Start by marking “Hijacked (Licking Thicket: Horn of Glory #1)” as Want to Read:
Hijacked (Licking Thicket: Horn of Glory #1)

Hijacked

(Licking Thicket: Horn of Glory #1)

Renowned cardiologist Carter Rogers is used to having things under control. His life, his prestigious reputation, his career, his future.

Things he can’t control this time around:

• His meddling grandfather

• His annoying gamer cousin

• Buggy South American jungles

• Being the meat in a feuding cartel sandwich

• Getting kidnapped by a monologuing drug lord

•Falling for the very
Published September 2nd 2021 by Independently Published (first published August 25th 2021)

To ask other readers questions about Hijacked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hijacked

Start your review of Hijacked (Licking Thicket: Horn of Glory #1)
☆ Todd
Sep 30, 2021 rated it liked it

The first rule of Licking Thicket Club is to *NOT* leave the Thicket. 😕

I was enjoying this story just as much as the previous Licking Thicket books, right up until the point where Carter and Riggs hopped on a plane and flew to Venezuela.

[My take on Carter's bodyguard, Riggs...]

After that point, though, much of the charm and pun-friendly silliness that had previously drawn me to the series largely evaporated, leaving the reader with just your average, run-of-the-mill "bodyguard falls for his clie
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
What happened here? The books set in Licking Thicket were adorable, lighthearted, and funny. The first 30 percent of Hijacked fit the bill, but sadly the story took a nosedive from cute to silly; from humorous to trying too hard.

When Carter, a cardiologist from a wealthy family, and Riggs, former military/bodyguard, first meet and Carter realizes that his grandpa has hired Riggs to be his bodyguard in Venezuela where he'll be volunteering for Doctors Without Continents for a month, he's understa
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Aug 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Hijacked is book one in the brand new Licking Thicket: Horn of Glory series by Lucy Lennox and May Archer. I’ve been so looking forward to this spin off series. We previously have met Carter Rogers, Tucker’s best friend and ex-boyfriend. So now he gets his own book. It’s silly, sexy, fun, and suspenseful.

When Dr. Carter Rogers moved to Licking Thicket, he never thought he’d fall in love with it the way he has. He never thought he’d be a small town guy. But he does love it. He loves being near h
Rosabel
Not even my love for my home country could save this book. 😔😔

The writing is... weird, sometimes it tries to be too funny, sometimes it tries to be all about the banter, sometimes a character that was joking turns serious out of nowhere, sometimes... I don't know what the fuck it is.

And yeah, it has flaws in the facts.

1. We don't have an embassy.
2. Where the fuck is Gelada? I'm gona ask around, maybe it does exist. I still think the authors tried to write Sierra Nevada and got confused.
3. I'm sur
Rebecca
Sep 25, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery-suspense
I break my no-review rule because writing out this essay in the comments would seem a little ridiculous, even for me. Not as much as this story though which achieves new and astonishing heights in the genre of OTT comedy.

Apologies in advance to anyone reading this overly detailed review. A lot of my friends here DNFd this one and I go into the details of the book to make them suffer too enlighten them about just how amazing this story kept getting, in hopes that the million karmic points I e
~✿ Maria ✿~
Sep 22, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF @45%

1.5 'I physically cannot keep reading this' stars

This book ... wow 😳.. just wow 😳

I will preface my review by saying I've enjoyed several Lucy Lennox and May Archer books, their style of humour doesn't always gel with me (I don't think I'll ever understand the obsession with oversexed seniors?! ) but there is definitely some charm to the OTT stories.

This new series is a spin-off of the Licking Thicket series (this book follows a side character Carter from book 3), which if you haven't
Cadiva
Aug 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Chaos, utterly brilliant chaos.

The first of the Licking Thicket Horn of Glory spin-offs is an absolute riot. A firm sense of disbelief is needed but you know what, it really doesn't matter because it's just fun.

From the moment Dr Carter Rogers meets his reluctant bodyguard William Riggs you just know there's going to be fireworks.

It's funny, sweet, steamy, a little bit dramatic (the plot not the relationship), has all the hiccups you'd expect on the road to a happy ending, and I just absolutely
ellie
the fact i physically fell asleep while reading the last chapter just about sums up my enjoyment of this book.

i don’t know what i was expecting lol😭 i seemed to have forgotten that i was diving into a Lucy Lennox book... but the absurdity of this made my brain hurt from the very first chapter.

i think this was supposed to be funny? idk? it was just fucking ridiculous if im honest. my face was like 😐 the whole goddam time.

i forgot how overbearing and annoying the “humour” in this author duo’s b
alyssa
*update: read a few more chapters because giving up at two makes me feel like a clown but yeah it's not working 😅 good riddance!

[DNF] i only read the first two chapters and i already wasn’t feeling the characters at all. i thought maybe i just wasn’t in the mood, but after seeing what’s in store, i’ve decided to learn from the very best: Rosabel!! handholding me through the dnf process ‘cause i need it sometimes haha, thanks for freeing me from my prison 😆🙏🏼
Julia
Aug 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
"I needed to bodyguard the shit out of that doctor dude. And I was sure as hell not going to get close to the guy".

So from the opening chapter you know where this one is going, but what a fabulously fun read it was. I was literally chuckling out loud to myself at times, and I totally loved Carter and Riggs and their dynamic.

"You know that part of the animated Snow White where she wakes up and slowly stretches, smiling happily at the thought of another beautiful day? Yeah, waking up with W
Ele
Oct 09, 2021 added it
Shelves: i-rest-my-case
DNF @40%

I have no idea what happened here. There is suspension of disbelief and then there's this story. Sorry, I rest my case.
Gustaf
Sep 05, 2021 rated it liked it
Ehhh who was I kidding, thinking I would love this one? I didn't dislike it with passion as I did the last Licking Thicket book though. So there's that. Actually, I even really liked the beginning of this story. Then the hijacking happened and things fell into the OTT gutter and they fell hard.

I don't know why I keep reading these authors common work but here I am and I know I'm going to get the next one as well. Because apparently that what I do.
Debra
Wow - and not in a good way. I'm not sure what happened here.

There was zero relationship development. They meet, the job starts and then there's a two-week time jump and they are kidnapped. There is sex here and there but I couldn't tell you why they fell in love. I never thought I'd say it, but I almost wish this book had taken place in Licking Thicket just so we could have actually focussed on the romance. There wasn't even an epilogue for Carter and Riggs as it was the start of the next stor
☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆
DNF 20%...it was awful, embarrassing, cringe-worthy and returned to Amazon.
Lily
Sep 21, 2021 rated it did not like it
I hated this.

I love May Archer and Lucy Lennox and I really wanted to like their book but it sucked. This book starts off strong in Licket Thicket with our favorite townspeople abusing the hell out of sex puns. But then Carter decided to go abroad with a sexy bodyguard. Sounds good, right? Unfortunately things fall apart as the drug lord equivalent to Wile E. Coyote kidnaps them with his merry band of Tweedlee dee and Tweedlee dums. It was like I started out watching Golden Girls, then all of th
Airy
Sep 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was exactly what I expected, when I started reading it and I loved it.
Renée
Sep 02, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

2 stars

Hijacked is the first book in a spin off series to the authors’ Licking Thicket series. We do meet Carter in that series as Tucker’s ex-boyfriend (from Fools), but the setting here then moves to South America and Riggs is new to the series. Carter was presented in a different manner here than he was in the prior book and, while I liked him there, I didn’t like him much here. Riggs also didn’t give me much to work with as he too felt unlikeable and we learn little ab
Jessica Alcazar
4.5 SHENANIGANS for the #win!!

Okay kids … Imma be real honest with this one and tell you that whatever mood you happen to be in when you pick up this book is going to impact how much you enjoy it. That being said, I have DNF’d books before with this particular level of humor yet somehow this one was an absolute win for me. And I know where the book crosses over to ridiculous and back again or silly and back again and really unrealistic and back again, but it did not deter my enjoyment. I don’t k
Stephanie
Sep 06, 2021 rated it it was ok
The plot was a mess, just completely unbelievable. I didn't feel any real connection between the two MCs. Took me three days to get through. Definitely a miss. ...more
French_fry
Sep 03, 2021 rated it it was ok
If you like bad puns, people (Riggs) who are really bad at their jobs and nonsense, have I got a recommendation for you. I can usually suspend disbelief enough with these authors and have found many of their books enjoyable. I don’t care for these two or their story. Also, it’s sloppy. At one point, one of our main character, William Riggs, tells us a story about his brother, Will. What? Come on.
Leelah🍁♋️ Orion
Sep 04, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Normally when I dnf I usually don’t rate it. Most of the time it’s a case of it’s me not them….. this one… wtf did I just try to read. I feel like I just made a wish order. What was advertised is not what I got here. I have tried to keep pushing through because the authors, but I just can’t make it work. I’m all for funny romance, this just tried too hard and the more I got into it the worst it got, to the point I rolled my eyes and started skimming. The nutters, horns and seeds haha we got it t ...more
Amanda
Aug 23, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: mlm
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Hijacked
by May Archer and Lucy Lennox is the start of a spin-off series from their Licking Thicket series. If you haven't read the Licking Thicket series, no worries, you can enjoy this one all on its own, but if you have you'll see more than a few friendly faces.

Hijacked
follows cardiologist Carter Rogers and his bodyguard Riggs when he travels to Venezuela to provide medical care for those in need. Carter doesn't think he's made for settling dow
Kim
Aug 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Carter Rogers came to the Thicket to try to win back his ex-boyfriend, Tucker. He might have lost out on that, but he found an unexpected community and started his small town cardiology practice in Nuthatch. But he also feels the need to help on a global scale and honor his parents' legacy and still has plans for a mission trip to South America.

William Riggs just made a big screw-up at work that cost his security company a client. So as his punishment, he is going to babysit the Doctor on his t
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon / Amazon Worldwide

Riggs screwed up on his last gig so now he's being punished by his boss by being sent to the Venezuelan jungle to protect cardiologist Dr. Carter Rogers while he's out saving lives. The man's positively gorgeous, but he's prissy and snobby and Riggs can't wait to be done with this assignment. Until they form a physical and emotional connection that surprises both of them. Will this connection help, or hinder, them when the chips are down and they've been kidnapped by
Athira
Sep 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: awesome-series, lgbtq
Hijacked was a fabulous read!! It's was absolute fun and something I just needed after a tiring day!!! This is the first the first book in the spinoff from Licking Thicket, and you can definitely read this as a standalone (I have read a couple of books but not all)

Carter and Riggs have explosive chemistry and I loved the banter between them. You know how it's going to go the minute Riggs says he's gonna keep it absolutely professional. He never stood chance lol🤣

Also Bodyguard and cardiologist?
Fundamentally
Sep 26, 2021 marked it as dnf-not-for-me
Shelves: ku-borrow, m-m
Lucy & I are just not compatible. I did read several of the Marian series but quickly tired of the crude octogenarian humor. I do like puns but not when they’re dumped in every chapter by the truckload and gaming, innuendo-laden or not (preferably not) holds no interest.
Lelyana's Reviews
Oct 04, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm, 2021
Huh? What happened?
This is not Carter's book I expected it to be written.
I skimmed a lot. Like, a lot.
This book tried to be funny, but an over the top funny is boring.
Not to mention the thing with Gustavo.
I wanted to roll my eyes so many time.
And Carter wasn't the one I know in the previous series.
I finished the book but with a lot of skimming.
I love Lucy and May's stories, but I don't think this one is one of them.
Miriah
Sep 14, 2021 rated it it was ok
This was exhausting.

The relationship itself was okay, and in a different book I might have liked it a lot more, although Riggs wasn’t really all that likable. Everything else was overwhelming though.

A ton of the dialogue made my eyes cross with how absurd it was, and far too many innuendos and unfunny jokes.

The big misunderstanding was, as per usual, super obnoxious, and the HEA ending was super rushed.

To piss you off even more, the epilogue isn’t even about the main characters, but instead i
Kk
Sep 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle_unlimited
Ohhh So Close To Being 5 Stars!!$

4.5 Lovin' It Licking Thicket Stars
⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ok...The puns just keep on rolling in this spin off of The Licking Thicket series. Omg solo funny!!!

Carter finally gets a man...We saw Carter pine over Tuck & stick around for whatever reason made sense to him after Tuck & Dunn got married. But we find that Carter has a good soul...good words & deeds too. Someone needs to come along a just sweep him off this feet...

A marine will do..lol 🍆

Enter Riggs or William Riggs..

He's fl
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Drilled (Four Bears Construction #7)
  • Pick Me (Sunday Brothers, #1)
  • Firefly Lane (Briar County, #1)
  • Encore (Famous, #4)
  • Truth or Dare (Dare to Try, #3)
  • Dare Me (Dare to Try, #2)
  • Dearest Milton James
  • Operation Meet Cute (Operation HEA #1)
  • Friendly Fire (Never Just Friends, #4)
  • Forbidden: King (The Four, #4)
  • The Former Assassin's Guide to Snagging a Reluctant Boyfriend
  • The Jock Script (The Script Club, #3)
  • Dare You (Dare to Try, #1)
  • Puck Drills & Quick Thrills (CU Hockey, #5)
  • Sparrow (Rebel Sky Ranch #2)
  • Off Key (Whispering Key, #3)
  • Embers (Scales 'N' Spells, #4)
  • On Board (Painted Bay #2)
See top shelves…
I write M/M romance with humor, heart, and heat. Check out my backlist here on GR for a selection of series and standalone or visit www.LucyLennox.com!

I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated!

Licking Thicket: Horn of Glory (2 books)
  • Hitched (Licking Thicket: Horn of Glory Book 2)