Start by marking “Forbidden Lover (Exit Strategy #4)” as Want to Read:
Forbidden Lover (Exit Strategy #4)

Forbidden Lover

(Exit Strategy #4)

Devlin Relic was off limits.

The sweet man had already lost a husband and nearly lost his life when someone put a contract on his head last year.

He needed to focus on raising his adopted son and finding a nice, normal man.

Kai was anything but nice and normal.

He was an assassin, and that did not fit into Dev’s neat and tidy life.

But when a dead body mysteriously appears in D
Kindle Edition
Published June 11th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden Lover

Start your review of Forbidden Lover (Exit Strategy #4)
Jacquie Stewart
Jun 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An assassin hunting a serial killer with a side of sweetness.
Kai was not what I expected at all. He was the assassin that had been sent after Devlin in another book. Justin and Gabriel stopped him from making a massive mistake. Since then Kai has been drawn to Devlin, watching him from afar. He's called in to protect Dev from a new threat appears that is connected to Kai.
Dev has been through a lot but is drawn to Kai and they share a lovely connection. Dev is just a ball of sunshine and so norma
Mirjam
Mar 19, 2021 marked it as to-read

Part of the Exit Strategy Series and must be read in order:
Deadly Lover (Exit Strategy #1) by Jocelynn Drake Lover Calling (Exit Strategy, #1.5) by Jocelynn Drake Vengeful Lover (Exit Strategy #2) by Jocelynn Drake Final Lover (Exit Strategy #3) by Jocelynn Drake Forbidden Lover (Exit Strategy, #4) by Jocelynn Drake Accidental Lover (Exit Strategy, #5) by Jocelynn Drake
K-Me
The Assassin and the Scientist! They actually made an Adorable opposites attract sort of Pair! Kai is our Ghost assassin but he turns out to be so much more then that! Watching him trying to interact with Dev like a regular person was awkwardly enjoyable given how deadly he really is! And Dev.. sweet, geeky Dev. His thoughts about Kai that lead to him planning a seduction are hilarious! The chemistry between these two is off the charts while remaining undeniably sweet! Their First kiss and first ...more
R
Kai and Dev tackle dead bodies, dating, and the marvelous world of assassins.

Given the subject matter I didn’t think it would be so much fun to read. The characters are well rounded and an excellent compliment to each other. The mystery is engaging and the bad guy is the perfect sicko.

This works great as a standalone but reading the other books in the series will make it more enjoyable.

I received an arc of this book.
Beth
Jun 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So happy to be returning to this series. This book picks up from book three in the Exit Strategy series. It’s not necessary to read that one first but it is helpful as the events of that book are referred to frequently in this book.

Dev is a scientist and father whose husband was murdered and had a contract placed on his head. Kai is an assassin who is sent to kill him but realized (with the help of Justin and Gabriel) that all was not what it seemed. Those are the events (briefly) from book thre
Amy
Jun 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited when I found out that this author was writing a book about Kai and Devlin. There was definitely something there when Kai first encountered Dev and Jake in Final Lover when Justin and G Love were protecting the widower and his son. Kai was horrified to learn that the contract he had taken was false and that his target had a kid. Now someone is using Devlin to send him a message. Devlin has become good friends with his former protectors and they are the first ones he calls when he ...more
Sadhna Kujur
Jun 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
***Received an ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review***

This was a perfect read for me. It was amazing and very cute.
For me characters are very important and I am in love with both the characters equally. And that rarely happens.

Kai: A reclusive assassin who is also known as Ghost.
“Kai was a powerful, frightening angel of death in the world, but with Dev, he pleaded and begged” 😍😍😍😍
That's the best description of Kai. He will do anything for Dev.
Devlin: A gay widower scientists wit
Natalie Strong
Jun 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
I really liked the mix of romance and danger. This is part of a series and we met Dev and Kai in book 3. In this an Assassin (Kai) tries to protect Dev when he becomes the objective of a mad mans crazy plan.
There is a trail of bodies and a hunt for the perpetrator that creates a page turner. There is also the storyline of two men falling in love and overcoming their pasts and their fears for the future.
Essentially it has a bit of everything which makes it a satisfying read. I liked that we got
gimmethosebooks
Jun 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite in this series and probably my favorite from this author’s solo books.

Dev and Kai were absolutely fantastic together. I liked the little moments between them the best. Just the two of them, quietly figuring out how to intertwine their lives as they fell in love. The action and suspense was definitely there too.

Also…Jake spotting Justin in a tree? LOL

You should probably read the books before this one to best enjoy it. Kai and Dev don’t come along until book three tho.

What f
Emily Hernandez
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Kai intrigued me in the previous books in this series, and getting a firsthand look at his protectiveness of Devlin only made me love him faster. Though he presented himself as a suave, sexy killer, the "real" Kai was adorably awkward around Dev. I had so much fun watching him and Devlin interact, and despite the deadly threat lurking about their romance had a delightfully warm and sweet quality.

It takes a talented author to make the life of an assassain feel relatable, and Jocelynn consistentl
R M
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great premise... piqued my interest from first page. Classic Drake style with showing the fun and loving but also vulnerable sides to Alpha men. Expert mixing of romance and thriller. Dead bodies are piling up during a dangerous cat and mouse with a psychopath that seems to be one step ahead of them. And of course, love abounds. Kai is a hottie and Devlin is a perfect grounding source for the lovable assassin.
Wanderingwhim
Natalie Nicole
E.A.C. Klemann
Jamie
Mar 19, 2021
New York Times Bestselling author Jocelynn Drake loves a good story, whether she is reading it or writing one of her own. Over the years, her stories have allowed her to explore space, talk to dragons, dodge bullets with assassins, hang with vampires, and fall in love again and again.

This former Kentucky girl has moved up, down, and across the U.S. with her husband. Recently, they’ve settled near

Exit Strategy (5 books)
  • Deadly Lover (Exit Strategy #1)
  • Vengeful Lover (Exit Strategy #2)
  • Final Lover (Exit Strategy #3)
  • Accidental Lover (Exit Strategy #5)

News & Interviews