Start by marking “The Joker War Saga (Batman (2016-))” as Want to Read:
The Joker War Saga (Batman (2016-))

The Joker War Saga (Batman

(Batman (2016) #15.5)

Published February 23rd 2021

To ask other readers questions about The Joker War Saga (Batman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Joker War Saga (Batman

Start your review of The Joker War Saga (Batman (2016-))
Chad
Mar 11, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021, hoopla
This collects the main Joker War storyline from Batman plus all the tie-ins from all the other Batman Family comics. All of the tie-ins are interspersed in the midst of the main storyline. I actually found this to be disruptive. I think reading the main storyline straight through and then going back to read the tie-ins to fill in the gaps works much better.

I gave the main story 4 stars but this collection only 3 because of how disruptive the way this is collected is. If you want to read every bi
John
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Take a great storyline of the war between Batman and Joker, give it some above average artwork and a decent script. Mix it all up until it becomes an incoherent mess with no rhyme or reason and voila! You've got Joker War Saga!
Color me disappointed.
Brian Garthoff
Apr 03, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far, so good JT4. This collection packages the Joker war issues of Batman with several tie-ins. Overall, the core Batman issues are the best part but as someone who is planning on getting a little deeper into DC’s current lineup I enjoyed seeing what else was taking place alongside the event. Jimenez does it again with some great art and I’m really enjoying the overall look and feel of this run so far.
Robert Bussie
Mar 23, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I read the first few chapters I was getting the terrible feeling of confusion and annoyance that I felt while reading the terrible "Dark Knight Metal" trades a couple of years ago. If you want my reviews of those book they are listed in my Goodreads reading history list; even though looking back I think that I was too generous with my ratings.

So, why give this book 4 out of 5 stars? Because as the story progresses the book pulls the plot together after the disjointed beginning chapters and
Adam Stone
DC Comics is desperate to bankrupt themselves and alienate anyone who loves comics.

When I say this book is awful, I don't mean it as a dig to any of the writers or artists on this book. I'm sure somewhere between most to all of them love comics, and deserve better than this steaming pile of shit collection.

The layout editor failed to use gutters. A pretty basic staple of books. So the images and text bleed into the spine and are, therefore, unreadable. If you happen to know whether Ben Abernathy
Adam Graham
Mar 11, 2021 rated it liked it
The Joker has taken over the Wayne Foundation and Gotham City as a whole and Batman is penniless, his allies traumatized and in a disarray.

The main Joker War mini-series is a bit of a mixed bag om in Batman. It finishes really strong with the 100th issue of its run with Batman. It just kind of meanders and limps it's way there, with Batman unconcscious and attempts to be supershocking which are part of the mythos of Batman comics, but are becoming increasingly hard to do without going Mature rea
Tris
Apr 05, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very interesting to me and I did have a nice time reading it.

What I liked:
- The found family trope was present with Harley and other members of the Bat Family, which I’m a sucker for
- The storytelling was pretty nice even though this book seemed to tell it out of order
- The supporting characters’ comics were cute
- I liked how they introduced Clownhunter and Punchline

What I didn’t like:
- Why would you have all that buildup of Harley wanting to kill her abuser for him to just g
Michael Rivas
This is what a comic book is supposed to consist of. Wide range of characters none stop action. Almost too much action in the beginning. The whole bat family and even villains play some role in the overall plot. We see new characters iv never seen before and story lines from individual characters played a role in the plot. This saga is a combination of multiple story lines all together.
The action all starts to turn into an immediate point towards the middle of the story/book and tyranny and may
Thomas Maluck
Mar 14, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dc
Went into this worried it'd be more overexposure for Joker, but there's a refreshing amount of Bat-family material all around the main story that built to some satisfying closure for several characters. On the visual side, while there's a revolving door of artists, they're all quite good and each fits the protagonist of their respective chapter. ...more
Billie Flaming
Mar 14, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do appreciate a family coming together, which is what I got by the end of this. Harley was fantastic, and Bruce is broken and learning how to heal in a new way. Punchline is terrible and I like her a lot. Oracle made an appearance.
Josh Newhouse
Mar 20, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 21mar
Very uneven... moments of brilliance... solid 3.5 stars... the best part is the lead-in to what’s next.
Randi
Apr 14, 2021
Travischesser
Feb 28, 2021
« previous 1 3 next »
Download PDF/ePub eBook The Joker War Saga by James Tynion IV 1 2 Feb 21, 2021 04:45AM

• Batman: Three Jokers
  • Empyre: Captain America & The Avengers
  • True Believer: The Rise and Fall of Stan Lee
  • The Question: The Deaths of Vic Sage
  • Batman: Detective Comics, Vol. 4: Cold Vengeance
Prior to his first professional work, Tynion was a student of Scott Snyder's at Sarah Lawrence College. A few years later, he worked as for Vertigo as Fables editor Shelly Bond's intern. In late 2011, with DC deciding to give Batman (written by Snyder) a back up feature, Tynion was brought in by request of Snyder to script the back ups he had plotted. Tynion would later do the same with the Batman ...more

Batman (2016) (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Batman, Volume 1: I Am Gotham