Start by marking “Deadly Interception” as Want to Read:
Deadly Interception

Deadly Interception

(Moonlight and Murder #5)

Harlyn bristled under the weight of unknown eyes dissecting her every move. Skin at her nape crawled from the mal intent focused in her direction. From behind the trunk of a spreading oak, she scanned the isolated meadow in search of the unknown threat.
Nothing stirred but shadow arms sprouting budding leaves. It’d been years since she’d turned the tables on the predator in
Published March 29th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Interception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Interception

Start your review of Deadly Interception
Jackie
Apr 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a book. Harlyn is a strong character that has to take care of herself, definitely no help from her Father. Suspense, and intriguing all the way to the end.
Siobhan
Mar 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Deadly Interception is the fifth book in Reily Garrett’s Moonlight and Murder series, and it’s another fabulous addition to the series. Fans of the prior books are sure to be hooked on this one, leaving them unable to put it down.

As always, Reily Garrett has created a story that hooks the reader with ease, gripping them from the first page and ensuring they cannot put the book down. The characters suck the reader in with ease. The mystery leaves the reader guessing what will come next. The roman
Donadee's Corner
Mar 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone in this genre
Recommended to Donadee's Corner by: Author
Reily Garrett – Moonlight and Murder Bk 5 – Deadly Interception – Reviewed 3/20/21 – Read 3/14/21

Knowing they were after her Harlyn ran, sending her to the mountains in Pennsylvania!

Harlyn Colton was a fighter, she had fought to come back from so many secrets in her life. Not having emotional support from her father after the death of her mother, Harlyn was forced by him to learn how to fight back and stay alive.

Arriving in Pennsylvania, she was to work with Brice Crenshaw on a project that help
Tammy
Mar 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th book in the series but can easily be read as a standalone. Harlyn’s best friend is murder and goes into hiding. While posing as an ex-soldier, she meets Brice and sparks begin to fly. Will her past put her new friends in danger? Fast-paced read with great characters, loads of twists and turns and plenty of drama and steam. I was hooked from beginning to end. I loved it!
Rosie Amber
Deadly Interception is book five of the Moonlight and Murder romantic suspense series.

This is the story of Harlyn a, ex-kidnap victim who is followed by those who still want to use her to get secret plans for her father’s new industry invention.

Hiding as an ex-soldier among a group of veterans Harlyn’s troubles quickly follow her. One of the veterans, Brice, doesn’t believe her story, but he also sees how vulnerable she is under her hard surface. By joining them, she becomes one of the ‘family’
Jolie
Mar 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Deadly Interception is the fifth book in the Moonlight and Murder series. I was a little hesitant when I started reading it. Even though I had read the first book, I had skipped books 2-4. I was worried that I had missed something important (relationships, plotlines) that would come up in Deadly Interception. Thankfully, that wasn’t the case. There were references to the previous books, and the main characters from the earlier books were secondary characters. But that was it. The author kept tho ...more
Ron Mac
Mar 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
~This series…Moonlight and Murder…continues to delight
~First, I’ll state that I received this book as a gift from the author to read and review.
~This is book five in the series…I have read them all and am delighted with each and every one. The series title speaks for itself, there is a combination of romance (the moonlight) and action/adventure (the murder). It is not a cozy mystery. The action is non-stop…and once the romance starts, there is no stop to it either.
~I realize that this is fiction
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Deadly Interception is the fifth book in Reily Garrett’s Moonlight & Murder series. Each book can be read as s standalone but I do recommend reading the series since they are tied together but this crazy group of misfits. These two are new to the series.

Harlyn is a fighter. She doesn’t back away and is trained to go head to head. Her father made sure of that when she was a teenager. She is also an electrician and in the Army reserves. This was why she being with this new group was perfect. A pe
Cathy Brockman
Mar 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Deadly Interception Is quite slow burn with behind closed doors sex when it happens
This is also a book 5. I guess it stands ok alone but I do wish I had read the first 4 books first so I new the other characters and better understood The dynamics.

Speaking of characters, each has their scars whether mental, physical or not and this is all the characters. There is romance with plenty of sexual tension and slow burn. I liked that it was closed door. That kept the story focused on the thriller aspec
Douglas Williamson
Apr 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Our heroine is not used to be the hunted, but that just means she is looking for a chance to turn the tables.

This is the five book in the series, but it works well as a standalone.

This is a romantic suspense story although the romance aspect builds slowly and late in the game. Which works just fine for me as it gives the main plot a chance to unfold. I found the story to be well written and easy to read though intense as well. The cast of characters is well developed and well suited to the sto
Romaine Heart
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
After Harlyn's kidnapping as a young teen her father forced her into training to help protect herself. With her mother being murdered and her pouring his grief into his work Harlyn felt as though she had no one.
With thugs on Harlyn's trail trying to get her to steal her father's information on a project she goes into hiding. Posing as an ex soldier she is welcomed into the Ferndal Foundation, a group of veteran soldiers.
Brice  wasn't too happy when he found out that a woman soldier was joining t
Hazel Young
Mar 29, 2021 rated it liked it
Pursued across the country by those who wish to kidnap her, to force her father to give up his research and fleeing from the possibility of being wrongly charged for the murder of her friend, Harlyn ends up at the barrack Josh is building for veterans.

This novel is extremely suspenseful and fast moving, as Harlyn encounters one horrific incident after another. On the way she becomes part of Josh's group of veterans, detectives and friends, both human and canine. She falls in love despite herself
Avid Reader
Mar 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Harlyn is a young woman shaped by the murder of her mother which resulted in her kidnap and torture. Even though she escaped the perpetrators were never found and she remains estranged from her father. Now her kidnapper is back to finish what he started. Hiding in a veterans facility she meets Bryce and is absorbed into the rag tag bunch as part of the family and family sticks together. An action filled book full of twists and turns, brilliant and hard to put down.

I received a free copy of this
Katie Phillips
Mar 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
The dedication and authors note at the end :( This is why I love Reily - the dogs are always a huge part of her books and one of my favorites. You can tell her expertise with the pups :) Hutch and his story sure got me. Him and Harlyn were meant to be. This series is so great. I love the suspense and not being able to figure out who the bad guys are! The couples are great - I love this blended family so much and that they keep expanding. I cannot wait for the next book! I voluntarily reviewed a ...more
Barbara Tobey
Mar 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Great group of characters. The newly introduced ones quickly become a part of the "family." A fun romance. An exciting on-the-run adventure. Some real family issues. A definite page turner that keeps you guessing and on the edge of your seat. Thanks to the author for providing a copy for my voluntary review. I enjoy reading about the dogs, drones, porch puppies, etc. ...more
Molly
Apr 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Military police action adventure drama and romance
Recommended to Molly by: Booksprout
Edge of your seat suspense and action

K9 plus veteran connections, loyalties and betrayals

The kind of story you stay up until you read to the end - then read again!

DPQ
Apr 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Good read for the weekend. Strong, interesting characters and really cute fur babies! Main character was at times annoying because she refused to listen to others but still enjoyable story.

Teresa Reitnauer
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The action and suspense never let up in this story. I love the interaction between the canines and humans. Harlyn and Brice start slow, but their chemistry heats up. Once you start reading, you'll not want to put it down. An action-packed story filled with wonderful characters. ...more
Abby

• When the Duke Found Love
  • This New Country: A Western Double
  • Storm & Shelter: A Bluestocking Belles Collection with Friends
  • The Fight for Magicallus
  • Whiskey Smash (It's all in the Whiskey Book 7)
  • Saffron Alley (Sword Dance, #2)
  • Bad to Be Worthy (Bad to Be Good, #2)
  • Love To Hate (Charmed #4)
  • Savannah Run (Protecting Love #1)
  • Rattler's Law, Volume One
  • The Boy Who Was Left Behind
  • Key West Dead
  • Tears of Apache Stone: The Complete Series
  • Discovered Secrets (The Discovered Truth Series Book 1)
  • The Man Across the River
  • Valentine Shorts: Flash fiction

Reily Garrett is a writer, mother, and companion to three long coat German shepherds. When not working with her dogs, she’s sitting at her desk with her furkids by her side.
Author of chilling suspense and snarky romance, her stories span the distance of romantic thrillers, paranormal romance, and erotic romance. Regardless of genre, each book delves into a dark and twisted imagination yet is tempe

Moonlight and Murder (6 books)
  • A Critical Tangent (Moonlight and Murder, #1)
  • Pivotal Decisions (Moonlight and Murder #2)
  • Seeds of Murder
  • An Unlikely Grave
  • Moonlight and Murder (Moonlight and Murder, #1-3)

News & Interviews

Ciannon Smart has been holed up in her England home since the pandemic began a year ago, but by no means has she been idle. She’s been on...