Start by marking “Welcome To Camp Slither (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #9)” as Want to Read:
Welcome To Camp Slither (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #9)

Welcome To Camp Slither

(Goosebumps HorrorLand #9)

Twelve-year-old Boone and his sister Heather love animals of every kind. That's why they wanted to come to Camp Hither. The wild legends of man-eating snakes and disappearing campers are hisss-terical! But Camp Hither has a cold-blooded secret: Somebody has unleashed a hungry horde of slithery snakes!

Can these two survive long enough to accept their invitation to

Published April 15th 2009 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Welcome To Camp Slither, please sign up.
Jane You can't. This is a site to write and read reviews and to keep track of what books you've read. You can try ordering it online or finding it in a…moreYou can't. This is a site to write and read reviews and to keep track of what books you've read. You can try ordering it online or finding it in a book store or library.(less)

Start your review of Welcome To Camp Slither (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #9)
Archit Ojha
Mar 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-we-own

The story setup was pretty nice. It always is.

A young boy embarks on a camp to a forest with his sister and school authorities. Only that is rumored to be more than just a camp. It is a survival battle.

Snakes and plot twists are as good as they can be!

But the end came and that was abrupt. Well that is, again, always is.

You know what they say in my lane, "You never know with Goosebumps".

Right, the end comes and settles the story. Then begins the Horrorland from where it left off in part #8. You
Veronica Morfi
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Rating: 2/5

Review to come (after I write a gazillion more)
Ritika Chhabra
Follow Just A Girl High On Books for more reviews.

You didn't think that I just stopped after reading two books of Goosebumps, did you? Nah, I just had to go and pick up another one, albeit one from a different series. And now I'm dying to read this entire series. I guess, Goosebumps: Horrorland is the only series that is related to each other (sort of). And probably that is why I want to try it ASAP. I remember highlights from the previous novels, a few of which I had read. (Or maybe they were
6th Grade Honors Language Arts Class
Book review rough draft
Goosebumps: Welcome to Camp Slither
By R.L. Stine

Goosebumps: Welcome to camp slither by R.L. Stine is an exciting and adventurous book that makes you want to read it over and over again. It is very anticipating. I just love the series that goes with this book. The genre of this book is horror, it sends a creepy chill down your spine.
The protagonist of this book is a young boy named Boone. He is very brave doesn’t get afraid very easily. Some of the minor characters are
❤Marie Gentilcore
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, series, kids
The kids are back to school and we are back to reading the Goosebumps Horrorland series. This book was about a snaky summer camp and kept the kids entertained. But, my favorite part is when the Horrorland story continues. We accidentally read book 9 before 8 so we will be reading 8 next.
Yolanda Sfetsos
During our thrift store adventures, we've been lucky enough to find a bunch of Goosebumps books, and this one is part of the Horrorland collection.

I used to read Goosebumps to my daughter when she was in primary school. And years before that, I used them to tutor English to kids.

So, of course I'm interested in checking out all the ones I haven't read.

WELCOME TO CAMP SLITHER:

Boone Dixon and his younger sister are excited about going off to Camp Hither. But as soon as he makes a friend, Roddy
Lincoln
Mar 12, 2014 rated it liked it

“Welcome to Camp Slither” by R.L Stine is a fictitious story told by a young boy named Boone Dixon at a summer camp. Boone, and his older sister, Heather, are sent to Camp Hither for a fun summer vacation. The children however, know little about what they are getting themselves into.

This story is told from the perspective of Boone Dixon, a ten year old boy who loves adventuring. Boone has a sister named Heather who is a couple years older than him and acts like she is not afraid of anything. The
Adam Krause
Oct 31, 2013 rated it liked it
“Welcome To Camp Slither” was an okay book. Twelve-year-old Boone is going to summer camp with his sister Heather. Boone meets a boy named Roddy. Roddy is horrified by snakes and some older kids at school told him scary stories of snakes at the camp. They say there is a monstrous snake slithering around the camp. Things turn a bit scaley for the group and they may have bitten off more than they can chew with this camp.

Roddy was my favorite character in the book. Roddy is a quiet kid who is
Mason.osman
Jan 11, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked the suspenseful elements of this book. Boone and his sister, Heather, went to a summer camp called Camp Slither. Most of the kids were all the same age, and the camp counselors had been there for many years. There are many legends and stories about the camp, in which some are comical. All the camp counselors play tricks and pranks on the kids about a giant snake. It was fun to read and I was anxious to see what was going to happen next. Overall, this was a good book and I reccomend it to ...more
Quentin
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I give Camp Slither a 4 star rating. I liked the beginning of the book because it tells us about the characters. The setting takes place at Camp Slither. My favorite part is at the beginning when they play a prank on her brother. This book is a really good book.
Mark
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a good book and really good rotten I really liked it
Rebecca
Shake, shake, shake, Rattlesnake shake...

Have you ever thought to yourself "What if Welcome to Camp Nightmare's big twist involved mad scientists instead of aliens"? Well, good news! This is just the book for you!

“Welcome to Camp Slither” follows twelve-year-old Boone and his ten-year-old obnoxious sister Heather as they go to a summer camp called Camp Hither for a couple weeks. There, they meet a kid named Roddy McDonald (his parents are jerks apparently), who tells them that everyone calls
Jo M
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book is about a kid named Boone and his sister, Heather. Their parents sent them to a camp for the summer. Boone and Heather been to other summer camps before, but this one is like no other. Boone meets this kid on the bus named Roddy. He tells Boone all these creepy story about Camp Slither. Boone thinks he's just making things up to get out of summer camp. But Boone doesn't realize that strange things are about to happen.
The main character of this book is Boone. Boone was all excited to
KidlitUnderground
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
CAMP SLITHER has an ostensibly creepier storyline than much of the rest of HorrorLand... perhaps because the snake potions and transmogrification are technologies that are probably being worked upon as we speak. Throw in a spooky old camp, a conspiracy theory, and mad scientists, and this is Fear Street level creepy (AKA Stine at his best).

It's sci-fi meets psycho-drama... which means it could happen.

Now that I've read like 6 of the horrorland books... you really need to get in the groove (ie,
Sarah Goodner
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, opi-nordic
Who doesn't have a love-to-hate relationship with snakes? But when the snakes are running the camp in a plot to destroy the campers, the situation gets even more slippery. This installment of Horrorland really crawled under my skin.
Tommy Cucchiara
Not great, Bob.
Jc
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have read better books by Stine.
Beth Monk
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I quite enjoyed this story. I think the twist was good. I thought I knew what was going to happen and j was partly right.
I do really enjoy the writing but l prefer the point horror books
Kate Grimm
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The giant pile of mice was very Stephen King's Night Shift. This one was actually pretty freaky. Were-snakes ...more
Deacon
Nov 26, 2019 added it
good book 10/10.
D’Anthony
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it
It’s an ok book, it was a confusing book but also very intense. I would recommend this book to people who like a lot of stuff put into one book
John Naylor
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book 9.

The main story was okay but not as exciting as others. Part one was just there.

Part two was more exciting. The children might be getting closer to answers.

Alexa
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think it was great! There was a lot of mystery’s that just left you and wanted you to read more. This book makes you think which keeps you in to the book and love it.
Elizabeth Larsen
A scary mystery chapter book that you should definitely read at night! - Recommended by Christian, 3rd Grader
King David The Great
Jun 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
Candra Hodge
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Snakes!

Snakes when camping are always an issue.....but what if snakes are part of the camp?! A very disssssturbing read. Enjoy
Cmeiss330
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you get a chance, I'd highly recommend listening to the audio book read by Andrew Rannells from The Book of Mormon musical. He does such a great job!
Gitty Mandel
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Scary, creepy, and fun!
Matthew
Sep 27, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked this book but it wasnt as good as it lookes.The book is about a boy named Boone who throu the entire book I thaught was a girle but its a guy.The book of course is fiction just like all the other R.L. Stine books. my favorite part is when boone throws the kid named Robie witch at the moment was a snake at the scientist witch I thought was pretty funny. Anyway here are som reasons I recommend this book to anyone who is an R.L. Stine book fan. I think you will like this book because it is ...more
Becca W
Jan 25, 2013 rated it liked it
I thought this was a good book. Not the best, but good.
Welcome to Camp Slither is based on Boone and his sister, Heather, who are excited about going to summer camp. On the bus, Boone meets a boy named Roddy, who knows all kinds of stories about Camp Hither. He knows that Camp Hither is also known as Camp Slither, and there's another story that says a huge snake named Serpo lives in the lake. Nobody believes Roddy, but a few days after camp starts Roddy goes home. Actually, Roddy gets tested on
« previous 1 3 next »

• Grumpy Cat: A Grumpy Book
  • Becoming Johnny Vegas
  • The Sword Saint (Empire of Salt #3)
  • Once Upon a Thriller (Nancy Drew Diaries #4)
  • Wolverine: The Long Night

R. L. Stine

Goosebumps HorrorLand (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Revenge of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #1)
  • Creep from the Deep (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #2)
  • Monster Blood For Breakfast! (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #3)
  • The Scream of the Haunted Mask (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #4)
  • Dr. Maniac vs. Robby Schwartz (Goosebumps HorrorLand #5)
  • Who's Your Mummy? (Goosebumps HorrorLand #6)
  • My Friends Call Me Monster (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #7)
  • Say Cheese - And Die Screaming (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #8)
  • Help! We Have Strange Powers! (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #10)
  • Escape From Horrorland (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #11)