Start by marking “The House of Dimon: How J.P.Morgan's Jamie Dimon Rose to the Top of the Financial World: How Jamie Dimon Rose to the Top of the Financial World” as Want to Read:

A behind-the-scenes look at Wall Street's top banker

Following the eleventh-hour rescue of Bear Stearns by JP Morgan, Jamie Dimon's profile reached stratospheric levels. And while the deals and decisions he's made have usually turned out to be the right ones, his journey to the top of the financial world has been anything but easy.

Now, in The House of Dimon, former business
Published April 21st 2009 by John Wiley & Sons (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The House of Dimon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The House of Dimon

John
May 20, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A decent biography of Jamie Dimon, the dynamo who rose to the top of the financial world as President of Citibank only to be cut off at the knees by his patron Sandy Weill and then triumphantly return atop JP Morgan. This is not only a great comeback story but, as with Walter Issacson's Steve Jobs biography, there is a delightful bit of revenge. Citibank and Weill stumbled. They should have never let Dimon get away.
The problem with this panegryic is that it pays a lot of homage, highlights every
Matthew
Jul 12, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: finances
Eh. Its very light on details, and while it tells you where its going all the time, it never gets into as much detail as it could. For instance, the book never gets into what Consumer Credit (the company Sandy Weil and Dimon turned into Citigroup) actually did - did they have credit cards? Store cards? Finance auto loans? It was described that they were involved in credit for consumers, but what doesn't that cover? I have no idea.
Duff
May 25, 2009 rated it did not like it
I've just completed a book on Dimon myself, and was terrified that this one was coming out six months before my own. After reading it, I could not have been more pleased. It's the worst kind of clip job imaginable. The author should be embarrassed.
RK
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book disappointed. I assume anyone else reading it would want to know one of two things - how did JPM manage to do better than its peers during the crisis, how did Jamie Dimon build a career as a successful banker. It sheds very little light on either point.

The substance of JPM’s performance during the crisis is probably best summed up by the quote attributed to Mr Winters - that the returns on what turned out to be toxic assets were never justified by the risk inherent in them. But apart
Mardel Fehrenbach
Apr 12, 2009 rated it it was ok
This not particularly good but I gave it an okay rating because it was a quick reading and interesting reminder that all is not what it seems on the news and from the mouths of our legislators. Ms. Crisafulli writes with almost breathless adoration and there is little in this book that is not available from clippings in the WSJ, other papers, and company reports. Still it is timely, a quick read, and a reminder that not everyone was so caught up in the finance bubble that they were blind to the ...more
Ann
Dec 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Not a criticism in this book so you might think it is unbalanced but I don't. We need a hero for our age and Dimon has integrity and shutzpa to lead with bravery. It is an easy to understand light history of the happenings of Wall Street.
Michael Harris
Jun 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
Friends of the HHI Library store. Fits my profile, biographies of interesting people. Kind of a puff piece from a Jammie Dimon fan. The business, politics and regulatory nonsense makes me very happy that I am retired and don't have to deal with those things much any more.
Andrew
Aug 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009, memior
This book is phenominal not simply because it is about a businessman who brought a company from good to great, but it doubles as an amazing leadership "fable" that everyone should have on their shelves along next to Patrick Lencioni's books.
Lori Igleski
Apr 03, 2010 rated it liked it
I worked at Bank One when Jamie came to town. I left in mid-2007. I am proud to have been part of the integration team he compares to the 101st Airborne. The account is accurate, but very repetitive and too long for the depth of the analysis.
Ana
May 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Being a fan of all things Dimon I am biased. The best lessons from this book were the little glimpses into Jamie Dimon's leadership style. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in a broad view of what makes sense in business and a different look at leadership.
David
Oct 16, 2012 rated it did not like it
I read this hoping for some insight into Dimon's thinking. I didn't expect a complete fluff piece about his career. There is no real discussion of his approach to regulations, nevermind insight on his management style, strategies, and methodology.
Coco
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
some gossip, some insight, but so much fluff
Andrew Boord
Aug 30, 2009 is currently reading it
Shelves: banking
Not bad. Short on details.
Alejandro Cardot
Hammad
rated it it was ok
Aug 31, 2010
Mike Clarke
rated it did not like it
Dec 28, 2011
B Hoeschel
Jun 30, 2017
Phillip
Jan 02, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Crisafulli grew up in northern New York State near the Canadian border and worked as a journalist in New York City before settling in Chicago, where she was a reporter and correspondent for Reuters. Her work has appeared in a variety of media, including The Wall Street Journal and The Christian Science Monitor, and she is currently a featured blogger for Huffington Post.

Crisafulli also is the crea