Start by marking “A Twist of the Wrist II: The Basics of High Performance Motorcycle Riding” as Want to Read:
A Twist of the Wrist II: The Basics of High Performance Motorcycle Riding

A Twist of the Wrist II: The Basics of High Performance Motorcycle Riding

Straight facts about riding! A Twist of the Wrist, the acknowledged number one book on rider improvement for ten years straight, brought riders worldwide to a new understanding of vital riding skills. Uncovers and traces, action by action, the direct links between man and machine.
Published August 31st 1997 by Code Break (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about A Twist of the Wrist II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Twist of the Wrist II

Start your review of A Twist of the Wrist II: The Basics of High Performance Motorcycle Riding
Mart
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book does a magnific job at explaining how a motorcycle works, in terms of the intersection of physics, engineering and rider interaction. It also explains how rider psychology works, how it can kill you, and how to turn it into your advantage. The book is highly practical and the instructions can be put into immediate use on your motorcycle. It is not meant only for high performance motorcycle riders. Most of the stuff works on any motorbike.
Jessica
This is such a weird book, and I kind of love it. It's written for an audience with a skill set that's opposite of mine: that is, for people who don't understand what most words mean, but who are knowledgable about racing motorcycles. Throughout this book, many words are starred with definitions given at the end of each chapter. There's no obvious logic to which words Keith Code choses to define, and often the definition seems more complicated than the word itself. Some examples, chosen at ...more
James
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Absolute must-read for motorcyclists of any level.
Kevin Bjorke
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bikes
This book, its precursor and the film are riding essentials. I know some attempts have been made but really TWIST OF THE WRIST and TOTAL CONTROL are the only books on riding that have really changed the wayI think about being on the bike, even though I’m no racer. Read this book, learn your limits and ride safe and enjoyably for many years. Re-read it, too.
christopher lewton
Motorcycle Majesty

Fantastic book. Always reading it; studying it. The only better book is it’s first- Number 1. Code does an amazing job at helping riders improve.
Jonathan
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Written for racing but good info for all riders!
Theo Kokonas
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Keith Code is possibly the first racer to put his thoughts down on paper and release Twist of the wrist and Twist of the wrist II. I started reading Twist of the wrist but found it a little fatiguing and I couldn't figure out what it was. I stopped reading it and picked up Twist of the Wrist II and found it a lot more interesting. The second volume had a lot more instruction i.e. "Don't cram your crotch right up to the tank, try leaning further back to give more weight balance to the back tyre" ...more
Alex Rice
May 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Keith Code's book has some really really valuable content and provided me with an understanding of how and why a motorcycle is performs in high speed cornering maneuvers. The messages are very valuable to the motorcyclist. The book provides detailed descriptions of why the motorcycle reacts as it does to rider, road and speed inputs. He clearly explains what to do and not to do to maintain proper driver and motorcycle conditions. He emphasizes how survival responses (SRs) can cause problems ...more
Naomi
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another read to get me in the mood for riding. It won't happen anytime soon sadly because there's about four inches of snow on the road right now and there'll probably be another four by tomorrow morning. Still, I've been meaning to read these since my uncle suggested them and I'm a new rider (been riding for about a year now). I can't wait to get back on my dual sport.

As such, this book is more for crotch rockets, but if you really know all types of motorcycles, like my uncle, then you can make
Lorraine
Aug 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Provides easy down to earth explanations as to what a high performance machine needs/doesn't need to properly perform. It's geared towards track racing, but all the knowledge can be adapted to street riding as well. I have learned more about technique after reading and applying the knowledge of this book. I highly recommend this book to EVERY rider, sport bike or not. I don't care if you have 20+ years of riding experience, I guarantee you'll learn something new in this book.

My husband and I are
David
Aug 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: motorcycles
Keith Code's book is a manual for sportbike riders. Code covers the unique challenges to riding a sportbike as well as how to make best use of the dynamics of a high performance machine. Many of the techniques described in this book are most useful on the track - cornering, for example. You can't use all of the pavement on the street without getting close and personal with oncoming traffic. Still, the techniques in this book are easily modified to street riding. It's definitely worth a thorough ...more
Dav Paulsen
Focused on racing, but a lot of good in it

I picked this one because reviews indicated it had everything in it from the first book plus. This focused on racing but a lot of the techniques and discussions can be taken directly to the street for more skilled and safer riding.
Linas Jakaitis
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Worth reading twice. Definitely one will get better understanding about the survival reactions, physics on various riding positions and biker philosophy! Personally learned two new tactics that I would not have thought of before.
Gert
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolute must-read for every motorcyclist. Even if you're a recreational rider, not doing track days, the amount of usable information in this book is phenomenal.
Carlos
Aug 29, 2008 added it
hey i like motorcycles...
Uldis Sturms
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to apply for California Superbike School.
Frane Milicevic
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Must read for any self-concious Rider , reasonably explained , would prefer if it were more scientific.
Pat Wendorf
Aug 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
He calls this book the cornering bible, and he seems to be absolutely correct. I probably learned more from this book than I have in 3 years of riding.
Saul Powers
Fathomless
Jan 02, 2018

• Total Control: High Performance Street Riding Techniques
  • Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well
  • Performance Riding Techniques: The MotoGP Manual of Track Riding Skills (Moto Gp)
  • Motorcycle Roadcraft the Police Rider's Handbook to Better Motorcycling
  • Stealing Speed: The Biggest Spy Scandal in Motorsport History
  • The Fast Stuff: Twenty years of the top bike racing tales from the world's maddest motorsport
  • Zig Ziglar's Secrets of Closing the Sale
  • In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks . . . And Other Complaints from an Angry Middle-Aged White Guy
  • Earn Over $100,000 Selling Cars - Every Year
  • Anatomy Without a Scalpel
  • Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness
  • The Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation: A step-by-step, gene reprogramming action plan
  • It's Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy
  • The First 90 Days: Critical Success Strategies for New Leaders at All Levels
  • Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy, #1)
  • The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead
  • Rabid: A Cultural History of the World's Most Diabolical Virus
  • Ring of Fire

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »