Start by marking “The Maharaja’s Fake Fiancée” as Want to Read:
The Maharaja’s Fake Fiancée

The Maharaja’s Fake Fiancée

A scandal-averse Maharaja.
A free-spirited actress.
What do you get when throw them together and add a fake engagement to the mix?
Depending on whom you ask, you either get a match made-in-heaven or a royal disaster.

Nivy Sharma knows exactly what she needs - the freedom to be herself and follow her passion. Guess what she doesn’t need? A tailor-made husband.

When her med
Kindle Edition
Published March 10th 2021

To ask other readers questions about The Maharaja’s Fake Fiancée, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Maharaja’s Fake Fiancée

Start your review of The Maharaja’s Fake Fiancée
Nikita (Njkinny's Blog)
Mar 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All romance lovers above the age of eighteen
Recommended to Nikita by: Alisha Kay

I just finished The Maharaja’s Fake Fiancee by Alisha Kay, her debut romance and had I not known this beforehand, I would never have guessed that this is her first book!

I absolutely adored Alisha’s vivid, witty and fluid narration. She had me laughing out loud one moment and then smoothly shifting to an emotional state with tears in my eyes the next.

Nivy and Veer won my heart right from the start. They traded barbs and bantered like kids and provided many
Siddhant Agarwal
Apr 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021
The plot of the story is quite well-done and the ingredients that Alisha has put in to cook up this tale feel amazing. The plot has an interesting curve that goes up and down, making the reader turn the pages without a break. The relationship between Veer, Nivy, Jessie and the other characters are well defined and add to the story. The sweet-sour exchanges between Nivy and Veer are amazing, and they seem almost real in they way they have been detailed and described. The plot has flavors of sweet ...more
BHAKTI GUPTE
Mar 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Maharaj Veerendra Singh, the king of Devgarh has sworn himself to be away from scandals while Nivy Sharma, a successful Bollywood actress has turned broke and returned to her hometown Devgarh to bounce back to her career. Her best friend and younger sister of Veer, Jayshree Devi aka Jessie has decided to marry the yuvraj of Tejpur and that’s where their worlds collide! Veer is indebted to the king of Tejpur who had helped his family when his father died. With the new proposal from the Tejpur kin ...more
Apeksha Rao
Mar 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book because the blurb looked interesting, and I’m really glad that I did. What a fun read! Loved the banter between Veer and Nivy. Hope to read more from the author.
Satabdi
Apr 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Alisha Kay has impressed me with her engrossing storytelling in her debut book, The Maharaja’s Fake Fiancée. It’s a steamy romance with a side of family drama and a generous dollop of feminism.

Although the story is not unique, Alisha’s style of telling it gives it fresh life. Somehow, I kept thinking of the Fawad Khan-Sonam Kapoor film Khoobsurat while reading the book. Maharaja Veer would certainly fit Fawad Khan’s character in the movie with his pride, painful history, and personality quirks.

A
Kiranmayi
Apr 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Full review on my blog:

Nivy Sharma is back in her hometown Devgarh, after five years of working in the movie industry. Her latest movie for which she invested her entire career earnings is abruptly halted. While she is searching for prospective investors to restart the movie, her mother is eager to get her married to end her passion for movies.

Veerendra Singh, the young Maharaja of Devgarh feels obliged to marry Anika, the daughter of Maharawal for the he
Neeru Rana
Mar 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
A second chance Romance

It was a good read.. the kind you finish in a single go. All the characters were well written and adorable in their own ways.
It was funny, Romantic, a bit sorrowfull and thrilling which was a complete package.
I absolutely loved Veer's character but Nivy not as much.
Alisha has portrayed really well through both their characters that not just the past incidences but also the love and support of our loved ones morph's us.
Nivy's character is the one with prejudice but blames
Padma
Mar 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Wonderful Second Chance Romance

Nivy is strong and fiesty, Veer is understanding Haughtines and this book is overall unputdownable.. Liked the plot a lot. Readers looking for a quick light read would love this book... The writing is so great and story so engaging, it would be hard to guess that The Maharaja's Fake Fiancée is author Alisha Kay's debut book. Kudos for penning down a wonderful Romance.
Ruhani
Mar 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Clashes of egos and misunderstanding!!!!

Humorous, enchanting, sexy, superb story line. Though it's not a new concept of having fake fiance's but the author has really made the characters not cliched one. Hope to read more of such stories.all the best.. Keep up the good work!!!
Amreen Shaikh
Mar 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Light read

Nivy and Veer always bantering with each other. A funny romantic story. Where veer is super cool, loved by all, where as nivy is full of herself.
Brother sister bickering is super cute with time to time entry of Rani maa.
Overall good story.
Tejaswini
Apr 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Outrightly Hilarious

Worth the read. Very hilarious dialogues.
Considering the author's first book very well written......Jayshree's story could be a sequel to this book
Pavani
Apr 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Sweet one..!!

The most terrible misunderstandings can be rooted from one's fears alone sometimes and the point is beautifully driven home by Alisha Kay. Sweet story..!!
Nandish
Apr 04, 2021
Rakshna
Mar 22, 2021
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Long Road Home: An Indian Billionaire romance (Sehgal Family & Friends Book 5)
  • Wedding Promise
  • Wild in Love: A Passionate Romance
  • If You Let Me Go: A Sweet Romance (First Love Billionaire Romance novel)
  • Holiday in San Francisco: A Sweet Romance
  • Only You: A Destination Wedding Book (Destination Weddings 5)
  • The Unwilling Husband
  • Dazzled by Mr Suave
  • No Wedding Bells
  • Entangle
  • Shaadi Ka Laddoo
  • The Right Kind of Wrong
  • The Third Wheel in Her Marriage: Second Chance at Marriage
  • Princess and The Bodyguard
  • Enchanted (Short Story)
  • Dear Husband
  • My Warmest Sorrow: A Passionate Second Chance Romance
  • It's about destiny
Alisha Kay is a Delhi based writer, who writes romances set in India.

She doesn’t hold with the concept of damsel-in-distress, which is why her heroines are spunky women with a sharp tongue and the ability to rescue themselves.

Her heroes are hot men who are woke enough to find that independence irresistible.

The Maharaja’s Fake Fiancée is Alisha’s first book.

News & Interviews