Start by marking “Avenged by Love” as Want to Read:
Avenged by Love

Avenged by Love

From award-winning author LJ Evans comes a simmering, fake-relationship romance between a protective, military man and a comic-loving, book store clerk with an entire town against her…

“You don’t have to fight the world alone. You’ve got me.”

Travis Dayton, a.k.a. Truck, is focused on two things: excelling in his position at the Coast Guard and keeping his younger brothe
Published March 2021 (first published April 29th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Avenged by Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avenged by Love

Start your review of Avenged by Love
Leticia (jerseygirl)
Jul 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
**Read as part of the Anchor Novels box set**

"From the moment I’d walked into Leena’s place and found her standing in the kitchen, I’d felt a shift, a change in my world. I hadn’t recognized it for what it was. Souls calling to souls."
I started reading this series in the wrong order, so I was already familiar with the characters in this book. Believe me when I say that did nothing to stop the emotions running through me. LJ Evans really has a way of reeling you in with her words.

"It made his smi
Korrie’s Korner
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.5 stars! (Due to the fact of my headspace at the time of reading.)

I loved Jersey & Truck’s story so much! I love the uniqueness of it. I love marriage of convenience stories, but this one had a twist...that also twisted up my heart. I was a goner for Truck when I saw how he cared for Jersey at her worst, and quite frankly that embarrassing time of the month. The tenderness, and concern that he displayed moved me beyond words.

My heart went out to Jersey, with all the things that she bore on he
Bookish
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LJ Evans writes a great HEA story. This is a standalone but does have characters from the previous books. A wonderfully written slow burn, nerdy girl meets, protective Coast Guard, fake relationship read that brings all the feels.
Angela Carter
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jersey and Trucks story is my favorite thus far. Once again I was swept away with the flowing words and music that brings it together nicely. There are moments that make your heart smile and will have you cheering them on as they realize love is worth the risk. This is another refreshing happily ever after that will stick with you. I received an ARC of this and volunteered to review it.
Rebecca
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another exceptional book by LJ Evans! I don’t know if she knows how to write anything that doesn’t hit the heart and make you live in the book with the characters! I can’t wait for the next book in the series!
Emily
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can’t ever find enough words, or even the right words to describe how well written this author’s books are. I was really curious about Jersey’s backstory. There was so much mystery surrounding her when we met her in previous books. Completely unexpected plot there. Truck and Jersey find themselves in really similar situations in life. They both have to step up to the plate to keep an eye on their sibling. Putting others first is second nature. Both of them made me mad at times during the book, ...more
Sophie Koufes
Apr 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
military romance with lots of heart and soul. The characters are compelling and well evolved. Jersey Banner and Travis, a.ka. Truck Dayton will strike a chord with you as they sail through their journey to get a hea. Looking forward to reading what's next in this series. ...more
Kurt
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The latest book from LJ Evans grabbed me from the beginning and never let go!

Jersey has spent her life hiding: from an abusive father, from a town that judges her by the misdeeds of her father and from her own guilt. She also feels a responsibility for her younger sister, since their mother died at a young age. At the same time, she’s dealing with some health issues that are becoming increasingly severe yet has no insurance or money to effectively deal with them.

Truck has finally achieved some
Ariadna Basulto
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Avenged by Love by A.K. Evans was fantastic. A perfect blend of heart-aching and beautifully sweet romance. From the very start Jersey and Truck’s story grabbed me and didn’t let go until the very end. I loved them together and individually. They’re both such great people and siblings. Always putting their younger siblings first even at their own detriment. It was great to see them find each other and at the same time find solace, support, and love.

A.K. Evans made my heart squeeze, ache, and fi
Aly
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, sweet, and crazy read!
I love the family relationships in this book, I feel like I don't read enough stories about siblings caring for each other. Jersey cared so much for Violet and it was adorable seeing them surprise the other with fun things. Jersey needed to care about her own health and do what was best for her and she did baby Violet too much, but Vi was great about it and gently pushed her big sister toward happiness.

Truck is a great guy and my favorite kind of leading male, he's s
Tanja OMGReads
Shelves: 5star, omgreads, april
I was so excited to start reading this book ever since we fist met Travis. He and Jersey have a lot in common and it was only natural for them to bond and find comfort in each other.

As the story develops I wasn't so sure they were meant to find the HEA. But as always loves is a powerful source that finds a way to correct the wrongs and lets them find the HEA they both deserved.

I'm getting addicted to LJ Evans and her writing, I really am. Once again she wrote a story that will stay with me for
Stephanie Osborne
Avenged by Love, Truck & Jersey’s story, was everything I wanted, and kinda expected. Not to say it’s predictable because it certainly isn’t. But when we first met Truck, he had been hit hard by the behavior of someone else, and we know he feels responsible for his younger brother. Jersey is barley a glimpse in previous stories...because that’s who she is - a ghost slipping in and out of rooms trying to be invisible. She also feels responsible for a younger sibling. With all they have in common, ...more
Luv 2 Read
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LJ Evan's, is one of my favorite authors.
I love how she strips down her characters and puts them back together whole and even more complete.
This story and series is one of my favorites.

Jersey Banner, has been taking care of her younger sister.
They don't talk about their past.
Where Jersey, is as quite as a mouse, her sister Violet, has extremely the opposite personality.
She feels responsible for the life they now have and forgoing her own happiness, she only wants to make sure that Violet, g
Leanne
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every time I read one of LJ Evans's books, it becomes my favorite. This one was no different, except it happened faster! From the very first chapter, I was totally invested in Truck and Jersey's story. They both were carrying so much responsibility for such young people. Jersey also had some physical issues happening that were very relate able. Truck is a caretaker through and through. My heart broke for them, until they found each other. I am already looking forward to more in this series!
"Love
Nicole ReadingBetweenTheSheets
Avenged by Love is the third book in this series by LJ Evans, and dang…every book in the series becomes my favorite! This one “can” be read as a stand-alone, but I would certainly recommend reading this series in order, so you can understand the supporting characters and where they come into this story. This slow burn romance between Truck (Travis) and Jersey is incredible! They are both struggling with what they feel is their obligation to protect the ones they love and what they feel is their ...more
Leisa Ann
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After meeting Truck in the first 2 books I have been anxiously awaiting his story and LJ Evans nailed it! Truck is the most selfless, caring, humble, giving, loving and protective hero....he would truly give you the shirt off of his back to help someone else...we need more Truck's in the world! Jersey's story is more that just a story.....it is a journey that probably mirrors the author's in some way. Jersey's health issues may resonate with some readers and provide some comfort both in knowing ...more
Dawn Strickland
The Heart Knows
Avenged by Love is an emotional, slow-burn, friends-to-lovers romance. The characters were flawed and unique. Jersey and Travis (aka Truck) have both experienced tragedies and disappointments in life, however they both forged ahead. Jersey for her younger sister and Truck for his career. Their loyalty to their siblings was a common bond, but there was something...more. Their souls called out to one another. Just like the sexual tension their friendship builds slowly and steadily.
NovelMomma
Shelves: arc
So, some books you read and the review is just right there waiting at your fingertips. This book? I've been trying to review for a week now. Each time I feel like it just doesn't quite do it justice. Before I picked up this book, I was in such a reading slump. Nothing would hold my attention, and I just couldn't get engaged. This is completely out of the norm for me, so it was driving me crazy! However, I picked up Avenged, and I couldn't put it down. I couldn't possibly love this couple more!

I
Sofie Sehested
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book and the growing friendship and love between Truck and Jersey.

This is a military romance set in the coast guard.
Truck(Travis) is stationed in the town of New London where he moves into a small cottage with his 22 year old brother Dawson. They have both had a very though childhood with a distant mother and absent fathers. Dawson spiraled out of control and now Truck feels responsible for him and feels like he has to help straiten him out.
Jersey is a young woman who lives w
Karen Hrdlicka
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have loved every book I have read by LJ Evans. Her books are thought provoking, honest, and heartfelt. Her books hit the reader in the emotions, allowing her characters grab on to the reader's heartstrings and hold on for the usually bumpy ride to the HEA. The course of true love never runs smooth, and Truck and Jersey's story certainly illustrates that saying.
As different as the Coastie and the bookstore clerk are, they are equally alike. Both carry a burden and guilt that is not theirs to s
Luv 2 Read
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LJ Evan's is not your typical romance author and that's what makes all of her books so special.

LJ Evan's, is one of my favorite authors.
This story and series is one of my favorites.

Jersey Banner, has been taking care of her younger sister.
They don't talk about their past.
She feels responsible for th
Jeprs
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
L.J. Evans writing is so intense and powerful, it’s makes me feel like she’s writing from direct experience. Her characters and storylines feel so very real! This book is just as good as the others, and deserves more than 5 stars!

I’ve been waiting for Truck’s (aka Travis) story!! I have loved Truck since I first met him.. he’s solid and steadfast. He will do anything for his family. He takes care of his brother Dawson. He is working at the Coast Guard Academy. He’s attracted to Jersey.

Jersey has
Nicole ReadingBetweenTheSheets
Amy Malek Concepcion

Truck has been a favorite character from book 1 so I was excited to read this story. And the more I got to know him, the harder I fell. Jersey was intriguing from the beginning as well. They both find themselves in a similar situation, feeling responsible for younger siblings with no parents around, and selflessly putting that sibling first before anything else. The mutual attraction is there but they try to stay away from each other because neither want to take focus away from family.
Kari Hansen
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jersey soon realized that the only people that she and her sister can depend on is each other. Rather than the community supporting them in their time of need they instead found themselves blamed for things that weren’t their fault. She always puts her sister first with no consideration of the cost to herself until Truck comes into her life.

Truck loves his career in the Coast Guard, but he is also trying to ensure that his brother stays focused on his future. Although he is attracted to her he h
Ashleigh (A Page Once Turned)
What can i say about Jersey and Truck's story... Honestly words aren't enough to describe how beautifully written this story was..

This story is so fulled with emotion. It breaks your heart in so many ways.. At one point i believe that this was a story of 'better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all' but then in LJ Evans fashion she patched every hole in your heart and dried the tears in your eyes.

This story is so beautiful. Jersey is such a georgous heroine.. She carries the weight
Dee Shelvey
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story was right up my ally. I loved how even though two people can be very differnt they can have some simlar traits. This story will take you on a ride around the small town, and how people can overcome how a small town might feel about them.

This story will give you all the feels. The happy the sad, even the fustratred and wanting to yell at characters to do what you think as a reader they should do.

Trust the author to know where the story is going to take you. It will be a bumpy and som
Michelle Fritz PA
Ms. Evans has done it again!! She's created unforgettable characters that pull your heart a part in a million different ways!! This book has wings of its own that will take you on one of the greatest love story adventures you'll ever take! How could you not fall for Jersey and Truck!? They are each these tragic beings that you just want to wrap up in gigantic hugs!! I loved Violet and Dawson as well (I cannot wait to finally see them be together!! *Insert fangirling screams*)! We all carry our s ...more
Katia Hatter
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Be Prepared to be Swept Away by Truck and Jersey's Love Story!

I received an ARC of this book and am thrilled to be writing this review for another L.J. Evans masterpiece with "Avenged by Love".

This book follows the story of Travis "Truck" Dayton, a character those who have read the first two books of this series are familiar with and (like me) have probably been waiting anxiously to read his story.

Truck and Jersey's journey starts off quickly with a mutual attraction, a medical emergency and a
Terra Oenning
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LJ Evans Absolutely knows how to go straight to the heart and feels with this book it was absolutely fantastic and such an emotional roller coaster ride that I didn't want to end. Jersey Banner is guardian of her 16 yr old sister and with the help of two mother hens she and her sister stay with them , but Travis Aka Truck and his brother move into a house Jersey helps them move but when sparks fly can Jersey let herself feel again? Jersey has a medical issue and needs health insurance and Travis ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Out of the Blue
  • Where We Went Wrong
  • Dear Ava
  • Inappropriate
  • Southern Hotshot (North Carolina Highlands #2)
  • Peacekeeper (Montgomery Brothers, #2)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men #2)
  • The Dare
  • Southern Sinner (North Carolina Highlands, #3)
  • Chasing Her Fire (Bailey Brothers, #5)
  • Over the Moon
  • The Life We Have
  • Phoebe's Promise (Oregon Sky, #1)
  • Miranda (Mail-Order Brides of Sapphire Springs, #1; Brides of Beckham)
  • When the Storm Breaks (Lost Stars #2)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Tanner (American Extreme Bull Riders Tour, #1)
Award winning author, LJ Evans, lives in the California Central Valley with her husband, daughter, and the three terrors called cats. She's been writing, almost as a compulsion, since she was a little girl and will often pull the car over to write when a song lyric strikes her. A former first-grade teacher, she now spends her days reading and writing, as well as binge-watching original shows like ...more