Start by marking “Miss Treated” as Want to Read:
Miss Treated

Miss Treated

(Miss #6)

Dominic Chambers is the most charming man I’ve ever met – and he’s the son of my new boss.

He may cause my heart skip a beat, but the last thing I need is a relationship with the playboy who runs the company.  After a disastrous breakup, I’m committed to focusing on my year of self-healing.

I’ve kept my emotional distance from him, until an unexpected evening brings us clo
Kindle Edition
Published December 17th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Miss Treated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Treated

Start your review of Miss Treated
Stacey
Getting her power back, and finding his worth…

Geez, life is complicated, hard and challenging. It’s only now that I’m heading towards the big 5 – 0 that I’m realising that there is one rule I live by.
****FIND YOUR HAPPY PLACE****

I had grand plans to write a review about facing demons, knowing your own worth, and not letting others' negativity bring you down, but seriously, Miss Treated is all about moving forward. Sure, there were stumbling blocks, uncertainties, and douchewaffles t
Lori R.
Dec 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this so much!!

I don’t think I’ll be able to express properly how much I loved this book and how it made me feel.

So. Many. Emotions!! Nic and Kelsey stole my heart.

Dominic (Nic) Chambers…arrogant and cocky but OMGoodness, the heart on that man!! Not an asshole-ish bone in his body. He’s kind and generous and yes, super flirty, but he’s got a heart of gold the size of Texas.

Kelsey was dealt a shitty hand in life with a mother who’s a manipulative narcissist and a father who didn’t give he
Kelly G (Now Accepting Book Boyfriend Applications)
✨A TOP READ OF 2021✨

OH THE FEELS! And a super high swoon factor! Dominic Chambers is super cocky without being a douche! He is freaking wonderful! I am not sure how the heck Aubrey does it.... but she has me wanting to claim 80% on he men she writes as my own! And he is JUST the kind of man that Kelsey needs! She managed to come into his life at just the right time. The angst is mild..... when the heartbreak moment happened.... my heart did a bit of a dip into my stomach. Kelsey is one of the st
Red Cheeks Reads
Dec 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5 SMOOCHES!

I love Aubrey Bondurant’s books, and I’ve read them all. She describes her writing style as adult contemporary erotic romantic comedy—I like to call it smutty chick-lit—but whatever she calls it, you can count on an engaging, smart and witty story. She always pulls me right in with vivid details and relatable characters and a sexy, consuming love story. If you haven’t read Aubrey Bondurant’s books yet, you’re seriously missing out. She’s a not-to-be-missed indie author that contempora
Angie
Jul 19, 2022 rated it it was amazing
So much YASSS BITCH.
I felt for Kelsey. It wasn’t the absolute worst life but she had no one in her corner for a long time (maybe Chase but he also had his own stuff going on). Surrounded by toxic and unhealthy relationships - an exfiance who would emotionally abuse her as well as a toxic mother. She went through a lot of hardship and is finally working on standing on her own two feet, happily.
Dominic was an absolute dream and the perfect man for her. He had a tough time as a kid but became such
Liz
Our lovely heroine (Chance's sister from a previous book) has gotten a job with a family business to help ferret out some accounting issues (think embezzlement). She's taken with the COO (the son of the owner), who is equally taken with her.

This is labeled as opposites attract, but I didn't see that at all. I immediately recognized the family issues/similarities.

Another good one from this author.
Tammy
Jan 06, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This was truly an enjoyable read - I loved the story between Kelsey and Dominic.
The story wasn't something I expected, but I thoroughly enjoyed.
He helped her through her past history with her awful Mother and her crappy ex Joel - YUCK!!! She in turn helps him see is potential and what he wants out of life, and his future.
CK
Dec 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow! The emotions in this book totally sucked me in! Again an awesome book! The angst and rawness kept this real! Keep up the fantastic work!!
Kaya
RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
STEAM: 🔥🔥🔥

I have been sleeping on Aubrey Bondurant's The Miss Series, and I am not making that mistake again.

Miss Treated is the sixth book in this series, and while it was fantastic as a standalone, I will definitely be going back to read the rest of the series.

Kelsey Maxwell is starting her gig as forensic auditor on contract with Chambers Tech, where Dominic Chambers is COO working for his father. Kelsey just wants to focus on the task at hand, but it is hard when you have a goo
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Dec 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was an absolutely awesome story and I loved every second of it. It stars Kelsey, who in a previous book we met as Chance's step sister. She had an awful ex and she tried to commit suicide in Chance's book Miss Trust.

Now she is all better and has dumped her ex and she has a new job working for Dominic's father as accounting investigator in San Diego. But her real investigation is very hush hush so Nic has no clue and she is not allowed to tell him the truth.

Nic and Kelsey become friends and
Tina Thompson
Dec 27, 2021 rated it it was ok
Sorry. Didn’t finish as so boring.

I’m really disappointed with this book. The writing is good, the characters are well written, so why didn’t I finish it?

It’s so boring! Never ending pages on her feelings, and how she’s weak and has to take anti depressants. Doesn’t this writer know that a lot of people are on or have taken anti depressants? It’s nothing to be ashamed of, and I felt annoyed that she wrote the character as she did. And yes I have been on them. Three times to be precise. And I f
Char (1RadReader59)
Sep 04, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Kelsey is starting a new job. She is doing it on shaky legs. It's her first since leaving, her ex-Joel. Joel is a narcissist, along with her mother. After a ten-year dysfunctional relationship, where verbal abuse, gaslighting, and isolation were her norm she broke free.

It was unfortunate, that it almost cost her everything, including her life, when she tried, to commit suicide. Now, things were looking brighter. Chance, her brother got her this job, it's up to her to keep it. On her first day, s
Anne Flammang spencer
Dec 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
Lets just say that poor Kelsey is the reason why the I believe the book is titled Miss Treated. She has gotten out of a relationship that was in no way healthy. I was so frustrated with her Ex Joel and her mom (I use that word loosely) in this book. They made her believe she was week and couldn't survive without them So belittling and undermining. I promise once you read this book you will get what I mean, How can people do the things they did to her and say they love her. Kelsey does have a com ...more
LainieLibrary
Dec 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021, office_romance
3.75 Stars

This is a really solid romance. I've been following along with this whole series and while there have been some hits and misses, this belongs in the hits category. I've been excited for Kelsey's story, and I was not disappointed.

Kelsey is a fabulous character. She goes through so much growth through this book, having escaped an emotionally abusive relationship with her ex-fiance. After the events of book #4 in this series I couldn't help but root for her. I think the author did a great
Jackie Wright
Dec 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’m loving the Miss Series and Miss Treated is the perfect addition to the series. If you love office romance look no further than Dominic (Dom) Chambers and Kelsey Maxwell’s entertaining yet emotional journey because this is a story with all the feels and I’m sure like me this couple will take over your life, you will become captivated by their journey and you won’t be putting this book down until the final word has been read.
Kelsey hasn’t had an easy life, she had parents who either treated h
Erin Lewis
Dec 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5 star Review Miss Treated (Miss Series #6) by Aubrey Bondurant

I really enjoy Aubrey Bondurant’s style of writing and Miss Treated was an entertaining read that had be riveted from the first chapter.

This is Dominic (Nic) Chambers and Kelsey Maxwell’s office romance story and oh what a story it was. I fell hard and fast for both Nic and Kelsey, separately and especially together; they made such a great couple and were well suited to one another. We met Kelsey in Miss Trust as she is Chance’s st
Anita _booktoread
Dec 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying this series.

Kelsey has been torn down by narcissistic people her whole life. It’s taken her until not long ago to realise this is what was happening. After many months of therapy she’s finally ready to go back to work because she knows that she is really good at her job and she can disappear in the numbers.

Dominic is a sweetheart. But because of his childhood he doesn’t know how to commit or find the thing that he is passionate for. Because of this, his own father thinks he’
Angela
Dec 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This author knows how to bring out all your emotions in her writing .
She knows how to draw out every single emotion , through her style of writing , & her characters.

I fell hard for Dominic, & Kelsey, & their story .

Kelsey has been downtrodden all of her life . She knows she is getting better , but she still feels broken .

She has a new job at Chambers Technology, her plan is to prove herself worthy , by doing a good job .

Then she bumps into Dominic, & the heart she thought was broken begins
Kiera Veronica
Jan 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing
5🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 I’m so glad this was my first book of 22😭

Did I just demolish this book in 5 hours? I absolutely did. From the minute I picked it up I was hooked. As always Aubrey just blows me away with her writing, I never get bored.

For me Kelsey was such a special character, everything she accomplished after what her ex put her through strengthened her character. From the preview of her we got in chance’s book I knew I was going to love her broken parts and all. I even shed a little tear at how little
Rachel
Dec 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book first of all ... is about second chances.
Not the normal "2nd chance at love" story, but an elevated one.
This is Kelsey's story of her own second chance.
At life.
At love.
At work.
At family.
Everything.

To understand, I *strongly* suggest reading "Miss Trust" first by the author (go ahead and really start with book one in this series if you haven't read any of them!!) to understand what I just said.
But as you learn to understand Kelsey, you'll get a chance to understand Nic, too.
These two in
Shweta Choudhary
Dec 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I had been in a reading funk for so long, I wanted to pick up a book and read. I picked out this book quite randomly and I was very surprised at how much I loved it. I am always hesitant at picking new authors and that too, this randomly. The characters felt so real, it felt like I knew them personally. Even though it was a fiction book, the authors kept them real.

I loved the hero. He wasn't a good boy hiding behind bad boy exterior. He wasn't an asshole. He was a boyfriend I would want. A true
Tressie Nelson

Abusive ex (narcissistic)
Toxic family
Attempted kidnapping, forced commitment
Attempted suicide mentioned

Kels gets her story of redemption. Nic doesn't know she is investigating his aunt for fraud, but works really hard on gaining her trust and helping build up her self-esteem. He stands by her and empowers her to stand up for herself, even when he rescues her from confrontation that gets dangerous. Everyone underes
Josephine
Jan 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I think this is my favourite of the series. I always wanted to know more about Kelsey's story, she intrigued me when we was first introduced to her and based on the opinions of her brothers.

I don't want to give too much of the story away as best to read first hand. There are so many things that happen and you will be enthralled by them like I was. I had many emotions while reading, definitely have tissues ready just in case.

I loved how Kelsey is a strong heroine showing that you can overcom
Sue Ouellet-Cofsky
Dec 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is absolutely one of my very favorite stories from Aubrey Bondurant. I DO love when she tackles difficult subject matter and does it in a way that has you really thinking-not only about what others go through but perhaps lets you see your own life and past more clearly. That's what Kelsey and Nic's story did for me. From the beginning, we got to see Kelsey's transformation from an emotional mess to an amazingly strong woman capable of holding her own under some very difficult conditions. Wh ...more
Wendy
Dec 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Dominic and Kelsey meet when she goes to work for his father's company. As an auditor she will comb the books and find any problems. Dominic is the fun, partying playboy who has recently taken the position of COO. It isn't his dream but he has committed to one year. Can she trust her judgement?

I fell for Dominic right away. Even with his playboy reputation I knew he really was a good guy. Kelsey has demons in her past so her reluctance to consider a relationship makes sense. He is sweet, patient
Emma Whitehouse
Jan 03, 2022 rated it it was amazing

What a lovely read! Thoroughly enjoyed this book and the feelings and emotions that went with it. Dominic was an absolute sweetheart! I loved his easy going attitude and his sweet nature.
Kelsey is also a loveable leading lady who has been to Rock bottom and is trying to overcome a horrid relationship. She is so strong, but even strong people have moments of doubt. Loved the in depth details we are given around Kelsey’s job.
The two of them together we perfect!!
What a great addition to the Miss Se
lowkeyreader
Dec 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by the author and I'm glad I picked this one up. I definitely need to get to reading the previous books of this series soon. Kelsey and Dominic's story gave me all the feels and swoon! I fell in love with their characters because they're such great characters. They are both so relatable and so not perfect. Actually, they're far from it. They have their own struggles and I loved how they work on themselves. And despite Kelsey's reservation, I loved how hard Nic pu ...more
Jillian Kerr
Dec 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Miss Treated is another great addition to The Miss series. It is a complete stand alone, but has some crossover characters. Kelsey and Nic were just the cutest couple. Each had a history of mental health and experience with bad relationships. Their stories very different, but they were able to relate with the other on some level. They really did balance each other out and so much more than what you saw in the surface. I really did not want their story to end!
Deanna
Jan 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Office romance books are a huge favorite trope of mine and Aubrey writes them so well. Every book I read of hers I just love. And this book was amazing I was hooked from start to finish and could not put it down. I have been waiting a while for Kelsey to get her book after already meeting her and absolutely loved it, Dominic was the right man for her and after everything she has been through he was just what she needed.
Regan
Dec 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another winner

I loved Kelsey and Nic. Although it was definitely a romance story, it felt with some very serious issues. People in Kelsey’s life were narcissistic and Nic helped her learn what a good relationship was like and she got stronger and able to stand up for herself.
I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to everyone. I can’t wait for the next one.

• Beckett (Billionaire Moguls, #1)
  • Captain Grump (Billionaires Of La Vega)
  • Misunderstood (Forbidden Love, #3)
  • My Grumpy Hunk (Hunky Bossy Billionaires #2)
  • Wild Side (Wilder Irish, #9)
  • The Summer Proposal
  • Mr. Handsome Hunk (The Manhattan Men Book 2)
  • Saved by the Boss (New York Billionaires, #2)
  • Only For Forever (Men of Rocky Mountain)
  • A Very Vegas St. Patrick's Day (Very Holiday, #3)
  • Beautiful Russian Monster (Vancouver Mafia, #2)
  • Dirty Little Secret
  • The Baby and the Blueblood (Eastport Bay Billionaires #3)
  • Red Hot Rebel
  • Beyond the Play (Out of Reach, #3)
  • Life After Wife (Balsam Ridge, #1)
  • The Powerbroker (Norcross Security, #6)
  • The Merger (Playboys of New York #3)
➡️ Sign up for my newsletter to stay informed of upcoming releases & sales - http://eepurl.com/dBW4gj
➡️ IG - https://bit.ly/2wsDtm1
➡️ Amazon - https://amzn.to/2MeeMVb
➡️ Facebook - https://bit.ly/2VsWsIO
➡️ Join my Reader Group (for exclusive excerpts and giveaways) - https://bit.ly/2K9yuyN
➡️ Bookbub - https://bit.ly/2Jz77e8
➡️ Twitter: https://bit.ly/2LZrNzP

Aubrey Bondurant is a working mom who love

Miss (6 books)
  • Miss Understanding (Miss, #1)
  • Miss Typed (Miss, #2)