Start by marking “Defending Pierce” as Want to Read:

(Iron Mountain #2)

Defending Pierce Blurb
After a devastating turn of events throws Pierce’s intentions into question and leaves Tova’s life hanging in the balance.
Following a fatal attack by the Savages, in an attempt to catch the person(s) who is attempting to hurt Tova and her now her friends, leaves the two guilty culprits dead.
Now, as struggling Tova fights to stay alive and Pierce face
Published (first published April 2nd 2021)

To ask other readers questions about Defending Pierce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defending Pierce

Start your review of Defending Pierce
Gill D. Anderson
Mar 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wilder's second book of the Iron Mountain series was every bit as wonderful as the first! The jam packed action scenes propel the story forward and the imagination used with creating the animals was impressive. Pierce's and Tova's love affair ramps up, and the couple are depicted as a healthy combination of a strong female and supportive male which makes for an equal relationship. A great YA fantasy novel - well done! ...more
Carmela Dutra
May 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
Defending Pierce is the second installment of Wilder's Iron Mountain Series. Defending Pierce picks up in the aftermath of Protecting Tova and immediately draws you with the realistic struggles of recovery after a battle. There is love, suspense, passion, and danger. Woven throughout the story. Wilder created some really well-written action scenes that are dripping with anticipation. Defending Pierce completes the storyline between Pierce and Tova and leaves off with Dani-Joe’s story ready to pi ...more
Shanna Swenson
May 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Romance, action, adventure!

Gripping sequel to Protecting Tova. If you loved Tova and Pierce in book 1, you'll swoon for book 2.

The pacing was a little slower, more romance in the beginning, but I enjoyed all the backstory and suspense.
karmaleavesnone
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Book : Defending Pierce
Version : Kindle
Author : Havana Wilder
Rating : 4.8/5💫

This book is the part 2 of the series with regard to Iron Mountain, the parallel universe beyond the earth that has to be protected from the attacks as well from the effects of dust ( residue of the elements that destroyed the people several hundred years ago). We have protectors whose job is to protect the iron mountain. The first book is about protecting the female protagonist Tova.
Here the book begins with a breat
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
DEFENDING PIERCE is the second book in the Iron Mountain series and it continues where we left off. As such, you really need to read this as a series rather than a set of standalones.

I loved book one and couldn't wait to read this one. I think I'm in the minority though that, by the end, I preferred book one to this one. Pierce and Tova are still a fantastic couple, working hard for the life they want, and prepared to both accept help and also give help to others in order to achieve it.

In follow
Tanya
May 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced copy of this and I am leaving this review honestly.

I love that this book started precisely where the other 1st book Protecting Tova left off. We are still in a dual point of view, jumping between Tova and Pierce. The characters for the 1st book are still the main characters in this book which I absolutely love. Tova is getting better slowly, and of course, something crazy has to happen. But, it can't all be roses and sweet romance. This book's conflict is not one I saw co
Natasha Stone
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Defending Pierce

Highlights for me were the Author's representation of romance through the playfully sarcastic heroine. I thought the writer was exceptionally gifted in showing us numerous examples of the kindness and sensitivity exchanged between Pierce and Tova.

This is the best kind of literature for young adults to be exposed to.

The dialogue in the betrothal ceremony between Tova and Pierce, two warriors who are both strong and protective of each other, was very emotive and highly touching. "
Sarah Hill
Mar 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Defending Pierce, the second installment of Wilder's Iron Mountain Series was another one of heart pumping suspense. Pierce and Tova take their relationship to the next level, which level? You'll have to read to find out. Dani-Jo has fast become my favorite character and I most enjoyed the slow-burn romance growing between herself and Kage. I am looking forward to reading more about them in book 3, fingers crossed. I am a huge animal lover and loved, loved the cool animals and how they were work ...more
Kindlefan20
May 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
I REALLY enjoyed this one!! It was difficult to put down because I just wanted to know what was coming next! I really appreciated the detail in Tova's recovery. It felt realistic, like I was standing in the room next to Pierce rather than a fade to black or being quickly glossed over. It really invoked the emotions. It was nice to see their relationship grow and have a stronger foundation than instant chemistry. The mutual respect they have for one another is very refreshing and SO romantic! I'm ...more
Mathew Joben  Thomas
Mar 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book is more focused on the relationship between the main characters, highlighting the romance elements of the story. We get to see how Tova and Pierce faces all the grave dangers in their lives together and how much they have grown, both as a couple and as individuals, since the last time we met them. There's some really well written action oozing with suspense and thrill, every now and then. Fantasy elements are good but I expected more. In short, if book 1 was Action-Fantasy, book 2 is R ...more
Torri Heat
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was so thrilled to ARC read for Havana Wilder again in her second book of the Iron Mountain series and I was not disappointed! The intensity was amped up, the action was huge, and those animals were SO COOL. Easily one of my favourite parts. We also get a bit more into Pierce's and Tova's love story in this sequel, which was so nice and heartwarming to read about. Tova is a strong female character, which I love, but I also love how Pierce just lets her be herself. The whole group of friends is ...more
Janelle
Apr 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021
While I enjoyed reading the first book, the continuation of Tova and Pierce’s story was even more enjoyable. Struggling to just love each other and enjoy that love while an evil plot looms over all of their heads, provides a compelling conflict and the reader wants to know what will happen. I thoroughly enjoy the fact that ALL THE FEMALE characters in this book are strong, capable women in their right (and area of expertise) It was refreshing to see them right in the middle of all the action, no ...more
Kashya
May 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant follow up to Protecting Tova. I liked the character development in this book and how we learned more about the senior members of the community.

It was nice to see the relationships expand between Dani Jo and Kage and also the progression between Tova and Pierce.

Emerys was a very intriguing character. Just like her dad, she certainly had some tricks up her sleeve and it was very interesting to see what her powers were and how she used them.

I'm looking forward to Restoring Dani Jo
Rebecca Lange
Apr 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Just like the first one, the story reels you in and keeps you captivated. New relationships develop and new characters are introduced. Tova and Pierce are just a match-made in heaven. Tova is one tough cookie and a stubborn one at that. I love how the male characters acknowledge the strength and capabilities of the girls, but they are still protective of them. The romance parts are a bit steamy but not too extreme. I can’t wait for the third book to be released. 😬
Carmen
Jun 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

What a wonderful book!!! It fulfilled all the "feels" from laughing to crying. I have even written down two quotes from this book which really spoke to me: **Remove myself from fights that will never be resolved, and **Never try to please people who don't value my worth!! I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to the next in this series!
Havana Wilder
May 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Highly recommended. The battles, the struggles, the angst will pull at your heart strings. The relationship grows for Tova and Pierce by leaps and bounds in this book and leaves you Cheering for them the entire way. It also leads into the slow burn relationship between Dani Jo and Kage.
Tracy
Jun 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It has been fun following the growing relationship between Tova and Pierce, as well as certain other couples in their peer group, as they tackle issues that threaten the community. Themes of teamwork, friendship, and self-reliance run throughout, creating a positive message. Looking forward to the next book in the series!
Amanda M.  Olenick
May 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic read! Defending Pierce starts up not long after Protecting Tova left off. Certain parts had me on the edge of my seat while others literally had me in tears. Havana did another fantastic job!! I highly recommend this series!! Can’t wait to see where book 3 takes us.
Marianne
May 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story! Really liked it! Fast-paced and exciting.. I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
DLV
Apr 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
GREAT book!!
Great characters and Great story!!!!
Rachel Joi Maples
Jun 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
love this series!!
Cheryl
May 03, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good read. I liked the first one much better. Tova and Pierce are a power couple, love the setting, the back story, the relationship between friends and the animal descriptions. I hope there are more to come in the future with DJ and Kage. The way this dynamic is set up there could be a great series in the making with each couple. The spelling and grammar took away from the book, which is one of my biggest pet peeves, however; I am sure this is still under editing review.
Natasha Abernathy
Apr 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I just started reading Defending Pierce and so far I’m in love! Havana sure knows how to make her readers happy!!! I can’t wait to finish reading it, so that I could write a more I depth review!!
Shawna A
Amit Kumar
May 23, 2021

• A Kept Heart
  • Mr. Smithfield
  • When You Got A Good Thing (Misfit Inn, #1)
  • I Bite She Sucks
  • Tales of Elhaanai
  • Through the Lens (Bay Area Duet #1; Click Duet #1)
  • Brutal Captor V: Russian Mafia Arranged Marriage Romance
  • Believing In Fate : Morelli Mafia Series
  • The Sanatorium
  • Deadly Temptations
  • Tainted Love: The Complete Trilogy
  • Luna's Prophecy
  • The Chosen Girl
  • You Let Me Go
  • Redemption (The Salvation Society)
  • Joy & Hope
  • Between Two Worlds: a New Beginnings novel
  • Clippings (Chronicle of a Serial Killer)

Iron Mountain (2 books)