Start by marking “TimeRipper” as Want to Read:
TimeRipper

TimeRipper

Kindle Edition
Published February 25th 2021

To ask other readers questions about TimeRipper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about TimeRipper

Start your review of TimeRipper
Sue Bavey
May 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Timeripper is the well-known story of Jack the Ripper and his female victims in Victorian London, given a completely new and original twist. What if the victims were actually female terrorists from the year 2288, escaping through time to 1888 having caused Armageddon on Earth, and what if Jack the Ripper was actually an assassin sent back in time to track them down and give them justice? Hooked yet? You will be…

The story begins on Earth in 2288 and we are introduced to characters in a number of
M S loves books
May 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A time-travelling SciFi fiction with an attractive and meaningful cover you'll understand once you read?SIGN.ME.UP🤩

Ever since I read a SciFi trilogy in 2014,I have loved the genre.What more do you need when you add time-travelling? It's a perfect recipe to attract me,like a moth to a flame🥰💃

In the initial few chapters,it was hard to understand what was happening,just like the characters,I was wondering WTH!?!? A purple hue doing strange things that a technologically advanced Earth couldn't under
Jessica Belmont
May 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
TimeRipper by D.E. McCluskey is an excellent novel with many genres combined. I’m loving the thriller/time travel/historical combo, and I think this book was super well written.

For those that aren’t super comfortable with scifi, TimeRipper is easily understood. I think anyone would enjoy this novel because it has so much of everything we want when we read. I was able to escape into this story.

I love the twists, and the thrills. TimeRipper was so entertaining. I didn’t want it to end. I am lookin
Robert More
Jun 01, 2021 rated it liked it
To me, this read as a straight forward thriller. It didn't demand much from the reader. The use of the language is simple and direct without many literary devices to spice it up. This style did make the novel easy to read and fast paced, though not particularly memorable. I tended to read this novel in a series big gulps, reading twenty or maybe thirty pages when I had a spare hour, followed by periods of leaving it be because there wasn't a character or situation I wanted to return to. There ar ...more
Lauren Smith
Youssef Haseem might be in over his head. After a terrorist attack by a group called The Quest wipes out half of the human population on Earth, he finds himself the de facto leader of the Earth Alliance. To make matters worse, The Quest’s leaders have vanished, leaving only an ultimatum. Youssef has precisely one year to either surrender what remains of the Earth Alliance to The Quest or see the rest of the world perish...unless he can stop the leaders from coming back. Meanwhile, a group of my ...more
Rose English
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
McCluskey has outdone himself with this new Gothic - SciFi masterpiece.

Firstly the cover, simply outstanding. It encompasses all that the book has to offer. It features the shadow of the Ripper in his dark gothic world, with elements of Victorian London shrouded in a mysterious eerie purple mist.

Being honest, I was in two minds about reading this book once I had checked out the blurb. I did not think that a story featuring a group calling themselves 'The Quest' a 'pseudo-religious' group of terr
Christina Eleanor
May 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Time Ripper is a fantastic tale that cleverly winds past and present together. If you like science fiction, horror, and alternate history, you have to check this book out!

The setting is the near future. Rival teams work on a machine that will help them transcend time. Team A finds out someone from Team B has succeeded and gone back in time to wreak havoc on unassuming Londoners. Team A decides to send a group back through the rift to bring this person back to pay for their crimes. There’s only o
Melanie Marsh
Apr 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I'm unbelievably glad I took the chance on this book. I can't lie, I was a little nervous about reading this book at first. I'm not much of a sciencey/serious person, so I wasn't sure if it would work for me, but I'm a sucker for anything even vaguely historical. I just can't help it. Especially 1888 Whitechapel history.

I was worried some of the more futuristic stuff would turn me off or be too confusing for me but I understood 99% of it. And trust me when I say that's a big deal. I've read some
Ian Rooney
Mar 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is probably the best work so far from this talented author. It is a delve into the past and a look into the future. It has so much to capture the imagination dealing in one of the greatest ever mysteries we have known Jack the Ripper.

Whilst the author obviously has an incredible knowledge of this fascinating subject he intertwines his own twist and turns to make this a really captivating read.

The character development is excellent also with so many strong characters that really engross you
Liliyana Shadowlyn
May 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book captivated me from page one. Jack the Ripper, the threat of the annihilation of life on earth and time travel? How could I not want to read this? McCluskey definitely delivered on the intrigue and thrills. The characters had wonderful depth and the plot moved along at the perfect pace. The perfect read for those interested in the legends of Jack the Ripper, time-travel, or the end of the world. Definitely recommend!
P.J. Blakey-Novis
Apr 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read by D.E. McCluskey and it won’t be the last. TimeRipper is a wonderfully inventive tale involving time travel and Jack the Ripper, with believable characters, great pacing, and plenty of twists and turns. A blend of science fiction and thriller, it’s probably not something I would have picked up, but I’m very glad I did. I look forward to diving into more of the author’s work very soon.
mic
Apr 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
"TimeRipper" has everything I could ask for. Engaging characters & plot, time travel, science fiction, etc. I liked the alternate versions of the Jack Ripper tales, the author did a fantastic job with that.

This is a heck of a book I would recommend to people.
Kathi
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, tbc
What a great read! I love the idea of involving time travel with the origins of Jack the Ripper. I was glued to the pages through the entire book.

This is very different from other books I have read by this author but it was equally enjoyable!
Rosario Barrera
Jun 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I’m having a hard time writing this down, not because I didn’t like the book, but because I loved it! A well crafted tale, you go to amazing places with amazing people. The twists and turns the plot takes keep you riveted to the story. I enjoyed myself so much!
Sue Wallace
Mar 06, 2021 rated it liked it
The time ripper by D.E. McCluskey.
A good read. This was a different read dealing with time travel. I do prefer this authors horror books. 3*.
Michael Angel
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Such a gripping read - great plot, interesting characters - difficult book to put down.
Really interesting take on the ripper tales - really hope this isn't a Sci-Fi Premonition on things to come!
Kamini Mehta
Feb 25, 2021 rated it liked it
I really liked parts of this book. If you are really into time travel or alternate histories this might be your thing. I prefer more character development and there are some interesting characters, I would love to read more and get to know them.
martha mendiola

• All The Lonely People
  • Cleo Can Tie A Bow: A Rabbit and Fox Story
  • Unnatural
  • Death and So Forth
  • Unstoppable: Siggi B. Wilzig's Astonishing Journey from Auschwitz Survivor and Penniless Immigrant to Wall Street Legend
  • Seven Days in June
  • Elanora and the Salt Marsh Mystery
  • Game Changer
  • The Demon of Yodok (Juche #1)
  • Feral Creatures (Hollow Kingdom, #2)
  • Justine
  • Body in the Woods (Carlos Jacobi, #1)
  • The Nine: The True Story of a Band of Women Who Survived the Worst of Nazi Germany
  • Hamnet
  • A Little Birdie Told Me...: Secrets, lies and love in this intriguing and heartwarming romance
  • Nightmare Factory
  • The Connection (The Blood-Light Trilogy, #1)

News & Interviews