Start by marking “Bombshells” as Want to Read:
Bombshells

Bombshells

(Brooklyn Bruisers #8)

The women's league is in the house! And Brooklyn will never be the same again for Anton Bayer and the team…

This is my last chance to ditch my playboy reputation and finally fulfill my potential. So I’ve made three rules for our biggest season yet: no boozing, no women, and no scandals.

Especially that last thing.

So who do I befriend on the very first day back at the rin
Published April 13th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Bombshells, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bombshells

Start your review of Bombshells
Leticia (jerseygirl)
"'But if you’re awake, I’d like to be, too. Wherever you are, that’s where I’d like to be.'"
YES! Sarina Bowen does it again for me! This is sweet, kind of slow-burn, with a hot, sometimes cheesy hockey defenseman and an awesome, strong hockey goalie. The fact that Anton and Sylvie are both players just added to the story for me.

"I’m ready for him to take me completely apart. And I doubt I’ll ever want to be put back together again."
Seriously, what's not to like about Anton? I love that he's chee
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sarina Bowen Fan, Hockey, Romance
4.5 Bombbruiser For The Win Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free-A Quick Review
I was overjoyed to know another Brooklyn Series was coming and we had an inkling it was going to be about the Women's Hockey team. How terrific and current is that. I would expect nothing less from Sarina Bowen and her ability to educate readers about all types of hockey and their players.

Side Note: Sarina Bowen never fails to use these types of tales to explain rules, salary caps, regulations, and the way the game is playe
Stacey is Sassy
Baby’s all grown up…

***4.5 stars***

It was an absolute pleasure reading Bombshells. There are not too many times that I finish a sports romance where I admire the hero for his maturity. In this case, Anton ‘Baby’ Bayer had made some bad decisions that left him red-faced and put his career in jeopardy. Anton decided to take a step back from his partying ways and get his life and career back on track. How cool is that? A hero who recognises his good fortune and decides to work hard to earn the exor
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

NARRATORS: Patrick Zeller, Desiree Ketchum
LENGTH: 8 hrs and 13 mins
RATING: 4.5 STARS
CLIFFHANGER: No

Sarina Bowen delivers reliably without failure. Pick any of her books and you'll have a good time. BOMBSHELLS, the next in the Brooklyn Bruisers series, introduces Rebecca Kattenberger's female team.

The first of the Bombshells who gets
ItaPixie
Mar 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars

I’ve read this book too quickly because it was amazing.

I loved to see a professional women hockey team take form, and even if the unequal treatment between the women league and the men league is appalling I’m so proud of these women who keep their dreams and still enjoy to play this sport.

Anton Bayer decided that this is his season to shine. He won’t do anything to jeopardize his career once again, he will stay away from alcohol, women and scandals, but he couldn’t imagine to be bewitched by a

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description
description

Anton + Sylvie

We obviously all remember Baby Bayer!
Booze, pranks and women. Those were his true loves next to hockey these last couple years. But he has to concentrate on hockey only this season - or else!
Enter Sylvie.
She's a goalie for the new Brooklyn women's team.
And poor Anton is smitten at first sight.
But Sylvie has kinda been in love with one of his teammates since she was 15.

She's not available and he's not doing anything other than hockey this year. Should be easy, right?

LET THE FUN TIME
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shelly, ratula
AHHHH!! Anyone that knows me knows that Sarina Bowen and her Brooklyn Bruisers hockey series is probably the only sports romance series that I am consumed by. The Bruisers frankly are my heart's true love where sports romance is concerned. I am absolutely OBSESSED with the banter, locker room bromances and just the butterfly-inducing swoonfests that are her love stories!! Sylvie and Anton were no exception! I loved their story so so much!

That's it folks! Anton Bayer may be the Brooklyn Bruiser t
Carole (Carole's Random Life)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I had a great time with this book! I admit that I am a huge fan of Sarina Bowen's work so I couldn't wait to dive into this book. There is just something about the way that this author tells a story that leaves me feeling all warm and gooey inside. This book was no exception. I was totally hooked by this romance and couldn't get enough of Anton and Sylvie.

Anton Bayer decides to clean up his act after having a rough season the previou
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Audiobook Review

Sarina Bowen delivers another hit in her long-running Brooklyn Bruisers/Brooklyn series. Bombshells spins something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue into a delightful sports romance.

Something old: Eight or so standalone stories into the series and I’m still in love with my Brooklyn Bruisers pro hockey team. What a colorful cast of characters. Their significant others are just as wonderful—if not more—and I was happy to steal another moment with them. We
maggieandteddy
Mar 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brooklyn, hockey
I loved this from the first word. I love that the title is referring to a women's ice hockey team.
I was all in for this book. I love Anton and Sylvie's first meeting. I guess it's a meet cute. Their inner monologues reveal strong attraction. Sylvie has been around hockey her whole life. She's had a crush on a family friend who happens to be Anton's teammate, Bryce.
This is no love triangle. Anton is determined to change his womanizing ways. He vows to take his hockey career seriously.
I loved th
Jessica Alcazar
To say that I enjoyed this story would be an understatement of epic proportions. I can’t say that it was perfect because if I’m being honest, Sylvie could have figured out what we all figured out waaaaay early in the story, a bit faster lol, but a story is more than just its plot points. It’s an overall feeling you get when you read it. This story made me happy. Anton made me happy. Sylvie made me happy. The story had a mature tone to it from beginning to end. It was focused and well plotted. Th ...more
Paige Nicole
3.5 stars rounded up.

Not my favorite Sarina Bowen book, but not bad by any stretch of the imagination.

There was a brief section where Anton talked about how he felt like his dad’s second choice and his team’s second choice, so he didn’t want to be a girl’s second choice. That section worked really well, and provided so much insight into his character. But then that is completely disregarded for the rest of the book and he ends up as her second choice regardless.

I think that’s the biggest probl
Stephanie
I’ve been in a little bit of a book funk lately and let me tell you, Bombshells was the perfect book to blast that funk right out!! I have been a fan of Sarina Bowen’s books for years, but this is one of my favorite of all her hockey books.

Bombshells introduces the female hockey team in Brooklyn. I can already tell we are going to have some great stories from these ladies. But in this one Sylvie, the backup goalie takes center stage. I enjoyed Sylvie a lot.

Now let’s talk about Anton “Baby Baye
Kim
Mar 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
Anton Bayer, also nicknamed Baby Bayer, is back on the Bruisers lineup after sending a summer down in the minors. He has learned his lesson that alcohol, women, and partying do not help your hockey career flourish, so he is determined to stay focused and avoid vices, scandals, and distractions.

Of course the first practice, he says a goalie that turns his head. A new bombshell, Sylvie. The goalie of the new pro woman's team, The Bombshells. She comes to Brooklyn from Canada and is excit
Shannon
Baby Bayer is adorable and I want one for myself.

But I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I can't really recall Anton from the previous books! Don't let him hear that though, I wouldn't want him getting a complex or anything.

Not only were Anton and Sylvie really cute together, their chemistry was hot.
But I appreciated how concerned Anton was with stepping on Bryce's toes, and that he was willing to move himself into the friend zone because he didn't want to get in the middle of whatever Bryce
Books I Flove
Apr 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE ANTON!!!

Anton Bayer, Baby Bayer as he’s called, needs to clean up his act to stay on the team, and let party and women be 😏
So this is his goal this season. Staying focused. No distraction needed!
But here comes Sylvie! New member of the Bombshells, the professional women’s hockey team and the Bruiser’s organization! And it turns out, Sylvie has a history with one of Anton’s teammates!

Omg, I absolutely love how Sylvie and Anton become friends! Slowly, but steadily. And how they try to igno
Leah of Crazy Reader Chicks
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This has been a hard reading year for me. I’ve been generally unmotivated to start new books, but I requested an arc of Bombshells because duh, it’s Sarina. I told myself to just read the first page and if I didn’t feeling like reading I would try again the next day because reading slumps are real folks. Well I am here to report that one page was not enough! I ended up reading half the book before taking a break! I didn’t want to put it down and was reminded why I love, love, love to read. This ...more
amanda
Apr 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-2021
“You’re doing it,” she whispers.
“Hmm?” I ask, my voice too thick to speak.
“You’re looking at me the way a man is supposed to look at a woman.”

“She’s exciting to me on so many levels. In my whole life I’ve never gotten turned on by somebody’s hockey skills. But I guess there’s a first time for everything.”

I absolutely loved this book!!!! For so long I’ve been wanting to read a hockey romance book where the main female character was a hockey player and this was everything I could’ve hoped fo
Carmen Rae
I've learnt from my recent rookie school holiday mistakes and waited for the kids to crash before I picked this up. So now I'm just wickedly sleep deprived because no way could I put a Sarina Bowen book down. Especially since it feels like it's been forever since we have caught up with the Brooklyn Bruisers. And now we have the Bombshells, and I am so there for it.

I love the fact that we have added a women's team to the franchise. I can't wait until it's mainstream but for now I'll bask in the g
Ilaika (Ellie) Elise
Apr 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Anton ‘Baby’ Bayer has 3 new rules in order to fulfill his potential as a hockey player and he’ll do just about anything to stay focus. But during his first day back he meets someone who definitely captures his attention.

Sylvie gets the opportunity of her life by becoming part of the women’s hockey team, the Bombshells. It also doesn’t hurt that the team is set in Brooklyn, where someone whom she really cares about also lives.

Aside from their love for hockey, these two have one thing in common,
Melinda
Apr 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Bombshells by Sarina Bowen

The Bruisers and the Bombshells meet in this next book of the Brooklyn Bruisers and feature Baby Bayer and Sylvie! The Bombshells is the newly formed female hockey team where Sylvia is the backup goalkeeper. It’s instant attraction for both of them but Anton is on the straight and narrow (no distractions whatsoever!) while Sylvie thinks she’s in love with someone else. Keeping all of this in mind, Anton and Sylvie strike up a friendship first and foremost.

I enjoyed ex
Meegz Reads
Apr 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
*5 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

Yesssss, I really loved getting back into this world! The Bruisers and The Bombshells were so much fun, and I'm really looking forward to more.

Anton and Sylvie were both great characters that I found easy to like. Sylvie needed to sort out her past a bit, but for the most part she was great. Anton has his own personal issues which are largely because of a certain family member, who, I really really did not like when they appeared.

A
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: This review is for an ARC and is my unbiased opinion.

Bombshells is one of the books I've been looking forward to the most for the spring of 2021. I am happy to report it was everything I could have wanted it to be. This time around it's "Baby Bayer" who meets his match. In case you're trying to remember who "Baby Bayer" is, it's Anton Bayer. He's related to retired player Eric Bayer (Moonlighter).

Anton is a player who has had some ups and downs in his short
Victoria’s Bookish Loves
Mar 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
I am so thankful to have received an advanced listening copy of Bombshells in exchange for an honest review.

I am a huge fan of Sarina Bowen’s. I have read all but two of her books and was very highly anticipating the new Brooklyn series book. I was excited to learn that Bombshells was not only Anton Bayer’s book also known as Baby Bayer, cousin of retired player Eric Bayer from Moonlighter but also included the introduction of the women’s hockey team that has been teased since Brooklynaire.

Thi
Kimberly Lund
Mar 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun read! Lots of new secondary characters introduced and a whole new world of women’s hockey. Anton and Sylvie had great chemistry from the start and the plot was well paced. This book was light and fun and what I needed right now.
Michella
Mar 26, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one! Anton and Sylvia have fantastic banter and sizzling chemistry. Throw in a forbidden element and you’ll be hooked until the end. Definitely worth the read. Can be read as a standalone but so much better if you’ve read the series.
xxBooksILovexx
Mar 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I always get excited when Sarina Bowen releases a new book! Bombshells did not disappoint. Another excellent addition to the Brooklyn Bruisers world. Loved Sylvie & Anton Baby Bayer's story! Excellent Narration by Desiree Ketchum & Patrick Zeller. ...more
Claudia Fosca Stahl
Bombshells is hockey romance at its finest. It has everything you want in a sports romance, and nobody writes hockey romance the way Sarina Bowen does. It’s her super power. And with the introduction of Bombshells, Brooklyn’s women’s pro hockey team, she took her game to another level. Bombshells is simply unputdownable.

‘I really hadn’t anticipated that my brain could be stolen by the goalie on day one.’

Bombshells is Anton Bayer’s story. He’s a charming, fun-loving guy who’s determined to make s
AJ
5 stars

OMG, I love this book! I was so happy to be back in the Brooklyn Bruisers world, I loved the introduction to the Brooklyn Bombshells women’s team, and Anton Bayer proved to be a sensational romantic hero in this funny, sweet and sexy friends-to-lovers romance that is full of banter and chemistry, and completely captured my heart!

Anton Bayer (aka ‘Baby Bayer’) is the younger cousin of Eric (previous Bruisers player and hero of series spin-off Moonlighter), and has been a background player
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Bombshells introduces the women's hockey team (aka Bombshells) and finally gives us Baby Bayer's HEA! I have loved Anton (Baby Bayer) since his intro in the series-he was the young, foolish rogue of a teammate.

Anton has decided it's time to clean up his act so he is going to focus on hockey this season and less on booze and women. Of course, this becomes impossible when he hooks up with Sylvie!

Ok, first let me talk about the "love triangle". I loathe that, but Bombshells isn't a love trian
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Play Book Tag: Bombshells by Sarina Bowen - 4 stars 1 4 21 hours, 42 min ago

• Holdout (Moo U #3)
  • Slapshot (Moo U #2)
  • Heartscape (Vino & Veritas, #2)
  • Blindsided (Moo U, #1)
  • Featherbed (Vino & Veritas, #1)
  • Aftermath (Vino & Veritas, #5)
  • Headstrong (Vino & Veritas, #3)
  • Sweetheart (Busy Bean, #1)
  • Undercover (Vino & Veritas, #4)
  • Booklover (Vino & Veritas, #6)
  • Hideaway (Vino & Veritas, #8)
  • Cowboy (Busy Bean, #2)
  • Earn Your Extra Credit
  • Flipcup (Vino & Veritas, #7)
  • Replay
  • Mr. Smithfield
  • Gametime (Moo U, #4)
  • I Pucking Love You (The Copper Valley Thrusters #5)
sarina bowen
Sarina Bowen is the sixteen-time USA Today bestselling author of three dozen books, including: the True North series, and the Brooklyn Bruisers. She's the co-author of Him/Us and the WAGs series with Elle Kennedy. She's the author of The Ivy Years series, and more!
Are you looking for a friends-to-lovers story or maybe even a secret baby book? You can read a list of Sarina's books broken out by

Brooklyn Bruisers (9 books)
  • Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers, #1)
  • Hard Hitter (Brooklyn Bruisers, #2)
  • Pipe Dreams (Brooklyn Bruisers, #3)
  • Brooklynaire (Brooklyn, #1)
  • Overnight Sensation (Brooklyn, #2)
  • Superfan (Brooklyn, #3)
  • Sure Shot (Brooklyn #4)
  • Shenanigans