Start by marking “Deification” as Want to Read:
Deification

Deification

The sky has opened. Angels descend to earth in fiery fury. Some claim to have seen these creatures, others claim to have been touched by them. Those with psychic abilities find their gifts magnified by the spiritual presences rising from Hell and falling from Heaven. Yes, the end is near. Or is it the beginning?

After a life of violence and crime, gang-leader Torrence provi
Published February 17th 2021 by Brooklynn Dean

To ask other readers questions about Deification, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deification

Start your review of Deification
Sabrina Voerman
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Torrence lives in our world, but the skies have opened up and angels have descended upon Earth.
But is the end of our world the start of another?

This grim, short story grabs the indecency of the human spirit and runs with it. Torrence is a very interesting character, dripping with strength and violence both. Her goals are easy to understand, and her methods to achieve them will make you shudder.

Dean unpacks what parts of the human mind are driven towards chaos, to harm done, to violence. The way
Charles Daube
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“He was the subject of dreams while being the fuel of nightmares.” Such a great line! I was lucky enough to receive an ARC and I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. Brooklynn sure can write some beautiful prose, her descriptions are unique and vivid, while her storyline is fresh and original. If you’re a fan of dystopian horror, pick this one up!
Justin Lewis
Feb 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is my third attempt to write a review for DEIFICATION. Every time I think I know what I'm going to say and pick my copy up to make sure I'm remembering things correctly, I find another layer or question. That isn't a knock at all- in fact it's the opposite. At just over 100 pages, I'm blown away by how much ground is covered. I'm going to keep this short since I don't want to spoil anything.

Brief synopsis time: It's the end of the world as we know it. The gates of Heaven and Hell are open.
Michael Goodwin
Feb 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
This post-apocalyptic story follows Torrence, a mysterious and powerful woman, on her quest to collect virtues through unwilling sacrifice. With a group of devoted followers to help her with the dirty work in exchange for an unknown reward once the job is done, she leaves a trail of blood and destruction behind her.

This was a powerful story, one that demonstrates that we don't have to live in a fictional world to bear witness to the horrors that exist around us. After all, some of the worst mons
tyoung2058
Feb 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
A short post-apocalyptic story with demons and angels. This was my first Brooklyn Dean story and a found her writing...vivid, almost beautiful. Even tho it was a horror story. It was just something about the way her words described everything. Its was like eating the best meal you ever had, you want to enjoy every bite. I wanted to enjoy every word. Definitely recommend
Gillian Dowell
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
You’ve yet to read a story so bold and terrifying that will undoubtedly leave you wanting more of its horrors once it’s over.

An utterly frightening telling of humanity’s end robed in the captivating words so eloquently structured by Brooklynn Dean is only one of the treasures Deification contains.
You’ll find yourself reevaluating your ingrained ideas of right and wrong, good and evil, and how and where true horrors exist in reality.

This book is sure to leave its mark upon your memory, and wit
Littsburgh
Feb 07, 2021
Brooklynn Dean
Feb 05, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-works