Start by marking “The Mocking Man (The Pact #1)” as Want to Read:
The Mocking Man (The Pact #1)

The Mocking Man

(The Pact #1)

Two friends. One pact. A dangerous plan with an elaborate deception. In a world where they must rely on each other to survive, how far will each of them go to honor the pact?
----
The Mocking Man:

Deception.

Not a word I would have associated with myself fifteen years ago. Back then I was innocent and carefree, a teenage boy with big dreams.

Then my best friend Rafe was kid
Kindle Edition
Published February 3rd 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Mocking Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mocking Man

Start your review of The Mocking Man (The Pact #1)
Carla Bulian
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started reading this book totally unprepared and what a great surprise.
This book was so well written and uncomplicated, this story was amazing, maybe some lies.
It’s worth the reading.
Coco.V
Mar 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/3/2020)! 🎁
Elizabeth Connor
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an intriguing, on-the-edge-of-your-seat romance that I couldn't put down. As each chapter ended, I was compelled to continue to the next. The plot is exciting and uncertain, and luckily, it has a clear and complete ending.

Mostly, this was very well executed. My problem was with characters and dialogue. There was a lot of internal debate on the parts of Alex and Isabella as the narration switched from one POV to the next. There was too much reflection on the sizzling chemistry between th
Dawn
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good fantasy romance. When Alex and Rafe met they had no clue how important the other would become in their lives. Follow their journey here in this book.

When Izzy becomes involved in their lives they once again take a dramatic turn and she becomes the very reason they do what they do. A pact that could cost either one their own lives at any moment.
Excitement, anxiety, loyalty, love, honor, friendship, and hatred all live in the pages of this book.

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest
Jen
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book one the The Pact Duet. Two friends and one pact. Meet Rafe, his sister - Isabella and Alex. This story is told in Alex's POV and what an amazing read it is. This story covers so many topics and basis all while flowing so smoothly and effortlessly through the story. I loved the twists and turns that were worked in to enhance the story and encouraged you to read on as the story unfolds. I loved the characters as well, they each had their contribution to the story and made it more real ...more
Carol
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great start to the series. This had you from the start, made you want to finish to see what was next. It was well thought out and written. The characters were great. It had you feeling what the characters did. It was about family blood and not, friendship, bonds, righting wrongs. It had some twists and turns, it was fast paced. It had you rooting for the Mocking Man, hoping for Alex, falling for Isabella. The story unfolds beautifully, reads smooth and has you thinking about it for da ...more
Heather W
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Mocking Man is the first book in The Pact duet and is Alex's story.

This romantic suspense story has well-developed characters that are strong, intelligent, and have amazing chemistry together. The storyline is well written and intriguing, with a boyhood pact, kidnapping, human trafficking, family issues, danger, suspense, twists and turns, and a chance for romance.

I cannot wait to read Rafe's story next.
I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Elvira
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had a great time reading this book. The characters are well written and engaging and had plenty of chemistry that helped keep me entertained from page one to the last word.

Kathy Mccalmon
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an incredible book. It will take you on an emotional roller coaster ride. This has everything you need for a great book.

Kenneth Lingenfelter
Great story line. Alex and Rafael become friends after Rafael and his mother move in the neighborhood. Rafael's father is the head of a drug cartel and he captures him. Alex goes looking to rescue Rafael. Alex has to stay hidden from the cartel and Rafael has to do his father's bidding. Miguel Alvarez is the head of the cartel and finds out he has a daughter. I could not put this novel down as it captured my attention from the start. A page turner and a thriller. ...more
Sue
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love Romantic suspense and am always excited to find a new to me author that can do it, and do it well. Enter Leslie Georgeson and The Mocking Man. I loved it and cannot wait for book 2.
Sara Sigler
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Leslie!! It was A very intense book, I cried and once I started reading this book I couldn’t put it down. Rafe and Isabella just had to make it out of under their father’s business alive and also his friend Alex. With all of the problems that they had going on it just didn’t seem possible but they prevailed and the ending was so worth it. Can’t wait for Rafe’s story next! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading this book routing for them.
Brenda
Aug 31, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Mocking Man (The Pact Book 1) by Leslie Georgeson is the first romantic suspense book in a series, telling the story of one of the main characters, Alex. Part two is the story of Rafael, the other main character and very good friend of Alex. I would recommend following the authors order so you get the whole picture about this story and don’t miss anything or get confused.

The story goes about these two friends with a solid bond since they were little and a pact they made to keep each other’
Alfredo R
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The perfect romantic novel to give ourselves a break
Leslie Georgeson is the writer of this 2-part, romantic suspense novel. In her book, she shows us how talented she is as she is able to immerse us into this hard-to-put-down novel.
Throughout the 370 pages that there are in this book, the author lets us enter this twisted world where two friends' lives are joined together forever, specially after one of these friends have been kidnapped.
Georgeson is excellent in describing the settings, the sit
Celeste
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book from the first page and I couldn’t stop reading until I finished it. In my opinion that is what good stories do, they capture our attention and don’t let us go until we are satisfied and happy.
“The Mocking Man” written by Leslie Georgeson is the first book in a romantic suspense duet. It tells the story of Alex and Rafael from Alex’s perspective. Alex and Rafe forged a strong bond when they were teenagers. That friendship forced Alex to take action into his own hands when Rafe
Rachel Kester
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Author Leslie Georgeson tells the story of two teenage friends, Alex and Rafe, who made a pact to rely solely on one another to survive. As the years pass, they keep this promise, that is, until Rafe is kidnapped. Alex tries to keep the pact, but finds it to be very difficult. In addition to this, he feels an obligation to secretly guard his friend’s sister from potential danger. However, she soon finds out and becomes part of the pact, much to Alex’s distress. Alex must try to help Rafe while f ...more
Cyrene Olson
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For a romantic suspense, this is a good one and even though most suspense/thriller/crime novels include some of the same formulas, this one mixes it up a bit. Alex and Rafe are best friends, and when Rafe gets kidnapped by a drug cartel, Alex will do his best to try and save him and protect his sister, Isabella.

There are a lot of twists and turns to this book, and the book kept me interested, but I wasn’t overly attached to the book once I set it down. Some books will have me carrying them aroun
Danielle Marlowe
Leslie Georgeson did a great job on this story, the plot and characters were strong, the story was written well with many feelings. A lot happened in this story. The characters journey was far from easy, they went through so much. This was a great start to this Duet. I'm looking forward to reading more of this story.
Thank you, Leslie Georgeson. Great work :)
Sharon Dubuque
Mar 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So much action at every level.

I had to keep so many characters straight for this action filled story. It was sad and gruesome but really does happen in real life. It was a well told story because I was able to go along with it. And love was truly great between lovers, siblings, friends and parents.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
It Grabbed My attention and focus so strong I could not put it down. A word of advice when you get your copy. Grab a snack, a comfy seat, kick back and relax. You will not be moving until you finish this bad boy here. Remarkable job. Thanks for sharing.

R
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do SO want 1/2 stars!!! This would DEFINITELY rate 4 1/2 stars. . . . but I just can't quite bump it up to 5 . . . perhaps after I read the Pact #2, I can!

Incredibly intriguing story arc; great characters; good descriptions ~ so why 4 instead of 5? I liked it! I really did ~ but it **just missed** that spine-tingling, total-exclusion-of-everything-else, think-about-it-all-day quotient ~ for me, at least. I mean, it is GOOD, it's just not GREAT. But I AM planning to read the next one!

Ms Georg
Karen Roma
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Mocking Man is the first book in Leslie Georgeson’s The Pact series and sets a fast and intriguing pace from the beginning to end. This story is packed with amazing characters, and the storyline is an edge-of-your-seat, can’t put down romance that keeps you riveted till the last page is turned. A thoroughly enjoyable book that whets the appetite for more to come.
Diane
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ADDICTING DUET A MUST HAVE FOR SURE!!!!
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of "THE MOCKING MAN" OMG!!!! Leslie Georgeson outdid herself writing this phenominal storyline it grabs you right from the beginning so much intense drama, suspense, intrigue, deception, secrets, lies, kidnapping, human trafficking, danger, twists you never saw coming.
Alex Davies meets Rafe when he and his mom Sophie Ortiz move in next door both the same age 14yrs became inseparable made a pact to always have one another's backs no matter what.
One night Rafe was kid
Robin
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This book was fabulous! I had a joy, heartache, fear, and happiness all through this book! Izzy is nosy and can't keep from getting her butt in trouble. Rafe is an unknown until Izzy found out. Then, there is our man, Alex. Dang! I want him. An man of many mysteries. Perfect men rolled into one. Mystery and romance are a plus and this is a definite plus! Read it!

Free read from Booksprout!
Betty Reynolds
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best friends Alex and Rafe have a childhood bond of brotherhood. When Rafe is kidnapped by his criminal father, Alex tries to free him. The situation gets worse when Isabella discovers she has a brother, Rafe, but she doesn't count on being kidnapped as well by their evil father. Can Alex save them both?
I loved this book about two honorable and brave young men! It takes you through a roller coaster of emotions as good struggles to overcome evil, and I admit to shedding a few tears when Alex and
Kristen Russell
When young Alex moves into a new neighborhood, he meets the boy next door, Rafe. They quickly become inseparable and make a pact that they will always be there for each other. Fast forward... the boys are 17 and Rafe is kidnapped by his father, the head of a cartel known for drugs, guns, and human trafficking. Soon after Alex disappears and isn’t seen or heard from again. 15 years later... Isabella is shocked to discover that she has an older brother from the same father, the father she has neve ...more
Ashley
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. I really loved the Dregs series, so moving onto to something new was hard for me but I tried to keep an open mind. "The Mocking Man" was a bit hard for me to follow at first, but once I gave it a chance and let myself be lost into the world of crime and mystery, I enjoyed it. I loved the fierce bond of brothers and respect showed to women. I liked that our heroine was strong and sassy and had no trouble giving people a piece of her ...more
Shalini
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quite a shocker the book was as the subplots were intriguing with plenty of twists. I got a few pulse spikes while reading this. The story kept the pitch high. Tension enveloped the scenes where some were read with my heart in my mouth.

Alex and Izzy make delectable pair. They scorched my kindle screen with their chemistry. Being on opposite sides, it was fun to see them get closer.

Best friend Rafe was a wonderful support. Their friendship and Pact was heart warming.

Overall, quite entertaining.
Pbiis314
rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2020

• The Rise of Saint
  • Gold Fever: Dark Savior Series
  • Deceived (The Child Collector Series Book 1)
  • The Necessity of Finance: An Overview of the Science of Management of Wealth for an Individual, a Group, or an Organization
  • The Wager
  • Ford (Broadaxe Security, #3)
  • Their Kingdom Come (The Sinners of Saint Amos #1)
  • Beneath The Surface
  • Our Secrets & Lies (Billionaires In Dark Suits #1)
  • Veilfall
  • Exiles of Eden: The Demonic Dodecahedron
  • THE GIRL FROM COLOMBIA
  • An Invitation to the Captain's Table
  • The Hidden Hand of Death (The Jack Ryder Mysteries #1)
  • A Word to the Eyes
  • The Wish Collector
  • THE LATCH KEY KID: A Memoir of Anhedonia
Leslie Georgeson writes a blend of romance and suspense, sometimes tossing in a dash of sci-fi or paranormal to make things more interesting. From genetically-altered super soldiers (The Dregs) to deceptive, daredevil rescuers (The Pact), her stories are laced with danger, action, and plenty of steam. Music and the mafia combine in her newly released romantic suspense series, Something Real. Book ...more

The Pact (2 books)
  • The Honest Liar (The Pact #2)