Jump to ratings and reviews

Love at Last in Magnolia Bloom, a Magnolia Bloom Novella

She wasn’t looking for love. But will she turn it away when it finds her?

Alyssa MacInnes is perfectly happy with her life—just as it is. A proud suffragette, she knows she doesn’t need love to feel whole. Besides, being responsible for the financial operations of several businesses in the booming new city of Magnolia Bloom keeps her way too busy for romance.

Then he sails into her small town and makes her question everything…

He’s a Highlander who challenges her. Riles her. Speaks to her in a thick brogue that makes her long for her homeland. She shouldn’t want him. But she does…

Building a life with her handsome Scot would mean giving up what she’s created for herself in America. In the end, will the cost of a happily ever after be more than Alyssa is willing to pay?

114 pages, ebook

Published February 2, 2021

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Paula Adler

11 books89 followers
I'm a traditionally published author who has moved into the indie world -- and I couldn't be happier! I took the plunge to move from the corporate world to being a full-time writer and it's been the most exciting time of my life.

Please feel free to join me on my FB page

Please sign up for my newsletter to follow me on the journey and be the first to receive my giveaways as they become available.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (4%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 11 of 11 reviews
Profile Image for Janet Graham.
2,056 reviews3 followers
February 5, 2021
Un-Put-Downable Sweet and Clean Romance
This is the best romance novella! It is sweet and clean and part of the Magnolia Bloom series. This novella is primarily about ancestors from the 1870s. That part is such a joy to read. It swept me off my feet and was hard to put down. I am not prone to doing that for romances, but I do for Women's Fiction. Anyway, that story is told in the context of the love matches of today's world and the worry of having children (will I have patience, will I be a good mom, will it be too much to handle?) This is just a fantastic story to lose yourself in. I am ready for the next episode in this great story! I received this ARC book for free from Booksprout and this is my honest review.
Profile Image for Barbara.
16.6k reviews8 followers
February 14, 2021
Part of the A Magnolia Bloom Novella series a well written story with a very good storyline. The main story takes place in 1872 and effects mainly two woman's life one is Alyssa MacInnes, her brother Alisdair his wife Evajean, and their son Bruce, Lisette, and Cameron, Fergus and his father, Carlton, and Niall from 1872 and Kiki MacInnes, and her pastor husband from the present time. I enjoyed reading this story and would recommend it. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
3,041 reviews15 followers
February 16, 2021
She wasn’t looking for love. But will she turn it away when it finds her? Alyssa MacInnes is perfectly happy with her life—just as it is.

A sweet, clean and enjoyable historical romance. The characters are well described making them easy to get to know and you can't help but love them long before you reach the end. It's beautifully and well written and holds your attention from the first page to the last page. A perfect weekend read.

37 reviews
March 9, 2021
Alyssa MacInnes is happy to be on the shelf and living her best life in Magnolia Bloom, until Niall MacMillan arrives from Scotland to upset the apple cart. Does Alyssa stay the course as an independent woman in post Civil War Texas, or will the promise in Niall's kisses lead her on a new path?

I enjoyed this novella that featured strong women navigating quite effectively in a male dominated world. But even though the contemporary story was relatable, the 1872 Alyssa diaries were the highlight for me.

I received a copy of this novella from the publisher. The review is my own.
Profile Image for Penny Leidecker.
2,404 reviews25 followers
February 3, 2021
In this beautifully written novella, we learn more about Alyssa, Alisdair’s sister. She came to Texas with them and helped in creating Magnolia Bloom. This novella has some truly wonderful characters and I loved reading about Alyssa and her two suitors. Will she choose Carlton or Niall? No spoilers, so grab your copy and get ready to fall in love with Magnolia Bloom and Castle MacInnes.
Profile Image for Debbie Borthwick.
326 reviews3 followers
February 8, 2021
I think this might be my favourite of the series so far! I had a hard time putting the book down. I loved Alyssa's story, and Niall is the perfect hero. I enjoyed this novella because it didn't drag on with a lot of repetition. I received an ARC and I am voluntarily sharing my honest opinion. I recommend this book, I'm sure you will love it too.
Profile Image for Kathy.
1,436 reviews24 followers
February 13, 2021
A lovely addition to this series. This focuses on Alyssa, Alisdair's sister, and her romance with Niall. It's such fun reading about the history of this epic family and their journey from Scotland to Texas. A wonderful romance with great characters.
Profile Image for Rhonda.
1,961 reviews24 followers
February 28, 2021
Wonderful characters with interesting dialogue and good interaction. Heartwarming and endearing story about finding love. Good read.

Profile Image for Maggie Preston.
Author 5 books142 followers
February 16, 2021
Get carried away!!

I love the Magnolia Bloom series! These are folks you'd love to know in a town you want to visit. Adler is a fresh voice who really knows how to tell a story.
Profile Image for Judy Robinson.
27 reviews
May 14, 2021
Love this series

I just love her books. I love the characters. I can not wait read the rest of this series. Think I will start on her other books.
Displaying 1 - 11 of 11 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.