Start by marking “Prince (House Of Misfits, #2)” as Want to Read:
Prince (House Of Misfits, #2)

Prince

(House of Misfits #2)

Once upon a time …

A baby is born in privilege, blooming under the warmth of his parents’ love. Jealousy sprouts and brings with it malevolent intentions. A king and queen cursed with an empty kingdom. A child abandoned in revenge.
A misfit, the boy should turn hard and cold among the thorns he grows in. Despite lifelong attempts to destroy him, this child does not wither. U
Published February 2nd 2021

To ask other readers questions about Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prince

Start your review of Prince (House Of Misfits, #2)
Andrea
Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
There once was a reader who shied away from M/M romances. Unless they were part of a series, I did not seek them out. I admit, I read a couple with a not so great storyline and judged all M/M stories by that. But then along came Cambria Hebert and changed my entire view.
Cambria has an amazing ability to write about love in its truest and most pure form. I will never not read a book written by Cambria Hebert, but her M/M books have become some of my favorites. I honestly didn’t think there could
Pam
Jan 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: male-pov, m-m
This is book 2 in the Misfit series. Although I haven’t read book one, Ivory White, I did not feel lost or like I was missing anything. I am definitely going to go back and read it though.

This book didn’t hook me right away, but once it did, I couldn’t stop reading. Fletcher and Ethan come from two different worlds, but they are perfectly suited for each other. Fletcher is adorable and very childlike. Ethan has protective alpha tendencies, but also shows vulnerability at times. Their relationsh
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate:  5/ 5 stars

I was so excited when Cambria announced she was writing a new MM romance. Trent and Drew are some of my fav characters of hers and ever so I was excited to meet her new MM couple and you guys!! These two are right up there with Trew! My heart, they are so precious.

I fell in love with Fletcher in Ivory White. There is no doubt he was my favorite character and reading his book only solidified that for me. He is the sweetest, purest creature. His heart is so big and so pure. Ther
Courtney
Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A fairytale retelling like no other! Fletcher was such a beautiful soul that had been kicked around all his life but no matter how hard he was kicked he bounced right back. The streets may have taught him how unfair life truly is but he always had a small amount of hope that he carried within himself. He was mistreated from an early age by the one person who was supposed to love him unconditionally so always hearing how much he was hated really messed with him, but in this he found his own fami ...more
Tia
Mar 28, 2021 rated it liked it
This was a cute modern fairytale about an insanely naive twenty-one year old who grew up in the hood (the aka “the Grimms”) and meets his insanely overprotective “Prince” - kinda like a gay Fifty Shades (minus the soft core BDSM) meets Disney’s Tangled.

Like any fairy tale, you have to suspend disbelief (like how does a kid who lived such a hardened life remain as ridiculously naive at his age), but hey you go with it!
Taty Silva
Jan 22, 2021 marked it as to-read
I'm looking forward to reading, but by the synopsis I already know that it will be worth it.
Resch Reads
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Sleeping Beauty with a dash of Tangled and Cinderella...but make it gay. Hello, new obsession. This modern twist on classic fairy tales was positively enchanting. A contemporary story line, charming characters, a wicked villain, and a romance for the ages had me quickly falling in love with this magical world.

I couldn't do this book justice without gushing about Fletcher. He is by the far the star of the story. This man has been through so many horrors in life but his compassion and ability to l
Caitlin
Feb 07, 2021 rated it liked it
I’m going to do something a little different for me and give this 3.75/5. I’m introducing decimals other than .5 because giving it a 3.5 seems a little low, but it didn’t quite reach a solid 4 for me.

I really enjoyed this book. Fletcher and Ethan are delightful characters to read from, and I definitely enjoyed the premise of a modern-day fairytale retelling. And that dedication? Love it.

I think that what I struggled with was a mix of the length, the difference in Fletcher’s character is his ch
Sana Ajaz
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
IT WAS PERFECT.

This book made me giggle like a school girl. Maybe I wanted this ATM but it was everything. Fletcher's innocence and insecurities paired with Ethan's patience and determination made this book worth reading.

A slight glance back at me. “Puppy, you want a milkshake?” I didn’t yell at him for the nickname this time because he was offering me ice cream. Some things were just more important. “Yes!” I exclaimed. “Chocolate!”

If he was shattered, I’d love every jagged piece.
If he was c
Jennifer Reilley
Feb 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Simply put, this book is AMAZING..

This fairytale that Cambria created is like no other. I can’t even shout enough how much I love Fletcher because he stole my heart. From a young man that has been through a hard life for only being 22 to have such a sweet touching soul is unreal. He could have been hardened and took the wrong route in life but he forged though to become a beautiful man.

Let’s just say love at first sight for Ethan. He is a super protective dominant that knows what he wants when
Katrina♡••
Feb 08, 2021 rated it did not like it
Just go read some cliche wattpad stories instead
Dnf @ 70% i just couldnt go on, it was that bad
Kel
Mar 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
This story kind of reminds me of Enchanted, the movie, with "true love's kiss" and the evil villain at the ball. Fletcher was really hopelessly optimistic and endearingly cute. ...more
Elsie
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fletcher and Ethan

Book two in House of Misfits brings us Fletcher and Ethan story. Fletcher is the sweet boy we met in book one, the amazing violin player. His life just like his friends was not an easy one but he made do.

Later on he meets the handsome Ethan, and an attraction is formed, but he can't put his mind into it. Ethan is alpha, handsome and wealthy, also very protective of Fletcher.

A beautiful relationship is born with this two and once again Cambria Hebert does an amazing job telli
Sada Maciel
Jan 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful love story. There was so much love, passion & acceptance poured into Ethan & fletchers story. I could actually feel it. Love has no gender uhh that made my heart happy. Cambria truly understands love in its truest form. I want to read it again!
Lacey Dailey
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book. This book. THIS BOOK! Ethan & Fletcher’s story turned me into goo! Ethan’s protectiveness? Ug. Just take my romance-loving heart!! And I couldn’t get enough of the villian’s POV. I love getting inside of a villian’s mind.

This novel was well mixed—equal parts suspense and swoon! Nobody creates that mix the way Cambria does.

I would read her grocery list but I wouldn’t say no to an Ethan and Fletcher bonus scene...
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

I loved this modern twist and take on Sleeping Beauty. It's also fun and interesting to read a new M/M story outside of this author's #GearkShark series. I really hope she writes more M/M because overall, I've found her books to be so enjoyable. I'm sure her M/F books are good as well, I'm just so totally immersed in M/M that I'm not really interested in reading M/F at this point in time.

Anyway, back to this wonderful book. It's the second in this series which seems to be standalones
Jacqueleen  ♡
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, to-read-mm
Never in my entire life had anyone ever looked at me like he did. Like everything I was, was more than enough.

Fletcher is one of those characters who just warms your heart and you want to snuggle him up in blankets to protect him from the big bad world. All his life has been one big disappointment with a heaping dose of abuse from the woman who dares calls herself his mother. It isn't until he moves into a house with a group of men who consider themselves misfits that he even knew what a
Shawn Cha
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book

Omg who in the world are you Cambria Hebert? This by far is the best book I’ve read in 2021. Honestly I was not expecting this book to be this great. I think a lot of authors who write LGBTQ novels should be afraid because you seriously left no stone unturned.
Book starts out like a fairytale and you think it’s like in the olden days but it’s in modern times. You meet the handsome price Ethan who’s from a wealthy family and Fletcher who’s a misfit.
What I love most about how the author
Dawn
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow, ok, let’s see...

Rant first:

STOP CALLING BOOKS STANDALONE WHEN THEY ARE CLEARLY PART OF A SERISE. I started this book before Ivory White because of that and 1.5 chapters in it was very clear that I needed to read the other book first. There all kinds of little things in this book, like how Ethan and Fletcher met or Earth killing stuff (him “killing” the bomb was my favorite BTW), that you couldn’t understand or appreciate unless you read Ivory White. The whole point of series is that they en
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
Apr 02, 2021 rated it liked it
This one did not capture me as much as I had hoped. The author says in the last section that the characters took the plot in their hands and did with it whatever they wanted, and I think maybe that’s why to me it felt rushed in places and not dense enough with ‘moments’ to really make the relationship grow.
It felt a bit too insta-love and although both Fletcher and Ethan are endearing, their dynamics... they just made me a bit nervous at times.

Let me explain. I love how caring Ethan is, so that
Elizabeth Morgan (Two Bookish Brits)
Amy
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So much emotion

I have read my fair share of books in 2021 but this one is my favorite so far and will be hard to top! There is so much emotion in this book. There were characters that I hated and others I tried to figure out.

Ethan and Fletcher have a unique relationship. Ethan does not care that Fletcher is a “misfit” and Fletcher does not care that Ethan is a rich guy from the upper east side. They seem to understand each other in a way no one else does. All Fletcher has wanted was for someone
Tabitha
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What I’ve found is that when I love a book, I want to share it with everyone… even if they haven’t asked about it. (All of my friends are now Avid Cambria Readers!) And yet when it comes to writing reviews, I sometimes struggle with finding the words. I’ve spent the last three days sucked into the world of the Misfits and will probably go back and reread it again.

Cambria Hebert has a way of weaving a story about a group of people that gets you hooked. You learn about them and their trials and fi
H.R. Savage
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: regular-romance
The House of Misfits series is an incredible adventure into modern fairytale retellings. One thing I love about this series is that it's such a modest fairytale retelling, and not an exact replica. So, you have fun pulling out these little tidbits and guessing which fairytale the author is referencing.

A "Prince" from the rich end of New York falls head-over-leather-loafers for the lovable, sweet Fletcher that we met in Ivory White. (I do highly recommend reading that book first, but it's not 100
Llakshmi
‘Incredulously endeared’

This was a lot darker than her other books. I read the entire #junkie series and fell head over heels in love but this is NOTHING like that. It’s not light hearted or the type of book you re read all the time.

Honestly I don’t think this book is for everyone. Halfway through it did feel like a Wattpad story, in terms of writing and dialogue.

But the story is about Ethan, billionaire-eligible bachelor type who meets Fletcher, amateur violinist who plays on the street, shy-
Shannon
Feb 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
**4.5 Stars**

I will preface my review with the fact that I am generally not a huge fan of fairytale stories, but if Cambria Hebert is going to write it, I am most definitely going to read it. Coupled with the fact it was a MM story, this was a no-brainer for me. I was pleasantly surprised, as I was with Ivory White at how much I enjoyed the story, and I will wholeheartedly credit Cambria Hebert with that, given her ability to weave such a beautiful story between two people destined to be togethe
Katie Koziczkowski
Feb 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Prince was a great book filled with all sorts of emotion! I truly felt for both Ethan and Fletcher, but Fletcher even more so. He is so loving and gentle despite his awful past. He's somehow been able to keep that light inside him and have a big heart. Yes he's still quite flighty, but for good reason. He deserves love and a happily ever after more than anyone and I'm so happy that he found that in Ethan. I thought Neo was very protective of Ivory, but Ethan's protectiveness of Fletcher has him ...more
Penny Ellen
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Damn, this story was a-freaking-mazing!

A modern day Fairytale. Sleeping Beauty with a twist, instead of being tricked into a sleeping spell the Villain kidnapped the child.

I absolutely fell in love with Ethan and Fletcher, opposites attract and an insta-lust/connection with these two and ohhh my they are just the sweetest.

Ethan is the most protective and possessive Alpha Male. He spoils Fletcher and gives him anything just to see him smile and enjoy life. Ethan is determined to show Fletcher t
Briana Patton
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
You HAVE TO read this book!!!

I don't often review books, because most books just don't move me enough to put in that effort. However, Cambria Hebert has gone done it again. In "Ivory White" the first book of the "Misfits" series, Cambria introduces readers to the loveable band of misfits that cause hearts to swoon and panties to drop (or boxer briefs - no judgment).
With "Prince", we are brought into the lives of Ethan and Fletcher. Fletcher, of the misfits, the poor, street rat, violin prodigy
Dulce
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Reads of 2021

Prince (House of Misfits) By the Lovely @cambriahebert. So last year when Ivory White was Released we were Introduced to this Sweet Character Named Fletcher and well from then I had a soft spot for him he made me smile in those glimpse we had gotten and well when we Found out that The 2nd book in this Series was gonna Be his Story I was excited cause I needed more of Him. The Life that our Sweet Fletcher was in wasn't sunshine and Daisy's and my heart hurted for him the pa
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Boy Who Loved Wicked
  • Headstrong (Vino & Veritas, #3)
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Heartscape (Vino & Veritas, #2)
  • Away Game (Willow Bay, #1)
  • Fools (Licking Thicket, #3)
  • Bossy
  • After Rain Falls (River of Rain #2)
  • The Quiet House (Black and Blue, #2)
  • Home Plate (Easton U Pirates, #2)
  • Dirty Forty (Friendship and Desire #1)
  • The Endless Road to Sunshine
  • Goal Lines & First Times (CU Hockey, #3)
  • Show Me (Extracurricular Activities #3)
  • Finding Ian
  • Not So Sincerely, Yours (For Him, #2)
  • Stud (Four Bears Construction #5)
  • Fandom (Famous, #3)
Cambria Hebert is a bestselling novelist of more than fifty titles. She went to college for a bachelor’s degree, couldn’t pick a major, and ended up with a degree in cosmetology. So rest assured her characters will always have good hair.
Besides writing, Cambria loves a pumpkin spice latte, staying up late, sleeping in, and watching K drama until her eyes won’t stay open. She considers math human t

House of Misfits (2 books)
  • Ivory White