Start by marking “Dangerous Love (Takeback #1)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Love (Takeback #1)

Dangerous Love (Takeback #1)

Dangerous Love is the latest romantic suspense thriller from USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author Riley Edwards. New series, new steamy, hot heroes. Welcome to Takeback.

One night. No names. Two hearts forever changed.

There wasn’t a lot that surprised me. My years in the Navy taught me a lot, my years hunting human traffickers taught me the rest. Meeting a b
Kindle Edition
Published June 29th 2021 by Rebels Romance

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Love

Start your review of Dangerous Love (Takeback #1)
Dora Koutsoukou
Jul 18, 2021 rated it liked it
3 ❤️⚡️❤️⭐️s

A nice suspenseful romance read.
A one night stand and an unexpected pregnancy later.
Some things were slightly dragging and others farfetched.
The hero said he had feelings for the heroine and in his job was supposed to be the best at finding anyone and anything.
So, how was it possible not to be able to find the girl with the blue eyes all those years??… It didn’t make sense!
While the story had an intriguing beginning, after it felt flat and repetitive.
Shelley
Dangerously GOOD ⛔️

Wow, Dangerous Love is the first book in this new series Takeback by Riley and it is out of this world❣️

Brooklyn meets a man in a bar and it leads to one night of carnal indulgence where they both live out their fantasies and go their separate ways in the morning. Now, five years later neither has forgotten the other and they meet in the most unlikeliest of places😳

A fantastic story and I absolutely loved all these characters😍 I’m excited for Letty’s story next❤️
Jill S (Love Affair With Fiction)
Bloggers & Bookstagrammers sign up HERE to be a part of the release for this Romantic Suspense Thriller!

Dangerous Love is the latest romantic suspense thriller from USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author Riley Edwards. New series, new steamy, hot heroes. Welcome to Takeback.
Jane A
Jun 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a cracking start to the brand-new Takeback series from Riley Edwards and I have to say one of the best first chapters ever - I read it with a huge grin on my face! After sharing the perfect one night stand as strangers Brooklyn and Rhode pert but don't forget. Cycle forward five years and tragic and dangerous circumstances bring them together again and from the roots of that wonderful night their beautiful story unfolds but hold on to your seats because it's a full blown guaranteed emotiona ...more
Vicky
Jun 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Five star read... I couldn't stop reading once I started.

I absolutely loved loved loved everything about this. Had me from the start until the end... truth be told I didn't want or need it to end!! This is a wham-bam of a start to a new series.

Rhode and Brooklyn were just perfect for each other... I didn't find one bit about either of them irritating! Love Remy too. I loved that we actually got a story from beginning to end, I like my romance mixed in with some suspense and trauma.

Am now all an
Denise H
Jun 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love everything about this book! The heat, the sexy, the chemistry, the characters, the second chance love, the story development, the dialogue…all of it! From the funny, sexy beginning to the shocking second meet surrounded by danger, grief, drama, a sizzling connection, and a big surprise, Brooklyn and Rhode pulled me into their story.

Brooklyn and Rhode have a chance meeting with an instant attraction that leads to an amazing night. Years later they meet in a tragic way but the spa
Cathy
Jul 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Hooray New Series!

I had been anxiously awaiting this new series and it is sure worth the wait! Exciting, edge of seat, page turner, none of these descriptors come close to being adequate. The love story between Rhode and Brooklyn is hotter than hot and the totally charming Remington lit up my heart. I'm already antsy for Book 2, but then, isn't that always the way with a Riley Edwards book?
Renee Blankenship
Jun 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A great new series by Riley Edwards! I love Rhode and the rest of the guys from Takeback . As always Riley’s books are well written with well developed characters that everyone can relate to and love. The addition of Remy adds a sweet and funny element to the story. The book provides both romantic and steamy scenes with lots of suspense and a excellent plot. I can’t wait for the next book in the series to see what the other team members and Letty gets into.

I received a free copy of this book via
Christine Zenoz
So good!

Loved this book. It had romance, suspense, and lots of humor. Definitely recommend. I can't wait for the next one!
Darcy
Heather
Jun 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
I loved everything about this book! The steam, the suspense, the love!
I adored Brooklyn and Rhode they were absolutely brilliant. A one night stand with a bit of a secret. The love these two had for eachother from the very beginning was so amazing to see. The family aspect of this book was absolutely amazing I loved seeing the Walsh family with Brooklyn, and not to mention Brooklyn and Letty! I absolutely loved this friendship so much. I can't wait for Lettie's book. All of the characters that w
Val Woolley
Jul 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant start to this series compulsive reading wonderful story full of suspense plenty romance very emotional in parts. They meet five years ago had one night of great sex left next day not knowing each other’s names, to meet up again five years later while Rhode was on a mission with his team helping with people who had been caught up in a trafficking ring.Brooklyn was looking for her friends sister. They’re story restarts from there the suspense and intensity of their story with t ...more
Sharon Caldwell
Jul 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

On my gosh, I love this book! This story is so hot it will melt the underwear off you. I didn't know what to expect when I started reading Dangerous Love, but I have to say this book is a 100 stars as far as I'm concerned. I love all of Riley Edwards books and this is one of the best.
Island Girl Romance Reads
Jul 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
My Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

What a awesome beginning to a new series.
Riley Edwards is one of my favorite romantic suspense authors and I’m so happy she’s started this new series.
Brooklyn and Rhode are perfect for each other. Love them.
Great storyline with a great romance and suspenseful moments.
Can’t wait to read more of this series.
Shaunna McPhie
Jul 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!!

Such a great book.
One night without sharing names, five years of wondering but never forgetting.
Rhode and Brook make one hot couple. Love at first sight (sort of) a "Cheeky" little boy, loving extended family.
This book moved like a shot, went by way to fast.
Loved it!
Reading Addict
Jun 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Well Riley Edwards is off to a great start with this new series because Dangerous Love was a page turning hit! Five years ago Brooklyn and Rhode had a magical night together. No names, no promises, just feelings. Well 9 months later Brooklyn ended up with a beautiful surprise but had no way of knowing how to contact her son's father. Fate and human trafficking has brought these two back together and now they have a second chance to get things right but everything around them keeps going wrong! D ...more
Trish R. Ali
Jun 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, second-chances
So thrilled with this new series by Riley Edwards. Dangerous Love checked every single box for me, it has a compelling story, main characters that have sizzling chemistry and awesome secondary characters. I cannot wait for the next book in this series.
Nancy Kehl
Jun 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ooooo Emmmm Geeee....what a way to start a new series with all of the heat and steam of 2nd chances and enough action packed, heart racing terror to keep you on the edge of your seat. Loved it!!!

Twinkle
I have been in a book funk for a very long time. And that has been a major reason why I haven't been able to connect with the MCs in the books I've recently read and I was scared that would be the case in Dangerous Love as well. I couldn't be more wrong.
If you've not given Riley Edwards a chance, you really need to. You will not regret it.

I absolutely loved this book. I loved Brooklyn and the kind of person she was.
I FREAKING LOVED HER JOB!!!!
Many authors try to make their heroines independen
Sandy Kelly
Jun 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is book 1 in the Takeback series. When I first started this book, I thought Rhode sounded familiar and then I figured it out! We actually meet his character for the first time in another series (Gemini Group) in Holden's book! So in this first book not only do we get Rhode and Brooklyn's story but we also learn about Takeback and meet the men who are a part of it. Rhode and Brooklyn first meet in a bar and have their one night together. Neither even knew each other's names, for which they b ...more
Escape to the pages
Jun 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A new series from my go-to author and it started with its usual gusto.

The first chapter is hot as F* and don’t think that’s it…it gets hotter.

A series kick off book is always a difficult one, it’s easy to lose the central characters whilst trying to draw and engage a reader into a broader group of people, but RE managed it in her usual kickass fashion. A strong introduction to the Takeback team with hints of the characters to come in the next few books and enough about the rest of the team to k
mnhockeymomreads  Heather B
Jun 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in Edwards latest Takeback series. Rhode and Brooklyn spent one night together five years ago. From the first page I knew that I was going to want to be best book friends with Brooklyn. She is funny, a romance reader, and an audiobook narrator. I mean what could be better. Oh, her best friend owns a strictly romance book store. She spends one HOT night with a hottie and she cannot get him out of her mind. The problem…..names were never exchanged. It was meant to be just on ...more
Hope Jones
Jun 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Every time I read I read a Riley Edwards book, specifically the start of a new series, I go into it thinking there's no way she can top the last book/last series.
And every. Single. Time. I'm proven wrong by this fantastic author!

Dangerous Love starts off five years before the story truly begins. We start by meeting the charming, witty and quirky Brooklyn. She's in a hotel restaurant/bar and immediately spots our possessive, alpha, take-no-sh*t hero, Rhodes.
When Brooklyn lands eyes on Rhode, s
Di
Jun 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
One of my go to authors who never disappoints and so excited for this new series on the Takeback men who are a specialized group, going after human traffickers.
First up is Rhode who meets “the one” in a hotel bar and spends six amazing hours with a woman he never exchanged names with. Fast forward five years and he runs into her again when a trafficking case brings her back into his life. The woman he never forgot, her ocean blue eyes haunting his dreams, and now that he has found her again, he
Nicole
SO.MUCH.GOODNESS.

SO. SO. MUCH.

And it’s all packed into Riley Edwards's newest release. Dangerous Love is the first book in her new Takeback series and it is worth the read. Although I binged it in less than a day, this book will be one that I will go back and read MULTIPLE times. To catch the nuances, to feel the love, to just bask in wonderful writing. These are all things that seem to be observable in a Riley Edwards book...

But I babble…

If you've ever read anything by Riley Edwards, you know
Debra Smith
Jun 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to a new series. This book starts off with Brooklyn sitting in a bar hanging out while her best friend is sleeping to grab a bite to eat and people watch as she works on her computer. She notices a man walking to a table near her that grabs her attention. She then notices his companions are as hot as him. She is intrigued by him, he notices her in return. She tries to get her best friend to come join her at the bar and bring her phone so she can sneak a picture and see the ama ...more
Tammy Moldovan
Jul 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Brooklyn and Rhode - a swoony second chance alpha hero HEA

I just loved the heartwarming, action packed, emotional roller coaster journey that is Brooklyn and Rhode’s HEA. This is a beautiful second chance romance where we are reminded that all choices have consequences and pasts cannot be changed, they can only be accepted. This book does a phenomenal job of giving us three dimensional characters and well rounded storylines. Five years ago Brooklyn and Rhode had a life altering one night stand b
Angela H
Jul 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Rhode, Brooklyn and Remington

Holy wow. So these two meet up in DC because of their jobs and Brooklyn decides not to exchange names from their six hours of amazing sex, and then she apparently becomes pregnant and really not having a way to find Rhode to let him know about his precious son Remington, and then BOOM Rhode and team members are rescuing some people caught up in human trafficking and one of the rescued claimed to the Welsh's daughter Kiki, and they're also the family that took in Broo
Trish (Beautiful Chaos Reviews)
Dangerous Love is the exciting first book in the new Takeback series by Riley Edwards. Once again, Riley is winning with her alpha heroes and strong heroines. I particularly like how the guys of Takeback are taking out human traffickers and being our alpha knights with some dented armor that we all love to fall for as we read the books.

We had med Rhode in a couple of the Gemini series of books, liked him, but didn't know a lot about him. His and Brooklyn's first meeting was explosive, life-chan
Becca
Jun 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I'm always nervous about starting a new series, even those from my favorite authors. But Dangerous Love did not disappoint. I loved Rhode and Brooklyn. The secondary characters are just as interesting. And one of these characters absolutely stole my heart. You'll just have to read to find out!

Brooklyn and Rhode meet by chance in Washington, DC over a weekend. The two have an instantaneous connection and magnetism they can't deny. They both agree on - One Night, No Names. When Brooklyn walks awa
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Falling for the Delta
  • Trusting Molly (Silverstone, #3)
  • His Greatest Risk (R.I.S.C. Book 10)
  • Jeremiah (Guardian Defenders #4)
  • Forever (Linear Tactical #14)
  • My Heart's Home (The Long Road Home, #1)
  • Cobb (Lighthouse Security Investigations, #9)
  • Shielding Devyn (Delta Team Two, #6)
  • Her Faithful Protector: A Navy SEAL Romance (Night Storm Book 6)
  • Hot SEAL, Independence Day (Brotherhood Protectors; SEALs in Paradise)
  • Ranger Redemption (Brotherhood Protectors Colorado Book 3)
  • Shadow Pawn (Shadow SEALs #1)
  • Blaze (Linear Tactical #13)
  • Undeniable Risk (R.I.S.C. Book 9)
  • Shadow Assassin (Shadow SEALs #2)
  • Dino (Trident #6)
  • SEAL's Promise (Alpha SEALs Coronado Book 5)
  • Black Knight (Black's Bandits #4)

Riley Edwards is a Wall Street Journal and USA Today Bestselling author, wife, and military mom. Riley was born and raised in Los Angeles but now resides on the east coast with her fantastic husband and children.

Riley writes heart-stopping romance with sexy alpha heroes and even stronger heroines. Riley's favorite genres to write are romantic suspense and military romance.

Don't forget to sign up