Start by marking “Green Lantern Corps, Volume 4: Sins of the Star Sapphire” as Want to Read:
Green Lantern Corps, Volume 4: Sins of the Star Sapphire

Green Lantern Corps, Volume 4: Sins of the Star Sapphire

(Green Lantern Corps (2006) #4)

Hal Jordan may be Earth's best-known Green Lantern, but he's not alone. He is just one of the Green Lantern Corps, an intergalactic police force, each of whom protects his or her space secret from evil with the aid of a power ring capable of anything its wearing can imagine.
In this new Green Lantern Corps volume, the powerful and beauteous Zamorans, led by their queen, Sta
Published June 9th 2009 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Green Lantern Corps, Volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Lantern Corps, Volume 4

Start your review of Green Lantern Corps, Volume 4: Sins of the Star Sapphire
James DeSantis
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Ah man we were on such a high running streak. This one...just wasn't as good as the last two. Saying that though, it's still fun!

So we have Kyle and Guy finally opening up their restaurant. Of course, cooking Earth food for the universe might be a little trickier than they thought. Especially when they have to teach aliens how to cook. On top of that we have to get back to Guy's date he promised. Oh, and someone is killing family members of the Green Lanterns. That's a no-no. The second half of
Nicolo
Sep 29, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comixology
The story is a throwback to the days when wizened, old blue gnomes ruled the Green Lantern Corps with cold, unemotional detachment. Not that it is missed; as a reader. I actually preferred Hal Jordan in the Jim Gordon role as head of an intergalactic police force.

This was supposed to be cool down arc, after the events of the last one which ended with Mongul's arm detached at the shoulder. This was smartly plotted and stuctured. It's a bunch of inter-related short stories that tie and also leads
Bradley
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
All the various angles are fun, like skittles, but I have to wonder if the force of love really ought to be demonized like this. Sure, it seems so nice right now, but the story is telegraphing big-boobed doom right across the universe.

Just why aren't there more violet corps who are fugly men? Do you guys think that only well-shaped bosoms have the power to love? Seriously.
Mateo Cruz
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In this book of the Green Lantern corps series they find their hands in the Sinestro corps hand killing fathers and mothers who are in the Green Lantern corps and crushing other future generations of Green Lanterns to defend the universe from evil Sinestro corps. During the Sinestro corp war the power of the Star Saphier have reached the ultimate power in the universe and could destroy the Green Lantern corps and the Sinestro corps. But they have no intention for two reasons they believe in the ...more
Barbara
Aug 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
With the Sinestro Corps war having ended, we can move onto more important things, like Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner opening an intergalactic bar on Oa (called Warriors). However, the yellow-ringed Sinestro Corps still wander the universe and strike at the Lanterns' families. A new corps, the Star Sapphires emerges, from the Zamarons, immortal beings who split from the Guardians millennia ago since they believe in the power of love to heal while the Guardians value logic and reason and seek to shu ...more
Brandt
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books
So I've gotten to the point of reading the Geoff Johns era Green Lantern related books where Blackest Night is eminent. In the pages of Green Lantern, a ton is going on--not only has Sinestro put together his own Corps wielding yellow (fear-based) rings, but we have also been introduced to the heretofore unseen (except in a splash page in Green Lantern #25) Red Lantern Corps, and their leader Atrocitus. However, since we know that the "Blackest Night" prophecy involves the creators of the Green ...more
Paul Hasbrouck
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it
For years, writers Tomasi and Johns have expended the Lantern Universe with new characters, reinventing old ones and some really bad ass wars-The Sinestro War, the Blackest Night, The Third Army and others. In this volume the main villain is a vile member of the Sinestro Corp, Kryb, who is killing Green Lantern couples and stealing their children. Also in the background is the turning of the Guardians, who I never liked, into pure monsters and their cold plans for the entire Corps. Exciting prel ...more
James  Love
Indigo the Light of Compassion.

The Guardians of the Universe outlaw love within the Green Lantern Corps. They continue to attempt to remove and refuse any emotion within the spectrum of light that they control. In doing this they ensure the coming of what they fear most. The fulfillment of the Prophecy...

Blackest Night.

The story line is interesting but the artwork was not as well done as the artwork for the Green Lantern. The Green Lantern artwork is more realistic while the Green Lantern Corps
Derek Newman-Stille
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall this is a collection that had a lot of potential but I wish there had been more about the Star Sapphires in it. They are a group that has huge amounts of potential to be really interesting and dealing with a lot of complexity but they sort of just kept appearing in this as background noise rather than developed characters
Jake
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tomasi is such a great writer, wow. He really knows how to make the Sinestro Corps scary. And I love the build up stuff with the Guardians.
Tracy Dickens
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
That third law is messed up and asking for trouble.
Jainam
Jul 20, 2020 rated it liked it
These smurfs talk too much
Victor Orozco
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
After the events of the Sinestro Corps War, the Green Lantern Corps continues to march on especially in the face of a new threat on the Horizon. These stories that lead up to the Blackest Night and are becoming very engaging as the Corps Members Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner do what they can to relax as well as prepare for the next big fight.

From creating a Terran style restaurant on Oa to women trouble, Guy and Kyle are doing what they can. Guy’s relationship with fellow superhero Ice is not that
Wing Kee
Sep 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Okay, now we are getting to the grotesque and it's starting to turn my stomach.

So far I've enjoyed this Corps run because of the focus on the other corps members and their stories, it's been very action movie oriented and the stories have been fun. Now, I still like this arc and the 2 stories it contains, but it's starting to get a bit grotesque for the sake of being grotesque.

World: Gleason took a lot of time off this arc so Ross came in to pencil and overall he did a good job, his art matched
orton41290
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
The Green Lanterns are all about the willpower and we've seen that the Star Sapphires are all about the love. The Guardians of the Universe have essentially barred themselves from all emotion, which leaves a lot of room to display their greatest trait, that they are so damn stupid it literally makes me angry sometimes. The Star Sapphires aren't really any better, as they believe, like The Beatles, that love is all you need. The Star Sapphires have been making some really bright flashes of violet ...more
Kevin Knowles
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, green-lantern
The opening two-parter feels rushed with Mongul re-awakening and some other aliens hunting down Rookie Lantern families. A new lantern who talks to the dead is introduced, but I don;t find him all that interesting, it does explain the quest that goes on in the main Green Lantern title (yay crossovers -.-). The most interesting part was Guy and Kyle opening the bar.

The second story was about Kryb attacking Lantern families who have children causing the Guardians to instate a third law into their
Rusty
Sep 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I was handed a stack of Green Lantern graphic novels a year or so ago and told to read them... because they're awesome. Best I can tell, despite being vol. 4, this was where I was supposed to start, as they are all part of that Blackest Night storyline.

Honestly, I have no idea what in the hell is going on. I never entirely understood how willpower or fear or love can be given a color, and then be used to fuel superheros. But in the DC universe, that's just how they roll.

So lots of characters I d
Sean
Dec 26, 2012 rated it liked it
I know I'm in the minority because I have read many positive things about Patrick Gleason's art work on Green Lantern Corps, but I have such a hard time enjoying it. It is sometimes so difficult to distinguish who is who in panels and the action is way too hard to follow at times, and that's a shame because Peter J. Tomasi's story here is really good. The Sinestro Corps member Kryb is disturbingly creepy, and the Star Sapphires are becoming more and more interesting each time we see them. My onl ...more
Mike Poi
Jun 22, 2009 rated it liked it
Sins is a transition volume in the series, as it wraps up threads from previous volumes and helps sets the stage for the next "event". The Luke Ross art for the 2 part story that begins the volume doesn't stand out as special. I've seen Luke do much better in the past. Gleason's art on the remainder of the book is excellent as always. Not much of a read as a stand alone volume, but works much better as a transition piece of work.
Stefan
Jan 31, 2011 rated it liked it
A nice story progression of the ever evolving Corps and the growing emotional spectrum. SotSS shows the growth of the Star Sapphires using the violet light of love and the Guardians unease to this growth of emotion. Another focus of this book is the Sinestro Corps' continuing mission to spread fear through the Green Lantern Corps and the universe at large, this time through targeting the families and loved ones of Corps members.
Kyle
Sep 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: dcu
The indoctrination of the third new law from the Guardians; the enlisting of Miri into the Star Sapphire corps; the opening of Warriors pub and restaurant. The real star of this volume is Kryb, a sadistic and evil, baby-stealing nightmare... She is truly, truly horrifying. Some excellent philosophical dialogue from Tomasi about love and duty and the differences between will and passion; unfortunately, the artwork and story boarding is nothing spectacular. 3.5/5
Mouse
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I actually read this several years back when it first came out in trade but I recently found it at my local library and reread it. I'm so biased cause I love anything Lantern related! Gardner, Rayner, Kilowog, I enjoy reading about all those guys and even the less known Lanterns.
The Violet Lanterns are the ones I care the least about but this was a cool story! The main story here involves the Zamarons and the Guardians of Oa! Lots of other subplots going on as well!
Amauri
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Read this after completing the Blackest Night and lead up arcs, if you're still searching for more. This doesn't contain all the answers I'd like, but adds some pieces to the background puzzle as regards the emergence of all these new corps. Stand alone it isn't particularly interesting.
Ruth
I'd wanted to know more about the Star Sapphire and this helepd but it wasn't as good a story as I'd hoped.
John Yelverton
Aug 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Yet another great book to add to this great book series and all it's adventures.
Stephen
Oct 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
This would have been only a 3 star if not for the Empty-Handed Heart part 2. Kryb is a great villain - chilling story and great artwork. Also a sense of tension building up to Blackest Night.
Nicolas
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
We discussed this series in our Green Lantern spotlight over on the All the Books Show: https://soundcloud.com/allthebooks/ep... ...more
Eric Mikols
Feb 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: green-lantern
Creepy but still good. I really enjoy reading about the corps, it has that cool team element I like in my super hero comics.
Jessie Radford
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Interesting as far as green lantern comics go. I never was a green lantern before and I honestly started reading them because it was something new at my local library. But over all pretty good.

• Green Lantern, Volume 8: Agent Orange
  • Brightest Day, Vol. 1
  • Green Lantern: Tales of the Sinestro Corps
  • Green Lantern, Volume 4: The Sinestro Corps War, Volume 1
  • Green Lantern, Volume 10: Brightest Day
Peter J. Tomasi is an American comic book writer, best known for his work for DC Comics, such as Batman And Robin; Superman; Super Sons; Batman: Detective Comics; Green Lantern Corps; and Superman/Wonder Woman; as well as Batman: Arkham Knight; Brightest Day; Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors; Nightwing; Black Adam, and many more.

In the course of his staff career at DC Comics, Tomasi served as a gro

Green Lantern Corps (2006) (9 books)
  • Green Lantern Corps, Volume 1: To Be a Lantern