct 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
I liked Royal Fling by Rhys Everly. It's the fifth and final book in the Cedarwood Beach series. I liked August and Lucas. They were cute together. Their story was a great way to wrap up the series, and I can't wait to read the bonus epilogue. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book. ...more
Beatrice Drury
Mar 27, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This was a great series. I am sorry it is over. My only comment is the same as other series like this. I just can't overcome the idea that in real life the odds are doubtful that almost all the men in a family are gay. Didn't stop me from enjoying the series. The last book actually has a real Prince Charming. You can't beat that. ...more
Lisa Klein
Wow! This was another amazing Cedarwood Beach book. It's the final book in the series, and I'm going to miss this group of fabulous characters. It can be read as a standalone, but I highly recommend reading the entire series, since all the books are outstanding. The writing draws you in immediately, and it's impossible not to fall in love with the characters. I really hope we get some future shirt stories from Cedarwood Beach. ...more
Katie Townsend
Sep 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
luke and August's story was absolutely captivating there were sweet cute and adorable moments but also a few parts that made me tear up a little

I didn't want the story to end by the time I finished reading my heart was happy
Stephanie
Oct 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I am sad that this is the end of this series but I absolutely love this story too. I love Luke and August! I am so happy that Luke got his prince. This is such a sweet and adorable story. These two are so perfect together and I love seeing how they get their happy ending. Such an amazing series.
Xochitl
Oct 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An amazing way to close the delight that was this series!. August and Lucas are so perfect together and their story is easy to read, with almost zero angst and many amazing heartwarming moments. I loved so much modern fairytales and this one checked all my boxes. So perfect!
Jeanine Beaulieu St Pierre
Jan 08, 2022 rated it really liked it
Change

I liked this book,,everyone has there own time to come out of there closets but when you are forced out some times that bad sometimes it’s good but the only person knows when your ready.
Pontiki
Feb 21, 2022 rated it really liked it
This is not a typical start to a Royal romance. Luke is seeking his birth mother, and goes to see her where she lives, in London. She’s a nanny for a Royal family, which Luke doesn’t know.

He runs into August at the airport, then again at his Mom’s house, but only later learns August is a prince. They have a fling, but both develop feelings, and it makesAugust really look at what’s most important in his life.

Interesting plot, I love Luke being a down to earth teacher, and August’s romantic date

• Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology Volume 5
  • How to Catch a Vet (Chester Falls #6)
  • How to Catch a Happy Ever After (Chester Falls #7)
  • Taken by Storm (Palm Island #2)
  • Square One
  • Thick as Thieves (Aster Valley, #4)
  • Perfect Ten (The Off Season #1)
  • The Silver Fox (Red's Tavern, #3)
  • The Rebel (Red's Tavern, #2)
  • The Tight End (Red's Tavern #6)
  • All Inclusive (California Crush #2)
  • Tempt Me (Rebel Mechanics, #4)
  • Hot Seat (The Hot Cannolis #1)
  • Trouble On Top (Bromance Chronicles, #1)
  • The Stepbrother (Red's Tavern, #5)
  • Sea of Love
  • Antagonist (Dads of Stillwater #1)
  • Operation Meet Cute (Operation HEA, #1)
Rhys Everly-Lawless is a hopeless romantic who loves happily-ever-afters.
Which would explain why he loves writing them.

When he's not passionately typing out his next book, you can find him cuddling his dog, feeding his husband, or taking long walks letting those plot bunnies breed ferociously in his head.

He writes contemporary gay romances as Rhys Everly and LGBTQ+ urban fantasy and paranormal rom

Cedarwood Beach (5 books)
  • Fresh Start (Cedarwood Beach #1)
  • Wayward Love (Cedarwood Beach #2)
  • Rogue Affair (Cedarwood Beach #3)
  • Storm Bound (Cedarwood Beach #4)