Start by marking “Don't Grow Too Fast, Please” as Want to Read:
Don't Grow Too Fast, Please

Don't Grow Too Fast, Please

Few things happen as quickly as a child growing from a tiny baby to an adult. It's important to share special moments when they are little, and continue to create special memories as they grow.

Don't Grow Too Fast, Please shows that no matter what our families look like, we all want to savor each moment with our children, and we all live under the same moon and stars, no m
Published February 16th 2021 by Chasing Waves Books

To ask other readers questions about Don't Grow Too Fast, Please, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Grow Too Fast, Please

Start your review of Don't Grow Too Fast, Please
Natalie
Mar 05, 2021 rated it really liked it

Don't Grow Too Fast please is a beautifully illustrated picture book for young children aged 2-7 years. Each two page spread has an illustration of a parent with their child and is extremely detailed to show the child reading it how much the parent loves their child and essentially how much they are loved too by their own parent. The rhyming didn't gel as much as it could have
Abigail Harris
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a darling little book that little kids and parents alike will treasure, and read again and again!

I voluntarily received and reviewed a complimentary e/copy of this book which I received from the author/publisher. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.
Becky
Mar 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Well this book tugs on the heartstrings. If you enjoy the classic "Love You Forever", then you'll enjoy this one too. The thoughts and feelings we feel as parents looking at our wee babies and knowing they are going to grow too fast and just wish they'd slow down. A sweet story to cuddle up with your little one and let them know how much you love them while addressing our ever present fear and dread of them growing up. Would make a cute gift for new parents.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publish
Stephany
Mar 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a beautifully illustrated and beautifully written book. It hit me hard in all the feels. I do not know if my children would sit through this one as they really aren't into things that aren't an exciting adventure. However I do think this is a good book for parents to read to very young babies. Perhaps as a board book. ...more
Melissa
Beautiful book of poetic statements of love illustrated with a variety of families. Can’t wait to read to my first grand-niece!
Sally
Feb 23, 2021 rated it liked it
The illustrations by Paula Wallace are beautiful and capture just the kind of images that show a child how much their parent loves them, as does Michelle Jaffery’s beautiful heartfelt words as told by a mother who clearly loves her child but is aware they wont stay little forever. And it ticks the diversity box nicely so that children around the world can hopefully see themselves in this book. That is really important.

Some of the words are very touching and really speaks to the child but in othe
Georgia
Feb 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a beautifully illustrated title that will appeal to very young children. Each double-page contains a little rhyme that follows the ABCB convention. The 1st and subsequently ever odd rhyme going forward don't have a particular rhythm and so they do throw you off beat. However the 2nd rhyme and ever subsequent even rhyme acts as a kind of chorus. The first line alters but the remaining three lines are the same.

What I love about this book is that it points out to your little one just how sm
Christine
Mar 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book to have read!! It would be a wonderful bedtime story for your children!!! The drawings make you feel like you are there and loving with the words included. Each page is a parent talking about their child not growing up too fast.
Mortisha Cassavetes
A beautifully illustrated book cherishing every moment of the child's life. A wonderful picture book for the whole family to enjoy. I highly recommend it. Thanks to #netgalley for the early review copy. I just loved it. ...more
Ellie
added it
Feb 19, 2021
Michelle Jaffery
Feb 19, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

• The Froggies Do Not Want to Sleep
  • Busy Spring: Nature Wakes Up
  • A Cat With No Name: A Story About Sadness
  • Pumpkin Heads
  • Let It Grow
  • Baby Loves Electrical Engineering on Christmas!
  • Baby Loves Angular Momentum on Hanukkah!
  • The Chicken Who Loved Books
  • Ella McBella in the Dark
  • Mindful Mr. Sloth
  • Tani's New Home: A Refugee Finds Hope and Kindness in America
  • Together Again: A Story About Joy
  • Grow Your Own Mini Fruit Garden: Planting and Tending Small Fruit Trees and Berries in Gardens and Containers
  • An Ordinary Life

News & Interviews

Jordan Morris is a comedy writer and podcaster whose credits include @Midnight, Unikitty! and Earth to Ned.  The sci-fi comedy Bubble is his...