Start by marking “Bobbins And Bodies (Stitches In Crime #2)” as Want to Read:
Bobbins And Bodies (Stitches In Crime #2)

Bobbins And Bodies

(Stitches In Crime #2)

All she wanted from the old house was the gorgeous mantel, not a dead body.

Paisley Sutton always expects the unexpected when she goes into a house to salvage the architectural prizes before its torn down. She evens knows she might encounter a rodent or two. But she really isn’t expecting to find a dead body, not again. And when it turns out the young man she found slumped
ebook
Published April 6th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Bobbins And Bodies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bobbins And Bodies

Start your review of Bobbins And Bodies (Stitches In Crime #2)
Lola
I received a free copy of this book from the author and voluntarily reviewed it.

Bobbins and Bodies is the second book in this new cozy mystery series and just like the first book I enjoyed reading this one. There's another mystery as Paisley stumbles upon a dead body in a house she's salvaging. There's plenty of danger and tension and also some fun daily life scenes.

While I enjoyed this book, the mystery in this one gripped me less than the one in book 1. After finding a dead body in the house s
Charlene
Apr 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Charlene by: amandasmother@aol.com
a really fun read
Jeanne
Apr 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Bobbins and Bodies is the second book in the Stitches in Crime series by ACF Bookens.

Paisley is a 40-some year old single mother of a toddler. While going through a house to be demolished, Paisley finds a body which puts the demolition and potential income on hold.

It starts out really well. I loved what Santiago said about cross-stitcher. I’m starting to resemble that stereotype. Then it became more than just investigating the old murder. There was something much bigger and dangerous going on an
Andrea
Apr 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit, mystery
I was so worried for Paisley and Mika in this one. I wanted to finish it to know they were okay, but I didn’t want to keep reading in case they got into danger. The fear was palpable in this one! In the end Paisley and Mika are okay, the mystery gets solved, and their friends are there for them. Read this one when you are prepared for all the feelings.

I received an advanced copy of this one. This is my review.
Eileen
Mar 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
This second book in AFC Bookens’ Stitches In Crime series is a little more gritty than the first, from the moment Paisley finds a body in an old house she has been permitted to demo she is drawn into a world of backwoods cults and subjugated women. Paisley and her friend, Mika can’t turn away without trying to help find out what is going on in the back mountains. This was a tense story even as it reveals more of the relationships between characters. It is part of a series, but can work as a stan ...more
Michele
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Finding the body of a young man among the ruins of a house Paisley was having torn down began a journey into a cult where the men abused, assaulted and raped woman. Paisley and Mike intend to put a stop to this and almost lose their lives. An eye-opening and frightening narrative. The scenes
so well crafted you can feel yourself right there with them. An exceptional story and outstanding portrayals make for an all around remarkable book. Highly Recommended.
Stephanie
Mar 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Although this is the second book in the series, and I didn't read the first book, I didn't feel like I was missing anything and was able to jump right in where the story starts. Paisley starts work on a house looking for pieces that she can salvage and sell. Unfortunately, they find a dead body instead. Paisley and her friend Mika stumble upon a local cult as they try to find out what happened. Add in her son Sawyer and a handsome sheriff and this story has all of the makings of a great cozy! ...more
Jill
Mar 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love these characters. Cannot wait for more books in this series.
Paisley has been given permission to take whatever she could use/sell at an old homestead. Mika's uncle has a crew that can help take the house but when they get there and Paisley and Mika do a walk through they find a body. Which eventually leads to a backwoods cult. From the time that they start looking into this cult they are being terrorized. You may wonder how this cult is involved with the dead body? Who killed
Avis Witter
Mar 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An incredible read! Religious cults and the consequences that occur within and without the community is an unsettling subject but, once again, Ms. Bookens handles it with aplomb. Great interaction between the characters makes the story quite unnerving at times but this gives the story grit. We learn a bit more about Paisley and her family and the developing relationship with Santiago. It seems salvaging to earn a living is a difficult task when a body is discovered and you don’t know who to trus ...more
Rita
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Bobbins and Bodies has action, suspense, and colorful characters that made me not want to put this book down. It goes deeper into the relationships that develop between Paisley and Santiago as well as Paisley’s interactions with the other people in town.

Paisley has a gift for stumbling onto dead bodies and into trouble but this time she may have more to lose. Paisley and Mika teamed together with Mika’s uncle Saul to tear down an old building while Paisley looked for items to salvage and stumbl
David Berg
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received a free advance review copy of this book and am voluntarily providing my honest review. As usual Bookens delivers a powerful story. Paisley and Mika get in over their heads while looking into stories of a cult. If not for Paisley's Dad, Lucille and Santiago, there may not have been a future for Paisley and Santiago. I can not wait to see what Paisley gets into next. I highly recommend this book.
Merrie
Mar 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is another first-rate story. The characters are very interesting and well-drawn, with lots of personality and the little quirks that make them so realistic. The plot itself is complex, full of interesting details and enough twists and turns to keep you reading from the first page to the last. I loved it!

I voluntarily read an Advance Reader Copy of this terrific book and am so glad that I bought it. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves a cracking good story.
Michele Bishop
Apr 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Paisley Sutton is planning to assist with dismantling an old house for the salvageable materials she can sell. She talks with her friend Mika's uncle Saul, who owns a construction company and he agrees to help her with the demolition and salvage. When they start looking through the house for usable items, Paisley finds a human finger and the Sheriff is called. They discover the body of Stephen "Rocket" Southern who had been missing for the past eight years. After talking to Rocket's mother Olivi ...more
dnsyl57
Apr 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Bobbins And Bodies" is the 2nd book in the "Stitches In Crime" series by A.C.F. Bookens. Paisley Sutton is ready to do a salvage operation on an old house when she discovers a body just before the demo is start. The body has been there for a number of years. It doesn't take long to discover that the death wasn't an accident and that it may be linked to some secrets.

This book had me thoroughly hooked and a bit creeped out by the behavior/actions os some of the suspects. My heart was racing righ
Apr 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Pulse pounding ending! Many scary, emotional moments.
Paisley discovers a body on a salvage job and gets involved in finding out what happened to the victim. When she and her best friend go to console his mother, they learn more about a "church" in The Hollow with questionable beliefs. Is this death related to the church or its members?
Why is Mika's uncle so friendly with these people?
Paisley's son Sawyer adds much needed humor and lighter moments to this dark topic novel.
She also has a few almos
Javon50
As Paisley Sutton prepares to assist in tearing down a barn for salvage materials, she finds a skeleton. Finding that it may be the skeleton of a person missing for several years, Paisley can’t help but wonder what happened to this poor soul. Soon she gets herself and best friend Mika caught up in a mystery that may be more dangerous than Paisley ever imagined. I love this series which finds a middled-aged single mother of a three-year old who has found ways to provide for him in an unusual way. ...more
Dwayne Keller
Apr 11, 2021 rated it liked it
Paisley is set to salvage a house. As they do a walk through, they find something suspicious in a corner. Turns out to be a skeleton. The police are called and an investigation ensues. How long as the skeleton been there? Could it be a man that went missing years ago? Why was the body buried in the house? Is the local cult involved? Join Paisley and her friends while they try to figure out who killed the skeleton.
Sandy
Mar 22, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Paisley, with the help of Mika’s uncle Saul prepares to raze an old house for salvage until they find a skeleton. Their investigation leads them to helping the Sheriff infiltrate a local religious cult.

I like Paisley, Mika and the rest of the characters. But I found the story too dark for a cozy mystery and I couldn’t see anybody in law enforcement allowing two civilians to put themselves in that kind of danger.
Susan Franke
Mar 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Paisley has a salvage job where a body is found It leads her and Mika .They start looking into a cultishwhw church The storyline kept me engrossed with the clues leading to the question who can you trust. Strong support characters add to the enjoyment of this series
I recieved an ARC from the author
Blackfootviking
Bonnie Theel
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
If you like cozy mysteries, this is definitely the book for you. Paisley is still salvaging to make a living for her and her son. When she went into the house to see what could be salvaged, she found a finger. This is where the mystery starts.

I received an ARC of this book, and this is my honest opinion.
Terry Nichols
Apr 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Paisley finds a human finger while she and the construction crew are tearing down a house. Paisley, along with Mika, Santiago, her parents and a few others solve the case after a terrifying meal at the suspects home. I recommend this book to everyone.

I received a free copy of this book.
Beth Helm
Mar 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was one heck of a roller-coaster ride from beginning to end. I never saw the ending coming.
Lisa
Mar 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It was a great nightly read, with a little romance, but what it means to have a great best friend to count on forever, and a great relationship with family.
Kathy L
Mar 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved Paisley the heroine and her best friend Mika. The story grabbed me and kept me reading straight through. Well paced and some suprizing things that happene.
Sue
Apr 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another book in an entertaining series that I have enjoyed reading from beginning to end.
Kathrin
Apr 06, 2021
rg gorham
Apr 07, 2021
Donna DiMaria
Apr 10, 2021
Sharon Clark
Apr 07, 2021

• Pecks and Suspects (Clucks and Clues Cozy Mysteries Book 5)
  • Here Ghost Nothing (Ghost Detective #5)
  • Muffins and Misdeeds (A Belle Harbor Cozy Mystery Book 2)
  • Velvet Cake and Murder (Sandy Bay #22)
  • Dundee Cake Deception: Albert Smith's Culinary Capers Recipe 8
  • Strawberry Short-dead (Apple Orchard #13)
  • Cupcakes and Catastrophe (A Belle Harbor Cozy Mystery Book 1)
  • To Love and to Perish: Felicity Philips Investigates Book 1
  • No Cone Unturned (Apple Orchard #12)
  • Who's That Witch? (Holiday Hills Witch #3)
  • Stand-In Murder : A Humorous Cozy Mystery (Hollywood Whodunit Book 2)
  • Red Roses and Bloody Noses (Fern Grove #7)
  • Mirto Magenta (Franki Amato 6.5)
  • Death at the Salon (Daisy Thorne, #2)
  • The Beginning of the End l
  • The Disappearance of Emily (Destiny Falls Mystery & Magic Series #2)
  • Shucked Apart (A Maine Clambake Mystery #9)
  • Act it Out (A Hailey Webb Mystery, Volume 2)

Stitches In Crime (3 books)
  • Crossed By Death
  • Hanged By A Thread (Stitches In Crime Book 3)