Start by marking “The Mix-Up (Southern Hearts Club #3)” as Want to Read:
The Mix-Up (Southern Hearts Club #3)

The Mix-Up

(Southern Hearts Club #3)

She thought she accidentally slept with her boss...
She didn't know he had a twin brother.

Real talk: I slept with my boss. Back before he even was my boss. Back when I had no clue who he was.

Real talk: My boss is an arrogant jerk. I hate him. If we didn’t work so well together, I would have told him exactly where he could shove his pompous attitude a long time ago.

Turns ou
Published April 6th 2021 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Mix-Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mix-Up

Start your review of The Mix-Up (Southern Hearts Club #3)
Mia.Mi.Jou
3.5 STARS
The book has a light tone and an easy relaxed flow with humorous writing. I really liked the writing style here and it was refreshing to read a book for once with next to no grammar or typing errors.

I loved Ryder, his hot and dirty mouth, but also his patience and determination, even if he came across as possessive alpha in the beginning, which is not my favorite type of a hero. But he loved Gretchen fiercely, he spoke her language and they had together really great chemistry.

This is al
Tracey
Mar 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I knew I was going to love Gretchen's story because I thought she was a hoot from the moment I met her but I had no idea what a complex character she would turn out to be. If you've read my reviews of Ms. Munton's first 2 books in this series, then you know she was a new author to me but she has quickly become a one-click author. As I said, Gretchen is a complex character and it was intriguing and interesting to come to know all sides of her. Honestly, at times I actually felt bad for Ryder and ...more
Angela Dee
Apr 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
I've always loved Melanies books, they are always full of passion, steam, and are very entertaining!
The Mix Up also had me laughing! Gretchen was a hoot and I knew I'd love her right away. The chemistry with her and Ryder 🥵....I thought my phone was going to short circuit! 😅

I love how Gretchen is a strong, confident women, focused on her career and won't take sh!t from anyone, including her boss, who happens to be Ryder. Her group of girlfriends and their advice, banter, and sarcasm were perfec
Melanie Munton
Mar 04, 2021 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
****💜NEW TEASERS!!!💜****
Amazon US
Apple iBooks
B&N Nook
Kobo

Pre-Order The Mix-Up (Southern Hearts Club #3) today!!!! 🛀👠💋 G-DAY is April 6th!!! 💜💜💜
Sharon
Apr 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh, Ms. Munton you have outdone yourself on this one. I knew Gretchen was going to be fabulous, but I’m totally blown away by her and Ryder’s LOL sexy verbal foreplay and hot, hot, hot panty-melting moments. Gretchen is MY spirit guide, folks!

Gretchen’s tried and true mantra of “distract, deflect, and disengage” has always worked for her, but this whole boss and his twin thing (ya, there are two of them, and boy do they have a doozy of a surprise) has thrown her for a loop. She doesn’t do emotio
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

AMAZON / APPLE / BN / KOBO

Gretchen has an annoying boss. An annoying, HOT boss. An annoying, HOT boss who drives her batty because he doesn't seem to remember the night before he became her boss. The night that was the best of her life. So she takes out all that annoyance with him on him and snarks so badly at him that it's a wonder he hasn't fired her yet for her attitude. Unfortunately for him, he can't fire someone who's so damn good at her job. Someone who is so sexy that he dreams o
BB
Apr 24, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Real world problems. Bullshit cookie cutter solutions.

I wanted to like it. My first and biggest issue stopping me came from Ryder. He's Gretchen's boss, with feelings and lusting after her. Ok. Office romance, I'm here for it. He finally makes a move on her, and she unequivocally shuts him down. Hard no. Not interested. And his response is to rub his dick on her and tell her "this is going to happen"

Bro she said no. Just no. I got stuck wondering how everything he was doing afterwards could be
Ree
Apr 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is full of fire & sass with heavy helpings of steam - and I loved it! Full of witty banter and innuendo-laden verbal volleys, this book sucked me in from page 1 and didn't want to let me go.

"Thou shalt not dwelleth on the nighteth thou debased thyself with thy boss."

Gretchen has always played it safe in matters of the heart. Her story was one I looked forward to because, although she's happy about the lives her friends lead, she's been closed off from situations and emotions that make
Jennifer Hines
Apr 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book free from Buoni Amici Press.*

Gretchen had a one-night stand, and it was the best night she'd ever experienced, but when she starts a new job and realizes it was her new boss that she had hooked up with...and he doesn't remember her, she gets a little hot under the collar. She could have just quit, but no that's not her style. She wanted the job, it's a job she loves and is amazing at, so instead she just got hostile toward her boss. It became the normal way the interacted.

T
Jessica Reads It
The Mix-Up is book # 3 of the Southern Hearts Club and despite jumping in mid-series I was able to follow along and fall instantly in love with all the characters!

𝐺𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑛 ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑢𝑝 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑜𝑠𝑠........ 𝑜𝑟 𝑑𝑖𝑑 𝑠ℎ𝑒???

💜The Mix-up is a 𝗹𝗮𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗹𝗼𝘂𝗱, 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 about opening yourself up to relationships and the possibility of love. It's such a fun take on the 𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗲 and I adored the unconventional yet entertaining spin of this story.

💜Melanie Munton is a fairly new author to
pageswithpayten
Apr 07, 2021 rated it liked it
Thank you NetGalley and Melanie Munton for gifting me ana advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review!
A workplace romance with a twist, The Mix-up is steamy, witty and a fun read! I finished this one quick, the writing easy to read and the characters likeable (for the most part). If you like Alpha men, lots of steamy, behind-closed-doors scenes and office romances, this one's for you!
After a passionate night in bed with a stranger, the last thing Gretchen expects is for him
Kelly
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to NetGalley and Xpresso Book Tours for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

About ten months ago, Gretchen spent a mind-blowing night with a total hottie. Two weeks later, she walked into her new office and realized she slept with her boss.

Or did she?

She finds out her boss has a twin and she never slept with him at all. So why does it bother her that it WASN’T her boss that night?

Enemies to lovers.
Sarcastic verbal foreplay.
Boss and employee.
Business trips.
The steam
Natalia Bell
Apr 07, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bgchallenge21
It's the first book I've read by Melanie Munton and it leaves me looking for more about her work.
Her characters are so great. I actually fell in love with Gretchen, a leading women with her own perks and tastes, someone who smokes marijuana while having a glass of wine in her Greek bathtub to make up for a bad day, a Workaholic that loves her job, someone who can speak frankly with her friends without embellishing any words. I love good characters that leave you hooked on pages only to see thei
Amanda Dotson
May 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ooohhhh! You can feel the sexy-angst dripping off of the pages! The witty writing for The Mix-Up had me giggle and laughing out loud.
💜
Gretchen is speechless when she starts a new job and sees her one-night stand from a few weeks previous is her new boss. But he doesn’t seem to remember her... so she plays along ... but is fuming inside about it. Then she finds out he has an identical twin brother ... could it have been him....?
💜
I loved Gretchen’s sarcasm and stubbornness. Everything about Ryder
Leslie’s Library Pages
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing

I adored this book! Though I don’t read a ton of romance anymore, I do on occasion like a good romantic comedy and this was just what I like. The main character Gretchen is a strong confident woman, focused on her career, who doesn’t care what people think, on the outside. I loved all the characters, the group of girlfriends was so good. Their interactions had me laughing out loud, it was great! The banter and sarcasm throughout is exactly my taste. I thought the steam level was just right. Ther
Kari Hansen
Apr 09, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After Gretchen spends an unforgettable night with a sexy stranger, she was surprised to find out that he is her new boss even if he refuses to acknowledge it. She is focused on her career and determined to excel at her job but her feisty personality makes her opinion clear what she thinks of him and his actions.

Ryder isn’t sure what he has done to upset Gretchen until he realizes a misunderstanding with his twin is the cause. He has feelings for her however until this point he had been willing t
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 10, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gretchen is a woman who marches to the beat of her own drum which I loved, but even loved more so was her sarcastic wit since I'm the same way. She hooks up with a hottie before starting a new job, so when she comes in to said new job she can't believe her awful boss is the man she hooked up with, but he's pretending he doesn't know who she is or even remember that night. Her boss, Ryder, really could be a total tool as he had me grinding my teeth more than once, but they are shooting sparks in ...more
Sydney Palmer
Mar 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
**** Netgalley ARC provided in exchange for an honest review*********

The cover of this book said "steamy romance" and it did not disappoint. Normally I am hesitant with "steamy romances" because the plot can come secondary to the spice but I really enjoyed the buildup of the relationship between Ryder and Gretchen and the chemistry that they had with one another.
The "enemies to lovers" trope is one I have always liked so right from the first few sassy exchanges between Ryder and Gretchen, I was
Maggie Whitworth
Apr 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
❤️❤️❤️❤️
💋💋

Funny, passionate, steamy and entertaining.
Melanie’s book was very enjoyable to read.

The characters were good, although Gretchen did annoy me a little I also found her amusing.
Ryder was one sexy man, so was his twin Myles.

If I could possibly have one grouch, it would be that I got frustrated with the amount of sarcastic little quips from Gretchen, yes they were funny on the whole but they were never ending and I felt they detracted from the story in some ways.

Obviously this is a person
Ashleyreads_13
Apr 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to NetGalley for allowing me to review this copy for my honest opinion.

First off, I absolutely loved this one. One of my favorite romance reads is office romances especially when it's boss-employee ones. And this one did not disappoint. It was steamy and just what I needed. From the second I started reading this one I loved Gretchen! And oh boy Ryder he is the definition of hot. What girl doesn't love a man in a suit? I couldn't get through this book fast enough. While this was a quic
Jessi
Apr 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
I gave this one an extra star just for how steamy it is. The chemistry between Ryder and Gretchen is off the charts! For those who need a content warning, this book is very open door.
The story was overall enjoyable, but maybe a bit too drawn out. There were parts that kind of dragged on and felt a bit repetitious to me. Mostly because Gretchen seemed bound and determined to remain obtuse.
However, it was all in all a solid enemies-to-lovers romance. I was unfamiliar with this series before but th
Dawn Foster
Apr 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Mix-Up is the third book of the Southern Hearts Club series and the first book by this author that I have read. First, I would go back and read the first two books, as they help with the introduction of some of the characters. Second, I loved reading and following Ryder and Gretchen's story from start to finish. I found their sarcastic comments and the chemistry between them entertaining and humorous. I look forward to reading more from this author, and will be taking my own advice and readi ...more
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Melissa
Apr 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgal
Holy smokes! Ryder and Gretchen are snarky, have witty banter, great chemistry, and the story was funny.
Having the hottest night of hour life only to find out, later on, he's your new boss and doesn't remember a thing? Or maybe he's not the one you think.
An office romance with a twist, that had guarded characters, an alpha male, an independent h and secondary characters that tried to stir them into the right direction.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book received from
Cassandra
Apr 10, 2021 rated it liked it
eCopy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was a quick, decent read. I liked Gretchen well-enough and totally get being closed off to anything serious.

I was only somewhat interested in Gretchen's relationship with Ryder. I wasn't fully sold on Ryder's voice. Something felt slightly off about how he spoke and I couldn't get into his dirty talk.

I honestly can't point out anything negative, but there's also nothing that's really standing out. It was all very fine.
Nadia
Apr 17, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this one up since I read the previous book in the series and loved it. Honestly though the main character of Gretchen wasn’t a pleasant character nor did I understand her motivations behind her actions. I thought Ryder at times was immature and brutish. They did work well as a couple and I liked the ending. Overall, it was an okay book. Even though this book wasn’t a great fit for me I am looking forward to the next book in the series.
I received this ARC from the publisher and Netgalle
Breanna L
Mar 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Lighter/tamer than some of Melanie’s other series like Brooklyn Brothers. Found myself laughing out loud a few times. Loved what Gretchen discovers about her family toward the end.

In the first two books Gretchen suggests various names for the group of friends—I’m still waiting for them to suggest and adopt Southern Hearts Club to tie in with the series name.

Fun, quick read and looking forward to Quinn’s story in book #4!
Reckless Readers
Apr 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So if you have been keep up with these world of characters, you know Gretchen's story is going to be a doozy!
She's so fiesty and takes no one's attitude but her bosses. Which is good and bad.
Ryder Colson is the big boss. His is also one possessive... Well you get the point. It's so very flipping hottttt.
The chemistry is explosion of fireworks but it's the characters that do it for me. I absolutely adore them. The girls are stronger than ever!!!
Mateja Lah Vojska
Jun 14, 2021 rated it liked it
This was the first book from this author that I read. Reading was quick and smooth, it kept me going, I was quickly reading it. But the story was a little off for me. I didn't like the Ryan's personality or his actions. There were several scenes that I didn't enjoy because of his behaviour.
It is pretty steamy, they have energy and connection, but it just wasn't right for me.

Received arc on Netgalley, all opinions are my own.
Nicole Pinto
Mar 22, 2021 rated it liked it
I liked this. I enjoyed the inner banter, the friendships, and the chemistry was very good. That being said I feel like if a good editor really took a hack at this it could be so much better. The middle dragged for me. Overall I give it 3 stars. All opinions are my own. Thank you to netgalley for the ARC.

• What If It's You
  • Crave (Crave, #1)
  • Half the World Away
  • One More Time (Ruby Falls #2)
  • Love Bug (The Prescotts, #3)
  • The Knockout Rule (Showmen, #4)
  • Requiem of the Soul (The Society Trilogy, #1)
  • Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
  • When We Collided
  • All the Ugly Things (Love & Lies Duet, #1)
  • Ruthless Creatures (Queens & Monsters, #1)
  • Bombshells (Brooklyn Bruisers #8)
  • My Almost Ex (The Greene Family, #2)
  • XOXO (The Calvettis of New York, #3)
  • Brutal Prince (Brutal Birthright #1)
  • Just One Night (The Kingston Family, #1)
  • Love Match
  • Earn Your Extra Credit
See top shelves…
Melanie grew up in the Midwest, but she loves living in the Southeast (where the beaches are!) now with her husband and daughter.
Melanie's other passion is traveling and seeing the world. With anthropology degrees under their belts, she and her husband have made it their goal in life to see as many archaeological sites around the world as possible.

She has a horrible food addiction to pasta and ca

Southern Hearts Club (3 books)
  • The Divorce Attorney (Southern Hearts Club, #1)
  • The Six Month Lease (Southern Hearts Club, #2)