Jump to ratings and reviews

Cruel Promise

A swoony billionaire contemporary romance prequel to USA Today bestselling author K.A. Linde's Cruel Truth.

I’m not prepared to meet someone as sexy as Sam Rutherford on the first day of my new job.

Then I find out we’re sharing an office…for the next year.

I can’t deny that I’m intrigued by his charming Southern drawl and rugged good looks. Normally I would have jumped at the chance.

But there’s only one problem.

He has no idea who I am. I’m not just Lark, the cute girl at work.

I’m a multibillion-dollar heiress. And I made a deal with my parents: one year away from the city and then I take over the family business.

Despite everything, I want to risk it for him.

I don’t care if I break my cruel promise.

Note: Originally titled His for a Season.

105 pages, Kindle Edition

First published April 1, 2020

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

K.A. Linde

77 books9,256 followers
K.A. Linde is the USA Today bestselling author of the Avoiding Series, Wrights, and more than thirty other novels. She has a Masters degree in political science from the University of Georgia, was the head campaign worker for the 2012 presidential campaign at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and served as the head coach of the Duke University dance team. She loves reading fantasy novels, binge-watching Supernatural, traveling, and dancing in her spare time.

She currently lives in Lubbock, Texas, with her husband and two super-adorable puppies.

Visit her online at www.kalinde.com and on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @authorkalinde.

Join her newsletter at www.kalinde.com/subscribe for exclusive content, free books, and giveaways every month.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars