Start by marking “Downsizing” as Want to Read:
Downsizing

Downsizing

Forced to suddenly downsize her life, and not by choice, pushes Mary Pat Latham to give up all that is familiar, to reexamine her life in every area, and to eventually open her heart to new beauty and purpose, instead of only looking back in regret.

At midlife, Mary Pat Latham has an almost perfect life-a successful husband, a beautiful home, four fine grown children, and a
ebook
Published April 1st 2021 by Mountain Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about Downsizing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Downsizing

Start your review of Downsizing
Julia
Mar 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Down Sizing by Lin Stepp is a charming contemporary Christian novel and part of the Mountain Home series.
Lin Stepp has created a realistic and likable heroine in Mary Pat. It is refreshing to have the focus on her as she is not your typical leading lady, being past the first flush of youth and in her fifties and overweight. She has brought up her family and her life revolves around them until a bombshell is dropped. She is very relatable.
Like many of us, Mary Pat struggles with her weight. It sh
Cheryl
Mar 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-reads
This review can also be found in Currant7 Recommends.

Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the author. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

description

Marian "Mary Pat" was blind-sighted by her husband, Russell, into a divorce that she never would see coming. Thirty-four years together with four grown-up children, and yet, her marriage fizzled out beyond repair. In a whirlwind decision and at a loss, she sets off to her
Lee
Apr 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Lin Stepp has done it again! “It” is the creation of credible, endearing characters in a small town setting. “It” is gifting her readers with an opportunity to step into that small town and truly see and feel all that her characters are experiencing. One of the reasons I love reading novels by Lin Stepp is that I know she never disappoints. Her characters are always larger than life. Her settings are beautiful and inviting. And her story lines are always relatable.

In Downsizing, Ms. Stepp bring
Pam
Apr 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Downsizing may be just the book for those readers who complain that most Christian romance novels feature young, beautiful women. Mary Pat is a wife who has paid her dues. She has raised her children well, taken care of her home and husband, and participated in various community organizations during her marriage. When her husband of thirty-four years comes home with the unexpected announcement that he wants a divorce because she has become boring and has gained too much weight, Mary Pat is shock ...more
Wren
Apr 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Decades of life spent in marriage, raising children, adjusting to the empty nest. All swept away when Mary Pat's surgeon husband Russell comes home and informs her that he will be seeking a divorce, selling their family home in two months, and (by the way) that she has put on too much weight. Heartbroken, Mary Pat flees to the Tennessee mountains to her parents' vacation home, the place where she grew up. She needs to lick her wounds and figure out how to put her life back together.

However, whil
Suzie Waltner
Apr 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
As a person much nearer retirement age than adolescence, I really appreciate characters in books with more life experience, and Lin Stepp gives readers that and more in Downsizing.

From the first chapter, I couldn’t help but sympathize with Mary Pat. Her life is turned upside down in a matter of minutes and she’s adrift. I also couldn’t help but cheer her on when she makes a choice to improve her life or admire her determination to go after that goal.

And then there’s Owen—a man I liked the first
JudyAnn
Mar 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Amazing friendly supportive characters from Lin Stepp AGAIN! The "A Mountain Home" series are stories that can be enjoyed by many readers --- women, men, young adult. My husband reads these and he's not much for novels.

Lin had taken us to one of her favorite locations with a few different twists. I am grateful for her work to produce wholesome, clean reading that doesn't insult my intelligence or convictions. The Christian aspects of the story are not clunky, but inspirational.

While all had to