Start by marking “D.Gray-man, Vol. #6 (D.Gray-man, #6)” as Want to Read:
D.Gray-man, Vol. #6 (D.Gray-man, #6)

D.Gray-man, Vol. #6

(D.Gray-man #6)

Delete:

A horde of akuma is closing in on Allen, but instead of attacking him they mysteriously head right for another exorcist, Suman Dark! His tragic story and the secret of his unique Innocence are revealed, but in the process Suman's life is threatened. Allen tries his best to save his comrade by putting himself in grave danger!

Published August 7th 2007 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about D.Gray-man, Vol. #6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about D.Gray-man, Vol. #6

Ella
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This volume made me cry. And the end shocked me, can't wait to see where the story goes from here.
Fugo Feedback
Aug 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans de los shonen de peleas.
Recommended to Fugo by: Lo mismo
Sigue la tragicomedia del pobre Allen y sus masacrados amigos. El dibujo sigue mejorando de a puchitos y el guion amague entre volverse un dramón con masacres por doquier y terminar como un shonen más, con todo lo bueno y, sobre todo malo que eso conlleva. Pongo más o menos la misma review para los tomos 6 y 7 porque los leí de corridos y siguen con la misma trama, creo...
Laury Plum
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm definitely in love with Tyki. No regrets.
Veronica Morfi
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing

That pretty much sums this volume up.
Eva Domínguez
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! \\(O_O)//
Kari Trenten
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Allen is carried off the ship bound for Japan by one of a huge army of akuma drawn to a very special kind of Innocence. Saved by Lenalee, Allen is still forced to fight alone, pushing his Innocence to the brink of shattering to save a lost soul, only to fall prey to a deadly enemy he’s met before, who who offers a seductive smile even when he reaches his hand into your chest to touch your heart. Literally.

This was one of the most intense, disturbingly sensual, tragic, and terrifying of the volu
Leigh Louise
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This section of the storyline was sad in the animation and it was sad in the book series.

I feel so sorry for Allen - it seems like he always gets the blunt end of the stick. In the animation the progression of this storyline happened over the course of several episodes, but in the manga it happened so quickly.

Again, I am happy that I watched the series before I read it as there were bits here and there that were skipped over quite quickly. So, I think the anime actually took the time to really t
Kelsey Hanson
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Good grief this was a hard one to read! I have two major recurring issues with this series in general. 1. that it has a strange connection to the Bible that never makes a lot of sense to me. 2. that sometimes this series can get DARK. This is one of those volumes. I really didn't care for this one. It reads like one giant action scene which normally isn't a bad thing, but when it's filled with grotesque images like giant floating torsos, hand biting with cringe-inducing sound effects, and heart ...more
Kirsten Simkiss
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
You finally get to meet Tiki Mikk in this volume, one of my favorite villains in the series. I love his art style. It also introduces you to how an exorcist can fall through being a traitor to his or her own kind. Allen is also left crippled by Tiki Mikk at the end of the volume, leading one to believe that he's lost his innocence - which we all know isn't likely considering he's the main character.
Sora
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was shocked in the last part of the last chapter. This volume makes you think a lot and even the author wants you to not hate a character that made so many horrible things to people. Humanity has two faces and Suman kind of represent the desperation and selfishness of humans desires.

I highly recommend this series so please check it out if you like the drawings or fantasy genre.
Hannah Belyea
Jul 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-only
Suman Dark is being chased down by a massive horde of akuma, and Allen must put his own life on the line if he hopes to save his friend! Hoshino gives an emotional and action-packed adventure with this entry to the dark series. Walker will have to make the ultimate choice if he has any chance of getting Suman out of this alive...
April
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
omg noo allen
Helene Falkinburg
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!! I love this series and the Anime. There were some hard times to get through, but over all it was a great read.
Michelle K. *Get off my lawn!*
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The only flaw is that the action panels are quite busy, and while it's easy to get the overall gist, it is still a wee bit confusing. Otherwise...amazing!!!
Kereesa
An epic battle at sea, visions of a dead one, and Allen's gone missing, the sixth volume of D.Gray-Man packs a punch and leaves you wondering:

WHEN DID THIS STUFF GET SO SERIOUS?

I have to say, I was very impressed with this volume in the D.Gray-Man series. The plot, the action, the characters everything was just wonderfully, addictingly done. And the tone, the atmosphere, the dude-this-shit-is-serious stuff over it all? Amazingly done. All of that fun, light hearted stuff that's been surrounding
Nick
Feb 12, 2008 rated it liked it
Overall Rating: B-
Synopsis: The plot revolves around Allen Walker, an Exorcist, in the end of the 19th century Europe. Allen is a member of the Dark Order, a group of Exorcists connected with the Vatican. Their mission is to stop The Millennium Earl, an evil ghoul intending to cleanse the world by destroying all the humans in the manner of Noah's great flood. In the first volume, we get some back story, learn that exorcists kick ass, have a clubhouse, and don't play well with others.

D. Gray-man
Jordan
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Well, Tykki sure turned out to be fun. <3

So, the anime store near me managed to reopen after the flooding! I am very glad. To celebrate, Haley and I went in and wasted our saved up money. I got this and a poster with Allen, Lavi, Miranda, and Krory. (Clearly, I didn't have all that much money to waste)

But back to business.

The author's interesting additions to the story manage to interest me every volume. The little dude in the card prison, for instance. It's all just... beautiful, really. And
Scott Lee
Aug 17, 2016 rated it liked it
I love the world-building and the basic conceptions of this manga. Considered panel-by-panel I love the art work; it's absolutely beautiful (yes, I know this is general enough to be a bit banal). The protagonist Allen Walker and the black order are fascinating, and the childishness/cartoonishness of the Milenium Earl increasingly creepy. He didn't work for me at all in the beginning, as he looked like a gleeful, kiddie character. But now seeing the juxtaposition between his actions and his appea ...more
Bbabri
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A hatodik kötet már nekem is meglepetést tartalmazott.Nagyjából eddig láttam az animét.Bár vannak eltérések.
Felbukkan Suman,a Rend egyik ördögűzője.Igazából róla,és a tetteiről szól ez a rész.
Nem igazán kedveltem meg Suman-t.Egyrészt a személye nem volt szimpatikus,más rész elárulta a rendet.
Ezt a saját Innocence meg is bosszulta rajta.Most merült fel bennem,hogy lehet,hogy az Innocence-knek van saját akaratuk.
Mert amikor Allen harcolt Eliade-val,akkor ő elvesztette az eszméletét,de a bal karja
Michelle K. *Get off my lawn!*
This installment left me confused and dissatisfied. The thing about this series is it's very action-based, and that means no/very little dialogue during the action sequences; the action scenes can be really cool, but they can also be confusing. The artwork style sometimes makes it hard to figure out what exactly's going on in the fight scenes, and there are a lot of fight scenes here. I've heard from other reviewers that the action bits can be awesome-confusing, and they're telling the truth.

I'm
Emma Adams
Possibly the most heartbreaking of all the volumes so far, Volume Six introduces a new enemy in the Fallen One, and the tragic choices of Suman Dark. As well as some epic battles and devastating twists, we get such a jaw-dropping cliffhanger ending that I defy anyone not to want to pick up the next volume!

One of the things I love about the series is that all the characters have depth, even the villains. The Noah clan and the Millennium Earl are close as family and have just as many hilarious mom
Jody Mena
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Wow, angsty volume! Is the Innocence really the power of God, if it kills an accomodater just for having the purely human desire to live on? Poor Suman! And poor Allen, he keeps getting ripped apart and cobbled back together. It must be nice to be that durable! All in all, the art and action are great, and the story is thrilling and dramatic, even if its a little slow at the moment. Great series!
pnutbutterprincess
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Allen is torn from the ship sailing in pursuit of General Cross by a large swarm of akuma flying overhead. Lenalee follows and they find another of the Black Order, but Suman is morphed into what appears to be an akuma as well. Allen and Lenalee attempt to save him, and Allen gets drawn into the battle, only to reach the end and find someone else waiting, someone with orders to kill him.
Aileen Angelique
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Dark comic fans
Continuation on volume 5.

In this volume you get to know a little more about the Black Order as well as Tyki Mikk. This volume is very emotional to me. Now that I finished it and my D.Gray-Man high is dropping tears are starting to fill my eyes. This is once again a great volume, with great artwork and I'm just as awfully biased.
Katrina Meade
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was a really hard volume in the series to read because of the tough choices Allen is forced to make, not only for his own safety but for the safety of Suman Dark, Lenalee Lee and his friends on the ship. It also shows his true strength and it caused me to have so much respect for Allen as an Exorcist. Truly a sad volume, but worth every page.
Joy
Jul 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
More of the Suman Dark arc. I like how this highlights some of the major themes of the series (the ambiguous morality of the Exorcists, the costs of being one). The action is hard to follow at times, but the payoff makes muddling through worhtwhile.
Batsap
Nov 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga
Eep, what's going on? I didn't enjoy this volume at all. The storyline was dull, the panels were big action ones so it was a very quick read, and the action scenes were often confusing. I don't really like Tyki Mikk either, I don't get a proper sense of his character like I do with everyone else.
Jody
May 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This one not nearly as great as the others! I didn't enjoy this vol at all until pretty much the very end. I enjoyed the Religious allusions in this version with the innocent and disciples and all, but still wasn't impressed with this version!
Mehsi
And this manga volume ends where I also left the anime. :D I don't have volumes 7 to 9, so I will have to get those when I get back from my vacation.

This was really awesome, maybe I will watch the anime to see how this part will continue, as I want to know what will happen to Allen.
Rena
Nov 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, series
Innocence can fall? At least, I think that makes sense in the context that the story uses. Not as crazy about this battle as the rest, but the concept was still pretty neat. I just want Rinali to have more involvement in the next stage.
  • Pandora Hearts, Volume 4
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 18 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #18)
  • Black Cat, Volume 02
  • Dogs: Bullets & Carnage, Vol. 3
  • Black Butler, Vol. 7 (Black Butler, #7)
  • Bleach, Volume 11
  • D.N.Angel, Vol. 9 (D.N.Angel, #9)
星野 桂

Katsura Hoshino ((星野 桂 Hoshino Katsura) was born on April 21, 1980, in Shiga Prefecture, Japan, as the younger of fraternal twin girls and the second of three children. She drew her first manga at twenty-one. In 1998, Hoshino moved to Tokyo. She dreamed of bringing her mother to the city and was able to in 2006.

She made her debut with her comics in July 2003 with the publication of her first m

D.Gray-man (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 1 (D.Gray-man, #1)
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. #2 (D.Gray-man, #2)
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. #3 (D.Gray-man, #3)
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. #4 (D.Gray-man, #4)
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. #5 (D.Gray-man, #5)
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 7 (D.Gray-man, #7)
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 8 (D.Gray-man, #8)
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 9 (D.Gray-man, #9)
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 10 (D.Gray-man, #10)
  • D.Gray-man, Volume 11