Start by marking “Pyramid Power (Pyramid, #2)” as Want to Read:
Pyramid Power (Pyramid, #2)

Pyramid Power (Pyramid #2)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  462 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
In this sequel to Pyramid Scheme, a V.I.P. who knows too many state secrets has been left behind in the world of Greek mythology. Survivors of the first excursion into the pyramids worlds must either bring back the V.I.P. or terminate him.
Published August 7th 2007 by Baen Books (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Pyramid Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pyramid Power

Debrac2014
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this version of the Norse myths! Good read!
Jim
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Product Description

The Pyramid is baacckk! Well, actually, it never went away—but it had seemed to be inactive, still sitting in the middle of Chicago but no longer growing and wiping out buildings as it grew. The Krin device would have been thwarted, if things had been left as they were—but a V.I.P., who knows too many state secrets to be allowed to be missing, was left behind in the world of Greek mythology. So a power-mad Washington bureaucrat has press-ganged several of the survivors of

Kevin Lanahan
This second book in the series is less fun than the first.

First, it involves Norse mythology. I'm not as familiar with this as I am with Greek/Roman mythology, so, once they got past Odin, Thor and Loki, the names just jumbled together. The authors crammed too many characters into the book, and too many of the pantheon of gods sound so similar as to make it difficult to keep them separate.

Second, the subplot seems a heavy-handed criticism of Homeland Security, an overzealous government reactio
Andreas
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
The sequel to Pyramid Scheme takes place shortly after the first book. Our heroes are adapting to life on Earth, or back on Earth as the case may be, when agents from the newly constituted Pyramid Security Agency (PSA) decide to start operations in the mythworlds. Needless to say, things quickly go awry. The PSA embodies all the worst about hastily created government agencies, and is a clear reference to the Homeland Security Agency as a kneejerk reaction to 9/11. Our heroes find themselves not ...more
Ron
Mar 27, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A power-mad bureaucrat manages to send a team into the Krim pyramid to rescue a lost official. The problems escalate when they try to get survivors of the first adventure to return to Myth-Greece with them. The wrong survivors accompanied the partial team, but they landed in Norse mythland rather than Greece. No our intrepid band of punsters have to figure out how to survive Ragnarok, defeat Odin, get Thor to stop drinking, reform Loki, and get home. Plenty of adventure, strong characters, and i ...more
Lisa Crossman
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
I didnt finish this book. I got this from library to discover a new author. I hadnt realised this was book two in a series so found it difficult to determine some characters and some storyline. It was enjoyable in parts but their was lots of mythology references which made it hard to follow. It wasnt until I was half way through I realised there was a glossary but id lost heart at that point to keep reading.
Rachael Wiggins
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved this one. The only problem I had was I picked it up at random, and didn't realize it was the second book. It took a bit of getting used to because in the beginning I was frustratingly out of the loop, but I really enjoyed it anyway and would definitely pursue the series. Somewhere between a fluff book and a meaty one, I feel like I stumbled on a gem.
Paul Kemner
Mar 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Mythology fans
Shelves: sf-and-fantasy
More mythological fun, this time with Norse gods, continuing Pyramid Scheme.
Mary
Apr 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
silly fun
Ellen
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Disappointing. Not nearly as good as the first book. Too many Norse god-sized plot holes. Story: 2 stars. Appendix explaining who all the Norse mythological character were: 4 stars.
Long
May 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I laughed out loud a lot while reading this book. It's silly, fun, and hilarious.
colleen
Dec 08, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: scpl, fantasy, 2007
read 12.08.07
Pyramid series book 2. Americans take on the Norse mythworld.
Josh
Matthew Whitney
Jun 10, 2014
Dan Jackson
Aug 25, 2012
  • Pyramid Scheme (Pyramid, #1)
  • The Warmasters
  • Much Fall of Blood (Heirs of Alexandria, #3)
  • Witch Way to the Mall
  • The Prince (Falkenberg's Legion #1-4)
  • Fluff Dragon
  • Attack the Geek (Ree Reyes, #2.5)
  • Von Neumann's War
  • A Plague of Demons & Other Stories
  • A Logic Named Joe
Eric Flint is a New York Times bestselling American author, editor, and e-publisher. The majority of his main works are alternate history science fiction, but he also writes humorous fantasy adventures.
More about Eric Flint...

Pyramid (2 books)
  • Pyramid Scheme (Pyramid, #1)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Perfected (Perfected #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
  • Tales of the Hidden World
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)