Start by marking “Carmelo's Malice (Whitsborough Progenies, #2)” as Want to Read:
Carmelo's Malice (Whitsborough Progenies, #2)

Carmelo's Malice (Whitsborough Progenies, #2)

Why am I so angry?
Why does the need to make another bleed reside within me?
Easy, genetics right?
I’m nothing like my mother and my father is dead.
Now what?
Whitsborough is a town that’s shiny on the outside but rotting on the inside.
Unearthing one secret here means digging through hundreds of others to reach it.
Finding my father’s secret would change everything.
My training i
ebook
Published April 19th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Carmelo's Malice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carmelo's Malice

Start your review of Carmelo's Malice (Whitsborough Progenies, #2)
Crystal Bell (Crystal_reads_)
Apr 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-romance
Let me tell you, I am far from disappointed in this book, and I just knew this series was going to be epic. Move over, Ivy: your cousins just became my favorite. I sat and prepared myself for a few days before I started to read this book. Deep down, I had a feeling there would be some mind trickery involved, and there is. (Insert a giddy me) If I could give this book more than five stars, I would.

Catalina, since birth, has been trained to be a soldier for the cartel. She is seen as an ice-cold
C.A. Rene
Mar 30, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Carmelo's Malice is complete! To celebrate how about a sneak peek?

Copyright © 2021 C.A. Rene

Prologue - Carmelo
How did I end up here?
My arms trussed up above my head and my body swinging over a darkened cement floor. Darkened with what can only be bodily fluids. I can smell the ammonia and iron plainly from here.
I can hear voices coming from my left but it’s hard to see that side with my eye swollen shut and my body hurts too much to force it to turn. I was warned this could happen and that fucki
Valentina
I can always count on a gritty, steamy, and adventure-filled ride from this author, and this book lived up to those expectations. Enemies to lovers, Carmelo and Catalina along with the calmer Cameron discover unexpected love while embroiled in Cartel -- rather, getting themselves and their Head organization away from the Cartel. This is a stand-alone book, but best experienced after reading the original (parents') series.

Carmelo is an underground fighter, and Cameron is his best friend and de fa
Ada
Apr 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc2021, april2021

Carmelo's Malice is the second book in the Whitsborough Progenies, and you guessed it tells the story of Carmelo and Catalina and Cameron, the triple Cs as I named them in my head.

This story is a wild ride, Carmelo and Catalina always being on each others throats and Cameron being there to take care of them and calm them in a way. Their relationship wasn't so easily accepted by them, but in the end everything played out.

The plot and the story itself is crazy, there were some funny momen
Lucy Joyeux (Gazikova)
I've got this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I'm IN for this option!!! Don't know what I mean? Well, read the damn book!!!!

I love every single book by C.A. Rene I've read so far and I knew I'll love this more as much! She's a beast and I'm here for it!

This book is going around of beloved duo Carmelo and Cameron as well as around Catalina Delgado! A love triangle? Not really, but that's for you to find out!

Carmelo is a hot-headed dude that loves to fight! (If you've read Through
Bookish Barbi
Apr 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Pure perfection!!!

This is book two in the Whitsborough Progenies series and although you do not need to read book one, why the heck wouldn't you?

The series is interconnected so we got to see our faves from book 1 make an appearance. I love when series are like that, it's like watching a TV show. You get a peek into different characters lives as well as keep up to date on past couples. Also, helps with being burned out with the same people over and over especially if the series is long.

But I dig
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books
ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

Star Rating : 4/5 Stars

Angst Rating : 4/10

Heat Rating : 6/10

Review :
C. A. Rene is back with her cutthroat heroes and savage heroines. Carmelo and Saxon were sin incarnated and I loved them soo much! Catalina was the perfect badass female character.

These all have that toxic chemistry that you know is bad for health but you can't help yourself and have it enough. The storyline was good and I can't wait to see more from this author! H
Samantha La Mar
Mar 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Y’all ain’t ready !!! If you like toxic, fiery, physical relationships 👀.... this ones for you 🥵 and Jesus I wasn’t prepared to fall MORE in love with Saxon 😩 ITS KILLING ME! I need his book YESTERDAY!
Michelle
Apr 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
CA Rene has created yet another frigging masterpiece. This time, in the story for Carmelo. And if you paid close enough attention, it’s Cameron’s story as well. Carmelo, the cousin of Ivy, the nephew of Ember, son of Carmelo. His past is what shapes him, his present and future is what defines him. Cameron, the son of Tommy. The ever-present best friend, he’s the calm before the storm. These guys are thick as thieves and work well together. They both have a shared history with Catalina Delgado. A ...more
Emma (emjbookshelf)
Chrissy has done it again, Every book I have read of her's takes you on a journey that you are not prepared for and Carmelo's Malice is no different.

This may be Camelo's story but it is also Cameron and Catalina's and if you hadn't already guessed then yes this is a MMF romance. Carmelo has always thought a part of him was missing and it isn't till he starts finding out more about his deceased father till he starts to gather strength, Oh don't get me wrong, Carmelo is a fighter so he has the phy
Kelsey Coussou Buckman
Apr 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Carmelo, Catalina, & Cameron.

2 hotheads and 1 to keep the peace.

Book 2 of the Progenies. Another set of the next generation brought to you from the crazy & intense brain of C.A. Rene.

She loves giving us a nice toxic relationship. With this one she gave us 2 toxic people with the 1 who brings them all together.

Slowly more of the kids are finding out their family history and where they fall in line to continue it. Is it something they want? Do they want to walk away? How upset are they when th
Bookiechick  Reviews
I was NOT ready for this. I knew this would wreck me in the best way possible and I was right.
Let me just submerge myself in holy water cause hot dang! The spice is through the roof and I’m not ashamed to admit I’m a thirsty ho here for every second! My gosh these characters are something! I don’t know why I wasn’t expecting that level of depth. I mean from Ivys book I really should have been prepared but I wasn’t at all. And that’s on me.
I was captivated from the first chapter. I love how th
Felicia
Apr 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carmelo's Malice by C.A. Rene is a dark romance standalone in the Whitsborough Progenies series.

This is the second book in this spin-off series from Whitsborough Chronicles. I would highly recommend recommend reading that series first for full context. But it is set up to read as a standalone.

I absolutely love C.A.'s books! I was pulled in from the very beginning and couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. I loved the relationship that bloomed between Carmelo, Catalina, and Cameron.
Tash  Soul Sisters Divine Moment with Books
I am extremely lucky to be a part of C.A. Rene's beta team and as always, she blows me away with the stories that she writes!
Carmelo's Malice was absolutely amazing!!!! Such an addictive read!
The perfect MFM romance that is dark and delicious teamed with epic chemistry, toxicity, passion and just enough suspense.
I will tell you one thing, C.A. Rene knows how to write the hottest scenes. GAHHHHHHHH!!! Seriously!!
I loved Carmelo! Even though there were times that his words were cruel and cutth
Michelle The Outgoing Bookworm
Another great addition to the Whitsborough saga.

This time it’s Carmelo and Cameron’s turn with the woman they both love - Catalina. Carmelo and Catalina are like oil and water or something more toxic but they’re perfect for each other. And Cameron is the guy that balances them out.

It wouldn’t be a Whitsborough book without some sinister, dark drama filled with sadistic criminals and crazy good guys. And I enjoyed every minute of it as well as the polyamorous relationship that unfolds between the
Jocelyn H
Mar 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So much fire

Carmelo and Cat are just an explosion waiting to happen. I loved then from their first fight and their relationship had me hooked into this story. But throw Cameron into this mfm story and just wow, it is so amazing. I absolutely loved getting to know Cameron and watching him fall for Cat and become part of this relationship with the man who he is closer to than a brother. These two guys don't have a sexual relationship but they work together to give the firey, headstrong, badass Cat
M Mendes Bookstagram
Oh my…I am loving the second generation of Whitsborough. C.A. Rene, author, is one of my favorite authors and I loved the Whitsborough Chronicles Series including the Whitsborough Progenies. C.A. Rene did a fantastic job with the characters of Carmelo’s Malice. Carmelos never knew his Dad who dies saving his Aunt Ember (from the Whitsborough Chronicles Series) making him feel like he needed live up to an image he had of his Dad. Cameron is trying to figure what his future will look like and thin ...more
Ashleigh
Apr 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carmelo's malice is interesting that's for sure. It is a beautiful combination of slow-burn, insta-attraction, second chance, enemies to lovers, friends to lovers. Trust me I know it sounds confusing but it's not and it worked really, really well.

I did initially have a paragraph for each character but thought that it might make it a bit too long so I'll summarise my thoughts instead of the stream of consciousness.

I love Carmelo, Cameron and Catalina. They are so very passionate in their way and
Libby
May 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carmelo Malice is book 2 in the spin off Whitsborough Prodigies series, and is a deliciously dark romance read.

I absolutely love all the books that CA writes and is one of my favourite 1 click authors and this book I would recommend to any one who loves books on the darker side of romance.

I seriously was addicted to this book and could no put it down, Carmelo, Catalina and Cameron was messy and explosive at times but you couldn’t help but be in their corner and hope they could survive everything
Holly Lucas
May 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cat and Carmello were like two opposing forces that when they finally came together the results were cataclastic.
These books just keep getting better and better, they keep you on your toes and make you feel as if your heart will explode out of your chest, It's the most terrifying emotional rollercoaster ever but so worth the ride.
I cant wait to see where the next Rollercoaster C. A takes me on will be.
R.E. Bond
Apr 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the whitsborough series, but the next generation are killing it!!! I love cat, carmelo and Cameron, they balanced each others personalities out and had their own strengths to bring into the relationship. Carmelo is explosive and impulsive, much like Cat, where Cameron is calm and acts as a buffer for the other two. The emotions in this book give you whiplash of the good kind, and the hot scenes are smoking!
Mandy’s Book Reviews
Holy hell this book was on fire ! I devoured this book in one sitting. This is another action packed steamy romance that this author has created. I loved the characters the plot the amazing jaw dropping ending this is another amazing sizzling hot must read by this author! I can’t wait for Saxons story he definitely surprised me in this one ! Another magnificent five star read !
Evelyn Jane Thorne
C.A. Rene is back at it again with another kickass addition to the Whitsborough Progenies. Carmelo’s Malice follows Carmelo, Catalina and Cameron.

First off I just want to say that I am in total awe of just how kickass, sassy and strong Cat is. She is absolutely fierce and extremely loyal to the cause which we definitely see in this book. Some of my favourite moments were the toxic, intense and passionate interactions that she had with Carmelo. I love how I could never tell if they were going to
Beatriz Patricio
Apr 21, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this author and I can’t get enough of her books. When we think it can’t get any better, she proves us wrong and blows our fucking minds.
Catalina...the mouth of that girl, so dirty and dangerous. She’s a fucking weapon, sharp, precise and deadly. But that tough exterior is deceiving, because deep inside she’s a pained, lonely girl that needs someone to be there for her, to support her, to protect her, and most of all, to love her.
And she found it in not one, but two sexy and loyal as hell
Claires Book Reviews  And Wine
Not at all disappointed.

So sacrilege admitting this but I haven't yet read the whitsbourgh series but that will quickly be rectified. I devoured Ivy's Venom and Carmelo's Malice in under 26 hours, only took that as had stuff to do, and have loved it.

Usually the progenies can be hard to write and might be because i didn't read them first but I thought these just fit and were so well written.

Carmelo and Cameron are quite the duo and even though are complete opposites their friendship was one of m
Shelby Romer
Apr 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story! Love the trouble these characters get into, the struggles they have to face, and the overlap from previous books. Everything! Can’t wait for more of this family!
KL
Apr 19, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great addition to Whitsborough progenies series!

Carmelo stuggles with finding out who he is and where he belongs in his family. But as he gets to find out more about his father and rest of the family he’s beginning to understand what it means to be a Torres.

Carmelo and Catalina were toxic together but luckily, they had Cameron to keep balance!
Catalina was strong and fierce and I loved that she wasn’t afraid to go toe to toe with Carmelo and threw a couple of punches at him that he m
Mary-berry
Apr 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Anyone else wondering what it would be like if one day C.A. Rene decided to write a rom-com? Carmelo fun nature and internal thoughts had me cracking up on multiple occasions alongside with the other supporting characters. *looks around for Catalina every time she attacks him and Cameron's growing 🍆 AND ESPECIALLY SAXON 👀👀 - there's something seriously unhinged about him that calls to me 👀👀*

Also, can I say hot damn? Because HOT DAMN. When Cat and Carmelo get at each others' throats and take in C
Rosa Dunahue
Apr 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carmelo’s Malice has just took my breath away. It completely pulled me in from the beginning and I never out it down today.

Catalina has been training since birth to be a soldier for cartel but it make her strong and people think cold and ice queen. And that is a heartbreaking story. Carmelo has always training to take his aunt place. But the chemistry and sometimes oil and water. Cat and Carm doesn’t bring the out the best in each other that where you have Cameron. He is like a calm they don’t
April Davadi
Apr 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carmelo's Malice is 2nd book following the Whitsborough Pronegies .

I have to say the soul bond between carm and cam is genuinely one I can feel to my heart just by personal experience with my own bestfriend of years . But when Cat comes into the mix it makes that bond explosive ! I definitely believe that a person has more than one soul bound mate whether it in the form of a lover ,kin , or friendship .

This story was full of love and hate but also growth . Each character in this story learned s
« previous 1 3 next »

• A History of Violence (A Violent Agenda, #1)
  • Violent Tendencies
  • Hunting the Reaper (Reaped, #1)
  • Gangsters and Guns
  • Hostile Saint (Steel Stallions MC, #1)
  • Perfectly Jaded (Watch Me Burn #5)
  • Sully (The Brotherhood, #3)
  • Ignite Me (Watch Me Burn #4)
  • Finale (Academy of Stardom, #4)
  • The Death Club (Dead Men Walking, #1)
  • A Legacy of Sorrow (A Violent Agenda, #2)
  • The Glass Slipper (Cinderella, #3)
  • Brutal Boy (Willow Heights Prep Academy: The Exile Book 2)
  • Reckless at Westbrook High (The Kingston Brothers #2)
  • Inevitable (Love in LA, #4)
  • Little Devil
  • Equilibrium (The Rapture, #2)
  • Deep (Heavy Hearts, #2)
Join my readers group on Facebook!

News & Interviews