Jump to ratings and reviews

SALT: the essential poetry of Lorette C. Luzajic

The very best poems by Lorette C. Luzajic. And that means BRILLIANT !

87 pages, Paperback

17 books5 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
Displaying 1 of 1 review
Profile Image for Rose Boehm.
Author 11 books60 followers
Read
March 6, 2021
I am about to finish reading this wonderful collection. Reading it slowly. I am sure it will not defraud me with its last offerings. So far, it’s been another emotional rollercoaster. Luzajic has done it again. After PRETTY TIME MACHINE I thought it couldn’t get any better. But here they come, fast and furious. From ‘slightly borrowed’ words from Vincent van Gogh, “I am doing my best / I long to make / beautiful things” to the ‘Ghost World’ of Svetlana, “Strange tongues sound familiar, and the worn volumes of Gogol and Chekhov take on an aura. You will not forget again these things now marking you. You will be remade, and you do not have any say in this.”

From ‘proper’ poems to what some call ‘prose poems’ – it’s all there, the form is unimportant.

There is always love, pain, poetry and magic. Whether in ‘Gipsy Bisque’: “You showed me how to make gypsy soup: it was nothing but flour and tomatoes, with a lot of paprika and a little bit of bacon or butter. You’ll never go hungry, you said, stirring Serbia tenderly with a long wooden spoon. We added cashews, and cracked black pepper, poetic license.” or ‘Crossing the River Jordan’: “She had walked like me / to the edge of / that river, and then held back.” Luzajic allows her deepest self to shine through and to be utterly vulnerable.

As she says in ‘The Broken World’: “It doesn’t matter: / every time you / break my heart, / I will grow another one”

What are you waiting for? Go to Amazon. Now!

Rose Mary Boehm, author of various poetry collections, including THE RAIN GIRL, recently published by Chaffinch Press. https://www.rose-mary-boehm-poet.com/
Displaying 1 of 1 review

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.