Start by marking “Mac (Mountain Men, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mac (Mountain Men, #2)

Mac

(Mountain Men #2)

Bryn Aitkens is the daughter of my enemy.
And my enemies must pay.

Vengeance for the wrong done my family has driven me.
Consumed me.
And collateral damage means nothing.

So I’ll charm the innocent girl.
Seduce her.
Win her over, heart and body.
Ruin her for anyone but me.
And then strike the Aitkens family when they least suspect it.

For no enemy of the Cowen Clan goes unpunished…
I
Kindle Edition
Published March 26th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Mac, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mac

Start your review of Mac (Mountain Men, #2)
Kathy Heare Watts
HOW CLOSE TO THE ART OF SEDUCTION IS REAL LOVE?

Once again, Ms. Jane Henry takes this reader on an emotional and sometimes edge-of-your-seat journey. While this is another mafia romance series, it is fresh and has heart and soul to the characters. The story takes place in Scotland, in the highlands near Inverness. Like their Irish friends, the Cowan Clan has both allies, like the McCarthy Clan, and then their enemies, the Aitkens Clan.

The story is a roller-coaster ride of mystery, suspense, dece
JD
This continues Ms. Henry's Celtic criminal clan series. I've dipped in and out of it, so by and large could keep the characters straight. While the relationship is a standalone, family members and certain lines of action first appeared in previous books.

Here, we get second son Mac and his Romeo-and-Juliet like romance with Bryn, the daughter of his clan's greatest enemy. Each has been tasked with spying on the other by pretending to fall in love; soon, however, neither is sure that they're prete
Jessica
Mar 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Mac is the second book in the Mountain Men series. It could be read as a stand alone, but it is richer if you read the series in order. Mac knows everything about the lovely Bryn, the most important fact being that she’s his clan’s greatest enemy’s daughter. The one thing he does not expect is the connection he feels with her. But with both of them hiding some major secrets, will their relationship based on lies find solid ground to survive danger, betrayal, and possible death?

Oh my goodness, t
Diane
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ADDICTING STORY A MUST HAVE FOR SURE!!!!
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of "MAC" Jane Henry you never disappoint with the stories you write about Hot Alpha Mafia Mountain Men & their loyalties,trust,protectiveness, the women are the heart & soul of their families.
Mac sets out to seduce Bryn Aitken's & destroy her as revenge against Banner Aitken her father for what he did to his sister Paisley it's a promise he made to his Clan.
Bryn hates her father & her brother is just as evil he is she had her own business in town she say she working
Karen
Mar 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Mac Cowen the youngest son of the Cowen Clan is looking for vengeance for a wrong done to his family and his little sister. He has a plan and is ready to put it into effect. The woman he wants to get close to is the daughter of their rivals, the Aitkens family.

Bryn Aitken is not a fan of her father or brother. She knows that she and her sisters have always been considered pawns in the family, so she has been planning to set herself up to be able to survive on her own and separate from her famil
Kristin
A Phenomenal Story with Love, Family, & Revenge

Jane Henry’s Mac is a phenomenal story. It gave me all the feels. The story takes us back to the mountains of Scotland for Leith’s brother’s story. The Cowen Clan are part of the Scottish Mafia. Their enemy is the Aitkens Clan.

Mac and his brothers want to get revenge on the Aikens Clan. Mac decides to use Bryn Aikens to accomplish revenge against her father. He is going to charm and seduce Bryn. Mac is all alpha, possessive, and protective.

Bryn Ai
ScarletFix
Apr 04, 2021 rated it liked it
This was a good read.

In this one we follow Mac and Brynn. Brynn Aitkens. Mac is headset on getting revenge for his family, he has everything planned and ready to go, but what he didn’t count on was getting to know Brynn. Brynn has a dressmakers shop that she has managed to keep hidden from her father, but he finds out and she is given an ultimatum, spy on the Cowen clan or be married off.

Brynn and Mac had great chemistry, sparking right from the start. Brynn is dear to my heart, she was strong,
Rhonda Hicks
Apr 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
'Mac' is Jane Henry's second book in her "Mountain Men" series and the storyline just gets better, the plot becomes thicker, and the chemistry becomes hotter in this one. If you've been following along then you know the Aitkens family and the Cowen Clan have been bitter rivals for decades. Because of a kidnapping of Paisley Cowen by the Aitkens family and claim a marriage agreement had previously been made but when asked to prove the promise Banner Aitken failed to do so. Mac has decided now is ...more
Denise
Mar 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romances
Mac and Bryn both have ulterior motives when they start their love affair. Mac wants revenge for his sister being kidnapped by the Aikens clan which is led by Bryn's father. Bryn's father has given her an ultimatum, either seduce Mac Cowen or he will marry her off to a high-ranking member of another clan. Bryn has been trying to get a business going without her father's knowledge and she finally had a great commission for a wedding dress and dresses for the wedding party. Unfortunately, her fath ...more
Hanan
Mar 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
The Cowen Clan is out to right a wrong done to them.
Revenge for what was done to their sister by the Atikens Clan.
It’s up to Mac to extract their vengeance.
What better way than to seduce and destroy the daughter of their enemy.
Bryn is so sweet and just wants to live a peaceful life.
Her dreams are uncomplicated and simple.
Open her own business as a designer and seamstress and having a loving family.
But it’s not to be because her father has other sinister plans for her.
I loved Bryn for her beautif
Jessica
Apr 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Throughly enjoy this book cannot wait to read rest of series

I'm glad I stumble upon this book. What a read!

This book is really an adult book with lots and I do mean LOTS of sexual content. Just so readers are aware.

I really enjoy reading about Bryn and Mac story. In the beginning I really thought she was going to be one of those easy damsel in destress. You know the one that falls for the prince so quickly and believes everything they say and etc.

But oh no, not little Bryn. She definitely have
Donna Louise
I was quickly snared by this book by Jane Henry. As Usual, she
handles the complexity of the characters with ease. This book
focuses on the instant attraction between Mac Cowen and Bryn
Aitkens. But can a relationship built on lies survive?

Mac was out for revenge against the Aitkens family and Bryn was
his target.He went fishing and caught her hook, line, and sinker.
But would his plan backfire.Could he live with the consequences.

Bryn was finally living the life that she always dreamed of until her
co
Christine Paige
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book of A Scottish Mafia Romance series, and it reads as a stand-alone.
In the story Mac Cowen, the youngest son of the Cowen Clan has set up a plan to right a wrong done to his sister by a rival mafia family, the Atikens Clan. He has decided he will seduce and destroy the daughter of the enemy.
Bryn Atikens is sweet and just wants to live a peaceful life away from her family. On her own she opens her own designer business and struggles as a seamstress. Unfortunately, her plans
Katie
Mar 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
Sue
Mar 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This has been a wonderful read, highly addictive
This was a much awaited second book in the series and I must say that this Scottish Mafia read was simply wonderful from the time I started reading I was not able to put this book down until I reached the last page.
Bryn Aikens is the daughter of his enemy and they are going to pay for the damage and harm caused and vengeance will be seen to be done for his families name, this has eaten him up like a rage and Mac can never be viewed a weak his is “F
Karin Gesell
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book in the Dark Scottish Mafia series, and it’s Mac’s story. He’s the youngest of the Cowen Clan, the Clan Warlord, making deals, building alliances and protecting his family. When he comes up with a plan for revenge against the Aitken’s Clan, he sets it in motion and sets his sites on their youngest daughter, Bryn. All she wants to do is run her shop (in secret) and try to get away from her family. She is completely taken with Mac when they meet, and horrified when her father w ...more
Dawnmarie Burke
Mar 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book sucks you in right from the start which is Ms. Henry's superpower. Mac is out for revenge and is willing to do what it takes to get it. Bryn is trying to live life on her own terms until her father crushes her dreams with his own plans. Mac wants revenge on Bryn's family and Bryn's father wants information on the Cowen clan making Bryn the pawn in his game. Can a relationship started on lies survive? Will Mac go through with his quest for vengeance or will he realize the treasure that ...more
Leanne Bryson
Lisa
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Mac, I fell in love with this sexy hunk of a man. Mac is the youngest brother in the Cowen Clan, but just as fierce as the other two are. He loves his family deeply and will do whatever it is to protect them. It's time for revenge on the Aitken's family who tried to take one of theirs. His plan to seduce the daughter and take them out. Just when he thinks his plans are on track he meets Bryn. Bryn knows what her father and brother are and hates them, all she wants to do is get away from ever ...more
Maureen
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
As always, this is another book that totally rocks. I just love these mafia men, they may do some bad stuff but the good always outways the bad in my books.
Mac is loyal one hundred percent to his family, and thats why he has come up with this scheme, its the only way to get back to their enemy as far as he can see. Plan.... seduce the youngest child of the Aitkens family.
Bryn, gets a call to go and see her father, anxious to get it over and done with , as she has a hot date that night, she didnt
Anna
Mar 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
First things first, I loved this book. It’s everything you expect from a Jane Henry mafia book. Bryn comes from a dark world, but in some ways has been sheltered and still has her hopefulness. Mac appears to be more hardened and only out for revenge. I have to say I really wasn’t sure I liked the premise for this book. It doesn’t seem to fit the family’s values. I know they are mafia and do bad things, and that Mac’s sister had been hurt by Bryn’s father.... But, it seems to me that usually they ...more
Tracy
Mar 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own, mafia
Chemistry is high between these two

I received an ARC from the author and am leaving my review voluntarily. This is book two in the Mountain Man series but can be read as a stand alone. It is not a dark mafia story. I really enjoyed this read better than the first.

Triggers:
spanking, violence

Spoilers:
Mac, younger brother to Leith (book 1) wants to get revenge on the Aitkens family so he comes up with a plan to go after the Aitkens youngest daughter.

Bryn, born into a mafia family. Her family is c
Carolyn Spence
Mar 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Break the Chain
The second chapter in this next series from Jane Henry. We are in the Scottish Highlands now with the Cowan Clan. Mac, a faithful and loyal family member and Brynn a faithful member to her family as well, but she doesn't really know who her family is or she's not really welcome either, until her father asks her to do something terrible. She has no choice. Mac has something right, "My sisters and mother are the backbone of our entire family." Loved the dinosaur reference, as well a
Leslie OBrien
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy! Jane Henry’s Mac is out! Woo hoo! If you’ve been living without internet access (aka under a rock), then you might not realize that she’s introduced her new Mountain Men series and these highlanders are HOT in all the right ways. In Mac, we get the youngest brother’s story and his happily ever after with Bryn, the daughter of their enemy. Much like Leith’s story, I loved both the H and h, and the chemistry between the two was charming AND smexy. Since this is part of a series, we also ge ...more
Joy Westerfield
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a delightfully, delicious story about two people who are not destined to be together, or are they? Mac, along with his family, wants revenge and Bryn will be the pawn. But can Mac follow thru? He never anticipated that he may actually find her attractive and that fact may change his plans. But is Bryn all she seems to be?

Yet again we are taken on a wild ride of lust and love. This latest book in this new series will hold you captive from beginning to end! I loved it so much I read it in one
Karon Price
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite lines in the book,

“Oh?” she says. “I’ve landed myself a mountain man, have I?” “Aye, lassie, you have.” I tug a strand of hair. “Is that a fantasy of yours or something?” “Um, yes? Of course. It’s every woman’s fantasy.” Her voice grows a little husky. “Would you wear a plaid kilt for me?” “Aye.”

Fantasy is sooo right. Mac is yummy, a protective warrior who is loyal to his family and has a job to do. Bryn is a sweet innocent who is afraid of her family, but is set against Mac.
Mom2three
Apr 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Mac is the second book in the Mountain Men series, and while it can be read as a stand alone I feel like the story would be more enjoyable if it was read as part of the series.

I loved this story! Mac is all dominant and sexy. Bryn is all brave and independent. He thinks he can use her to get revenge against her family. Her family wants her to spy on his family so they can take them down. Mac has more of a sense of loyalty to his family, while Bryn just wants to live a nice quiet life. Neither o
Kerry
Mar 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Mac and Bryn's tale is a whirlwind of suspense, drama and romance. This is the second book in the Mountain Men Series that follows the Cowen Clan and just as with Leith, book one, this one is a fast paced read with some sinfully handsome men and some very witty and cunning women.

I really enjoyed Mac and Bryn and loved how they worked well together but I have to say the first few chapters had me scratching my head as it all seemed a bit too fast but, once the plot developed, I really enjoyed the
Badh
Mar 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
I think that I know who the author in the book is. LOLOL. And who their spy was. Yay me. LOLOLOL.

I think that Mac is really a good man. He is very protective of his family and he wants to have his retribution so that no one messes with them again. I mean, yeah, Mafia, but it's also let me take care of my family kind of thing. You can also see how his family matters when he bought his mother her favorite biscuits.

I am really sorry for Bryn. She just has to deal with so much from her father. She
Carol 27
Mar 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
Two rival clans. Sworn enemies. A vendetta of vengeance. Which family will prevail?

I enjoyed this mafia-themed tale set in the highlands of Scotland. Bryn’s first meeting with Mac was fun, flirty and filled with the anticipation of plenty of steam! I enjoyed the dilemma each faced as trust and treachery became genuine concerns.

There’s some humour, drama, angst, suspense, mystery, danger, and violence along with several explicit encounters which include some belting. I received an Advance Reader
« previous 1 3 next »

• Betrayed Honor (Ivanov Crime Family #3)
  • The Priest (Bratva Blood #5)
  • Dark Kingdom (Russo Royals, #3)
  • Vicious Oath (Ivanov Crime Family #2)
  • Cruel Daddy: A Dark Mafia Arranged Marriage Romance (Boston Mafia Doms)
  • Savage Liar (Sinfully Savage #2)
  • Uncorked
  • Dark Throne (Russo Royals, #2)
  • The Enforcer (Chicago Bratva, #3)
  • Ruthless Stranger (Mafia Wars #1)
  • Adrian's Vengeance
  • Black Light: Bred (Black Light Series Book 21)
  • Savage Sinner (Sinfully Savage, #4)
  • Big Dog (Mercenary Masters #5)
  • Savage Beast (Sinfully Savage #3)
  • Alpha's Moon (Shifter Ops, #1)
  • Dark Crown (Russo Royals, #1)
  • King's Captive (Merciless Kings #1)
USA Today bestselling author Jane Henry pens stern but loving alpha heroes, feisty heroines, and emotion-driven happily-ever-afters. She writes what she loves to read: kink with a tender touch. Jane is a hopeless romantic who lives on the East Coast with a houseful of children and her very own Prince Charming.

Sign up for Jane's newsletter here!

Mountain Men (3 books)
  • Leith (Mountain Men #1)
  • Tate (Mountain Men, #3)