Start by marking “Balloons for Tiger” as Want to Read:
Balloons for Tiger

Balloons for Tiger

How can children begin to heal after losing a pet? Balloons for Tiger takes an imaginative look at this tough topic as colorful balloons travel from the hands of children to their beloved cat who has passed on. This book lets children open up their hearts and imaginations for a magical journey to the farthest corners of the world, where they'll meet skydivers, astronauts, ...more
Published May 4th 2021 by Mascot Books

To ask other readers questions about Balloons for Tiger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Balloons for Tiger

Start your review of Balloons for Tiger
Lindsay
I am sure most, if not everyone as lost a pet or two in their lifetime. Whether you were a child yourself or you are a parent of one. I am sure it has been hard to tell your child or children about pet loss. Well, this book is called "Balloons for Tiger" is a book about pet loss.

It can show you how to deal with pet loss with your child or children. It is a good one for children to understand a pet's death, but that their pet's love is continual with them; It may help open your child or children
Mehsi
I received this book from the tour company/publisher/author in exchange of an honest review.

In this book a family has a lost their pet, Tiger, and so they decide to release balloons as a way of mourning the loss in a special way. The parents tell the kids a whole story on where the balloons will go. From their home to much higher, much further. Meeting all sorts of people (like Santa!) and seeing all sorts of fun sights. Going higher and higher and I was just having such fun seeing the balloons
Shelle Perry
Even for adults, losing a beloved pet can be traumatic. For children, especially those who have never been without the pet, it can be particularly difficult. Coping with feelings of loss is not something most kids are fully equipt to do. Without a lot of outside resources, author Lori Orlinsky did what most parents wish they could do, she wrote a book to help her children process the loss of their cat Tiger.

The book opens with a family releasing anthropomorphic balloons to the sky laden with mes
Gina R Mitchell
Balloons for Tiger is a heartfelt, touching story addressing the loss of a family pet.

The author does a very nice job of writing about this difficult subject to teach lessons while not being heavy-handed or talking down to children. Writing in rhyme helps keep the story light enough for all ages yet stresses the message that all is well.

Vanessa Alexandre’s illustrations are bright, colorful, and very well done. She does an excellent job of portraying exactly what the author is writing about.

Thi
Cover Lover Book Review
Apr 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
b>Balloons for Tiger is a sweet and unique hardcover book for children who might be coping with the loss of a pet. Its rhyming text reveals the journey of released balloons on their way to a beloved pet cat, Tiger. This tale allows children to process their grief in a soothing and healing way.

Without delving deep into the painful loss, this imaginative and sensitive rhyming journey encourages children to manage their grief with creativity and reflection.

The full-page illustrations are colorful
Debbie
May 11, 2021 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
This rhyming story shows what might happen to balloons when they are released after the loss of a pet. The first page shows balloons being released that are holding notes for Tiger. But when the children ask where the balloons go after they are released, the imaginative tale begins.

The pages are filled with a fun story of what the balloons might see on their journey to meet Tiger. (At this point we can only guess who Tiger is if the cover of the book hasn’t been revealed.)

The bright ill
Angela Thompson
May 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Imaginative Story Takes Readers on a Magical Journey. At any given time, my family has a houseful of pets that we have adopted (or have adopted us). We have a few that have been a part of the family for as long as our daughters have. We have lost a few over the years too. Losing a pet is a painful loss to families and difficult for many little ones to understand. Balloons for Tiger follows a bunch of colorful memorial balloons as they make their way from the family to their recently lost pet. Th ...more
Jenna Rideout
May 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was granted complimentary access to Balloons for Tiger as part of my participation in a blog tour for this title with iRead Book Tours. Thank you to all involved in affording me this opportunity! My thoughts are my own and my review is honest.

Tour blog post: https://www.westveilpublishing.com/?p...

I'm not crying, you're crying! Excuse me while I find my cats for a big hug.

Okay, I'm back.

Balloons for Tiger is a very sweet story about saying goodbye to a beloved pet. A family releases balloon
Amy
May 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Balloons for Tiger is a good book for younger readers. It is a good way of teaching young ones about the experience of losing their beloved pet. It does so by making young ones to stay captivated from start to finish. I admired how the author was able to use this story to bring out a way of showing how one can heal and grieve such an important friend in their life. I found it to be a wonderful tool to help little children process of what is happening. It is okay to be sad and to be missing their ...more
Anamika Agnihotri
May 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Dawn
May 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I chose to read this book after receiving a free copy. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

I love books like this one. It is easy to read and it has bright and colorful illustrations that will keep the attention of young children. At the same time, it contains an important lesson. Balloons for Tiger teaches children that it is normal to grieve the loss of a pet and that even though their pet is no longer with them, it is still okay.

I thought of a quote from Toni Morris
Jody Joy
Balloons for Tiger is a wonderful rhyming book that will help children cope with the loss of a pet. The books illustrations are phenomenal, a perfect way to tell the children that their beloved pet will always be with them through their memories.

I loved this book, as I have struggled with the loss of a pet. And as hard as it is for an adult, it is much harder for children to understand why their pets pass away. And this book is written to help them understand that it is okay to talk about their
Connie Carpenter
May 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Balloons for Tiger is written by Lori Orlinsky. This book is geared toward children ages 3-7. I read this with my 8 and 9 year old sons and we enjoyed it very much. This book is written in a way that children can understand and cope with a loss of a beloved pet. We have two dogs. Theodore Roosevelt who is a 6 month old German Shepherd and Amelia Earhart who is a 2 year old lab mix. (If you are not familiar with me - I am a history nerd. I have a Masters in Military History) My 8 year old had a l ...more
May 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: what-an-animal
Anyone who has loved an animal has to understand that it is most likely that they will have to say goodbye to that pet, long before they are ready.
Children's feelings may be more tender and this loss can be difficult to understand and accept.
This book shares the story of a family, parents and two young girls, who did have to say goodbye to their fur bestie, Tiger. They want to let Tiger know that she will always be a part of the family and will always be remembered.
To show their love, balloons
Vicki
May 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
The loss of a pet can be a very tragic thing for adults, let alone children. This book’s purpose is to start the healing process for children who have lost a pet.

The children in this story have recently lost their cat, Tiger. They release balloons that will travel to their beloved pet who is now at the Rainbow Bridge, and help them start the process of healing the loss of Tiger.

The story is told in rhyme, and I enjoyed that. The illustrations in the book are bold and colorful and I really liked
Book Dragons TBR
May 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
A heartfelt story about the long road balloons take to get to Heaven. A little girl sends balloons to Heaven to her kitty, Tiger to send a message. It's so hard to lose an animal who is part of your family. For children it's not only hard but confusing knowing they won't ever get to see them again. In this gorgeously Illustrated book a little girl gets to watch the balloons travel far past the sky and space to reach their final destination. Once they get there they find Tiger, and Tiger in retur ...more
Betty
May 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorable rhyming story to help children deal with the death of their beloved pet. The story immediately opens with the release of the balloons and follows their journey to finding Tiger. It sensitively reminds the child that the pet will live on in the memories in their hearts and head.

The illustrations are colorful and fun. I love how the balloons were given personalities - so cute! Each illustration matches the words on the page perfectly.

Children are sure to love this book. In the
The Pen & Muse
May 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge cat lover and stand against pet cruelty. So when I read what Ballons for Tiger was about, I had to read it! The story of Tiger and his family is so heartfelt that anyone with a pet will understand what little children go through when they lose a pet and how important it is to speak to them about it. That's what drew me to this book, it's beautifully illustrated with a positive message. Those who are looking for a positive and fun story to show their children should share this book. I ...more
Misty
May 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that is perfect for helping children deal with loss. It also came at a good time for me as I recently lost a member of my family to rainbow bridge. While this book is clearly intended for children I myself took some comfort from it as well. The author does an amazing job at handling such a difficult topic in a manner that children can understand and benefit from.

Karen Bendzus
May 15, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story

I love the illustrations. They are so cute. The storyline is fun. I also liked that it had an example of how to deal with the loss of a loved pne

Charity  Bartley Howard
May 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
A colorful book with a helpful message is a book designed to help children following the death of a beloved furry family member. It does a nice job discussing a sensitive subject and relating to the thoughts of youth. The idea is a cute one and a sweet one. We might not know how to handle this time with little ones. Whether it is discussing the loss or how to cope with the loss. The book helps approach this. It also gives an interesting way of saying good-bye to a special pet that is more than a ...more
Jasmine
May 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Balloons for Tiger is an adorable children's book that tackles the subject of losing a beloved pet. It's a unique, creative story that provides comfort for children who may be grieving after their pet crosses the Rainbow Bridge. Having children follow the balloons released in the story on their adventure as they make their way to Tiger is a heartwarming and magical way for children to process their emotions and heal from the sadness they may be feeling.
I found the illustrations to be bright and
Charles Tidwell
May 08, 2021
Linda
is currently reading it
May 14, 2021
Lori Orlinsky is a multi award-winning, best-selling children's book author who lives in Chicago. Lori is certified by the CDC in Bullying Prevention and Response Training and is an ambassador for the PACER's National Bullying Center. At 5"1, she wishes her book "Being Small (Isn't So Bad After All)" was around while she was growing up. Other books by Lori include "The Tooth Fairy's Tummy Ache" an ...more

News & Interviews