Start by marking “Bossy” as Want to Read:
Bossy

Bossy

Michael Piersen isn’t up for complications. He’s one of Sydney’s fastest-moving career-focused corporate realtors, and the only thing he has time for is one-night stands with zero fuss.

Bryson Schroeder’s back home from two years overseas with plans to leave his family’s hotel empire and begin his own business ventures. Out with friends to celebrate his return, he sees a go
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 277 pages
Published March 4th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Bossy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bossy

Start your review of Bossy
Snjez
Mar 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was a very light, sweet and enjoyable read.

I really liked Michael and Bryson, both as individual characters and as a couple. I quite enjoyed the beginning of their story, but it's the middle part that I loved the most. This author writes relationship development and interactions between characters so well. I loved watching their arrangement turn into something more. The pacing was perfect and I felt like I was there with them, every step of the way.

The last part was a bit underwhelming fo
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Mar 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This one is just too precious for me. Walker, you made me stupid bump the feeling.

It's been quite a while since I fell for a book this hard and fast.

If this book was a stranger, I would be in real trouble because I just fell in love with it. Like fell for it as it swept me away just when I was a few pages in.

As much as I was enjoying the read, I was finding it difficult to actually control my feelings trying myself to calm down. I don't know how deep I was falling when they were falling for ea
Cadiva
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is an absolute classic N.R. contemporary romance, filled with humour and heat.

I loved the Fourth Wall introduction to the book which we hear from Michael, the Mr Bossy of the title.

It acts as a sort of Prologue, it's a bit like the equivalent of a narrator's voiceover giving the reader the pertinent facts before the story begins.

I'm sure some people won't be keen but, for me, bracketing the main elements with Michael's words direct to the reader really worked.

It set the scene for what turn
Jan
Mar 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, favorites, ku
**** 4 stars ****

Angst free, uncomplicated, charming and super hot.
Just what the Doc ordered! 😏

I loved the lightness on this and the MCs banter!

Kerish |  Wesmie's purple skittle.
4.85 stars 😍

You know the feeling when sometimes you're afraid to read a minimal-to-no angst book because they usually feel lacking? Happens to me a lot. Even a few of NR Walker's books didn't "do" it for me.
But this one, oh this one... 😍 Who can say no to a cliché well done?

Mr SAF and Bossy made me giggle non stop from the first time they met until the very end of this book. They just clicked so much that you'd know you were in for a very fun ride from the beginning. Every sex was also scorchin
Bev

A virtually angst-free, lighthearted contemporary read from Nic, with very likeable characters. Call me a mind reader 😏 but I absolutely called it and KNEW that Michael and Bryce were going to cross paths eventually...professionally speaking of course, it was inevitable [oops, listening to the Seafare Chronicles at the mo, and that one just slipped out 😉]. Most of the sex the two had was fade to black and at first they certainly did go at it like bunnies...until suddenly everything chang
Mrs.V
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Funny, sweet and sexy, pure N.R.Walker at its best!
I always find myself snickering and muttering to myself when two characters in a book agree to “no-strings-attached, uncomplicated sex”, saying oh, yeah, because it always goes so well! This time Michael (aka Bossy) bet me to it, opening the book with a “want to know how my life went tits up in the last year” introduction.
The characters are funny and though on first sight they might appear as opposites, Michael and Bryce fit together like puzzl
Lazuli
Mar 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 stars
I needed to read something like that right now but I won't give it more stars because even though it was very romantic and sweet, it was also plain.
A plain hot sweet romance, but sometimes it's all what we need.
I really enjoyed it! So cute!
Sita the Reader
Feb 26, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-read
Cute read

Unfortunately, I was a little underwhelmed by it all. I think I could have done with a tad more angst and grit — everything was just a little too perfect.

It’s a fun & easy read but not as engaging as other novels from this author.
Miju Rahman
Apr 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was very excited to get to this book when it was coming out and then I forgot to read it because I was so into other books. So I finally remembered that I wanted to read this book and I finally got to it. I don't know what I was expecting from this book, but I think I was expecting so much more from this story. I think before reading the book, I was thinking that this book was going to be dramatic and have more emotional scenes in it. I am happy to say that this book was a little dramatic and ...more
Ariana
Mar 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
4,25 stars

A total winner in the ‘light and fluffy’ category!

This was fun, cute, angst-free and really romantic. And pretty hot, too!
I felt all the 😍😍😍 Bryce and Michael were throwing at each other, their chemistry clear right from the start. And not only the sexual kind.

Best part for me was how their relationship gradually changes from ‘no names, no details, no complications’ to ILYs and forever. Expertly done! And the 'naughty' banter made me grin broadly!

I agree with other readers that the i
moonlight ☾
5 cute af stars

this book was a light, angst-free read and i loved it! i'm usually all about the angst in my romances, but i couldn't give this less than five stars because it was simply ✨cute af✨. i was either smiling, laughing or swooning throughout the book, no in between. it's what i needed atm so ig it just worked perfectly for me. 🥺
AussieMum
Mar 20, 2021 rated it really liked it

Classic NR Walker.

Light, seriously sexy, angst-free and dare I say “fluffy” but the relationship development is so wonderful that it’s simply a pleasure to read.
Lizzy (reviewsshewrote)
Apr 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Did you see that? That was my soul leaving my body.
Gabi
4 stars.

Sweet and lovely! N.R. Walker is an instant buy/read author to me and it's always worth it in various degrees. From her most recent works this is my favorite, for sure. With her usual writing style, this perfectly edited book was light and fun.

It follows Bryson (26 yrs), who has just, barely came back home after living abroad for two years, and Michael (28 yrs), who is successful and looking for some fun in the form of a man. That man is Bryce and after 3 orgasms, the best sex (Michae
WycEd Reader
Mar 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing

Check out our full post for BOSSY on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Angie – ☆☆☆☆☆
Loved this book. Two funny, sexy men who had me hooked from the very first page. This was a fun read with lots of hot sex, laughter, and characters I could connect with. I felt like I was right there in the moment with Michael and Bryson. I loved how they went from no names, no nothing to being such a great duo. Highly recommend this book.

Sarah – ☆☆☆☆☆
I am always amazed by N.R. Walker’s abilit
Zee
Apr 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
I picked this book up because I was in the middle of recommending M/M contemporary romance to a friend. I noticed this new release and set off on reading it immediately. And honestly? I don’t regret that it’s 4am and I’m drafting this review.

Michael Pietersen is a 28-year-old corporate realtor who’s pretty much the titular character. He’s focused, driven, professional and confident in what he does with a dash of passion that almost makes me envy him. He’s cool and collected in the face of his wo
Kat
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I gave this book five stars, but if I could, it would be 10. To say I enjoyed the story seems like a giant understatement. By the first few pages, I knew this book was going to capture my heart! This outstanding novel embraced everything that makes a true romance lover rejoice. Both of the MC’s were realistic and the chemistry was so incredibly potent. The author is one of my favorites and her writing excells. This little treasure had all the feels, from humor to heat that should have melted my ...more
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received from author for an honest review

N.R Walker has again given us a beautiful, funny, sexy story that I just devoured.

I loved the just sex, no name way that our lovelies start their relationship. The connection and sexual tension between the can be cut with a butter knife it is that thick1

I also liked that it was set in my home town of Sydney, so I really could picture the areas it was set, which always increases my enjoyment of the tale.

I fell in love with Michael and Bryson as they fe
Kristine
Mar 07, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This book was not available on audio so I read the ebook version. I have liked this author in the past and when I saw it in the new releases, I decided to give it a try. In Bossy, we get to meet two men who are extremely successful in their individual careers (well, one is and the other is making somewhat of a career move, but that is neither here nor there for this review) Anyway, they meet up at a bar and enter into what is supposed to be a very uncomplicated, no strings affair. Affair is prob ...more
Miss Blattsalat
Mar 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
„I did NOT see this coming…..Highly traumatic and life-changing. With a dash of possibly wonderful.“

This book!! I LOVED it and I wish I could give more than just 5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟!!

The story begins with a LOT of steam 🔥🔥🔥
In German you say: Mein lieber Herr Gesangsverein!!
This is not what you know from NR Walker´s books, but it is oh soo good!!

This is the story of Michael and Bryson.
They meet in a bar.
They both want the same.
Physical, sexual relief for one night.
No committment, no names, no complicat
Lena Grey
Apr 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“... there's no such thing as casual sex because the brain is always responding...At the same time as you are physically stimulated, the brain is ticking along collecting data: Is this person kind? Are they patient? Are they humorous? Can they listen to what I need?” ~ Kate Green Tripp (Casual Sex is Never Casual: What the Brain Reveals)

When Michael Pietersen and Bryson Schroeder, of ‘Bossy’ by N.R. Walker, get together for a night of casual sex, they do not expect to be so impressed with each o
Dawn
Apr 01, 2021 rated it liked it
Here I am once again, ready to lament about being sucked into an NR Walker book only to emerge post-read feeling colossally disappointed. I almost DNF'd this one but I hung in there and it DID get better but not enough to elevate it out of 3 star territory.

My beef with NRW's stories is always the same. Inevitably, the premise sounds great, the reviews are stellar, the cover is sexy AF. However, I'm always underwhelmed by the execution of the story and how surface her novels feel on so many level
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews
Bossy is a wonderful standalone romance by NR Walker.

Ohhh...two hot men, weekly hookups, and totally anonymous. Hell yes. Until things get more personal, as the fuck buddies get to know one another better.

I love Michael and Bryson and their story. They start off with the agreement to work once a week. I absolutely love the names they call one another in their phones. "Bossy as fuck" and "Sexy and Fuck." Just pure entertainment around this, as it's on par with their typical banter.

And then they
Michele
Mar 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book was so much fun to read.. I’m an angst junkie but this was low angst so I thought “meh”. I’ll give it a try. It was an absolutely delightful story to read. Two people wanting uncomplicated, no-strings-attached, mutual-physical-gratification kind of sex is completely normal...no biggie right? Especially when both parties agree to keep things as anonymous as possible. What could possibly go wrong?

Michael, a hard working and successful realtor that loves his job. He’s worked hard to get
haletostilinski
This was so light, sweet and adorable and the best fluff. This would be a perfect read if you needed a pick me up.

It starts out as sex between Michael and Bryce, our two MC's, but in true Walker fashion, they can't help but fall in love eventually and the story is more about their romance than anything, and it's just so sweet and adorable and they're so in love that you just have to swoon at their sweetness.

Michael and Bryce meet at a bar, and both are just looking for some no strings, casual s
meep
Mar 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bbj, arc
5 Stars

Michael Pietersen is a realtor and he is good at his job. He goes to a bar, for a potential hookup, after a busy day. Bryson Schroeder is the son of James Schroeder, the owner of a string of famous hotels. He has recently come back from two years abroad to open his own line of Kopi houses. He goes to meet up with friends, at a bar and meets Michael. What starts as a no-name hookup turns into a once-a-week arrangement that quickly moves into more.

Bryson is adorable. I absolutely love that
ButtonsMom2003
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku, blog
Sexy, hot and sweet!

How refreshing to read a story as smoking hot, yet super sweet, and low angst as this book. Don’t get me wrong, I love all of the angsty goodness that I’ve found in other books by N.R. Walker but I loved Bossy just as much.

Michael and Bryce start out as a one-night-stand that turns into several nights that turns into something much more serious. The sexy time was hot AF but there was a nice slow-burn build up to the romance and I enjoyed every bit of it. The only downer was B
rain
Mar 19, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I haven't read anything for the author before when I saw it in the new releases, I decided to give it a try and the readers raved about the book so what's all this about here we go In Bossy, we get to meet two men who are extremely successful in their individual careers Anyway, they meet up at a bar and enter into what is supposed to be a very uncomplicated, no strings affair and was supposed to be one night, and then it just evolved from there. They didn't even exchange names just lot's and lo ...more
Annie
Sometimes I want angst, and sometimes I need an uncomplicated great romance. Bossy is the latter and it is precisely what I was craving. This book has a perfect blend of physical chemistry, some heavy steam, great banter, and good writing.

I love the overall simplicity of Michael and Bryson's romance and how the uncomplicated no-strings-attached physical relationship morphs into a love story that includes plenty of feelings. I also liked that despite the fast-paced, easy tone, Bossy isn't lacking

• Mr. Uptight
  • Stud (Four Bears Construction #5)
  • Dirty Forty (Friendship and Desire #1)
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Sweet as Honey (Aster Valley, #2)
  • We Have Till Monday
  • Show Me (Extracurricular Activities #3)
  • Headstrong (Vino & Veritas, #3)
  • The Night Of
  • Schooling the Jock (Nerds vs Jocks, #1)
  • Starting From the Top (Starting From, #5)
  • The Murder Between Us
  • Heartscape (Vino & Veritas, #2)
  • The Boy Who Loved Wicked
  • Fools (Licking Thicket, #3)
  • Fluke and the Faithless Father (The Fantastic Fluke, #2)
  • The Quiet House (Black and Blue, #2)
  • The One That Got Away
Author also writes as A. Voyeur

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but likes it even more when they fa