Start by marking “Her Soul to Take (Souls Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Soul to Take (Souls Trilogy, #1)

Her Soul to Take

(Souls Trilogy #1)

4.10  ·  Rating details ·  11,641 ratings  ·  1,520 reviews
Leon
I earned my reputation among magicians for a reason: one wrong move and you're dead. Killer, they called me, and killing is what I'm best at.
Except her.
The one I was supposed to take, the one I should have killed - I didn't.
The cult that once controlled me wants her, and I'm not about to lose my new toy to them.

Rae
I've always believed in the supernatural. Hunting for g
Published April 10th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Her Soul to Take, please sign up.
Chanel Number5 Needle play is basically non existent, you should be good. One scene has consensual piercing, other scenes have some blood involved, but more from scr…moreNeedle play is basically non existent, you should be good. One scene has consensual piercing, other scenes have some blood involved, but more from scratching. You should be good. (less)
Paige Neither. It references that both the h and H are bisexual, but there are no actual scenes in the book. Just between the two main characters.

·  11,641 ratings  ·  1,520 reviews

Start your review of Her Soul to Take (Souls Trilogy, #1)
Riley
Oct 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: monster
this is the horror romance book of my dreams
mina reads™️
sometimes true love is a goth bimbo velma lookalike and her hot demon boyfriend who is totally trying to steal her soul

it was hot, the mcs were bi, the plot was sorta interesting/fun and leon (demon boy) could get my soul among other things 😌

cons:
too long
repetitive as hell
ending felt too easy and anticlimactic
leon did not feel as powerful and scary as he kept claiming he was 🥴
also I didn’t buy the whole they’re in love thing, sure they were hot together but there was only like one scen
Crystal Bell (Crystal_reads_)
Her Soul To Take is a full-length standalone.

I swear, each time the author writes a book, she proceeds her previous work. This book is like no PNR I have ever read. Ever. Add erotica on top it. Now I know what some are thinking it's over the top. I am here to tell you it's not. The author's vivid imagination and her writing talent give you the perfect balance of the two. This book is delicious, and I see a reread in my future.

My review will be vague. You will see no spoilers. All I will say i
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
If you’re looking for a monster/horror romance, this is a great read! Very unexpected but I loved the gothic vibes, the intensity, and of course the STEAM. It gets kinky here so make sure to check the CWs in the blurb. We’ve got a demon who’s supposed to kill the heroine, but finds that he can’t do it. He chooses to help her and keep her safe instead, all the while making all her dark, twisted sexual fantasies come to life. He’s got some anatomy that made for an interesting read 👀 I liked the he ...more
Cas
Aug 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Maaaaaan I’m so sad I’ve finished it😭
This was such a fun read! I didn’t expect this at all.
The writing style, dual pov, an intriguing plot line and the right amount of smut was just on point. A whole page turner.

It was filthy af and I loved it. I’ve learnt new things about myself..I won’t elaborate any further. But let me tell you that demons are my new kink.

Also, apparently I like pnr genre now. Definitely reading the rest of the series. Even though I will be missing my man Leon as the main
❤️ Nanda ❤️
May 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Pics-Art-09-06-04-52-19

IMG-20210504-113813-784

4.5 Take-My-Fucking-Soul and Call-Me-Baby-Girl Stars

Oh my God... What a ride!
I'm not gonna lie... I didn't knew what to expect when my friends convinced me to read this book.
If you look into my read books, you won't find any paranormal romance, or paranormal books at all.

It's not my gem, and it's okay... There are books for everyone out in the world.

That said, I FUCKING loved Leon, aka The Demon! 😂😂😂😈😈😈

The story started slowly, building the scenery and the characters and I wasn't too imp
Monique
2 "Rae is TSTL" stars

I genuinely want to know, does anyone like a h that has to be constantly rescued?

That first 20% had me so optimistic about this book but then once the danger started our dear heroine Rae truly turned into the biggest TSTL h I think I have ever read. Even other characters in the book made mention of the fact that she was hard to keep alive because her self preservation was non existent.

"Tell her to hurry up. It's hard enough keeping Raelynn alive. Damn woman's sense of self
moretomary
Oct 13, 2021 rated it it was ok
Dnf. I might have to come back to this one—not vibing with it like I thought.
Jessica
Jul 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars (check the author's synopsis for TWs)

When I started this book, the beginning was definitely slow. It took me about two days to get through just 30%, but once the paranormal aspects of this book really started to come into play, I could not get enough of this story. I loved Leon and Rae's relationship and how Leon started falling more and more for Rae. She definitely didn't make some very smart decisions (trusting people she obviously shouldn't), but Leon couldn't help but protect her f
myo (myonna reads)
Oct 24, 2021 rated it really liked it

man.. this was so good, the plot, the smut!! the romance. i really hope the author writes more paranormal romance because this was everything. every different from other paranormal romances i’ve read and i loved that. the ending was corny as hell tho ngl. cant wait for zane’s book i’m hoping for some reaaal freaky shit to happen in that one.
• Lindsey Dahling •
The only warning I needed for this book was that he was going to call her “baby girl” as a term of endearment. Gross.

Two other important points of information:

1. The BDSM relationship IS consensual.
Both are into it. This isn’t a Christian Grey type of thing. No one needs convincing. All parties are on board.

2. The cat survives the book.
Nothing makes me jump ship on a book or movie faster than when I learn the main character has a pet. It rarely ends well (for the pet…and me). But, this time it d
julia ✿
[ 𝟹.𝟻 / 𝟻 ✩ ]

My soul was his to take, to love, to own – forever.

[ 𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝙼𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚌 ♫ ]
𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚛

| 𝚆𝙷𝙰𝚃. 𝙰. 𝚃𝙸𝙼𝙴. ✿ |
❝I can’t just keep severed heads around my yard,❞ I said.
❝Oh, I’m sorry.❞ Leon turned to face me. ❝Do they not fit your aesthetic? Would death suit your aesthetic better?❞

Her Soul to Take was a decidedly interesting little book.

Okay, it was definitely more than a little weird, but also oddly addicting at the same time? To be honest, I'm not really sure what HSTT was supposed
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)

This is a paranormal romance with some horror and lots of heat. Totally new author for me and got to say I was impressed I loved this and it was mostly because of Leon I adored him in all his dominant demotic sexiness.
So here Rae moves back to her childhood stomping ground Abelaum It’s the small town where she grew up and she has fond memories of it. Her parents have retired to Spain and she is currently occupying their old cabin whilst attending college.

Rae has some unusual extracurricular acti
❄︎ Amy Estridh
Done with my reread to prepare for Her soul to revenge that is being released in a few days!!!

I didn't write a proper review for this book the first time, so I thought I would try now. And by try I mean I'll tease with some SPICE this book has to offer😏

Ok but first of all, I love this on so many levels. Ngl tho, most of the levels being Leon. But also the story and the suspense - this is the part I love with urban fantasy.

The heroine, Rae, has no self-preservation at all. She's basically throwi
Darlene I read WAY to many books
Milinas Library
3.75 stars?? Idk. I’m conflicted with my feelings for this book.

Basically, Rae is moving back to Abelaum her home town because her parents are retiring in Spain and she wants to adult and get some independence. But this town is creepier than she remembers, there’s creatures in the forest and she found a very old and very scary grimoire in her childhood best friends book store. She’s a ghost hunter, so when she gets this grimoire she decides to summon a demon because she thinks it’ll just be a g
Valkyrie ✨
Nov 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: monster-romance
“I could forget all the danger outside these walls, and let darkness be my shelter here. I could let wickedness be my sanctuary, perversion my therapy, and a monster be my lover.”

This was the perfect horror erotica and monster romance. I’m obsessed. And it gave me bisexual main protagonists, so I couldn’t ask for more.

This book plays beautifully with complicated kinks such as consensual dub-con, humiliation, sexual asphyxiation, erotic pain… And everything is portrayed under an insistent me
Ms reads a lot
Nov 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars ⭐️

I would have liked this book a lot better if it wasn’t for the heroine, Raelynn. She was just too stupid to live! She would make dumb decision after dumb decision, ignore her own 6th sense of danger, and disregard outright warnings by Leon. I understand that she was written this way on purpose — literally the whole point of the book was her continuously getting into trouble and Leon bailing her out — but her stupidity got tedious. She was so annoying that I kept having to take readi
Jessica 📖
Dec 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
✨ 4 stars ✨
🌶 4 spice 🌶

A late proper review, but finally writing it.

Harley Laroux really knows how to write a good smutty romance and I am here for it. I have read a few PNR romances but none like this. Also thank you for the discreet cover!

It did start off a bit slow but once I was in, there was no getting out. I was obsessed with the relationship between Rae and Leon and I really need the next book
D. BookAngel
Dnf @77.8%

Yeah. Am in the super small minority with this one. I didn't like it. I think this is my first dnf for a paranormal book. I just can't even make myself pick up this book just to finish it and I was so close. Rae ruined the book for me, I can't stand the girl. She got on my nerves from the start and wouldn't stop. I really tried to like it but just couldn't. Not even Leon's split tongue could do it for me.
Michelle
Aug 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Popsugar Challenge 2021 - A book published in 2021

I love Harley Laroux, whatever she's writing I'm going to read it so here I am reading my first ever paranormal erotic romance and oh my, the fun we had.

We have Rae, a YouTuber with a paranormal channel and we have Leon, a demon from hell with a split tongue who very much enjoys making people scream.

This was such good fun. Laroux really does write the best CNC scene's I've ever read. I love them, they are full of steam, suspense and safety and
ps.midnight.picks
OMG! just waohhh.. I didn't like the Dare so much by this author but definitely liked this one.. 4.5🌟s

pri ✧
Sep 27, 2021 marked it as not-interested
i dnf'ed this book but i just read a scene from it on twt and now i want to read it?? ...more
h! * + .♡
holy shit im speechless. this is probably my favourite book of the year it was insane. i now have the biggest book hangover ever, i don't know how im supposed to continue with my life now.

i loved the gothic vibe, the descriptions were so fucking good and immersed me into the story and the characters, the writing is unreal and the SPICE—holy fucking shit. the graveyard, the coffee table, THE PIERCING SCENE YES. im not being dramatic, but i think im just going to reread this book now.

i NEED zane
abigail ❥
Nov 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, smut, 5-star, dark

HELLO CONSENT! WE LOVE YOU! AHHHHHH!
I actually really fucking loved this book!
I'm not going to lie... My expectations going in were low because I was expecting it just to be a hardcore SMUT book but it's sooooo much more than that. The PLOT! I was hooked from the start. From Demons, cults, mythical/paranormal creatures that make your skin crawl and blood chill with goosebumps down your ski
gloria montagov ✧*:・゚
Sep 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tbr-smut, tbr-autumn
➥ 4.25 Stars *:・゚✧

well damn. leon is currently at the top of my book bfs list because jesus christ. that man is hot.

originally, i was sure, SURE that this book would be 5 stars but only a few things put me off.

💀 rae was insufferable.i forget who it was that said it in their review but her lack of self preservation was not my problem bc i could read about leon saving her all day. but she just sounded so dumb at times. it can’t be so hard.

💀 “BABYGIRL”????? i genuinely felt a desire to murder due t
Malene
Aug 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Her Soul to Take was one amazing and entertaining story. The darkness and the over the top possessive demon Leon was my kind of hero. When reading a dark paranormal story I expect possessiveness and here Leon delivered. He was rough, brutal but always seeking consent from Rae. Such a turn on. Her interest was the paranormal and with Leon and mysterious deaths she got thrown right into it. I was invested from the get go.

The world building and plot was flawlessly constructed resulting in me being
Misha
Oct 18, 2021 rated it it was ok
Rae Lynn Emily Anne Grace was so DUMB and exasperating I was literally rooting for her to get shot in the head. Like… what’s not clicking, queen? Everything, apparently.

Choosing to look the other way and let Jesus take the wheel after you’ve just been explicitly informed that you’re currently being roofied because said drink tastes yummy and you don’t want to stop drinking it is honestly iconic behavior. I mean, wow.

“Despite the anxiety shooting off alarm bells in my head, I gulped down a mouthf
Stephanie
I’ve heard so many good things about this book and the premise is very cool… I was putting off reading it because I thought there was a cliffhanger, but the trilogy is 3 standalones.

I think there’s potential in the series, like I will probably still read Juniper’s book when it comes out at the end of the month, and you know I’m a sucker for soft girl/ demon boy so Everly’s dynamic with Callum is interesting.

So why didn’t Rae + Leon work for me?

The first thing is, maybe it’s because Rae is so b
Sam - s.rae.reads

“𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙖 𝙙𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙣 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨, 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜, ‘𝙔𝙤𝙪’𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙚, 𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡.’”

this book....where do i even begin to talk about this book? I loved every second of this. This is a paranormal story about a girl moving back to the creepy, rainy small town she was born in to attend college. Rae is a paranormal investigator and she accidentally, sort of summons a demon named Leon and shit gets wild from there. It's culty, dark and spooky. It will honestly make you wan

• Tarnished Vow (Boys of St. Augustine, #2)
  • Distorted (Alabaster Penitentiary, #1)
  • Violent Tendencies
  • Meant for More
  • Haunting Adeline (Cat and Mouse Duet, #1)
  • Spiteful Punks (Dolls and Douchebags, #1)
  • The Death Club (Dead Men Walking, #1)
  • Lotus
  • Immoral Confessions (Boys of St. Augustine, #1)
  • Make You Beg
  • Sweet Cruelty (Ruthless Obsession #1)
  • Breaking the Bully
  • Gangsters and Guns
  • Her String of Pearls (Iron Elite, #1)
  • Just for a Little While
  • Gravity (Wilde Boys, #1)
  • Ricochet (The Rapture, #1)
  • Little Doll (Queens of Chaos #1)
See top shelves…
Harley is a writer of Dark Romance, Erotic Horror, and Erotica. She enjoys crafting steamy stories on the dark and kinky side, the creepier the better.

Harley lives in Washington with her husband and three cats. She loves horror films, dry red wines, and almost always has a candle lit. Most days she can be found at her desk drinking tea with at least one cat on her lap.

You can find Harley Laroux on

Souls Trilogy (2 books)
  • Her Soul for Revenge (Souls Trilogy, #2)

News & Interviews

“In French, there’s a phrase for the random urge to jump from high places, the irrational desire to swerve into traffic despite imminent destruction: l'appel du vide, the call of the void.” 7 likes
“I’ll rip Heaven and Hell and this goddamn Earth apart before I let them steal you from me.” 4 likes