Jump to ratings and reviews

The Society Trilogy #3

Resurrection of the Heart

Santiago finally has what he wants. His baby is growing inside me.

I’ve rewritten her destiny, binding her to me for good.

Things are changing for us. I see beyond the monster he shows the world. See the scars he hides beneath the ink.

Love is a weakness men like me can’t afford. I’ve decided to keep her, but I’ll never forfeit my revenge.

His final betrayal proves his vengeance means more to him than our love.

I will have my pound of flesh, no matter the cost.

I made a mistake trusting him. I forgot how much he likes my tears.

When I am through, I’ll have what I thought I always needed.

I’ll run from him. I’ll have to.

I’ll bring her back when she runs. I’ll always bring her back. She belongs with me.

But it’s too late when I realize he’s not the only monster in my world. And that mistake will cost us both dearly.

358 pages, Kindle Edition

First published May 18, 2021

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Natasha Knight

100 books4,172 followers
Natasha Knight is the USA Today Bestselling author of Romantic Suspense and Dark Romance Novels. She has sold over a million books and is translated into six languages. She currently lives in The Netherlands with her husband and two daughters and when she’s not writing, she’s walking in the woods listening to a book, sitting in a corner reading or off exploring the world as often as she can get away.

Write Natasha here:
natasha@natasha-knight.com

Check out her books here:

Sign up for her newsletter here:

Connect with her here:
Facebook Page→ http://bit.ly/29q3s4b
Facebook Fan Group → http://bit.ly/2xvnZO5
Instagram → https://bit.ly/2MeoPKk

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
183 (5%)
1 star
57 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 444 reviews
Profile Image for ♡tanaz♡.
189 reviews2,931 followers
January 24, 2022
IT'S FINALLY OUT!!!

if you haven't yet read this series and you're looking for a dark (i actually do mean dark, especially book 1 and 2), mafia, arranged married, enemies-lovers, grumpy/asshole hero, and soft/innocent heroine trope then look no fucking further because this series gives you all that and more.

the conclusion to ivy and santi's story was ELITE. i just knew the moment when santi would fuck his revenge plan to hell and just worship the ground ivy walks on would be the day my ovaries would decide yes. a mafia man is the only man i will accept for myself.

“You are my wife, Ivy.”
“In name.”
“No. Not in name. Not anymore. Not for either of us. And you know it.”

honestly, santi's growth from a revenge-driven cruel asshole to a soft cuddly bear that adopts the love of his life's younger sister? impeccable.

don't get me wrong he will still fuck your shit up because santi is obviously the type of guy who hates everyone but the people he truly loves.

ivy's strength? empowering.

like go on girl give us EVERYTHING!!! she let santi know that things would change from now and that the way he behaved can't continue, she fought for their relationship and her own identity.

i loved the mafia aspect, the society plot, and getting to find out exactly what happened to santiago's family, like was it semi-predictable? yes. but it worked with the story, the villain was a vile person, and santiago finally getting his gruesome justice??? does it make me sick for cheering him on whilst he literally tortures someone? yes just call me the coronavirus because I AM SICKENING.

anyways all i will say is this book right here??? my heart is satisfied. ✨ ivysanti supremacy ✨ always

the drama, the angst, the painnnnn this series put me thru it, but i lived for it and people will probably say that too much happened in this book with a lot of drama, but guys i'm sorry i loved this trilogy so much and the ending was just so pure. am i going to read mercedes and judge's book tho?? the jury's still out on that one lol.
Profile Image for Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾.
1,987 reviews11.7k followers
4 STARS
She is in love with me... and I am helpless to it.

The heart pounding and epic conclusion to The Society Trilogy is finally here and I'm still recovering after this wild ride.

There's nothing more satisfying that watching the anti-hero of a story slowly melting heart. And when it comes to Santiago, he's been one man that I've loved to hate. He's a man that lived through the ultimate betrayal, knowing nothing but his drive for revenge. His new wife was supposed to be that tool for his bloody revenge, but soon proved to be his ultimate challenge. She's fought him at every turn, and she never backed down. Ivy was one of my favorite heroines I've read. She's tough yet vulnerable and impossible not to connect with. She falls for Santiago in spite of herself, but that doesn't make her back down from her fight. If anything, it makes her that much stronger.

The story was a non stop thrill ride of secrets, betrayals and twists. Like the previous two books, I devoured it in one sitting, eagerly turning the pages just waiting for the other shoe to drop. And when it did? Jaw dropping.

This may be my favorite arranged marriage/enemies to lovers stories to date. There was just something so delicious about the long and painful push and pull between these two. They managed to take two steps back each time they took a step forward, and yet I couldn't stop rooting for them.

I sincerely hope that there's going to be more books in this world because I'm already salivating for a book for Mercedes and Judge. GAH. I needs it. And Marco. I just can't seem to let go of this dark and twisty world. The story unraveled before me like a movie reel and hooked me from the very first book. It was quick paced, erotic, and deliciously dark and twisty.

ARC courtesy of author in exchange for an honest review

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
Profile Image for Nazanin.
1,036 reviews588 followers
March 17, 2022
3.75 Stars

He got a bit soft, I liked him more when he was a cold-hearted bastard but what can I say? He’s in love…
Profile Image for Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books.
1,100 reviews1,303 followers

Angst Rating : 7/10

Heat Rating : 7/10

Triggers Involved : Dark Past , Kidnapping

Plot Summary :
Ivy made a wrong decision and now nothing will ever be the same. She thought that being pregnant with Santiago's baby was the worst thing that could happen to her and in her grief she trusted the wrong person. Now her brother has her in his clutches and he wants to kill her baby. That is something she can't let happen because no matter how much she claims to hate Santiago, he was the only one who ever connected with her and the only one who can save her now.

Santiago never thought such a day would occur. A day when A De Rosa would be willing to destroy anyone and everyone to get to his Moreno wife. Because of his care less behavior his wife was gone and there is nothing he won't do to get her and their baby back. He knows the things Abel plans to do to her and how he wants to kill their baby and that is something he can never let happen, no matter what he has to destroy.

Overall Opinion :
OMG , the conclusion is here!! I have been losing my wits over this one since almost a month and I can't tell you guys how amazing this one was. Natasha and Ashleigh gave the perfect ending to this marvelous trilogy and totally had me hooked till the very end.

Santiago and Ivy have never had an easy tale. Just when they thought that things were getting better, another disaster occurred, leaving them broken again. I loved the way their take unfolded. There was so much pain and suffering but the way the author made the love emerge from that pain was the best part. They have me totally obsessed with this series and I am so sad to say goodbye to Santiago!! He is totally my top Anti Hero and I just want to see so much more of him.

I am so glad to inform you guys that there is a slight chance that we might get stories about the side characters of this trilogy too. I am so excited for that! It's going to be one hell of a ride. A definite recommendation to all the Dark romance lovers out there!

My-Post-3
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Bookbub | My Blog
Profile Image for 25 Readings Or More.
600 reviews130 followers
May 12, 2021
M.A.S.T.E.R.P.I.E.C.E 🖤🖤🖤

WHAT AN ENDING!!! WHAT A SERIES!!

You already know i'm in love ( and quite obsessed) with this series, with this characters, and i'm sad this was the end 💔
But Natasha Knight and A. Zavarelli gave me an epic ending so it's not that bad...

Just like in the previous books, Santiago and Ivy have to face many difficulties to have their HEA.

The two authors make them, and us, suffur through the entire story but the deep love they have for each others is always there: you can feel it 🖤

Santiago is the one i love the most.
He's grown so much from the first book and here he shows us how amazing he is 😍
I'm, instead, a little disappointed with Ivy because no matter what, she always think the worst about Santi. And even if i can understand her motives, still they bother me.

This duo create such amazing world in this series, with charming characters that grow on you..
And they opened the door to more possible stories that i hope we will have soon... Because if these are the premesis, i'm definitely in 😌😌
Profile Image for ✰ Liz ✰ .
1,342 reviews1,247 followers
May 25, 2021
★4.5★
"I think I love her."
description

Resurrection of the Heart is the third and final book in the Society Trilogy. This series must be read in order. Resurrection picks up exactly where Reparation of Sin left off. Ivy has been ripped from Santiago and even though she fears him greatly she knows that she loves him. Santiago fears that he has lost Ivy forever and as he begins to doubt his obsession with revenge, she continues to wiggle her way into his heart. As their fate weighs delicately on the balance between life and death, Santiago and Ivy must be willing to give it all in order to survive! description
"You can trust that I won't betray you."
Told in dual POV, Resurrection of the Heart is an explosive addition to the series with action, suspense, and raw passion. Santiago is a ruthless killer and yet, Ivy manages to win his heart and she shows him that he can love and trust again. I have been addicted to this series from the first word on the first page and I simply could not put it down. The love and passion between these two are constantly at odds with the fear and hate they have deeply rooted in their souls. The ensemble of characters continues to unhinge the validity of why Santiago has become the man he has become. With a complex plot full of multiple twists and turns, this is one love story that I will never forget!
"...nothing else seems to matter."
Overall, Resurrection of the Heart will appeal to readers who enjoy a broken hero and a spunky heroine. A "Mafia-Esque" read full of suspense and dark romance, this is one series you do not want to miss! The belief that love heals all rings true for Santiago and Ivy! I have long been a fan of A. Zavarelli and now that I have discovered Natasha Knight, I think it is safe to say there is no turning back!

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:

description
Profile Image for V.B. Book Reviews.
831 reviews367 followers
June 2, 2021
4.5 Heart Pounding Stars!

"Weakness will get you killed, Santiago. You can't afford it. There are already holes in your armor."

0FF2C5E8-1D2C-4E67-9D38-621CE6BE9DF8

I swear my heart was in my throat the entire time I was reading this finale. What an explosive ride! We finally got all the answers that I for one was desperately in need of. Santiago’s character development was brilliantly done and flawlessly executed. I couldn’t have loved his journey more.

“You are my wife, Ivy.”
“In name.”
“No. Not in name. Not anymore. Not for either of us. And you know it.”

I would love to tell you that things finally slow down for Santiago and Ivy in this installment, that she has a peaceful pregnancy, and that they ride off quietly into the sunset together. But that was NOT the case! Everything gets tested here. Loyalty. Family ties. Love... The whole series, there's been this build towards Santiago and his big revenge plot. Will he go through with it or would he back down in the name of love?

"I have to decide what's more important. Having the satisfaction of my revenge, or the warmth of my wife."

Santiago is one of the most excellent anti-heroes I've ever read. His character really got tested in this book and I loved watching him having to face things he never thought he'd be facing in his entire life. This series kept me guessing the entire time. I loved this entire world that these two authors built and have my fingers and toes crossed that we will being seeing more stories out of it. I NEED a book (or two) on Judge and Mercedes like yesterday!!

"It will end if you can find it in your heart to trust me."

I won't lie, there is a decision that Ivy made in this book that had me pulling my hair out in frustration and yelling at my Kindle. I get that it took the story where it needed to go but dang was it hard to read!!! I did completely adore the last 15% of his book. Everything that needed to happen did, and I had a huge smile on my face by the end.

I absolutely devoured Resurrection of the Heart just like I did every other installment of this series. If you are a lover of dark romance and anti-heroes, then this is a series not to be missed!

"Thank you for seeing me even when I couldn't."

0FA09EF3-8BC7-49BF-915C-1D2D152C80EB

Thank you to Candi Kane PR who provided me with an advanced review copy in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Allyson.
449 reviews44 followers
May 22, 2021
OMG WHAT AN ENDING AND SERIES !!! I can't believe all the crazy crazy crazy stuff that has happened in this series and this last book. I loved loved loved watching Santiago grow into the wonderful man he turned out to be. It was one of the best parts of this book , to see his vulnerable side. I absolutely love it! Ivy is a very strong person and went through so much. I mean so much at the hands of someone that should have never harmed her,but then someone stepped up and saved them both. I really want more of Judge just saying . This is an amazing book and series . Everyone needs to read !! Thank you great ladies for letting me go on this journey with you !!
Profile Image for Christine B.
487 reviews83 followers
August 4, 2021
In the last book you saw how Santiago unleashed the monster he was with Ivy because how he felt betrayed. In this book he could no longer be that person because of Ivy, he unleashed something new, love, humanity, vulnerability and a beast for anyone who tried to take Ivy away from him. Santiago De La Rosa still wanted revenge for his father & brother, however he wonder how it would affect his wife. But he devised a plan to flush out the enemy because this is the true person who cause him & his family so much death & destruction. However Santiago doesn't know if his marriage will survive after this his revenge & plan. Before Santiago could tell Ivy the truth she rip from him once again. Will Ivy survive this last tragedy?

This was a great series, I hope Judge Santiago best friend and Mercede Santiago sister get a book next...
May 7, 2021
𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊: RESURRECTION OF THE HEART.
𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐑𝐄: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE. (MAFIA ROMANCE.)
𝐓𝐘𝐏𝐄: TRIOLOGY: BOOK#3 THE SOCIETY.
𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑: A ZAVARELLI AND NATASHA KNIGHT.
𝐏𝐎𝐕: FIRST-PERSON: DUAL PERSPECTIVE.
𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒: PAST TRAUMA, KIDNAPPING.
𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐋:🔥🔥🔥🔥
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐏𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓:🤠🤠🤠🤠
𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆:🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏
𝐄𝐘𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑:🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

The conclusion of this book is finally here...I was freaking dying to read this one.
This series was dark since the first page and I was hooked on it like a leech. The forced Arranged Marriage Troup with a lingering vengeance is one of my favorite Troup to have both my favorite authors coming together to write one is a dream come true.
The storyline started as presumptuous but then it took a 180 turn with both the cliffhangers...which drove me crazy btw.
I love the idea of this secret society with rules and there are so many secondary characters who would slay us if given their own books.

The character development of Santi was so good....as much as I adored him in previous books, I was full on swooning over him here.
Also Ivy grew a backbone and started making her own choices...I love how they both match each other perfectly.
Their marriage was forced but in the end it was surreal.
I am bittersweet to say goodbye to this triology as much as there was pain for waiting for each next books...its nothing compared to saying goodbye to this amazing world.

I would really recommend this DARK Romance Triology...
It was full with suspense, passion, Antihero who will give you chills...strong heroine who refused to give up and a storyline which will drive you crazy till the end.
Profile Image for Melissa Crump.
532 reviews56 followers
March 13, 2021
Thrilling, unexpected and heart pounding! In true fashion, both these Authors brought their “A” game to this story. The story is a web full of knots, and never ending suspense. Time heals all wounds, so they say. I cannot wait to read more of this series regarding the other characters!
Profile Image for Valentina.
953 reviews216 followers
Santiago’s love

A return to this gothic romance with Santiago moving heaven and earth to find his Ivy, with whom he is unaware he’s smitten. Same romantic themes as previous books in this trilogy but now with a stronger and loved Ivy. Oh but there was still mayhem to contend with from family and dealings with the secret society.

If I didn’t love Santiago in the last books, I have fallen for him in this book especially in the presence of the precocious Eva, Ivy’s young and cutely sassy sister. Some hilarious moments between the two of them, Santiago broodingly awkward. I loved the care and protectiveness he showed Ivy too. The passion remains unrivaled between these two as the steam was not doused.

Still a great set of side characters to add to the mystery and suspense as the story unfolds; truths are revealed; and treachery is uncovered. For me, these did not come as a surprise, and I didn’t mind the journey to arrive there. The pace was excellent, naturally progressive, great balance of dialogue, prose, and steam with striking character dynamics.

This story, so very romantic, had the qualities of a fairytale retelling, Beauty and her Beast. Great conclusion to love’s claim for a misbegotten antihero and his life’s companion.
Profile Image for Eda.
202 reviews725 followers
June 7, 2021
Mutlu sonla biterse deliririm demiştim ama güzel bitti ya sevdim 😂 neler neler yaşadık valla bu noktaya gelmek zordu. Seriyi 24 saatten kısa sürede bitirdiğim için onlarla her şeyi beraber yaşadım 😂😂 özleyeceğim sanki ya ne kadar salak ne kadar sayko da olsalar baya sevdim 🥺🥺
Profile Image for NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}.
1,298 reviews85 followers
May 20, 2021
***5 "I came for YOU!!!" stars***

AVAILABLE NOW!!!

"You are poisoning me..."

Zavarelli and Knight are an unbeatable duet!!!
This trilogy was outstanding and even though I was craving like an addict the answers to all of my questions, I'm kinda sad that it came to an end!!!
I will miss my favorite antihero, Santiago De La Rosa and I will miss his sweet Ivy.
I'm just waiting for more of this world, cause I'm intrigued by Mercendes and Judge, by Angelo and Evangeline. I would love to see more... Pretty please???

The last chapter of this amazing, raw and dark story had given me much satisfaction!!!
Oh, the things that these two had to get through in order to find their way to each other!!!
So much blood, betrayal, lies and secrets, tears and heartbreak, but I wouldn't change anything to this journey...
Santiago and Ivy had a rough beginning, but this is exactly the reason that made their ending so much sweeter.

"I have to decide what's more important.
Having the satisfaction of my revenge, or the warmth of my wife."

In here, we have learned so many things and the dynamic between our main couple and the secondary characters had changed drastically.
Ivy was being forced to open her eyes and see clearly around her... Her husband wasn't the only monster in her life and she had to trust him in order for her and her unborned child to survive.
As for Santiago??? He is being forced to accept the outraged reality of what is happening inside him... He's still craving his revenge, but his wife has sneak her way into his heart and she is making him weak... Or maybe stronger???

"Accept it. Quit fighting what you feel."
"I have no feelings."
"You're a liar."

These two have a chance to happiness if they will decide to fight side by side and not be standing against each other. Will they do it???
Is this foreign feeling inside of them something worthy to salvage and be trusted???
Will their feelings made them slaves or they will finally set them free of the shackles that past had bound them to???
There is hope after all???

"Guard your heart, Ivy. I will do what I must. I am bound, don't you see?"
"You can choose."
"No, Ivy. I can only hurt you. No matter how much I don't want to."

I loved Ivy and Santiago very much. From the first page till the last one. Even when they were making mistakes... For me, it's enough that in here they tried really hard to accept their new reality.
I loved that I saw a different side of Santiago, a more softer side and the only thing that I have to say is that love was suiting him!!! Every kind of love...
I loved his connection with Ivy, but I adored his connection with Evangeline, even though it was kind of unorthodox...
As for Ivy??? She kept making fatal mistakes, but she was kind and sweet and she could see that Santiago was worth the effort and she didn't back down. Ever!!

"I'm not capable of love."
"Everyone is capable of love. Even monsters. Because monsters are still men, and men have hearts. Even you, Santiago De La Rosa."

And yes!!! In here I became obsessed with some secondary characters...
Evangeline is my most favorite... She was an amazing person and I loved how she embraced Santiago and claimed him as her own in a way... LOL!!!
And Eli... I have a strange faith on him from the first moment and I loved how he proved me right.
And I'm not backing down on my demand of more stories about Judge and Mercedes and Angelo. I'm very intrigued already!!! I might die if I'll never get their stories!!!
Please read this story!!! It was an amazing sample of how a dark, mafia-like romance book should be!!!

"Does love go away?"
"If it's real, pure, and true, Santiago, love will never go away."

**I received an ARC for the exchange of an honest review**
Profile Image for The Romantic Rush Blog.
1,566 reviews731 followers
May 18, 2021
I was desperately waiting for the finale to this soul-consuming trilogy- by far my favorite work of this deliciously dark writing duo yet- and oh my does it not disappoint! The Sovereign Sons world is just so transfixing- seductive, dark, depraved, turbulent and violent, but also so very passionate. From start to finish, this story has captured my heart and mind, and our finale is brilliant to the very last word. My heart still is pounding.

SANTIAGO OWNS ME. What a character evolution. A man of contrasts - the dark and depraved Santiago De La Rosa and the broken and vulnerable Santi. IN book two we saw an unleashed monster, a man at his worst out of pain and betrayal. But he walks himself back off the ledge- because of Ivy. And now we see the other side of him- something new is unleashed. Humanity, love, emotional courage and his very masculine brand of vulnerability. Of all of the heroes that these two have ever written- together or solo- I truly think Santi has the most nuanced, and most beautiful, character journey. Of course, he’s still shrouded in darkness and pain- a soul ravaged by hatred, by his need for revenge. But he’s also a character in conflict with himself - a man who FEELS in a way he hasn’t before. A man who, for the first time since he lost himself, wants to LIVE. Truly live. But that puts him at odds with the very thing that has motivated him for so many years, which also is the very thing that has kept his heart safeguarded. Now he’s exposed, raw, repentant - a vornado of emotions he struggles both express and process. The true power of this final book is watching him grapple with everything in his heart- reconciling the misguided and toxic poison he’s placed in his mind to make space for the love he hasn’t yet recognized. And oh man does this alpha LOVE- fiercely, aggressively, over the top in every way- and I am obsessed with him. But to do all this he has to face the greatest enemy of all- HIMSELF. The subtle self-destruction we just start to understand, his inability to trust, his anger- all rooted in his own deep buried inadequacies. My heart bleeds for this man- and I marvel at the beautiful way that AZ and NK help him evolve from the monster to become the man Ivy needs and deserves...the man he deserves to be.

I know some folks may hate on Ivy for her choices in this story- but lest we not forget to HEARTBREAKING way Ivy suffered in book 2 and the ways in which she generously still gave of her heart despite all that. We see her grow up here- she’s still a sweet, bleeding heart, but she’s stronger, more self-assured, and less willing to accept less than she deserves just because her heart is so desperate for something real. She’s still tender and gentle, though, and ultimately that is what makes me admire her so. Despite all the ways in which she’s suffered the abuse and humiliation of powerful and corrupt men- men who should cherish, love, and protect her- she still carries her light. And she emerges still in herself- just enhanced, more capable, more stable. And she makes Santi WORK for her- and of course, she also makes her own mistakes out of trust and desperation, but she holds her ground in a way we’ve not seen her before. And it works not only in terms of endearing us to her, but is also works because it’s the perfect foil to demonstrate just how Santi has evolved- we need her resistance to make him show out, and show out he does. Swoon.

Out of chaos and hatred comes beauty and healing. We still feel all the push-pull, that intense emotional whiplash here, but we also find new depths in their chemistry. And the toxic, hurtful tenor of their love slowly, and painstakingly, starts to be reborn as something more healthy and stable. But it is incredibly hard fought- from start to finish this is not an easy love story. But that makes it all the more beautiful- all the more epic. The most compelling love stories, the most poignant and powerful, are the ones that are the hardest fought. And Ivy and Santi fight with every touch, every kiss, every look- they fight their enemies, but more importantly, they fight themselves. They fight for their own resurrection- and I hung on every single word.

Outside of the heart-stopping action and the consuming, volatile romance, we also expand our world a bit here too- with NZ and AK investing in some other characters a bit more in the finale. Not only does this help wrap up some loose ends and provide another layer through which to catalyze and demonstrate our characters growth and deep affection (especially Santi’s treatment of Ivy’s sisters- ADORABLE and SWOON), but is also has me chomping at the bit for the stories of the secondary characters- both those already playing out in front of her eyes (Like Santiago’s sister) and those not yet even imagined.

It is a bittersweet end- I’m not sure I’m ready to let Ivy and Santi go, but I’m hopeful we’ll get more from this spectacular duo. Suspenseful, dramatic, nuanced, sexy, and emotional - it’s everything I want in my dark romance. Brava!
Profile Image for Jessica Alcazar.
3,860 reviews434 followers
May 19, 2021
The exhilarating conclusion to Ivy and Santiago’s journey will have your heart pounding to levels you wouldn’t even think were possible! This level of twisted darkness is pretty new to me as a reader and this trilogy has just stunned me and captivated me to levels, I didn’t think I’d be at. I love reading and I love when a story keeps me on my toes, but this was some sort of wicked word magic. I don’t think I’ve ever devoured a story this fast that made me this anxious, and it was intoxicating! I could not read fast enough!

The evolution of not just the storyline but also Ivy and Santiago from the beginning of this journey to the very end was just … *crickets* I mean I am in awe people! I hope this is not the end of this world these authors have gifted us with because I’m gonna need everyone’s words like yesterday! I am super stoked to have found both these authors because their skill is next level!
Profile Image for TheBookPlatypus.
799 reviews116 followers
May 5, 2021
And the trilogy is finished!
Holy crap! With Ivy getting taken by her evil ass brother in book two, I was scared for her safety and the baby.
This entire book, I was on edge not knowing when the big moment was going to happen when the Villian in the story gets his ass handed to him.
It.did.not.disappoint.

Santiago and Ivy still had a lot to get through as a couple and it took a horrific moment to bring Santiago to his knees and lay out his feelings for his wife. It was quite emotional.

Resurrection of the Heart is my favorite of the series I think. I mean, it was all action, and violence, and vengeance.
We have the epic conclusions to the many questions we’ve been left wondering.. it all pointed to the same villain.

We have the HEA we were rooting for, for Ivy and and Santiago and their baby.
I’m kinda wishing for more.
I know Ivy’s sister is young but can we fast forward a few years and get her love story? Lol.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Kat |Demented Paramour.
144 reviews13 followers
July 2, 2021
One of my biggest pet peeves is a scene where the villain ask the heroine to follow/meet him with the threat of saving the people she loves, if she doesn't come then the people she loves will be hurt. For some reason only God knows what, this scene is highly popular and almost in every mafia book. And then the heroine will immediately follow the instructions without thinking much about it or planning some sort of escape. And I guess what the author is trying to achieve is showing that the heroine is just so noble and selfless, sacrificing herself for the people she loves. But no, what it actually shows me is that the heroine is just so fucking dumb and impulsive.

And, for some other reason also only God knows what, this only happens to the heroine. It's always the heroine that's being threatened like this, never the hero. Why? I guess it's only the heroines that are emotional, impulsive, and dumb. Not the hero. Of course the hero is too smart for this stupid shit. Of course the hero will never fall for this kind of stunt. The hero will go and plan something with that big brain of his as soon as possible.

This kind of scene also happened in this book, and can't say I'm surprised, seeing just how stupid the heroine is in the last two books. But it still made me speechless, how easily she follow Abel's instructions with that big pregnant belly. Did she already forget how Abel tried to abort her baby? Did she think Abel wouldn't hurt her baby now? I guess she loves her sister and nephew more than her own child, huh?

Even Hazel, a side character that only appears for a few pages in the entire series, is smarter than her. When Ivy came and Hazel had the chance to save herself and her son, she took it. She didn't stay around trying to save Ivy. She chose her son first. See, Ivy? That's what good mothers do. They put their children's safety first before anyone else.

And to think that she's having another baby...man, I feel so bad for their children, for having such stupid parents

Profile Image for Cécile Smits .
1,003 reviews125 followers
May 23, 2021
This really was the Resurrection of MY Heart,and i needed it badly after Reparation of Sin!
I am só glad i waited until had the whole story,because i most certainly would’ve gone crazy if i had to wait after that cliffhanger.
Instead i was able to follow Ivy and Santiago’s journey towards their future.

As misguided as she is,Ivy still tries to do what’s best for her and the life growing inside of her.
The fact that it might end up with her losing that life because of a man she thought she could trust,is heartbreaking…
Luckily,Santiago and his men find her in time to prevent that from happening,and he’s quick to bring her home.
If only that was the end of their problems….
Not only does he still not listen to her,his sister Mercedes makes it perfectly clear she’s only with him to bare him heirs.
By the time they finally dó make progress,something happens again to drive a wig between them.
It felt so much like “two steps forward,one step back”,and i really worried if they were ever going to be able to find eachother.
In the meantime,Santiago has everyone searching for Ivy’s brother Abel.
He also takes in her little sister Evangeline who,strangely enough,seems to like him.

To force the enemy out of hiding,he decides to execute a plan he’s sure will hurt Ivy’s feelings,but he still goes ahead.
Instead of the outcome he was hoping for,it ends in disaster……
Is there ANY way for these two tragic souls to heal,to find a hea?
Or are they doomed…..

This trilogy had me on the edge of my seat,cursing,crying and nearly breaking my iPad in frustration when things went bad,yet again.
It had me hoping too…..because there wás progress,Santiago díd change for the better.
He started to thaw because of Ivy’s love for him,and he started to care about what she liked and hated.
One thing is for sure,i DID enjoy it…..to be precise,i loved it!

It did leave me wondering what Mercedes’ story is…..Natasha?
Profile Image for Karla✨.
560 reviews
September 22, 2021
Buena historia, buen final y muy bonito epílogo, aunque siento que hubo muchos momentos llenos de drama innecesario la historia en sí me pareció buena, así que de verdad recomiendo esta trilogía si les gusta mucho el Dark romance.

Como un punto extra me gustaría saber más sobre la historia de Mercedes y Judge
Profile Image for Gitte TotallyBookedBlog.
1,931 reviews939 followers
May 30, 2021
“Guard your heart, Ivy…. I can only hurt you. No matter how much I don’t want to.”

Resurrection of the Heart by A Zavarelli and Natasha Knight is the last book in the Society Trilogy, and we were excited to finally uncover all the secrecy and see the final retribution play out. Once again there was plenty of suspenseful moments, drama, and steamy scenes between the sweet and slightly clueless Ivy and the dark and vengeful, Santiago. We loved the first two books in this series, yet for some reason this third book felt a bit flat. Whilst we enjoyed it, we didn’t love it. It felt like it had a different atmosphere and there were quite a few lose ends that felt unresolved.

“Everyone is capable of love,” she whispers. “Even monsters. Because monsters are still men, and men have hearts. Even you, Santiago De La Rosa.”

When we started out at the beginning of this trilogy, we loathed (but secretly loved) Santiago, he was an intriguing enigma, a dark and cruel man behind a skull tattoo. He was powerful, a predator and never hesitated to inflict violence and terror. Yet he had a crazed obsession with Ivy which was so compelling. In this third instalment he softened, he showed vulnerability and he became almost a different person. In some respects, we loved the change in him such as his relationship with Eva. It was a joy to read. However, in other ways this change felt a little to different and sudden, considering the timeline. We felt his character suffered a bit in Resurrection of the Heart and he lost that essence that made him stand out as an anti-hero. Because of this, it resulted in the crescendo we’ve been building up to over three books losing some of its momentum. Saying that though, the suspense, deception and mystery kept us reading and we did enjoy it despite not loving it as much as the previous two books.

‘She possesses every quality I do not. Softness, purity, beauty…in every sense of the word. I am merely a beast of a man, yet she professes to love me.’
Profile Image for Jess☺️.
448 reviews80 followers
June 7, 2021
Resurrection Of The Heart by Natasha Knight and A. Zavarelli is the final book in The Society series and to be honest thank goodness, I don't think my heart and soul could take any more.
If these two authors pair up again I'm definitely grabbing with both hands.
This whole series from start to finish has you hanging on for dear life,it's sends you down the blackest hole ever , whilst having you read about situations you never in your wildest dreams think you should continue with, but there's also the thrilling aspect and the feeling that no matter what there's going to be a dark steamy happy ever after.
All secrets,lies and revenge are put to bed there's still a few little details about other characters throughout that could be continued with their own story's (fingers crossed) but you are left satisfied and able to catch your breath and slow the heart pounding.
I definitely recommend this whole series but if dark and excessive force in a romance is not your thing maybe you should think on it,it's not for the faint hearted 📖
Profile Image for Gladis.
193 reviews7 followers
January 27, 2022
4.5 ⭐️

הספר השני נגמר בקליף האנגר רציני ולמרות שכעסתי על הבחירות של אייווי הייתי מסוקרנת לדעת לאן הקשר שלה עם סנטיאגו יתפתח

הספר הזה היה מעולה מלא בתפניות וברגעים שהייתי במתח לקרוא מה יהיה בעמוד ובפרק הבא

חייבת לציין שסנטיאגו לגמרי עושה את הספר הזה למוצלח כל כך הוא עובר שינוי שמתחילים לראות בספר הזה אחרי האירועים בספרים הקודמים בטרילוגיה והוא פשוט דמות מעולה ועגולה שעשתה תהליך לאורך הסיפור וגרמה לי להתאהב בגבר השבור שמסתתר מתחת לחזות של מפלצת

אייווי עוברת הרבה בספר הזה היא עדיין עשתה לפעמים החלטות שלא הצלחתי להבין אבל היא דמות מנוגדת טובה ועדינה, מלאת חמלה מול הנוקשות והחוזק של סנטיאגו ומערכת היחסים בניהם העלתה לי חיוך על הפנים כשאר הם הגיעו למקום שהם היו צריכים להגיע אחרי המכשולים הרבים שניצבו בדרכם

עוד דמות שלגמרי עשתה את הספר היא אווה הקשר שלה עם סנטיאגו הוא אחד הדברים המרגשים והיו בו רגעים שחיממו לי את הלב

לסיכום טרילוגיה מומלצת מאוד לאוהבי ספרי פשע, שונאים לאוהבים, נישואי מאורגנים, ואוהבי המאפיה למרות שזה לא ספר מאפיה לגמרי יש בו אווירה כזאת
Profile Image for Mimiorphee.
481 reviews22 followers
May 18, 2021
Here we are at the end of the Society Trilogy which I was actually very anxious to start. The two first books being emotional roller-coasters dealt with great amounts of domestic violence, impossible communication and chronic mistrust. Ivy and Santiago's relationship had a lot of issues to overcome. So, color me intrigued, I needed to know what the duo Natasha Knight/A. Zavarelli had in store for them!

The answer: Fast paced, thrilling, intense, Resurrection of the Heart took me by surprise. The tone is dark, the cult parts are merciless. But I also enjoyed tender and even fun moments (yes, yes!).

"Because that’s what it comes down to. Trust.”

Santiago learned from his mistakes, he grew up and was able to redeem himself without appear too soft. On the path of revenge, he found so much more! Let's be clear he is and will remain a damaged man, but eventually a touching one. His family and the tragic circumstances of the explosion broke him. As for Ivy ... ah...Ivy will never be my favorite heroine. She seems uncapable of making one right decision. Mistakes succeed to mistakes. Maybe, surely, being a woman raised within The Society didn't help but such a level or "innocence" didn't made of her an enjoyable heroine. She in this opus, her sister Eva totally stole the show, and she is only 13! Spirited, fun, mature, I'm curious as to the woman she will become!

"I feel... broken. I never truly knew what that word meant until now."

BR with mia amica Vera!!! I love our endless discussions about the trilogy!!! Cheers!
Profile Image for MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog.
907 reviews165 followers
May 8, 2021
The Epic & final installment of this trilogy is here and will not disappoint! Ivy And Santiago De La Rosa are back with a bang! Will the truth finally be revealed & who can either really trust? What will Santiago do to seek his revenge? What will come of Ivy and the twisted world she in bound to within the Sovereign Sons? Questions are finally answered and so much more but I’m not going to spoil it for you. Lovers of dark, twisted romantic suspense within secret society’s will devour this trilogy. “Everyone is Capable of love...Even Monsters.” Bravo Ladies! A perfectly scrumptious Top Read! Told in dual POV

Teaser
📸 Teaser Collage by Miss Petite Brunette Book Blog
Profile Image for Chris.
995 reviews24 followers
November 13, 2021
Santiago and Ivy's story continues and.... I got bored... I almost didn't finish this last book in the trilogy. Santiago felt like he had a personality transplant. Ivy still is the tragic heroine... and I'm like "Come on! Come on! I need this to end...". Soo... this didn't work for me.
Profile Image for 💜VGreedyReader🖤.
481 reviews99 followers

⭐️4 sweet stars⭐️

It’s just that truth has many, many sides. And believing yours too fervently is dangerous

Book three concludes the story of Ivy and Santiago, they still need to struggle to get their happy ever after, their whole relationship has been a series of unfortunate events, made so by lies and deceit. This story, like the previous, is told in dual POV, the narrative pace is steady giving rhythm to the story offering a nice reading experience.

Ivy is her usual self, a sum up of bad decisions, I thought she would have learned from her past mistakes, but not at all! I have come to accept she is that way, I made peace a long time ago with how clueless she is. Some of her statements are really incoherent and made me question her presence of mind more than once. Ivy’s only saving grace is her loyalty and love for her family, though Abel is the least to deserve such, but again I’ll just add this up to the list of her shortcomings.

Something has snapped inside me. I don't know what it is, but I feel... broken

Santiago really surprised me, he has evolved a lot, and has come a long way from the unfeeling man he was at the beginning. He’s still stubborn and refuses to acknowledge the evidence even when it slaps him in the face, but he accepts to make peace with the past, he eventually sees where he went wrong and tries to be better. I would have liked more grovelling seen how heinous he was.

What I liked a lot of this last instalment was the glimpse on the side characters, I can’t but be curious about Judge and Mercedes, although I don’t like Santiago’s sister I’m ready to be proven wrong and read her story. Eve totally stole my heart, she’s a fierce, intelligent and bight young woman. I don’t think Santiago makes her justice when he tells her she reminds him of Ivy, she’s way much better and clever. I let it slide since Santiago is smitten and totally pussy whipped.

Overall this was a nice journey despite some faults and bumps along the road I grew attached to this world and his characters, therefore I would like to read more of their stories.

***ARC given in exchange for an honest review ***

B(F)R with my French bestie Mimi 🥂there is no obstacle (book) we can’t overcome 💕💋💕
Displaying 1 - 30 of 444 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.