Start by marking “Remember Me” as Want to Read:
Remember Me

Remember Me

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  18,126 Ratings  ·  450 Reviews
A killer turns a young family's dream holiday into an unfathomable nightmare....Menley Nichols and her husband, Adam, a criminal attorney, rent a house on Cape Cod, in the hope of restoring their faltering marriage. The birth of their daughter, Hannah, has revitalized their relationship, but Menley has never stopped blaming herself for the accidental death of her two-year- ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published May 1st 1995 by Pocket Books (first published May 2nd 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Remember Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remember Me

Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈

Read a book you can read in one calendar day.

I know that this book is not literary in any way, and it is probably not as good as most books I gave three stars to, but I'm giving this a 3.5 because, you know what?

just so we're clear.

I know these books are cozy mysteries. I know they are predictable. I know that I have read 80% of this woman's collected works and can guess the whodunit at like 20%. I know that the writing isn't good. Guess what?

Because I breezed through this cozy mystery in less t
Nikoleta
Oct 30, 2015 Nikoleta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, ghostly
Σκευωρίες, κρίσεις πανικού, παραισθήσεις, αμφιβολίες, ένας μυστηριώδης θάνατος και… φαντάσματα!!! Όλα αυτά συμβαίνουν σε μία έπαυλη του 18ου αιώνα! Πώς να μην ξετρελαθώ; Απρόσμενα καλό, αν σκεφτεί κανείς ότι αυτό το βιβλίο ούτε το ήξερα, ούτε το άκουσα ποτέ, και όταν το βρήκα απλώς το προσπέρασα. Το πώς έφτασε στα χέρια μου και μάλιστα πως έτυχε να το διαβάσω είναι μια άλλη ιστορία! Σίγουρα ήταν πάρα πολύ καλό, δεν ήθελα να το αφήσω με τίποτα. Κρίμα που είναι εξαντλημένο.
Carol
Oct 12, 2010 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book until the last page or two, and then I remembered being disappointed by one of the Clarks before.

Mary Higgins Clark obviously does her research and she sets a well paced story with interesting characters. Her process of educating the reader is integral to the narrative rather than a thinly veiled attempt to show us how much she knows. (Thank you so much!)

The last "note", however, was as anticlimactic as possible. Had she placeced that tidbit a littel earlier, it would
Ashley
Sep 11, 2007 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread for book club- good mystery and I had forgotten everything. The climax was saved until the very last few pages and everything seemed to resolve quickly. Logically the motives seemed a little far fetched, but was a still a good Mary Higgins Clark book.

Read in 2005: One of my favorite suspense/mysteries! Full of thrills and ghost stories, I had to keep my roomate up with me just to go to the bathroom afterwards.
Sep 24, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my all-time favorite Mary Higgins Clark book. What I like most about Clark is that I can count on the book to be clean, yet entertaining--a combination that's hard to come by these days. This one is set along the northeast coastline and has a windswept, cottage feel.
Janebbooks
Abbie
Mar 28, 2013 Abbie rated it really liked it
I've always been a fan of Mary Higgins Clark and this book just increases my love for her work. Remember Me is a beautifully written novel that blends intrigue, suspense and drama into a delightful little package.

The story centers on Menley Nichols, the wife of the high-profile defense attorney Adam Nichols. She is plagued by the unfortunate death of her two-year-old son Bobby, and suffers from Post-traumatic stress disorder. Hoping to mend their failing marriage, the couple move into Remember
Sandra
Dec 26, 2015 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mais uma vez esta autora não desilude. É sempre um prazer ler os seus livros e este não é exceção! Gostei bastante da Menley e da sua família. O toque de sobrenatural deu mistério ao enredo, o que apreciei.
Gostei ainda de conhecer as histórias do passado. Quando ao assassino, não me surpreendeu...mas mesmo assim gostei muito da história. Esta é uma autora que toda a gente devia experimentar ler, mesmo aqueles que não costumam apostar em policiais!
Mariana
Lembrem-se de Mim (Remember House no original) é o primeiro policial-thriller que leio de Mary Higgins Clark. Enquanto recente apreciadora do género, confesso que o romance estimula facilmente a leitura graças ao ritmo ocular, espaçado e ligeiro, que o caracteriza e ao vocabulário francamente prático e de rápida absorção da autora. O suspense, por outro lado, é apenas o necessário para nos manter activos na leitura durante dois terços da obra, havendo uma quebra distinta no compasso da acção a p ...more
Jasbr
May 03, 2016 Jasbr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mary Higgins Clark ist einfach die Krimi-Queen für mich!
Auch dieses Buch hat mich wieder von Anfang an gefesselt: Denn nicht nur ein unglücklicher Tauchunfall passiert, bei dem man sich fragt, ob es auch wirklich nur ein Unfall war. Es passieren auch merkwürdige Dinge in einem alten Kapitänshaus, bei denen man verrückt zu werden scheint.
Die Autorin vermischt die beiden Erzählstränge geschickt miteinander, in dem sich die beteiligten Personen treffen und miteinander interagieren. So wird die Gesc
Mary
Dec 27, 2009 Mary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Menley Nichols will never forgive herself for her 2 year old son’s death. Even though it was an accident, Menley has been blaming herself for his death and hasn’t stopped having nightmares and thoughts of suicide. Married to a high-profile criminal lawyer, Adam Nichols, her marriage begins to fall apart. Trying to save his marriage, Adam decides to rent a house in Cape Cod taking Menley and their baby Hanah there. Menley, taking advantage of the situation, decides to write a book about the house ...more
Amanda McGill
Nov 30, 2016 Amanda McGill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Super impressed with Remember Me. I wasn't expecting a murder mystery novel that I couldn't put down!

There was a ton of moving parts in Remember Me. Scott and his wife Vivian are out sailing one day and decide to go scuba diving. A storm comes when they are down in the water and Vivian is swept into the ocean and is later found dead. One of the police officers is sure that this wasn't an accident. Minley and Adam are trying to overcome the tragic accident leading to the death of their son. They
Annie
Jul 09, 2009 Annie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was in the mood for a mystery and when I was in Providence, on my way to Cape Cod for the summer, this book was the first book I picked up when I was proozing in Salvation Army. It was really fun to read while I was in the Cape because a lot of the places, streets, restaurants they talked about, I knew where they were. It was a super easy read (almost equivalent to how I remember a Nancy Drew). I had trouble getting into it at first, especially since there were a lot of characters and the chap ...more
Aparna
Nov 23, 2016 Aparna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stars: 3 / 5
Recommendation: Looking for a thriller with chills, love, history and of course a murder, this is the one to pick.

Remember Me is a 1994 suspense thriller by Mary Higgins Clark. Another of her chilling novels that always send a shiver up your back. The plot this time around is set in Cape Cod, MA.

The book opens with Vivian Carpenter goes missing when she and her husband Scott Covey were hit by a five-foot wave while scuba diving in Chatham, MA. Her body was found two weeks later washe
Rou'a
أول قراءاتي للكاتبة ولن تكون الأخيرة إن شاء الله

الفكرة كبداية مطروقة عن البيوت المسكونة وربطها بالأمراض النفسية, مستوى اللغة أقل من المتوسط وهذا بطبيعة الحال ليس من أول العوامل التي أبحث عنها في رواية بوليسية ومن الواضح أن الترجمة مؤثرة بشكل فعلي على لغة الرواية فبانت ركيكة في بعض المواضع كما أزعجتني بعض الإخطاء الإملائية مثل انتقاص الهمزات وهو أمر يستفزني كثيراً على الرغم من أنه لم يؤثر على السرد والمعنى

أسلوب الكاتبة يبدو متأثراً بأسلوب أغاثا كريستي وأعترف أنها صدمتني في بعض الأحيان واستبقت الأ
Angelica Watson (psst! amrutha)
Mary Higgins Clark illustrates suspense and deception with perfect ease.
This is my first high-school book read, and I thoroughly enjoyed, right from the beginning until the very end. She reels more and more suspense into her novels with the turn of every page, making it impossible for you to keep the book the down. The unique combination of haunts, ghostly feelings and a detective criminal story line, makes this story a memorable one.

I will surely remember you ;)

Wonderfully written, can't wait t
Marnie
Dec 28, 2007 Marnie rated it liked it
Wendy
Feb 15, 2014 Wendy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
A spooky murder mystery set in Cape Cod. A lawyer takes a vacation at the Cape but then ends up taking on a high profile murder case. His wife is still trying to get over the loss of their two year old son. She keeps reliving the night she lost her son and is now worried about her baby Hannah. She tries to tell herself she is ok and immerses herself in writing a children's book set in the early days of the Cape. The book ends with climatic twist on a stormy night.
Ana Silva Rosa
May 20, 2013 Ana Silva Rosa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Prose style: 4
Plot: 5
Depth of characters: 4
Originality: 3
Entertaining: 4
Emotional Reaction: 4
Intellectual Stimulation: 5

As much as I liked the unexpected end, the whole story seemed to me a lot like the Rebecca's, by Daphne du Maurier, and that's the reason I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. But it was very interesting and captivated me from the beginning. The plot twist was just perfect!
Jenn
Oct 27, 2009 Jenn rated it it was ok
Shelves: mysteries
Mary Higgins Clark writes a good mystery, but this book was not one of her best. The storyline was excellent; however, too many viewpoints muddied the waters. Had she narrowed the field slightly, I would have it enjoyed it more. I also thought the ending was trite. How convenient that Menly would be descended from the daughter of the seafaring captain who built the house.
Stephanie Salmon
Jun 08, 2011 Stephanie Salmon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. This one is about Menley and Adam. Menley lost her two year old son in an accident, then had baby Hannah. They vacationed at Remember House on the Cape for the summer. Adam is a lawyer who represented Scott Covey who supposedly murdered his wife. Awesome twist at the end. Enjoyed the whole book.
Judie Dooley
Jul 07, 2014 Judie Dooley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is one of Mary Higgins Clark,s older books that somehow got pushed way back on my bookshelves at home. I'm glad I found it. Loved it as most of her books. A great psychological thriller that leaves you guessing right up to the end. If you like thrillers and haven't read this one yet I recommend you do. I think you'll enjoy it.
Sanjna Girish
Jul 15, 2011 Sanjna Girish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
It was absolutely spectacular, thrilling and electrifying!
Must read for anybody whose looking for a book with has suspense at every twist and turn!

Mary Higgin Clark truly is the Queen Of Suspense!
Looking forward to read the other ones she's written.
OngoingRain
Nov 28, 2014 OngoingRain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome, I didn't expect that ending.
Like always, she has blown my mind away with a beautiful but kind of dark and misterious story writen in a way that makes me feel inside of the plot, in the story.
Chantal
No ha estado mal, pero me ha parecido algo predecible. Y si se hubiera ahorrado la nota del final, mejor.
Jodi
Jan 06, 2016 Jodi added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: MCH fans
Enjoyable thriller to read over the holidays.
Alex
Jan 26, 2015 Alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of interesting characters and absorbing plot. Couldn't put this one down!
Seonhee Grace
Dec 28, 2007 Seonhee Grace rated it it was amazing
creepy! I couldn't look at this book at night. Hahaha.
Linda
Jul 03, 2012 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Only up to 10% so far but I have always loved this author so I hope I still do!
Kara
Jun 06, 2016 Kara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has been, by far, my favorite Mary Higgins Clark book! I highly suggest it!
HMSA Reads: Book Review: Remember Me 4 16 Aug 11, 2016 01:00PM
  • Silent Night: The Remarkable Christmas Truce of 1914
  • Hitched (Regan Reilly Mystery, #9)
  • Let Me Whisper In Your Ear (KEY News #3)
  • The Christmas Box
  • The Final Victim
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol Hig ...more
More about Mary Higgins Clark...