Start by marking “Reckless Hate (Westbrook Blues, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reckless Hate (Westbrook Blues, #1)

Reckless Hate

(Westbrook Blues #1)

Top #10 Amazon Sports Romance Fiction Bestseller

"Deep always calls unto deep. The results? Reckless Hate & Catastrophe."
Westbrook had four boys that ruled my life once.

They were hell raisers.

Cunning Athletes.

Skilled Manipulators.

Hateful Assholes.

Gorgeous gods.

Heartbreakers. . .

Only I never counted on them breaking my heart as savagely as they did, sending me away when I ne
Kindle Edition
Published March 2021 (first published September 12th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Reckless Hate, please sign up.

Start your review of Reckless Hate (Westbrook Blues, #1)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
RECKLESS-HATE

'RECKLESS HATE' is the first book full length novel in Thandiwe Mpofu's 'Westbrook Blues' series. Spoken in Dual POV's.
5 BLUE CREW STARS: On a whim I one clicked this on release day and only just got to it, after seeing it plastered all over my social media platforms with good feedback it left me feeling glad that I took that plunge on a new to me author.

As soon as I started it I was hooked, if it wasn't for work I would've inhaled this, it wasn't your typical bully story it was so mu
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
4.5

Thandiwe Mpofu, you are wrong for that shit. Leaving me here like this with all these questions and emotions is evil! 😂 I've always been a fan of sadistic authors though, so it's no wonder I loved that ending.

I'm just kidding. Kind of! I did love it. If I'm going to read a series, I want each book to leave me intrigued enough to want to come back for more. This author definitely accomplished that with Reckless Hate.

The cliffhanger ending has me damn near salivating for book 2 already. My mi
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
Oh Boy

A convoluted mishmash of a bully reverse harem of sorts? Rich kids. exclusive school. blah blah... You know the drill if you are an YA reader.

This one is pretty badly written too. Lots of grammatical errors.

What's worst? That sex scene? WTF??? GF was viciously raped at 13 then shipped off, estranged from all she loved that was now destroyed. She returns when her twin dies under mysterious circumstances. The hero and his crew find out why the heroine they all once loved was so messed up a
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4,5 reckless "Hateful or full of love?" stars***

"He saw me...and that's all that has ever mattered."

I'm afraid that i will repeat myself, but i hate these goddamn cliffhangers!!!
I HATE them, but still... I can not resist!!! Pffff...
This ending left me panting for more... Damn it, what will happen after all these shits that went down in the end???
I'm losing my mind here!!! Please Thandie, hurry up!!! I need the next book!!!

"The world is small, but my reach is longer."

Well, this was
~Aurora Walsh~
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*WARNING! THIS TEXT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Omfg. I swear to fuck. Ace and Rhea are going to fucking kill me!!!!!!

SEX: 5/5!
SEX DETAILS 4/5

OMG! Best book ever!! I swear to god!!! First time ive read a book in one siting in a LONG time! And its free with KU! I defiantly recommend.
And the book cover! I knew i was gonna like it before i started.

Im fucking stalking book two for that release date...

100% Amazing!!!!
queen_of_the_books_18
These boys were hell raisers.
Cunning athletes.
Skilled manipulators.
Hateful assholes.
Gorgeous gods.
Heartbreakers.

..........AND MINE!! 😂

I claim Ace, Noah and Emmett! Those Blue boys are mine!

Thandiwe Mpofu has just written her best book yet, she had me yelling at her, screaming at my kindle, crying my eyes out and experiencing every emotion possible! I couldn’t read this book fast enough because I needed answers and now the book is over, I have more questions than answers! I love that though, w
Cams G
What a HUGE MESS. And here's my pertinent hate:

How can I start? I felt so stupid reading this book, I honestly just "finished" because I wanted to solve the mystery. But I've jumped MANY pages, I garantee. And guess what? NOT WORTH IT.

Seriously, this male protagonist is one of the WORST heroes I've ever met in a NA. I don't know if the author's intention was to make just a bad boy or an UNBEARABLE and clueless idiot. I hate this concept of relationship based entirely on the feeling of ownershi
BLuvsBooks
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I know these eyes belong to the devil, the spawn of my hate. But they still see me. It’s all I’ve ever wanted. To be seen and he has, since the very first day we met.”

I was engaged in this story from the prologue.
Raea experiences a very traumatic event and is forced to live overseas leaving her twin brother George and three best friends, Alex, Noah and Emmett.
She returns years later and is thrown back into her and their families elite world. The Blue boys are angry with how she left and she
Ashley Estep The Art of Reading
What the hell!!! What I just read I was not prepared for! Thandiwe Mpofu came out of nowhere this book and has me addicted. I need more and I need it now!!

From start to finish Reckless Hate had me sitting on the edge of my seat. There was not a single moment I was not glued to this book! Reckless Hate is book one in the Westbrook Blues series, and you will be feeling blue with having to wait for the next book to come out. She should not be allowed to make us wait for book two.

The Blue Boys are e
Julie-Blue Monday Girl Blog
This book..oh my..it's perfect
It has darkness, mistery and that feeling you get when you don't know what the hell is gonna happen.
I loved it from the start, from chapter one I just couldn't put it down and all I wanted was to know more.

Ace and Star are something special. Years have passed 'till they meat again and everything isn't the same anymore. There's so much going on between these two and so much has happened.
There are so many secrets on this story and that's what captivates you the most
 Mary ❤️ DBO
Reckless Hate by Thandiwe Mpofu

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

5 STARS

Thandiwe Mpofu is a new author to me, Reckless Hate being my first read from her, and it was MINDBLOWING. I didn't expect any of that. It was everything I wanted, everything I search in a book. Addicted, Hot, Dark, Bully and Suspenseful.
Reckless Hate is the first book in the Westbrook Blues series and it's written in dual POV.

Astraea was 13 when she was forced to leave everything behind. Her friends, her home, her family, even her twin brother. Everyon
✨ Lucy ✨
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I REREAD IT WITH THE NEW BONUS SCENES AND IT ‘S FIRE 🔥.

When I first picked-up this book I didn't like it, the first chapter didn't capture my attention so I gave it up.
But then a few days ago I saw some very good reviews about this one, so I decided to give it another chance. I have to say I'm so happy I did it.
After a few more chapters I became so engaged in this book that I couldn't put it down.
This story is so powerful , enriched with some very strong alpa-males but also an as strong and po
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
"He saw me...and that's all that has ever mattered."

I'm in awe! And I'm in love.
Wow, Thandiwe Mpofu's writing is so clever as if you're reading the most suspenseful story ever written, except it's a Bully High School Romance! I'm addicted. And I can't wait for more.
NativeHippiesBookObsession
it.sgottabethebooks
Thandiwe Mpofu is a new to me author. This book is a great start to what is gonna be an exciting and epic series.

Alex and Astraea have a tumultuous love/hate relationship. The secondary characters are a great addition as they fill the pages with a whole lot of brooding and sexiness.

Reckless Hate will have you hooked from the first few pages. It broke me at the prologue and continued to the very end. I couldn’t help but devour it in one day. I was on the edge of my seat as the story was so inte
Thandiwe Mpofu
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The Blue Boys are coming!!
Rock N Read
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the PERFECT YA bully romance.

This story is brilliantly wrapped in suspense and emotion. The entire book had me on the edge of my seat. I lost sleep because I had to keep turning the page to see what happened next.

The entire book will have you asking who, what, how, why. The emotional pull is so intense it will have you gasping for air with the characters. Heart pounding suspense.

I was gripped from the prologue. I could not put this book down.

This is my first book by Thandie Mpofw and it
Michelle Krystel
I was given an advance readers copy of this book and have decided to write a voluntary honest review. Hmm where do I start with this book, well first this was my very first book by this author and I truly impressed with her writing and mind. So many different things happened in this book its hard to keep up but you will definitely be glued to your seat you won't want to take a break with this one it's thats good and interesting. Now as for main chacters. I Always fall for meanest of them in this ...more
Alley Ciz
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thandiwe I am currently not speaking to you for how you left me with that epic cliffhanger. Like holy crap I need answers and I need them NOW.

The Blue Boys will have you swooning while making them want to punch them in the face.

The tension, drama, and intrigue had me sucked in from page one, but now I'm left with more questions than answer so give me all the words.

I cannot wait to see what happens next because holy crap, did I mention how insane the cliffy was?
Mandy’s Book Reviews
WOW ! I’m sooo kicking myself for not reading this book sooner ! This story is intriguing and intense and captivated me from beginning til end ! I literally couldn’t put it down! The story line is unpredictable and had me turning page after page ! Thandiwe Mpofu is a new to me author , but I’m loving her style and her words are like book crack to me 😂 LOVE this story , can’t wait to read the next book in this series!
heareads (Debbie)
I have no idea how to start this review. This book dragged me in, chewed me up and spat me right out! I could not get enough of the story. It’s a new adult/bully romance but the story is so original and one you don’t want to miss out on!

The book starts with a pretty dramatic scene, so beware of triggers (rape), then we go ahead four year where our heroine Star has returned home for the first time since the incident to attend her twin brothers funeral. She doesn’t believe her brothers cause of d
Bozena
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Unbelievable! 🤯 This was just so OMG! unbelievable good and dark 🖤🖤🖤
This first book in the series was so unbelievable gripping and terrible creepy at the same time, I'm completely stunned how good is was. I'm completely flabbergasted about the way this book has been written and what it did with me 🤯😭
It was so gripping and exciting that I was constantly on the edge. The main characters (and there are more than two of them) are young adults (17-19), who had to grow up fast, much faster than normal
Rose
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Looking for a slow burn?
Looking for a slow-moving book?
Looking for something light-hearted?
Looking for something that has rainbows and butterflies?
Looking for a HEA?
NOT. GOING. TO. GET. IT. HERE!
💙
Before I dive into this book. There are triggers.
Sexual Assult
Drug Use
Underage Drinking, Sex, Drugs
Drug Addiction
Mental Health
Suicidal Thought/Attempted Suicide
Overall Dark Themes
Some of these have scenes, but others are mentioned to the back story of a character.
💙
Phew, got the business out of the way
Athena D.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS

"He saw me...and that's all that has ever mattered."

This book has set the foundation to an amazing series! Reckless Hate may be categorized as a young adult/new adult romance, but it touches on issues that are dark and suspenseful. After reading the prologue, I was so captivated by the author's writing style and all the gut wrenching emotions she made me feel for what happened to Astraea.

Throughout the book, the framework is set to which families are the Westbrook Elite, w
mlovestoread
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was not what I expected it to be. It was different and so much more than another high school bully romance.I loved it. From first to last page it kept me on edge,I couldn’t stop reading it. I didn’t expected this book to start the way it did, and I’m still a little bit mad about that cliffhanger,because I need second book in the series right now! I can’t wait to see what happens next ✨
After four years Astraea is back in Westbrook Blues.Her relationship with her parents is anything but
Mia
Jun 07, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
FREEDOM!!
I wish I never read this, there isn't thing I like about this book.
Shyralf
4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stars! Bully, YA romance. Not a bad start to this series.
Christina ( The MasqueReader )
First and foremost if you must throw things during or when you finish this book make certain that it's virtual objects! My kindle survived this book but only because I was throwing virtual objects at my friends online while reading and at the end. The author has a way of sucking you into the story, making you want more and she'll give you just enough to hang onto while she sucks you back in. I spent hours tossing around theories with my friends as soon as I was done reading. She had my head wrap ...more
SinfulSoulRead
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am sorry I let you down, Blue Star.”

Reckless Hate by Thandiwe Mpofu is a book one in Westbrook Blues series. I was totally hooked with the blurb and theme. I am going, to be honest, I went into Reckless Hate a little skeptic because we have loads of books about hot, alpha, rich bullies who rule the school and feisty, brave heroines. I was afraid of the same love/hate schemes. And let me tell you…

…THIS BOOK BROUGHT ME TO MY KNEES!

From the very first brutal chapter, until the last one ended wit

• Hidden River Three (Hidden River Academy, #3)
  • Gorgeous Nasty Luxe (Blood and Diamonds #2)
  • Ruin Me  (Twin Falls Academy #1)
  • Ugly Dark Truth (Harvard Academy Elite #2)
  • Good Girls (Arcadia High Anarchists Book 1)
  • The S*x Tape
  • Holy Trinity (Trinity High, #1)
  • Angel (The Brotherhood #1)
  • Bully Love (Bad Boys of Hillview Academy #2)
  • Little White Lies (Harvard Academy Elite, #1)
  • One More Day (Ridgeside High #4)
  • Unbelievable (Haven Falls #2)
  • Wicked Elites (Bully Boys of Brittas Academy #1)
  • Defiance Falls Revolution (Defiance Falls, #2)
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • Not Giving up (Ridgeside High #1)
  • Betrayal Academy (The Boys of Westview Academy #4)
  • Ever Found (Lost Boys of Neverly Prep #2)
See top shelves…
Thandie is a simple millennial who’s just trying to make avocado toast at two am and finish the next novel that she hopes you’ll fall in love with all while she tries to secure her entire life in one go.

But these are all lies! She really spends an insane amount of time on Instagram, stalking Beyonce for the next album release which she swears might drop at anytime. Sorry to that lady.

Stalker much

Westbrook Blues (6 books)
  • Vicious Hate (Westbrook Blues #2)
  • Broken Hate (Westbrook Blues, #3)
  • Petty Rage (Westbrook Blues)
  • Poison Aches (Westbrook Blues)
  • Ruthless Lies (Westbrook Blues)