Start by marking “Quilts From The Quiltmaker's Gift” as Want to Read:
Quilts From The Quiltmaker's Gift

Quilts From The Quiltmaker's Gift

Who says you have to be an expert to make beautiful quilts? Inspired by The Quiltmaker's Gift, this companion book shows beginners, children included, as well as seasoned quilters to experience the joy of quiltmaking and quiltmentoring. 20 traditional patterns for a new generation of generous quiltmakers are included.
Published March 1st 2001 by Scholastic Press (first published March 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Quilts From The Quiltmaker's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quilts From The Quiltmaker's Gift

Start your review of Quilts From The Quiltmaker's Gift
Erin
Dec 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I'm a beginning quilter, and I just finished a quilt top using the directions for the Hens and Chicks block featured in this book, which brings to life several of the quilts featured in the picture book The Quiltmaker's Gift. The book itself is beautiful and easy to use. The directions are clear and the diagrams are excellent. I particularly loved that the authors included at least two samples of each quilt, made up in different color schemes and fabrics. It was so fun to see how much different ...more
Kennedy
Apr 06, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This is a great quilt book. Its is beautifully illustrated and the quilt directions are clear and easy to understand. Each pattern has directions and yardages for 3 different sizes. I have made several quilts from the patterns in this book and highly recommend it.

This is easily my favorite quilting book.
Virginia
Mar 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafty-stuff
Great, easy-to-follow instructions, inspiring patterns and projects. Perfect for an intimidated beginner.
Barb
Jan 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Fun instruction book of quilting with designs from the children's book "The Quiltmaker's Gift".

Beautiful illustrations, both of quilts and the charcters in the book!
Kate
Apr 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: craft-a-holic
Quilts to embolden the novice quilter. Easy instructions, wonderful examples of the quilts suggested, and really good directions for how to finish a quilt. Great for grownups and for kids.
Kathleen Dixon
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: craft
What an excellent idea for a book. This was inspired by the children's story The Quiltmaker's Gift and the beautiful illustrations of Gail de Marcken. But it's more than just a celebration of gorgeous quilts - it gives instructions for the cutting and piecing, and it gives examples of completed quilts and little snippets about the people who made them, and tips for quilters. And, of course, references with a little text and pictures from the storybook.

And on top of all that, it's most beautifull
Sheila
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quilting
My granddaughters and I loved the unending amount of illustration in The Quiltmaker's Gift and I found the colors of many of the quilts in this companion volume very beautiful. There are instructions for 22 traditional quilts, most of which I hadn't seen before (and I have read about 40 quilting books to date).
Luwanda Dunfee
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think that I will get lots of use from this book. It has simple patterns that you can do with any of your fabric. I love the easy way to make sure you are getting the size of the quilt you want. The pictures are great.
Valerie Alberti
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was really trying to review "The Quiltmaker's Gift" a wonderful story for anyone. Talk about what is important in life, heres a book that reminds you.
Kathleen
Jul 23, 2014
Sue Stern
Jun 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Quilt Block Bible: 200+ Traditionally Inspired Quilt Blocks from Rosemary Youngs
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Hands Free Mama: A Guide to Putting Down the Phone, Burning the To-Do List, and Letting Go of Perfection to Grasp What Really Matters!
  • Mother Teresa: A Life Inspired
  • The Quiltmaker's Journey
  • Ordained Irreverence (Elmo Jenkins Book One)
  • Create Your Dream Classroom
  • A Tale of Two Elmos (Elmo Jenkins #4)
  • The Warner Boys: Our Family’s Story of Autism and Hope
  • Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's
  • Some Things Never Change (Elmo Jenkins #2)
  • Mister God, This is Anna
  • The Rent Collector
  • The Quiltmaker's Gift
  • The Old Man and the Tea (Elmo Jenkins, #3)
  • Death of a Crafty Knitter (Stormy Day Mystery #2)
  • You Know I Love You Because You're Still Alive: Confessions of a Middle Aged Working Mom
  • Bright Line Eating: The Science of Living Happy, Thin & Free