Start by marking “Head to Head (Nerds vs Jocks #3)” as Want to Read:
Head to Head (Nerds vs Jocks #3)

Head to Head

(Nerds vs Jocks #3)

If these two don't kill each other, they might fall in love.

Rand hates Jax because he’s the laid-back, vegan-eating, tree-hugging, total-Zen-until-I-get-a-chance-to-screw-you president of Sigma Mu Tau, the nerdy fraternity that’s the sworn enemy of Rand’s house, Alpha Lambda Alpha. What a phony!

Jax hates Rand for being the privileged, rich-heir-to-an-oil-empire, environmen
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 312 pages
Published May 25th 2021 by Easton Lain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Head to Head, please sign up.
Tara Lain Hi Safira -- I'm so sorry. It was supposed to be April 27th, however, due to some health issues for both Eli and me, we had to extend to May 25th. But…moreHi Safira -- I'm so sorry. It was supposed to be April 27th, however, due to some health issues for both Eli and me, we had to extend to May 25th. But it's coming and we hope will be totally worth the wait. Hugs!!(less)

Start your review of Head to Head (Nerds vs Jocks #3)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

Head to Head is the last, and in my opinion BEST, book in the Nerds vs. Jocks series. Despite not gravitating toward stories about college boys, I really enjoyed this three-part collaboration by Eli Easton and Tara Lain.

The animosity between Jax, super smart hipster dude and leader of the Nerds, and Rand, rich and handsome all American golden boy and leader of the Jocks, is legendary, and we see it in full-screen technicolor in the two previous books.

Jax and Rand are REAL enemies; they’ve
☆ Todd
Mar 16, 2021 marked it as maybe
Shelves: kindle-unlimited

BLURB & COVER (already live on Amazon pre-order page):

If these two don't kill each other, they might fall in love.

Jax hates Rand for being the privileged, rich-heir-to-an-oil-empire, environment-destroying, soul-sucking pres
Starla

“Do we have to go to Omaha? Can’t we just stay in this suite forever? They’ll find our sex-depleted bodies withered on the bed sometime in the future, and everyone will say what a way to go.”

This is basically how you feel reading this story. You just want to ignore all logic, and enjoy it without a care in the world.

The enemies part of the relationship fizzled out pretty fast, so I thought it would bore me, but it didn't. It felt a little instalove, but even if it was I didn't mind it, esp
Em Jay
3.25 ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Well babes, I'm actually at a loss on what to say about this installment. I didn't dislike it per se, but it feels like it's in another stratosphere from the series. Where books 1 and 2 are mostly OTT, horny, college shenanigans this is...well not that. It feels very serious™ in comparison. It also feels like I read 3 different books in one, but let me backtrack a bit.

The story follows SMT and ALA Fraternity President's Jax and Rand, aka sworn enemies, aka heated rivals, aka arch neme
ellie
this was a surprising read. i was hesitant at first bcos a lot of the reviews i had read were very polarising. so when that happens, i tend to lower my expectations and go in tentatively. and in the beginning, i will admit, i wasn’t fully enjoying myself. i was skeptical and neither Jax nor Rand were endearing to me. it wasn’t until they had a civil conversation when Rand rescues Jax that this really picked up for me.

neither Rand or Jax were what i was expecting. they were even better than id im
Julia
May 28, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I loved this three book series as a whole and I was really looking forward to Jax and Rand’s story, but it just fell a bit short for me, maybe because it was set outside of the college environment? Not sure really. Either way, it was good, but just not the best of the three.
Kk
Shelves: kindle_unlimited
A Generous 3 Stars 😕😜😕

What a hot mess...if you thought watching these two fight it out in other books was fun, that's the only enjoyment you will get. Honestly, I started out liking the book, but my opinion tanked as the chapters passed.

There is so much drama happening that its hard to find the romance. I had to double check to make sure it was supposed to be a romance story.

Rand is a confused doormat. He gets talked into so much by his father that he needs others(his aunt, Peyton, Jax, Jax's D
San
⭐ 5 "BETTER TOGETHER" STARS ⭐

We’ve been building up to Rand and Jax’s story over the course of two books now and I think readers will be surprised by how their story plays out! The glimpses we’ve gotten showed two people who couldn’t stand each other. Their every interaction was filled with tension and always resulted in verbal blows being delivered from both sides.These two were interesting from the get go and I had a theory that there was a shared past between Rand and Jax. That level of animo
Rielle
Jun 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Cute, sweet, and exactly what I expected and wanted from this adorable series.

I will admit, this book was 3 stars (or less) for almost the whole first quarter. I almost stopped reading I was so disappointed. As soon as Jax and Rand got to Jax’s parents house everything changed. It was like I was reading a different book. The rest of the book more than makes up for the slow beginning.

This series had some genuinely good people as MCs and that’s exactly how I’d describe Jax and Rand. They were good
Susana
May 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
Rand and Jax hate each other, so sharing a car seems a really bad idea… or maybe it is not?
Heads of rival frat houses, perfectly-coiffed jock Rand hates beanie-wearing nerd Jax on sight… They’ve been hating each other for years, until an unexpected circumstance forces them to share close quarters. All that hate turns then in an all-consuming passion, but will they be able to fit in each others lives? Or will their choices soon make them drift apart?
The third and last instalment of the
Roger - president of NBR United -
I received a copy of this book from Gay Romance Reviews and I have chosen to leave an honest review.

This is the last in the series, were the nerd frat and jock frat try to resolve their rivalry. and gay romance happens. This time it is the two presidents of the frats who are the main characters. Rand (jock) and Jax (nerd) are about as opposites as you can be on paper. but in real life they are very similar. Rand is the son and heir apparent of the founder of an oil company active in fracking, me
Lisa
May 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this! This entire series has been just so good, but Rand and Jax were just so fabulous together. After years of such a deep animosity between them, fate brings them together and the finally stop and take time to get to know each other. They slowly realize they both made some errors in judgment and what follows is such a sweet and wonderful love story. Their first kiss gave me butterflies, Jax's family made me smile from ear to ear, we got to revisit with old friends from books 1 and 2... ...more
Viki
May 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rommance, student
Despite the (what I look at as) not the most fortunate covers or the most "original" trope, this series is actually a really amazing, thoughtful, sweet but also realistic college-level gay romance.

The use of the term "jock" to refer to an athletic man is thought to have emerged around 1963.[2] It is believed to be derived from the word "jockstrap," which is an undergarment worn to support/protect the male genitals while playing sports.[5]

Jocks are often contrasted with another stereotype: nerds.
Josh Dale
Jun 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
So, in the third book in this series, we have the ultimate Enemies, forced to spend time together after Jax’s car breaks down.

These two young men could not be more different.

Jax the Nerd, from a big loving and supportive family and Rand from a rich powerful oil Barron, estranged from his sister, and used by his father as a face for his company.

The first thing you realise reading this book is that having piles of money, means nothing if you do not have people who love you around you.

These two can
Lena Grey
May 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Review: “It’s usually our opposites who complement us best, because they’re the only ones who can balance us out.” ~ ― Rachel Hollis, Party Girl

Jax of ‘Head to Head’ by Tara Lain and Eli Easton has never understood Rand’s hatred. He is usually a laid-back guy, typically kind to everyone. Yet, Rand’s constant attacks result in ongoing hostility between them. When a situation arises that shows him that Rand isn’t who Jax believes he is, things shift between them.

Jax is on his way home, driving an
Miranda
May 26, 2021 rated it it was ok
Amy B.
Jun 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Solid end to an enjoyable series

This isn’t my favorite series or my favorite book from this series, but it was cute and enjoyable.
The first two books were about the deal that the university Dean made- putting a jock on the Quiz Bowl team and putting a nerd on the flag football team. This one is about the two fraternity presidents and their unexplained hatred of one another. Or rather, Rand’s unexplained hatred of Jax.

The reasons for Rand’s immediate antipathy are explained as the two unexpected
K-Me
May 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Now this is friends to enemies the way I like it! I enjoyed that it took quite a few chapters for them to start really being able to see each in a different light. It is told from both of their POV and I have to say I really loved these first chapters of what they were thinking about each other! Rand's thoughts are hilarious! Both of them inspire so much anger in each other you just know that is going build into something positively emotional between them! It is Not insta love here, it is two yo ...more
blue night
Shelves: m-m, college
This was not the book I expected. Partially, the plotting was unusual for this series, with one character really needing to evolve in order for the story to evolve. But also, there was just a lot of stuff that felt out of sync. These two guys loved the environment, but did an amazing amount of air travel and driving anyway. The storyline with TL didn’t so much as resolve, but seemed to go back to baseline. The Peruvian forest piece was sort of outdated - colonialist science isn’t where the fundi ...more
Kel
Jun 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book. The characters are mainly in their own bubble a lot of the time. The ending was especially sweet when they went back to their alma mater. I liked Gilliam, Jax's dad, especially in that scene where they go through Rand's finances. Very reassuring and competent. Kinda reminds me of my dad and his lectures.

Can't wait for PJ and Felix next.
Cynthia Osborne
May 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Such an intriguing story. Rand and Jax hated one another from day one. As they get to know one another after a road break down and spending time talking instead of fighting.

I do recommend this highly.

I did receive an Arc for a review.
Kirsten Pullen
May 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
The best of the bunch. I liked that all the MCs took trips together, and visited at least one of their homes. I liked that the parents were always part of the story. Jax and Rand were the most mature of the 3 couples, and the writing improved with each book.
Karla
May 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Another solid read in the series between Rand the jock and Jax, the nerd. Readers of the series have seen the animosity between these two but who would guess that hate can turn so easily to love? This one is less focused on campus, Quiz Bowl and Flag Football and takes place during an accidental road trip between Jax and Rand. I hope the series continues with a new batch or jocks and nerds.
Julie
May 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fast Read, Fairy Tale Ending

Wow, that was a fast read! I’ve been waiting since the last book came out for this one! I kept expecting the situations to be *worse* than they actually turned out being but that wouldn’t have been in keeping with the lighter tone and humor. - Jax and Rand: I wondered how their relationship was going to pan out. It works. 😊
Allyn
May 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite of the Nerds vs. Jocks series! Rand and Jax have some serious chemistry, whether they’re trading barbs or falling in love with each other. I love the character development for both men, but Rand blossoms and truly finds himself thanks to Jax. There’s a lot happening in this one with graduation, complicated family situations, and long distance love, but the pacing works well. I also really enjoyed all of the secondary characters. Jax’s family is so wonderfully quirky and lovin ...more
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews
4.5 Stars

Head to Head is the third book in the Nerds vs Jocks series. This Eli Easton and Tara Lain series is absolutely fabulous.

Jax and Rand make for a fun read overall. They're enemies at the start, but that doesn't last too long. They're complete opposites, not only in their personalities, but also in their upbringings.

There's more to the storyline that I expected. Enemies. Missing sister. Family issues. Homophobia. And more.

This one is different from the other books, as most of the stor
Sarah Fuller
May 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
For two books the legendary rivalry and hatred by both Rand and Jax grew and now we get the answers. This such a great end to this really wonderful trilogy. And the ending was supreme. A fun enemy to lovers/close proximity romance.

Much of this book is Rand coming into his own. He wants to focus on environmental management and help move his father’s company into the green future, much to his father’s annoyance. His father is controlling, and a master manipulator. Often Rand doesn’t even realize
~~ preeti~~
May 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 ✨
Both the previous books of series mainly focused on the rivalry between frat groups SMT and ALA. But this book had a completely different setting from the last two books.
'Rand' a super-rich son of an Oil tycoon and a jock hated the super zen, hipster 'Jex' from the very start. This hatred was reciprocated and then further fuelled by the age-old fraternity rivalry. Then both Rand and Jex were forced into proximity on a road trip. They get to know each other more and found how similar they ar
E.Muddle
May 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
Well, this was much sweeter than I was expecting. But, not in a bad way at all! The hatred between Jax and Rand is actually resolved pretty early on in the story, and from then on, there is nothing stopping their attraction to one another. After they learn to look beyond appearances and prejudice, years of secret longing can finally be acted upon. It was perhaps a little surprising just how tender and affectionate they were with one another, but it’s something I loved and thought suited their ch ...more
Bipasha |thewittylogophile
2.5 ⭐

I have mixed feelings regarding this book. I have been curious to read about Rand and Jax since I read the first book of the series. But alas it didn't come anywhere near the expectations.

The initial chapters were long and draggy which was not at all needed. Then after that, the forced proximity part part was supposed to be sizzling but again failed to show the chemistry between these two.

I liked that Jax was a humble guy and was an easy going person but somehow mentioning the word 'Gratit
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
See top shelves…
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, the author of paranormal mysteries, a game designer, an organic farmer, an avid hiker, and a profound sleeper, Eli is happily embarking on yet another incarnation as a m/m romance author.

As an addicted reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast sto

Nerds vs Jocks (3 books)
  • Schooling the Jock (Nerds vs Jocks, #1)
  • Coaching the Nerd (Nerds vs Jocks, #2)