Start by marking “My Dear Miss Dupré (American Royalty Book #1)” as Want to Read:
My Dear Miss Dupré (American Royalty Book #1)

My Dear Miss Dupré (American Royalty Book #1)

Willow
Kindle Edition
Published March 2nd 2021

To ask other readers questions about My Dear Miss Dupré, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Dear Miss Dupré

Start your review of My Dear Miss Dupré (American Royalty Book #1)
Literary Redhead
This is a fun twisty version of The Bachelorette, but set in the Gilded Age. Willow Dupré is forced to choose a man in six months to be her husband and to help run her family’s sugar refinery business. She’s to pick a mate from 30 of New York’s elite families. The process is so fun as it unfolds and you’re never quite certain which guy she’ll choose. A delight, especially for lovers of romance and strong female characters.

4 of 5 Stars
Pub Date 02 Mar 2021
#MyDearMissDupré #NetGalley

Thanks to the
Paula Shreckhise
Madcap fun.
What a predicament Willow Dupre finds herself in. She is an educated, business-minded miss who is set to take over the sugar empire her father has built. However, the board members want her to find a husband who can rule beside her. Her parents, one of the foremost families in elite New York society of 1883, have given their daughter an ultimatum: Choose a husband in only six months from 30 hand picked suitors.
What a whirlwind romance. Willow has a good heart and relies on her faith
Deanne Patterson
Mar 28, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Deanne by: cnnamongirl@aol.com
I've never read a book quite like this one. My Dear Miss Dupre is a gilded age romance novel.
The premise of it caught and kept my attention.
This book will bring to your mind the show, Bachelor because of a similar premise.
It's a fun book to get through really.
Willow comes from an extremely well off family and sure possible suitors could be interested in her for her money but she wants to find that one man who will fall in love with her for herself.
Her family runs a sugar refinery and she is set
Debbie
Mar 01, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"My Dear Miss Dupré" is a romance set in 1882 in New York. Willow just kept making one bad decision after another, and so did her parents and her suitors. The historical details were unrealistic even if the Dupré family was meant to come across as arrogant and high-handed. They seemed determined to humiliate the suitors due to the way the whole contest was set up. They also seemed oblivious to the fact that this could create powerful enemies among those that were disrespected and dismissed.

Willo
Susan Snodgrass
Mar 11, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to the Gilded Age’s version of the Bachelorette. Willow Dupre has six months to choose a husband from the thirty men her parents have picked out for her. Otherwise, she may not get to run her father’s sugar company. Willow feels she should be allowed to run the company without the aid of a husband; however, the board members think differently.

So begins Willow’s search for a husband. I was glad to see some of these dudes eliminated and pull for my choice. I also enjoyed the bits of humor
Brittany
This was a fun and unique novel from a new to me author. I really enjoyed the set up for this story and the unusual situation that Willow found herself in. It was heartwarming to see the full faith that Willow’s parents had in her. They were confident that she was able to run the company for her father, yet they were in an uncomfortable situation with the board members of their company.

The competitions and time spent with the suitors included creative ways for the suitors and Willow to play game
Monica
Are you a reader who is a fan of The Bachelor or The Bachelorette? If so, then My Dear Miss Dupre is a book that you will likely enjoy.

Willow Dupre found herself in a position where she had to marry to take over her father's sugar business to satisfy the shareholders who don't believe a woman can run the business in 1883. Her parents select thirty suitors from New York's elite society and she agrees to choose a husband from that group.

I have to be honest up front, I don't watch much television
Kelly-Ann ~ Sassy Bookish Mama
What a great fun story this was! I mean from the very first chapter it has you chuckling. Willow Dupre is part of one of the most elite families of New York in 1883. However, she is not your typical socialite. She is smart and extremely business minded as she has been trained by her father to one day take over the sugar empire he father has built. However the board members only see Willow as a woman who should be paying more attention in finding a husband rather than concerning herself with the ...more
Ashley Johnson
Jan 26, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a delightful romp into the Gilded age! The unique plot and romantic competition kept me on my toes and invested in this story. I am a huge Bachelor tv show junkie and this book was like putting the show into a time travel machine to the Gilded
Age! A house full of gentleman vying for the attentions of Willow Dupre’ an American heiress! What could go wrong? The outings and dates were fun and adventurous and reflected the time period perfectly! I enjoyed how the plot progressed and w
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Dear Miss Dupre by Grace Hitchcock is similar to the TV show the Bachelorette, but set in the American Gilded Age. Not so willing participant, Willow Dupre, the heir of the Dupre sugar fortune can not believe what her family had gotten her into. She has 6 months to choose a husband and get married or lose her family business. No pressure!

I enjoyed meeting Willow’s family, her friends, and the bachelors. My Dear Miss Dupre had good chemistry, well crafted scenes, and the elegance reminiscent
Paula
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Dear Miss Dupre is a fascinating story of Willow, a business minded woman who, decided by her parents, must find a husband. Quickly. So they set up a competition with thirty men from their area to wed her and help assist her in the family sugar business. Beginning on New Year's eve, she must decide on one husband by June. She gets it narrowed down to eight, and eventually three, all the while, one man she really is interested in is working with her business adversary. Cullen, however, has bec ...more
Jennifer K
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grace Hitchcock’s humor had me laughing out loud in this American heiress story. She included interesting characters who were put in creative situations to reveal their true character. The storyline had me turning pages to discover the ending. The faith lessons included involved both prayer and scripture to guide the main characters. Fans of The Bachelorette TV program will certainly enjoy this Gilded Age version. I am already looking forward to the next book in the series. I was given a copy of ...more
Nancy
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was such a fun read! Imagine the Bachelorette, except clean and modest in the late 1800s New York. Willow Dupre is heir to a sugar empire. However the board refuses to allow a woman to take over. She has to find a husband so her parents choose men to vie for her affection. It is witty, fun, mysterious, and action packed at times. The journey to find a husband is full of antics. I really enjoyed the read! I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All views stated here are my ow ...more
Kate Campos
Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy for review from the publisher through Booklist.
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Willow Dupré never thought she would have to marry, but with her father's unexpected retirement from running the prosperous Dupré sugar refinery, plans changed. The shareholders are unwilling to allow a female to take over the company without a man at her side, so her parents devise a plan--find Willow a spokesman king in order for her to become queen of the empire.
Willow is presented with thirty potential suitors from the families of New York society's elite group called the
Jerrye Bell
Mar 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Dear Miss Dupre by Grace Hitchcock

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
________________________________________________________________________________
Story Notes

Grace Hitchcock brings readers the start of a new series entitled American Royalty - a start that kicks the series off with a Gilded Age "Bachelorette" styled romance that is spiced with excellent characters, snappy wit and just a bit of intrigue to keep things interesting.

This is one of those really delightful stories that pulls you in from pag
Joan
Mar 23, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This historical romance combines a number of issues. First is the glass ceiling. Willow wants to take over running the sugar manufacturing empire from her ailing father, with his permission and enthusiastic mentoring. It is an era when women are not thought suitable for business so the stockholders demand she be married first.

This brings up the second issue, a sort of bachelorette contest. Willow's mother invites men to vie for marriage to their very eligible and potentially wealthy daughter. A
Rebecca
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Gentleman, allow me to present the lady of the hour, the future queen of the Dupre Sucre empire, Miss Willow Dupre".

It was either the most brilliant idea in high society history or the most abominable; as far as Willow Dupre was concerned the jury was still out. Her parent's notion of parading thirty gentlemen callers in front of her was not only embarrassing, but seemingly impossible. How was she to choose a potential husband from the lot of them, when her time would be hopelessly di
Feb 06, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit that I have watched a few seasons of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, and I still don't understand how someone can meet the love of his or her life through such a convoluted method.

Willow Dupre has been running her father's sugar empire since he had a heart attack, but she has been thwarted at every turn by the board of directors who believe a woman can't have a good business mind. So her parents put together a New Year's Eve party different from any other they've ever thrown
Anne
Feb 24, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Dear Miss Dupré
by Grace Hitchcock
Back of the Book: “Willow Dupré never thought she would have to marry, but with her father's unexpected retirement from running the prosperous Dupré sugar refinery, she is forced into a different future. The shareholders are unwilling to allow a female to take over the company without a man at her side, so her parents devise a plan--find Willow a spokesman king in order for her to become queen of the business empire.
Willow is presented with thirty potential su
Lisa
Mar 31, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How wonderful would it be to have your pick of 30 of the richest young men in New York to marry? This is the situation Willow Dupré finds herself in as the board of her father’s sugar will not let her run the Dupré Sucré company without being married. As tempting and this sounds, how do you turn down the other twenty-nine suitors? How will Willow know the man she picks is the right one?

Willow discovers that some men are honorable, while others are looking to advance their careers and their pocke
Renee Knoblauch
Apr 05, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have wanted something different to read from my usual genre and thought that this book looked intriguing. Grace Hitchcock is also a new author for me.

The book sounds like a modern day Bachelorette reality show but back in the 1880’s without the cameras and show producers. Not something I have ever watched or care to watch personally. I’m just a stickler for historical romance.

Willow wants to run her father’s business but the shareholders will not have it. She must find a husband if she is to
Alyssa Amey Madjeski
In this 1880’s version of The Bachelorette, sugar heiress Willow Dupré is reluctantly thrust into a competition arranged by her parents to secure a husband in time to appease the board members threatening to sell their shares to a ruthless competitor. Deciding a husband from 30 of New York’s most eligible bachelors in such a public way is the last thing Willow wants to do, but she has little choice with less than 6 months to marry if she wants to take over her father’s company.

Among the suitors
Debbie
Willow Dupre has worked with her dad at his sugar business and is quite competent to take over his position as he steps down. Yet the shareholders have other ideas. Willow needs to be married so that her husband can help her with the new position of being in charge or their families large sugar empire. Otherwise, the board members will sell their shares to a ruthless competitor.

To appease the board members her family plans a party to present 30 hand picked suitors from which Willow will have to
Mar 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Husband Hunt!

PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW ON MY BLOG: http://bookreadingtic.com/2021/03/23/...

Imagine, unbeknownst to you, your parents set up a competition with thirty eligible bachelors to win your hand in marriage. Willow Dupré is shocked to find out that is what her parents have done—and she must marry one of them in six months’ time. It is the bachelorette meets 1882 high society, with some crazy twists!

Unusual for a female at that time, Willow has helped her father run their profitable suga
Courtney Ballinger
“American Royalty”
In 1882, Willow Dupre has only months to choose a husband out of thirty suitors if she wishes to remain in control of her family’s business. And all of the men aren’t as they seem.

Doesn’t that premise draw you in? That’s how My Dear Miss Dupre began, and I loved the uniqueness. Throughout the novel, we’re given the point-of-views of Willow and two suitors, a change from the typical romance that I appreciated. At first, I wasn’t entirely sure which to root for, and isn’t that
Ellie
Feb 21, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2021
What a creative idea for a book! Willow Dupre is an heiress who spent years preparing to run her family company and has no interest in marrying, however the company's board of directors won't let her take over without a husband at her side. Willow's parents devise a competition between thirty carefully selected bachelors to win Willow's hand in marriage. Willow has a set number of months to select a husband from this group that she gets to know through various dates and outings.

I found it challe
Kaye
I love the Gilded Age in American history and it is a wonderful setting for a romance. Willow Dupre has been raised to take over her fathers sugar business. With his failing health, the board of directors is not willing to have a woman helm the business without a man, so a new plan is hatched. Willow will have a "Bachelorette" competition with 30 of the most eligible bachelors from the prominent families of NYC. All this is a great start to what I expected to be a fun and lighthearted book.

Willo
Nora St Laurent
Mar 11, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don’t judge a book by its cover, this is one entertaining and delightful adventure with so many twists and turns I didn’t see coming. Miss Depre’s parents are in a bind and need to have their daughter marry to save the family business. This took Miss Dupre by surprise, but she quickly accepted her parents’ wishes to proceed with her choosing a man that would be her husband in the next several months.

I adored this book which reminded me of our modern-day Bartlett Show. I enjoyed walking in Miss D
Jenni
Mar 22, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thirty of New York's most eligible suitors are up for grabs in this delightful new Christian fiction from author Grace Hitchcock. Funny, charming and entertaining, Miss Hitchcock takes the reader on a splendid adventure where Willow Dupré is future sugar queen of Dupré Sucré.

Willow Dupré has spent most of her life beside her father in all his business dealings. She is quite confident in her expertise and business experience and is ready to take her rightful position in her family's sugar refine
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Prince of Spies (Hope and Glory, #3)
  • Shadows of the White City (The Windy City Saga, #2)
  • When Twilight Breaks
  • The Indebted Earl (Serendipity & Secrets, #3)
  • A Dance in Donegal
  • Hope Between the Pages (Doors to the Past)
  • The Thief of Blackfriars Lane
  • Tidewater Bride
  • Unknown Threat (Defend and Protect, #1)
  • A Cowboy for Keeps (Colorado Cowboys, #1)
  • A Tapestry of Light
  • Dreams of Savannah
  • Braced for Love (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • Obsession (Natchez Trace Park Rangers, #2)
  • The Vanishing at Loxby Manor
  • The Dress Shop on King Street (Heirloom Secrets, #1)
  • The Paris Dressmaker
  • The Lady in Residence
Grace Hitchcock is the author of multiple historical novels and novellas. She holds a Masters in Creative Writing and a Bachelor of Arts in English with a minor in History. Grace lives in Baton Rouge with her husband, Dakota, son and daughter. Connect with her online at GraceHitchcock.com.