Start by marking “The God Queen (Rebirth Saga #1)” as Want to Read:
The God Queen (Rebirth Saga #1)

The God Queen (Rebirth Saga #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  30 ratings  ·  24 reviews
THE GOD QUEEN RETURNS. SO, WHY IS EVERYONE SQUELCHING HER POWER?

In a backwater Earth town, Rei Ettowa dreams of traveling across the stars to destroy Infiernen - the knight who murdered her brother.

ebook
Published February 2021 by M. L. Tishner

To ask other readers questions about The God Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The God Queen

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The God Queen (Rebirth Saga #1)
Giselle
Aug 16, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Free review copies are available for request here: [closed - other review opportunities found here] ...more
Anabella Córdoba
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
3.5 ⭐
(English bellow)
Este es un libro que trata de chicos con poderes. Se asemeja mucho a The X-Men y por eso me llamó muchísimo la atención para leerlo.
Pero antes de todo esto, en la trama, nos encontramos con una Dominación que busca arraigar en el que no existen sus dioses a los cuales la población cree. Castiga a los creyentes por rendirles tributo, dándoles Lágrimas de Júpiter, un potente veneno en público para que los demás teman.
Sin embargo Rei, nuestra protagonista central de la his
Unzila Ali
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, thanks to Mari, for sending me her book all the way from Germany ❤️

Even though, sci-fi is not my go to genre but I still tend to pick up random books from it, from time to time and when I read the synopsis of this book especially the GOD part, I had an sudden urge to read it.

Honestly Speaking, I was not expecting much from it but when I started reading it, I got obsessed with it! and I just wanted to devour all of it in one night but still I took some time because I wasn’t ready at
Plots and Points
Full Review To Come
M.L. Tishner
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

The God Queen is a space fantasy about revenge, family, and destiny.

Start Reading: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VQLNCRK/

Visit M. L. Tishner Online: www.mltishner.com
Rob Snyder
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A friend of mine posted a glowing recommendation of this book on Facebook, and I decided to pick it up and see if it held muster. I also only had one book left to read for Book Riot’s 2019 read harder challenge (“A self-published book”), and this fit that category nicely.

The book itself has an engaging plot that kept me wanting to know what would happen next.

The protagonist and all of the primary characters are flushed out with depth and complex feelings. However, some of the background charact
Rutuja Ramteke
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is the first book in the Rebirth series and after reading this book, I am pretty sure it's going to win hearts, I am a sci-fi fan and this book has everything I always want in a good book, the storyline has a tint of fantasy to it, which I really loved. The storyline revolves around Rei who is discovering her brother's murderer but in this process she ends up finding many veiled turths about her life, what her destiny holds? What Rei will do? I really loved the storyline as it has a bit of
Kat
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rei lives in a backwater town on Earth, dreaming of the day she can avenge her older brother Niklaryn’s death at the hands of Infiernen, an instrument of the Dominion. On the side of the Federation, who holds there are multiple gods while the rapidly spreading Dominion preaches one god, Rei quickly learns she is just as hunted as her brother had been, and that she is a god reincarnated, one of several. Meeting up with her fellow gods isn’t the hard part; working to end the war between the Domini ...more
J.L. Slipak
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MY THOUGHTS:

I received this book in exchange for my honest review.

Divided into two parts: Part One-The Woman; and, Part Two-The Goddess
Part One: I found as I started reading that it appeared to have had multiple sections taken out leaving the character development lacking, or incomplete. I’m not sure if the removal was because someone told the author that the book was too long and should be reduced, or, if the author just didn’t like something for whatever reasons and took them out. I wish she h
Kameron
(review request submitted by the author for an honest critique)

The God Queen is broken up into two sections: The Woman and The Goddess.

(Part One) The Woman read as if it was picking up from a prequel. One hundred pages into the story and I finally contacted M. L. Tishner (the author) to ask if there was perhaps a prequel to The God Queen. M. L. Tishner responded there was NO PREQUEL. She stated things were taken out, but it was all in the sakes of her readers.

While writing and editing stories,
Rebecca Veight
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nicely paced, it starts out with an execution by poison and us meeting our protagonist Rei, who is more than meets the eye. There is a destiny meant for her that she knows nothing about.

Revelations and excitement come knocking quite quickly. Then we meet Bronx and the others who already know of their powers. The characters are easily likeable and relatable. You may not always agree with them, but you understand their motivation.

Reincarnation is always an interesting concept. The mythology of the
Tabatha Shipley
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I Did Like:
-The cover.
-Bronx’s inner struggle is well written. I’d read another book in this series again for that alone. It’s realistic and wonderful.
-The concept of reincarnated Gods is fun. The idea of being inside a main character who is learning that she is that reincarnated God is great. There’s a lot of potential in this concept for future books.
-The book sets up this series well, getting you interested enough to keep reading.

Who Should Read This One:
-Epic space fans
-Fans of relucta
Amy Shannon
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story

Tishner pens a grand story in The God Queen. This is the first book I've read that was considered a Space Opera, and I enjoyed reading it. It wasn't quite like a fantasy or sci-fi book on its own, but it seemed like a mix of genres. This writing style and story style is a credit to the author's writing, and this futuristic world was built. This reader found the story easy to read, a lot of detail was put into the story, and the pace was pretty well solid. It is more than just a
Luralee
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The God Queen is a fun read with a fast-paced plot and intriguing characters. Bronx is fascinating with his inner demons and creepy-cool power. Rei is headstrong and repeatedly leads her friends into danger because of this, but I loved her strength and determination to be more than a figurehead. The secondary characters are well developed too. I enjoyed the diversity and humor.

While the ending isn’t a true cliffhanger (yay! I’m not a big fan of those) it looks like the plot will continue into th
Angela Woodall
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! It is a great mix of sci-fi/fantasy and space opera and leaves you wanting more. The characters are well developed with real life struggles, the story line is wonderful with a little romance thrown in for good measure. The author transports you into a different world with great skill and ease. Looking forward to seeing more from this new author. Give the author and the book a chance, you will not be disappointed!
Starr Davies
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, new-adult
In a backwater Earth town, Rei Ettowa dreams of traveling across the stars to destroy Infiernen -- the man who murdered her brother. Unable to let go of her brother’s murder, Rei hunts Infiernen. But instead of killing him, Rei discovers a terrible secret about her brother.

But there's more to the story than a girl seeking vengeance for her brother's death. Rei meets a group of men and women fighting for the Federation against the evil forces of Dominion and learns a startling truth about hersel
Social Librarian
Book Name: The God Queen

Genre: Sci-fi

Summary: When Rei discovers she is the reincarnation of the prophesied God Queen, she relishes her newfound ability to channel lightning for revenge. Unfortunately, blazing through a battlefield clashes with the Federation's plan for Rei and the others like her. All the gods are to be trained as diplomatic figureheads to sway voters, not agents of war. Infiernen must remain untouched.

As Rei navigates her new role in the Federation, she finds herself drawn to
Gailie Ruth
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This debut novel holds whole worlds of imagined mythos and culture, and it’s an enjoyable ride if you love sassy/cunning heroines and a dash of solid romance! The satirical nods to many of today’s societal struggles involving authoritarian politics and fundamentalist religions are cleverly placed, too.

In this coming-of-age tale, Rei’s internal growth happens most through a series of revelations and startling discoveries, including her role in a legacy far beyond her imagining. And certainly, bei
Mandi
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This plot is epic. This story had a fantastic final twist that leaves the reader hungry for book two. The God Queen is for readers who love a stubborn, strong female lead. Noting that this story drops the reader right into the action, it might be touch confusing for readers who want to know all the details. However, I found the characters easy to connect to and the drama of their relationships completely believable. Looking forward to seeing how this adventure continues.

I was given a free copy o
K.D. Reid
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Solid Debut with Anticipated Sequel

If you're a science fiction reader, this books is a solid choice. Dabblers or those who read mostly fantasy may be intimidated by the cosmic world building, but it's completely worth it. Reincarnation, awesome special abilities, and sweet, Swift romance, all in one stellar soap opera package. I can't wait for the second book to see where these characters go and watch the deep seeded political plot take flight.
Sanrizz
I received a copy of this book from the author and this is my honest review. The book's plot was engaging enough to keep me turning the pages. I didn't like the cover art, tho. Based on the book cover alone, I wouldn't buy it nor want to read it. All of the characters are fully developed, I love that! I skimmed over some stuff, like the use of over-excessive descriptions. Other than that, the book wasn't bad. HATE the book cover, tho. ...more
Tony Fecteau
Apr 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a fun action series with heart. We follow Rei around while she is trying to stamp out the injustices she sees all around her. Oh, and by the way, she is a reincarnated God! She needs to discover her abilities and figure out how to have peace for all worlds.
April Smallwood
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed it. It was a quick read and perfect for the pandemic. Kept my mind off things. I'll definitely be reading the next book in the series when it comes out. ...more
Ellie Mitchell
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
~Summary

The Velocio, a series of God-like humanoids are soon expected to return to the people, to give them hope that the Federation can overcome the corrupt Dominion.

~Story

Young Rei has worked in a tavern all her young life and is eager for adventure. When she has a chance to join the federation, she grabs it, determined to do good. However, her life is not as simple as she believed: secrets have been hidden from her, important ones that will upend everything she’s ever known.

Rei must learn to
Dec 24, 2019
Raven's Books
Dec 31, 2019
Claudia
rated it did not like it
Dec 02, 2020

• Breacher (Tom Keeler, #2)
  • The Henderson Helios: A Sci-Fi Adventure Novella
  • Forgiving What You Can't Forget: Discover How to Move On, Make Peace with Painful Memories, and Create a Life That's Beautiful Again
  • Lovers' Meeting: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • All That This Entails
  • Tempt Me: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
  • Bound by Silver (Razor's Edge Chronicles #2)
  • False Expectations (A Molly McMurray Mystery #2)
  • Mistress Mage (The Mage-Born Chronicles #2)
  • Heart of Dracula (Immortal Soul, #1)
  • Dead of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #1)
  • The Tale Of The Vampire Bride (Vampire Bride, #1)
  • Allison
  • Curse of Dracula (Immortal Soul, #2)
  • Fire Demon Dawn
  • Finding Esme
  • The Book of Chaos (Starfell 1)
Mari is a half-Peruvian, half-American hobbit and pug owner who was born and raised in Indianapolis, Indiana where she grew up writing Sailor Moon/Gundam Wing fanfiction. She studied biology and Spanish at Indiana University where she decided to revive an old space opera she wrote in her high school years.

Mari, a native Hoosier, currently lives in southern Germany where she entertains people with