Start by marking “Mystic Invisible” as Want to Read:
Mystic Invisible

Mystic Invisible

Fifteen-year-old Monte moves to the mystically jeopardized Highlands of Scotland and discovers that life as a Celtic wizard is anything but easy. Whisperings of abnormal enchantments and vicious cat siths grip the small town he now calls home. Fear is at the helm and the instigator is unknown. An indefinite moratorium on magic is enforced. In a race against darkness, Monte ...more
Published March 17th 2021 by Winter Goose Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mystic Invisible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mystic Invisible

Start your review of Mystic Invisible
McKelle George
Mar 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
With flavors of modern folklore and old-world chivalry, Mystic Invisible is a riotously-paced adventure with a hip edge. Monte Darrow as our hero was both endearing and witty, and felt almost like a Scottish Percy Jackson. Highly recommend to any teen wanting a taste of magic, heroism, and electrifying action sequences.
May
Mar 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Magic wands, flying broomstick and transfiguration all set in the Scottish Highlands! Yes, please! Harry Potter who? I'd rather be a Mystic than a Norm at this point. The book cleverly weaved magic folklore with modern day times. The hero, Monte Darrow was a favorite, as he wasn't painted as the typical awkward and annoying teen, but intelligent and thoughtful. The story started out slowly as the characters were introduced, but quickly unraveled an exciting plot as Monte and his friends battle e ...more
Kimberlea Joss
Mar 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Isn’t it just great when you find one of those books that completely drags you in, makes you fall in love with the characters, and demands that you sit on the edge of your seat for every nail-biting moment? This is one of those books.

You are whisked away into the Scottish Highlands and hooked on every adventure Monte and his family of mystics experience.

This book has it all magic, mystery, suspense, folklore, humour with twists and turns on each and every escapade that keeps you on the edge of
Victoria Clancy
Mar 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I have loved reading all different kinds books since I was young. I know its going to be good when it only takes a couple of days to read from start to finish. Mystic Invisible drew me in from the first Chapter and didn't let me go until the last. I always knew Scotland was a beautiful country but the author made Scotland sound even more magical, funny and full of adventure that I was able to picture myself there and didn't want to leave that world anytime soon. I loved all the characters althou ...more
Sublime Book Review
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating = 5

Storyline & Concept = 5
Writing & Delivery = 5
Editorial = 5

In Mystic Invisible, fifteen-year-old Monte Darrow moves with his mystical family to the Highlands of Scotland, where his parents have been tasked with ridding the area of vicious cat siths and the mastermind behind them. Monte, his family, and his newfound friends are forced to fit into a world where a moratorium on magic is enforced, but danger and betrayal is around every corner.

This novel is perfect in every sense. T
Ryder Hunte Clancy
Mar 09, 2021 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorites
As the author of this book, it's safe to say that I HAVE READ IT! Over and over again, at that. Probably two hundred and seven times, but who's counting?

Set in the Highlands of Scotland, Mystic Invisible is full of magic, adventure, mystery, and a touch of angst. I truly hope that my readers have as much fun consuming it as I did writing it.

If you like to read about any or all of the following, then this book is for you:

- Magical Realism
- Coming of age tales
- Contemporary legend and folklore
- A
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Mar 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
From the shores of Salem Massachusetts to the rugged Scottish Highlands "Mystic Invisible" is an adventure that is fun to read.

Anyone who is a fan of magical beings that are fighting against evil forces will love this book. It is set as a Middle Grade to YA story that I found intriguing with a lot to offer.

Monte and his family move to Scotland so his parents can investigate new Sith Panthers who are terrorizing the mountains and countryside. Monte is quickly pulled into the happenings because he
Joselyn  Moreno Burke
Mar 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
I did receive an arc copy for an honest review.

This one caught my eye pretty quickly it sounded so interesting.

It was super fun, poor Monte was living the dream and the nightmares all in one in thisnone, but he did find very cool allies in this drama.

It was sometimes a little bit difficult with the scottish brogue here and there, but I did learn some things so it was okay.

A thing that actually was super nice for me was the inclusion of other type of. mythology here, I was so eager to know more o
Angie Fenimore
Mar 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Mystic Invisible is a delightful read. With characters that will leave their mark on your heart, page-turning adventure and suspense, and laugh-out-loud gladdening moments–all set against the mysterious Highlands of Scotland–Mystic Invisible is a charmer for every reader who is prone to curl up by the fire with a great story and read through the wee hours until dawn.
Stephanie

• Replaced Parts
  • Celtic Mythology: A Concise Guide to the Gods, Sagas and Beliefs
  • The Eleventh Hour
  • The Neil Gaiman at the End of the Universe
  • Relentless Trilogy (Relentless, #1-3)
  • My Dear Miss Dupré (American Royalty, #1)
  • The Mystwick School of Musicraft
  • Waiting for Robert Capa
  • Unsympathetic Victims, a legal thriller (Ashley Montgomery book 1)
  • Star Chaser
  • Shadows (Second Son Chronicles Book 5)
  • Her Lady's Whims and Fancies  (Lords for the Sisters of Sussex #3)
  • On Traigh Lar Beach
  • Payback Jack
  • An Earl for Edith (A Wary Widower Romance #1)
  • For Whom the Bell Tolls
  • One Kingdom Under Heaven
  • Whitecaps on the Lake
Ryder Hunte Clancy has lived most of her life in the desert but her heart belongs to the sea; her happy place, where brine and mist abound and allusive waves caress expansive stretches of compacted sand. A tried and true stay-at-home mom, she has just as much trouble keeping up with her fictional, teenage characters as she does her three small children.

News & Interviews