Jump to ratings and reviews

Devilbend Dynasty #3

Like You Should

𝐹𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝐼𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑛𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑎𝑙 𝐵𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑢𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑟 𝐾𝑎𝑦𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑆𝑛𝑜𝑤, 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑡-𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙 𝑜𝑓 𝑠𝑢𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑏𝑖𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑛 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑡.

𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐰
My life is a mess.

No plans for the future, constantly disappointing everyone, and now some creep is threatening me, making me do reprehensible things.

Oh! And a teacher is somehow involved too. Easton Monroe is strict, aloof, and not at all what everyone at school thinks he is. The more I dig beneath his neat shirts and disapproving frowns, the more I catch feelings for the complicated man.

I have to figure him out – before we do something we’ll both regret.

𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧
My life is a lie.

In a job I can’t stand, alone and miserable, the anonymous psycho blackmailing me is the only person I speak to regularly.

In case I didn’t have enough to stress about, a student is being targeted by the same psycho. Harlow Mead is stubborn, brave and so much more than she lets people see. She’s determined to fight and more beguiling the more I get to know her.

I have to get us out of this deadly situation – before I ruin us both.

Paperback

14 books1,216 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 30 of 113 reviews
Profile Image for Angie.
1,010 reviews119 followers
March 15, 2021
The urge to protect this young, naïve girl in my arms was so strong it almost brought me to my knees. I didn't know Harlow Mead, but she didn't deserve this--neither of us did--and I would do everything in my power to keep her safe.

5+ Forbidden stars!!

Holy shit, y'all. This was my very first book by Kaydence Snow (yes, I read books out of order so don't hate me), and it blew my freaking mind. I was not expecting to love it as much as I did, but I could not put this one down once I started it. Seeing as one of my favorite series ever has a student/teacher trope, I'm always on the lookout for other student/teacher novels to devour, which is why I decided to pick this one up. And I am so glad I did because I loved every single thing about this novel!
When we emerged into the crisp night, he didn't let go--and neither did I. He made me feel tethered when all I wanted was to let myself float away into despair and defeat.

In the beginning of this novel, we meet Harlow Mead, a computer genius who attends a school for the elite. Even though she is surrounded by her friends and family, she is alienated by Ocean1k, an anonymous blackmailer who is forcing her to do illegal hacking in order to protect her sister's reputation. Harlow will do anything to protect her older sister, and so she silently obeys whatever Ocean1k requests...until fate brings her a companion to share in her misery.
"You are not an idiot, Harlow. You are my weakness and my strength."

Easton Monroe is living a life he hates. He's doing a job he hates simply to make his parents happy, teaching snooty rich kids who don't take their education seriously. And to top it off, he's being blackmailed by Ocean1k in order to protect his brother who's pissed off the wrong people. One night, Ocean1k brings Easton and Harlow together, and he vows to protect her, along with his brother, at all costs. The more Easton and Harlow work together to discover who Ocean1k is and take them down permanently, the more they get to know and depend on each other. Despite all of the obstacles keeping them apart, they can't help but fall for one another...if only they can stay alive long enough to fall in love.
And then he kissed me, and my eyes flew open to look into his stormy ones. The kiss was firm, determined, his hands clutching me as though I might do exactly what he'd told me to do--leave.

I cannot even express how much I loved this book! It had everything for me--a steamy and forbidden romance, a strong and kickass heroine, a swoony and tatted hero, and plenty of danger and unknowns to keep the plot moving. The plot reminded me of the TV show (and series) Pretty Little Liars, and I just loved the mystery and hidden danger aspect of this novel so much. Easton was such a swoony and perfect hero as well; he was protective, supportive, and coolly disarming and would sacrifice anything for those he loved. I am so glad I took a chance on this book, and I look forward to more from Kaydence! ♡

My Easton Monroe, full of contradictions and his love for Harlow....

*ARC provided by GMB promo, and I voluntarily reviewed it*
Profile Image for Melluvsbooks.
1,052 reviews
Shelved as 'dnf'
December 12, 2022
DNF @ 8% - I can already tell this isn’t gonna be my jam. The 17 year old pampered gamer girl is made out to not only be her teacher’s equal but is already topping him. 👀🙄🙄🙄🙄 Give me a break.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Jennifer Hinson.
493 reviews115 followers
April 5, 2021
I was done lying to myself and pretending I wasn’t hot for teacher. I never in a million years expected that teacher might be hot for me too.

description

Like You Should is the third installment of the Devilbend Dynasty, featuring the student teacher romance between Harlow Mead and Easton Monroe. She has always been the disappointment, living in her sister’s perfect shadow with no plans for the future or any desire to really figure it out. If her life couldn’t get any worse, she’s being blackmailed into doing an anonymous psycho’s bidding. And now she realizes the hottest teacher at her school is being blackmailed too. She’s always thought he was too strict, too uptight.....but the more she learns about him the more she sees he’s nothing like she thought. He wants to protect her, she just wants him. When the lines are blurred and they are faced with the choice, will they be able to escape the grasp of their faceless enemy without destroying each other in the process?

I really loved Like You Care but my devotion to hating Donna Mead prevented me from loving Like You Hurt like I could’ve, especially when I consider just how much I adored Hendrix. But I’ve never let one bad apple ruin a series or an author for me, so I found myself eager to get to know Harlow more in Like You Should.....plus I really can’t say no to a delicious student teacher romance.
description
Harlow and Easton did not disappoint, delivering a story that was both a sexy as hell slow burn and a exciting page turner. It didn’t just depend on the romance aspect of the plot (although that was solid in itself), she created an entire sub-plot of sorts that could’ve stood on its own too (just not as a romance). This one is a keeper.

“Harlow, I can’t stand the thought of you in danger, the thought of losing you.” My voice broke, and I had to force steel down my spine. Now was not the time to fall apart. “I just found you.”

The Good:
If you read my review of Like You Hurt, you know I HATED me some Donna.....
description
.....I couldn’t contain my excitement when I realized very early on that Harlow was no Donna. She was so relatable in ways that her sister was not.....
It was hard not to feel inadequate next to their perfection.
description
.....the way she was so far from “perfection” and she didn’t care to try. There is something about a heroine that just wants to protect those she loves the most, just wants for once to not be the one who needs taking care of.....I admired it AND my high school self related.

As for Easton (Mr. Monroe is you’re nasty), like all the Devilbend male MCs there was a lot to like about him too. He didn’t play games, didn’t do the whole hot and cold thing with Harlow.....and any character that stands up to Donna......
“And if you think your sister is still a kid, you don’t know her as well as you think. She’s an incredible, brave, determined woman, and she’ll never be too old for me because I intend to grow old with her.”
.....well they get an A+ in my gradebook.

But what keeps this series as one of my newest favorites is the phenomenal list of support characters.....some familiar faves like my crazy girl Amaya.....
“It doesn’t matter that he’s mean. We’re in a privileged, exclusive school,” Amaya drawled. “Half the student body has daddy issues. Hell, I’d let him bend me over his desk and spank me with his ruler too.”
description
.....and new ones like the equally crazy Ford.....
“She’s got the perfect reason now.” He wiggled his eyebrows at me, then at her, then drank more milk while lifting his T-shirt and gyrating his hips.
description
....in this one they came together more than ever to prove they are a true family, there for each other through thick and thin no matter what.

As for the rest......the connection was believable, the chemistry and sexiness was present, and the plot may not have been totally realistic BUT it was exciting and kept me invested. This one wasn’t as emotional or touching as the first one, but it ended up being my favorite of the three simply because it’s the one I enjoyed the most.

The Bad:
Now for the bad, which wasn’t necessarily any sort of dealbreakers for me but need to be addressed nonetheless.....the first being how Easton’s chapters were worded. He’s 23 and well educated so I knew he wouldn’t speak like a typical 23 yo college student or something. But at times his POV (or inner monologue) went a tad overboard with the purple prose/poetry which kinda made it a little cheesy. Here are some lovely examples:
I asked, looking at her lasciviously as I darted my tongue out and gave her clit a quick lick.
My dick twitched, demanding to be inside that heavenly heat, but I resisted.
Her plump lips responded to mine immediately, and I let myself enjoy the sensual kiss.

description
.....it just got to be a bit much.

Another issue I had was some of the unrealistic situations that went down.....
Like the time that in the middle of imminent danger, Ford decides to risk making it far worse just to make sure Harlow’s ego can be stroked.....
Ford jumped to my defense. “She’s much more than mediocre, and you know it. She’s going to be better than you and me both one day.”
description
.....or how someone can drop out of high school (or why they would a few months before graduating) and yet somehow get a pretty prestigious IT job.

And then we have one of the biggest crimes known in the tattoo world, for a tattoo artist to refer to their tattoo machine as a GUN.....
description
....seriously, this is like one of the worst things you can do so having a character refer to it as a gun more than once made me cringe.

And the final big “bad”, the freaking ending. I mean I get it......there will be another one with what I assume will be Amaya’s installment, but it just felt a little too unfinished, a little too sudden.
description
I thought I was missing the rest, and I even went back and compared how the other two concluded as well. While they all might’ve ended in similar ways, the other two did so in a way that even if I didn’t read the next installment I had a satisfying ending....this one still left me with questions. I didn’t like it.

The Verdict:
description
Like You Should brought me back to the love I felt for Like You Care, gifting me TWO MCs I could love and a story I could get behind. Not only was it a hot teacher student romance, it created a suspense that kept me guessing until the very end (because there will be questions still unanswered). It wasn’t perfect, but with my girl Amaya up next I have a feeling the best is yet to come. If you haven’t experienced Devilbend Dynasty, I recommend remedying that ASAP.

It was a good day, and we’d deal with all the bad ones together.

description
Profile Image for Alison.
1,067 reviews50 followers
July 11, 2021
Stars: 4
Length: Full Length
POV: Dual
Series: Devilbend Dynasty Book 3 (Stand Alone but Connected)
Ending: HEA
Re-read? No

“So many of our choices had been taken from us lately. I wanted her to have this one. I wanted her to choose me, because I’d already chosen her. I was only just allowing myself to own it.”

Full disclosure, I haven’t read any of the other Devilbend Dynasty books and I don’t intend to. They don’t seem bad, I’m just into the student/teacher dynamic and most of the time, high school romances just don’t do it for me. The author did give me some hysterical high school gems though such as, “Dodgeball was for commoners. At Fulton Academy we did equestrian for physical education.”

That being said, I was able to read this book as a stand alone without too much trouble. However, there is a much larger, arcing storyline and if you want that you’ll have to read all the books.

The concept for this student teacher romance was unique to be sure. The two are being blackmailed and cross paths that way. They have seen each other in the halls at school but haven’t really given each other more than a passing thought. Their love really develops as they spend time together working on bringing down whoever is blackmailing them. It’s not some classroom crush that grows which I found really interesting. In fact, Easton pretty much hates teaching. He calls the kids miscreants more than once and his internal dialogue had me laughing out loud:

“Oh, you think The Great Gatsby is a critique of the American dream? Really? No shit.”

The story was full of twists and turns and the usual teacher struggling with crossing that line. The red herring they throw out as the blackmailer is so obviously not the person that it kept me looking and guessing for who did it and I figured it out. I think if the red herring wasn’t that obvious I would have been surprised.

As previously mentioned, there are lots of references to the other books but I was able to get through it and figure it out with hardly any trouble. It’s an interesting student teacher read, if not a little long. Harlow and Easton really belonged together and you get the satisfaction of seeing them both end up exactly where they should be, without anyone else’s expectations pushing them in other direction. They both grow together.
Profile Image for Amy [Book Addict Reviews].
1,992 reviews149 followers
March 17, 2021
From page one Like You Should sucked me in and I couldn’t put it down. I had to know who was behind everything and the delicious slow burn of Harlow and Easton’s relationship was addictive.

Harlow is rather talented when it comes to hacking and she crosses paths with a mysterious individual and finds herself doing not so legal activities to protect her sister, Donna. She thought she was working alone, until one night she crosses path with someone else who is also under Ocean1K’s control. That someone else also happens to be a teacher at her school. They quickly start to work together to find out who Ocean1K is and to put an end to everything that are doing.

The chemistry between Harlow and Easton is intense from the start and it just kept getting hotter and hotter as the story progressed. While Harlow is a student, Easton was never her teacher so they didn’t cross paths in that aspect but just the fact he was a teacher lead to some hesitancy of their connection every growing to something more. You can only fight that for so long before sparks start flying and do they ever!

From the heat and passion and the forbidden aspect of this story to all the suspense, plus an amazing group of characters this one is a MUST READ and my favorite book of the series.

If you’re looking for a student/teacher romance that is full of suspense this is one to read!
Profile Image for Kärt.
150 reviews22 followers
March 22, 2021
Loved this! All the intrigue, the sneakiness, the forbidden romance. Fab!

I've really enjoyed getting to know all these characters more. Love how intricate the author has made their life and their personalities as well. They're all so strong in their own way and this series definitely makes you believe that you can achieve and get through anything.

I'm not much of a rereader, but I definitely plan to read these all over again! Still remember how the first book of the series destroyed me!
Profile Image for Renée.
730 reviews88 followers
March 26, 2021
Like You Should by Kaydence Snow is the third book in the Devilbend Dynasty series. This secret filled story is about Harlow and her forbidden student teacher romance...and the secret isn’t that obvious.

I enjoyed Harlow’s character more than her sister Donna and possible even Mena’s.

*If you have concerns about the age of Harlow, this is clearly confirmed in the first chapter that she’s 18.

Note: Again this story could almost be read as a stand-alone, but the first two books should be read just to get a feel for the characters. The stories do interconnect with the characters, but there’s no requirement to have read the first book as the main characters are different. Each book also has a different trope:
1. Like You Care - bully romance
2. Like You Hurt - enemies to lovers
3. Like You Should - student teacher romance
Profile Image for Bookiechick  Reviews.
653 reviews14 followers
March 13, 2021
Actual rating 4.5
Yasss!
Another knock out by Kaydence in this series, I’m seriously obsessed.
I didn’t know how she was going to top the last book but she did. There were somethings in the previous book I didn’t think she was going to have in this series but she did and now this one? OMG!
I love me a good taboo/forbidden romance. And student/teacher, is one of my favourite. Harlow had more to her than I originally thought. I thought I had her figured out in the last book but really, that was nothing. I think she’s my new favourite, I love her. Both characters are written incredibly well and both show that what you see isn’t always what you get. Their gravitational pull towards each other and chemistry was sizzling and undeniable. I really enjoyed how they compliment each other but also give something to the other that they could learn from and grow with.
Some unexpected twists and turns which made the story all the more exciting. There’s nothing worse than a story that’s predictable and drab and this was far from it. I like how we still see characters from the previous books. I’d love for them to be in them more but I love the glimpses. It shows that even though the story isn’t there’s they are still apart of the whole.
I love this series. I hope we get more!
Profile Image for Sharon Mariampillai.
1,964 reviews85 followers
July 18, 2021
This was an incredible read. I loved this student-teacher romance. The story revolves around Harlow and Easton. I thought the story was intriguing because of the blackmail concept than the romance. The suspense drew me in right at the beginning of the story and had my attention throughout the whole story. The romance just topped the cake for me. Easton Monroe is the teacher of this story. I thought he was sexy, smart and protective. I loved how much he tried to resist Harlow, but in the end, he knew he couldn’t. I really loved how he was written. Harlow Mead is the student in the story, but she was one of my favourite female leads. I loved her personality. Although she is stubborn, she is loyal and loving to her friends and family. She does whatever she can to protect them, and I loved that about her. The romance was very sweet. They have amazing chemistry. The ending was perfect. Also, I hope that there will be more to their story. Overall, an amazing read.
Profile Image for SCBookAddict.
618 reviews42 followers
March 16, 2021
If you haven't read the Devilbend Dynasty series, you are seriously missing out!

Like You Should is the third book in this series and it's Harlow's story. As soon as I started reading, I felt as if I never left.

I didn't think it could get any steamier after Like You Hurt (Donna's story) but Kaydence Snow proved me wrong.

Harlow is being threatened by an unknown figure and in order to appease this person(s), she has to do their will.

Easton is a teacher at Harlow's school and is being threatened by the same one(s) that Harlow is.

This story was addictive to read! These two aren't instant-connects. It’s a slow burn, angsty AF, suspenseful read.

I was pretty sure I had figured out the identity of who was threatening Harlow and Easton, but the author wrote it in a way that I couldn't be 100% positive. She kept me in my toes in that aspect.

There is a large suspenseful connection between the series as a whole but each story stands on its own and can be read as a standalone.

Kaydence Snow did an amazing job at writing this story and I can't wait to see what's in store for Devilbend next!
Profile Image for Michelle Krystel .
1,867 reviews42 followers
March 20, 2021
I was given an advance readers copy of this book and have decided to write a voluntary honest review. I am truly loving this series, I love the girls and the guys. The bond that Harlow abd Donna share is such a special sister bond. Not everyone has it. Harlow is loyal, brave, strong, and her hacking skills are incredible. I never pictured her getting mixed up with a teacher. Easton is so not your average teacher, I mean he's young, hot, tattooed. But he's also like Harlow, loyal, protective. I love the bond him and Ford have. I really hope Ford gets a book, maybe with Amaya.
Profile Image for Tika.
396 reviews9 followers
March 28, 2021
*I received an ARC copy of Like You Should from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Well, well, well. Looks like baby Mead is just as badass as her sister. I absolutely loved reading Harlow's story! I really liked the plot, and Easton, omg 🤤

It had all the aspects that I enjoyed from the first two books in the series, plus the addition of some new faces and new challenges for the #DevilbendDynasty crew. Reappearances from Mena, Donna and Amaya were very welcome and I really liked Ford too.

Cannot wait for Like You Know...which has to be Amaya's story?!

Keep up the awesome work Kaydence!
Profile Image for Karja26.
982 reviews
March 20, 2021
And we are back with the #DevilBendDynasty a series I cannot get enough of.

The mystery surrounding Bestlyf continues and we have Harlow (Hack genius and Donna’s sister) with Easton a newbie teacher at Fulton Academy and Tattoo artist (not a combo you see everyday). They are led on a Merry chase by an operative, but also they begin to slowly foil their evil plans and feelings between the 2 develop and are intense and 🔥🔥

Can’t wait for Amaya’s story and possibly the entry of a new student 🤔🤔
Profile Image for Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog.
3,647 reviews111 followers
August 15, 2021
4 Stars!

Kaydence Snow is a brand spanking new to me author and what a ride this was. This trope is not my usual type at all in romance, but there was something about those blurbs and those covers that just pulled me in and y'all, I'm super glad I took a chance.

Like You Should is the third book in the Devilsbend Dynasty series (loving every book so far!) and y'all, this is probably my favorite so far in this series. Harlow and Easton were so worth everything in a whole lot of ways and their journey? Packed with all the heat, suspense, all the feels, steam, angst, drama, and forbidden need that'll have you glued to the pages and racing as fast as you can through their story.

Seriously run don't walk to grab this new release up and make sure you start from the beginning because you'll appreciate the journey and characters that much more.

I recommend this book.

Reviewed for Renee Entress's Blog.
Profile Image for Maddie (Bookaholic_Dreamer).
597 reviews38 followers
4.25/4.5 ⭐️

Like You Should is the third book from the Devilbend Dynasty series by Kaydence Snow. Told through dual POV by Harlow and Easton.

Harlow Mead has always been a computer whiz, especially when it comes to her hacking skill. But unfortunately it leads her into a situation that takes a turn for the worse, when she starts to get blackmailed into doing things she wouldn’t ever do. But with her sister Donna’s reputation and life on the line, how can she stop and not give in? Especially when she finds herself in situation with Mr Easton Monroe, a school teacher of all people.

Easton Monroe may be a teacher, but he hates it. His passion is tattoos, which he does on the weekends. On a night out for a job he must do from a blackmailer (who has been blackmailing him) he stumbles upon Harlow Mead of all people. The more bidding they do, the more closer he gets to her. But that’s a line he can’t cross, especially since their lives are already on the line. And with this forbidden feelings it can only get worse.

I loved getting to know more about Easton and Harlow on a deeper level. Especially Harlow, since she wasn���t at all who or what I was expecting. Seeing as I actually always thought she was the smart and brainy one, to see that wasn’t the case had me pleasantly surprised.
As for Easton the more I learnt about him, the more I couldn’t help but fall for him. And given everything he had been through and done, the more I could see he was the perfect counter part for Harlow.

This book was an extremely tantalising slow burn if there ever was one, when it came to Easton and Harlow’s relationship. It was honestly pure torture watching them dance around one another, knowing they wanted each other but couldn’t/wouldn’t because of it’s prohibited. However the illicit element made it that much hotter and steamier! Like a forbidden fruit you want but can’t have.
There was just something about the slow pace of their relationship that was alluring and had you reeling in. To watch it all play out in slow motion.
I mean the simple looks/stares/glances (on the outside) and few words exchanged between Easton and Harlow was so much more than they let on. You could truly see and feel the full heat and passion behind it all.
I honestly just could not get enough of the two, especially when they finally would come together and give in. It was even more HOTTER, ALLURING, SULTRY, STEAMY and SEXY. These two were it and definitely made to be together.

The story did not disappoint, it had mystery with Easton and Harlow playing the game of Ocean1K and never knowing what’s to come or will happen next. Drama, with all the road blocks and issues they encounter throughout from friends, families and enemies. Suspense, when it comes to getting caught with their growing relationship. And having to lay in wait for answers about or from Ocean1K as well as about BestLyf.
Honestly the book had it all to keep you gripped on wanting to read more. Especially when the big mystery was revealed, even though I can’t say I was surprised. Since I had suspected it for awhile, and to have it confirmed upon the reveal definitely had me yelling out “I knew it, I guessed it” and “I was right!” It was still crazy to find out what, why and how it all came to be!

My only issues were the climax wasn’t as big as I hoped, it just felt anticlimactic and a little predictable of how it all went down and played out. I just wasn’t surprised, shocked or blown away by it, like I hoped or expected.
There was also the issue of a lot being left unsaid and unanswered. Like I had some many questions that I wanted answers too, but never got. I am hoping though they we will receive those answers in the final book hopefully.

Overall, I enjoyed the book seeing as it was a Student/Teacher trope, which happens to be a guilty pleasure of mine. But also Kaydence did a great job with telling Harlow and Easton’s story. I would definitely recommend, especially if you have read the other books in the Devilbend Dynasty series. I can’t wait to see how the final book Amaya’s story in Like You Know will play out. Especially since I hope to get my answers with the bigger picture of the story within the series that is BestLyf!

*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
370 reviews1 follower
March 17, 2021
Baby Mead gets her own book! - This is book 3 of the Devilbend Dynasty series and follows Harlow Mead, younger sister of Donna Mead from book 2. I love that Hendrix has coined her Baby Mead and I think it fits her perfectly because Harlow is a sweet little tech-nerd and the baby of her family.

"If it walks like a hacker and quacks like a hacker..."

Harlow Mead is an unusual character that you don't often see given her background, but I loved her. Although she's privileged, she's not your stereotypical rich girl who has no cares for anyone but herself. Harlow is a sweetheart overall and isn't necessarily interested in your usual high school girl type things, BUT, she can definitely bring out the claws and be little miss high society if she needs to!

"I already said I don't need you. Run along" She actually shooed me with both hands, as if I were a racoon."

I couldn't stop laughing at that quote. Harlow is used to be babied, most especially by her sister, so when Easton tries to do the same, she's not having any of it, not when her family is at risk. Although young and not necessarily gifted in school, she's smart and funny in her own way and it was nice to see her slowly begin to realise and be told that throughout the book. She feels a lot of pressure to do well in school and be like Donna, but I loved that Donna in particular was one of her biggest champions and also that she does look up to Donna even though there's less than a year's age gap.

Easton on the other hand is an older brother and a teacher at Harlow's school, so he's used to responsibility. "I'd always been a cautious driver. I'd never done a screech in my life." This quote again made me laugh and I thought it was perfect for the buttoned up persona he shows to his parents and at school. One of the main things I liked about his character in particular, is how we actually got to see his feelings for Harlow develop.

The teacher-student trope is very much a forbidden one, but can sometimes be ruined by not really having a plot or being quite cyclic in terms of the characters wanting each other because of their looks initially. But with Easton, we got to see how he didn't initially have these inappropriate feelings for a student at his school, they gradually built up as they were spending more time together outside of a school environment. We did have to wait a fair while to see any real action between these two, so I would say it is relatively slow burn, but it worked with the storyline and we still got little snippets of kisses or more action here and there.

The unconventional way he meets Harlow outside of school was a little unrealistic but I loved it. This book and the previous ones in this series were giving me series Gossip Girl mixed with Scooby Doo vibes lool. It's all very much cloak and dagger in LYS as both Easton and Harlow are being blackmailed into doing things they don't want to, in order to save people they loved. People in these books need to start taking Turner and his dad more seriously, because BestLyf is 100% a cult and is up to something shady! It was very interesting though to see the plot in this book play out. Although I did guess some of the 'twists' in this book, it still kept me in suspense, especially when Easton, Harlow and the rest of their gang pull off their little heist.

Again, we get to see a lot of interaction with the main side characters which I've really been enjoying. We also meet some new characters in this book, including Finn, Easton's younger brother, who I am dying to learn more about! When he was first brought up, I actually didn't think I was going to like him as his character seemed a bit aloof towards Easton. However, my opinion very quickly changed and I am loving his cocky, cheeky personality. His antics with Harlow made me laugh and it was cute to see both of them being computer geeks together and getting on really well lol. Likewise, Harlow's little gaming night with Hendrix and Turner was so cute, I loved that their whole group was really close and the boys getting along with her was adorable. Also, Hendrix's little comment about babies to Donna made me laugh.

Another really good addition to the series. I think Hendrix and Donna still take number one spot for me, but Harlow and Easton come in at a close second. I imagine Amaya's story will be next which is definitely going to be interesting as she's the type of person who isn't afraid to speak her mind.

*I received this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for The Romantic Rush Blog.
1,569 reviews734 followers
March 19, 2021
Welcome back to the world of the Devil’s Bend Dynasty- full of a feisty and loyal girl gang I just can’t get enough of and an addictive world where typical teenage angst meets soapy danger and suspenseful mystery. Secrets, twists and turns, evil plots, and first love antics- all just a typical day in Devil’s Bend. But, Like You Should has some extra sparkle since the relationship here is far more taboo- a teacher and student, caught up in a dangerous plot that forces them together.

I’ve been so excited for Harlow’s story, because of all the Devil’s Bend girls she’s always been the biggest mystery to me. She’s not as loud and flashy as Amaya or Donna, nor as emotional open as Mena- she keeps her cards close. And now, Kaydence exposes her secrets as we discover Harlow has found herself coerced into a plot much bigger than her- one that forces her to cross ethical and legal lines to protect her family. Subject to the machinations of her mysterious puppet master, she finds herself partnering with an unexpected ally- Easton, the sexy, tatted teacher as her elite high school who has also been blackmailed into serving the plot of their shared enemy.

This is by far my favorite Kaydence couple to date. I adore Harlow- ADORE her. She’s every bit as fierce and powerful as her sister, but Kaydence creates a power in a totally different way. Her bravery and strength come from her quiet resolve, her stoic loyalty, and her unflinching ability to extemporize solutions in the face of seemingly unsolvable situations. She’s also just incredibly likable in her easy going patience- she’s just incredibly level and steady, admirable in this crazy, dramatic situation they are in. And Easton is SO SWOONY. His integrity, his protective instincts and moral compass, make him such a dreamy hero. I love that he’s supportive of Harlow- that despite their age and gender he treats her as a partner. And man is SEEEXY.

The way Kaydence builds their chemistry is really smart. His pull to Harlow comes from a place of care and support at first- the need to protect an innocent- but he too starts to admire her. There is such an ease and comfort in their connection- they really build this steady friendship. They see and understand each other in ways that others don’t- and they find comfort in understanding each other. Safety and care. So much so, that this really didn’t feel very taboo at all- danger and friendship beget a romantic connection, one that both aren’t expected but surprisingly lean into. They find strength in one another.

I truly love this couple and story, but the ending seemed a bit rushed to me. The romance is a slower burn (which makes sense given the taboo nature), so we have a lot of anticipation for both the coupling and what we know will be a big climatic moment with their shared foe. The big reveal felt a but underwhelming to me, and when the story concluded I felt like I was missing a few chapters because we have so many unanswered questions and loose ends. Of course, some of those loose ends have to do with the overarching plot of this series, but some felt more particular to this couple/their story, and I’d liked a bit more HEA time and a bit more mystery resolution. But, truly, the story overall was fantastic, and a great 5 star read for me until the conclusion. I still loved them and this story despite wanting a bit more resolution.

Overall, a great story- and again, my fav couple to date in this series. We’ve still got SO many answers to figure out with the bigger plotline around Best Lyfe- and I know Amaya is going to surprise us all with her story!

1,894 reviews38 followers
March 19, 2021
Like You Should is a student/teacher romance, but it's worth noting that Harlow is 18, Easton only 23, and he's not *her* teacher -- just teaches at the same elite academy where she attends.

Going into this book, I didn't have much of an opinion of Harlow based on her appearances in the previous ones. She was just kind of a background player, but she really comes into her own in Like You Should. She was always Donna's little sister who needed taking care of, but now she's trying to take care of her big sister. Even if it means doing shady, illegal things to protect Donna's wild past from coming to light. I *really* liked Harlow. Whereas I found Donna to be a bully and a mean girl in her book, I thought Harlow was fiercely loyal to her family and selfless. Sure, she was being coerced into breaking and entering among other things, but she was doing it to protect her big sister. Harlow always put herself down as being stupid, but I found her to be full of street smarts and a strong heroine.

Then there's Easton. Cold, uptight Mr. Monroe is actually a weekend tattoo artist, full of ink and a pretty sweet guy to boot. He's cold at school because he hates being there. He, too, is being coerced to do shady things, and it's all to protect his little brother, Ford. He tries so hard to distance himself from Harlow, but there's a strong connection there that he can't deny. Even though he's not her teacher, Easton tries to do the right thing and not compromise either of their reputations.

But as Easton, Harlow and Ford work together to try to uncover the identity of their mysterious blackmailer, Easton learns that there is much more to Harlow than the bratty rich girl he originally thought she was, and she discovers that there's nothing he wouldn't do to protect those who matter to him... and that includes her. I thought these two were wonderful together... I really think they are my favorite couple of this series so far!

Like You Should can be read as a standalone, but there is an ongoing storyline with a mysterious self-help group called BestLyfe that has continued through all three books so far. Somehow — I'm sure of it! — the hacker who was blackmailing Easton and Harlow is connected to BestLyfe, but that was mysteriously dropped as soon as Ocean's identity was revealed. But I trust Kaydence Snow has the resolution to it all planned out for Amaya's book, coming next! And can we PLEASE get a book for Ford??

I received an advanced copy and voluntarily left a review.
Profile Image for Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance).
1,446 reviews41 followers
March 15, 2021
Amazing! I love this new addition to the Devilbend Dynasty!

I have been hooked on Kaydences books from the beginning, but each one gets better and better! Like You Should is dripping with suspense and lots of slow burning heat, I loved everything about this book!

Easton and Harlow have been sucked into a sick plot that neither of them know how to get out of. Originally working alone to pull off jobs for someone calling themselves Ocean1K. They both have been blackmailed if they didn't go through with whatever task has been asked of them. Things turn up a notch when both Easton and Harlow end up called to break and enter a home together after which their lives are never quite the same.

Neither Harlow or Easton had any idea that anyone else would be in the other's shoes and to make matters worse, Easton is a teacher at Harlow's school, he could turn her in or visa versa. Luckily they both see their predicament and decide to work together to bring down Ocean1K before things escalate even more, but in that decision they never thought feelings would come into play, especially considering their student/teacher status. Their entire world is messed up enough, but how do you stop the heart from getting involved when it knows what it wants?

Harlow was an amazing heroine, considering she had Donna and Mena to live up to. I really respected the heck out of her. Harlow is the girl that everyone likes; the easy going friend to other guys, all the girls, she is just the everyday girl that makes it easy to gravitate towards. I loved this easy nature about her and that she brought that easiness out in Easton as well. A man who seemed kind of grouchy to everyone else. She's a really good fit to a man that didn't seem comfortable in his own skin.

This entire story is full of turns and twists and lots of steamy heat, but I do want to throw it out there, just in case someone has trouble with the teacher/student boundary - Easton and Harlow stir the chemistry like nothing else, but they are both very aware of the ramifications of what could happen to either one of them should borders be crossed. Kaydence doesn't jump into this subject without thinking through every detail and I love how she went about it, this is what makes her books AMAZING!! That's all I'm going to say so there are no spoilers...so please enjoy!

One last thing - so many excellent secondary characters and I really hope she continues writing in this world for many more books to come.
March 18, 2021
Easton Monroe comes from a family of academics. He graduated from high school and college early and is now employed at one of the best private high schools in the country. But he’s miserable. He hates teaching. Can’t stand the snooty kids. And worst yet, someone is blackmailing him into committing crimes by threatening his brother. The only happiness he has right now is working as a tattoo artist on the weekends. When his mysterious blackmailer forces him to help a hacker break into an office, the LAST person he expects to see is Harlow, one of the seniors from the high school where he works.

Harlow Mead's life is spiraling. She’s failing school. Someone is blackmailing her by threatening her sister. And to top it all off, a forced accomplice to one of her crimes turns out to be the hot, young teacher from her school. Forced proximity, a strong desire to get out of the thumb of the blackmailer, and a desire to protect their siblings have Harlow and Easton constantly working together and their mutual attraction becomes harder and harder to resist.

I really liked this book. I loved Easton so much. His character wasn’t over the top. He was jealous and possessive without being a caveman. He was thoughtful and protective and really tried to do the right thing with Harlow despite their attraction and the fact that they are only 5 years apart in age. Harlow was a wonderful character as well. Confident in her sexuality and striving to be brave like her sister. Very loyal and caring as well, but with sass. The side characters are great and they make you want to hear all of their stories, even Shady, the sleazy criminal guy who keeps popping up, lol. Like You Should is a slow burn, but had some great smexy times and the plot had enough twists to keep you hooked until the end!
Profile Image for World Of Books 65.
1,829 reviews32 followers
March 19, 2021
It has been one hell of a ride so far in Kaydence Snows' must-read YA romantic suspense series, and she once again proved with 'Like You Should' that you can produce a YA romance that is fast-paced, full of suspense, intrigue, and romance, that can have you on the edge of your seat from start to finish. By the end of Harlow and Easton's story, you will be itching for more of this series and more of this author.

'Every person has the potential to be a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it's always going to think it's an idiot'.

Harlow is the younger sister of Donna, Like You Hurt, she appears strong on the outside but she does have insecurities, worrying that she will disappoint her parents as she knows college isn't for her. Our savvy technical young lady is being blackmailed by a group called 'Ocean1K into using her hacking skills for illegal activities. But Harlow isn't the only one being blackmailed, the newest and youngest teacher at 'Fulton Academy', Easton Monroe doesn't want to be a teacher, at 23 his dream is to be a full-time tattoo artist but it isn't something his family approves of. When he too is blackmailed by 'Ocean1', it brings Easton and Halow together. Easton isn't prepared for 18-year student Harlow or the instant chemistry between them.

As they are drawn further and further down the tunnel of mystery and intrigue, their connection continues to grow, unfortunately for them, it looks like things are going to get a lot worse.

I loved the suspense element to this story, it was really well written, the little clues strategically placed made the element of surprise even more entertaining.
Profile Image for FS Meurinne.
Author 2 books85 followers
March 19, 2021
I am liking this series, Harlow is a great character and Easton, is just great for her. Love the secrets and how protective he is of Harlow. Their connection is perfect and it is just the spark to their story. I like the fast pace and steam within the story. I just need to keep on reading, perhaps this is my favorite in the series so far. Looking forward to the next one!

Book Enticer
Blog |BookBub | Amazon |Audible |Instagram |Twitter |Facebook |TikTok |YouTube |Pinterest |Tumblr |Bookstore

Profile Image for Shirley Cuypers.
842 reviews193 followers
March 18, 2021
Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Kaydence Snow!

Like You Should is the third book in the Devilbend Dynasty series and tells the story of Harlow and Easton.

Like You Should is already the third book in the series! I’ve been reading all three books really close to each other and I love it! I’m really loving the Devilbend Dynasty world and I love getting to know all the characters. Harlow’s always been an interesting character to me and I was so happy that Like You Should was about her. I really loved reading her story and I’m so in love with Harlow and Easton!

The first time I got to meet Harlow, I always thought she was kinda weird. She’s different from her friends, and I like that about her. When I read about Easton, I was also really interested in him. I’m a sucker for teacher student relationships and even more when the teacher has ink and is a tattoo artist. Yass ! Harlow and Easton are such an amazing couple and I really loved reading about them.

So I know that in my review of the previous book, Like You Hurt, I mentioned that that book was the best one in the series, but after reading Like You Should, I know that Like You Should is the best one in the series so far! I really enjoyed reading this book and if I weren’t in a reading slump, I’d have finished this book in one sitting! Like You Should is so addicitive and well-written. I highly recommend the Devilbend Dynasty series!

Profile Image for Lita Thomas.
1,359 reviews18 followers
March 18, 2021
Like You Should (Devilbend Dynasty #3 ) by Kaydence Snow. It is Harlow's story this time. She has always been in Donna's shadow. The baby of the family and a total screw up according to how she feels about herself. When she gets blackmailed by someone who threatens Donna she jumps into action. Her love for her sister is undeniable and she will do anything for her. Easton Monroe is a teacher at the prestigious Fulton Academy where Harlow, Donna and the rest of the Devilbend Dynasty go to school. And too is being blackmailed by the same person as Harlow. When the two are sent on a job together they decide to find a way out of the mess they are in. As they try to find out who the blackmailer is as well as keep their love ones safe they develop feelings for each other. Initially I was concerned about the teacher/ student aspect but the way this story was told and how it all unfolded had me truly entertained. I liked Easton and Harlow together. I liked the their journey  to each other and their HEA. Discovering who was the blackmailer and why they were doing all of this was quite the trip. I didn't see that coming. I still feel there is more story to tell. There are some questions that still need to answered and Amaya still should get her own book. She is still a part of the Devilbend Dynasty and as such we need to know her story. Regardless I enjoyed Easton and Harlow's story and give it 4 stars.
Profile Image for Have Coffee Need Books.
608 reviews44 followers
March 19, 2021

I thought I was digging Hendrix, and I do, but I'm crushing hard on Mr. Monroe. Easton, dude, do you have to be so hot and smexy?

Harlow Mead is a hot mess. She's the anti-Donna. Not put together. Not doing well at school. Not type-A personality. Most likely to be stoned and playing video games. Most likely to be hacking into the school's main-frame for the giggles. She's eighteen, and in her mind, she's going nowhere fast.

"Teenagers are all dumb, depraved, and disappointing." - Easton Monroe, teacher extraordinaire.

Disenchanted and doing work that is killing his soul Easton trudges through his days. How he ended up blackmailed and caught up with Harlow is a long and unthinkable story, but soon this young woman is the exception to the rule.

This book is the least likely in realism, yet it's the one I most enjoyed in this series. Chances of a blackmailing ring with ultimate power popping up in any neighborhood are less likely than I think this book suggests. I mean, I think it is. Mayhap I am wrong. The thing is, it was compelling, and I could not put the book down. I loved how Easton and Harlow were into one another, and it made me totally invested in the tale being told.

The whodunit was also a real kicker. You want to read this one.

I highly recommend it. This series gets better with each read.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary advance copy of this book.

Profile Image for Karen Mc .
911 reviews724 followers
March 20, 2021
“You are my weakness and my strength.”

The delicious Devilbend Dynasty series has quickly become my kryptonite, and I’m so consumed with every story Kaydence Snow brilliantly brings to life. Like You Should is Snow’s latest sensation, a unique spin on the teacher-romance trope. This story sucks you into a highly addictive and smartly written world of delicious drama, heart-stopping suspense, fire-hot smolder, and soulful love.

Like You Should features a stunning, strong and cyber-smart heroine and the brave and hot alpha of a hero who saves her. The teacher and student. Characters with a connection that is off the charts hot and heartwarming. Harlow and Eastons’ story is a hard-fought journey of strength and survival that’s woven in love. I loved how this hero and heroine encouraged each other to become their bravest and best selves.

This intoxicatingly thrilling and heartfelt romance with twists and turns had me quickly turning the pages, wholly hooked on this book. I couldn’t get enough hits of this heady delight. A fusion of fire, feels, and forbidden love. Pure heart-pounding addiction. I reveled in this forbidden romance.

If I could sum up this Like You Should, it would be this line that inspires and elicits feels, just like this story:

“Fight for the things you that care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.”

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ heart-stopping stars

➡️ https://amzn.to/3r2CVgv
Profile Image for Hollyanne.
517 reviews
March 20, 2021
Like You Should is the third book in the Devilbend Dynasty series. This book is told from dual points of view from Harlow and Easton. This is a student/teacher relationship book, and I loved every minute of it! We have met both Easton and Harlow in the previous books.

Easton is a teacher at Harlow's school. Harlow is a computer hacker at night. Both Easton and Harlow are forced to do dirty work for a company (Ocean1K) they don't know whom is running. Harlow is doing it to protect something they have on her sister and Eason is doing it for something they have on his brother. They end up working together to do what this company wants, but also trying to take this company down.

While they are working together, they start to have feelings for each other. Even though they know it's wrong since he's a teacher at her school. As they work together to take down Ocean1K they learn the secrets and lies about Ocean1K.

This book had so many secrets and turns. The whole book I thought the person behind Ocean1K was a certain person and it ended up being someone completely different and I had no clue. I loved how Easton and Harlow's relationship progressed in this book too. I can't wait to read the next book and see what happens with the company they have been after since book one and find out if they are as bad as we are lead to believe they are.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 113 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.