Start by marking “Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 2

Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 2 (Fullmoon o Sagashite #2)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  5,214 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
A spark of hope ignites into a blaze in 12-year-old Mitsuki Koyama's life when a comical pair of magical beings appears to prove to her that dreams really do come true.
Published August 23rd 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 2

Mike
This series kind of reminds me of a pop song where the lyrics were chosen not based on their actual meaning, but based on how they sound with the music and the images they invoke. As far as I can tell, the story is kind of cheesy and slow-paced, but it doesn't matter to me, because I'm hardly paying any attention to it. The thing about those pop songs is that they're a lot better if you just ignore the lyrics, and focus on the music and the feelings. So that's what I'm doing here - I'm ignoring ...more
Sesana
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, comics, magic, music
I love this series. There's a good bit of character development going on here, especially with the rival. And so pretty. The unrelated bonus story was ok, but it didn't quite live up to the main story. But at least it was just as pretty.
Nickyjen
Feb 21, 2016 rated it liked it
A short and fun read!
But I'm a little disappointed cause it was kind of boring at times ...
Sabrina "Look At My Books"
Team Takuto *___*
Emile Mirra
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Pending.
Natalie
Shinigami Izumi meddles with Mitsuki as well as the emerging love triangle in volume two. Rival singer Madoka's past is revealed and her character is developed a little beyond mean rival status. The love triangle further complicates things as Izumi declares his love for Meroko, and the past of the shinigami is expanded upon, giving the series a slightly edgier hue. Their situations are more developed and therefore much more interesting for me as a reader.

It's a cute story, though it's full of th
Eden
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Mitsuki is doing well as a singer, along with the help of two harbringers of death. Her music is doing well and she still hopes to find her friend, who she loves very much.

I loved the first volume of this. Thought it was so good. This volume is not bad, but I didn't like it quite as much as the first one. This took a little bit to get into, but once I finally did get into it, I enjoyed it very much.

I really like Mitsuki. I think she is a really sweet character and I liked that she explained more
Timothy
Jan 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Volume 2 consists of chapters 6 through 9, plus a standalone bonus story called "Gin-yu Meika".

Overall, volume 2 is definitely an improvement over volume 1, as it feels as if the author is finally getting a handle over the story. Where as volume 1 felt very sporadic in story (as if there were no long term plans), volume 2 starts to flesh out the characters and what possibly might be the true story of the series. As usual, things get a bit sappy and cheesy, but this comes with the territory of sh
Kunori
Jul 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The art is absolutely adorable! The heart warming scenes between Takuto and Mitsuki are just... So cute! And the way Meroko gets all gun-ho about it afterwards! Hahaha.

I definetaly reccomend anyone who hasn't read this before to read it. The tradegy, the drama and the love just makes you cry at some pages.
Jenni Noordhoek
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Still good. Second read reveals plot hole concerning the relationship between Takuto and Mitsuki (and the age difference that is probably about 10 years) but hey this is in a manga where the 12yo turns into a 16yo whenever she needs to for plot purposes and in his mind Takuto never lived past 16 so.... I deem it not squicky. Still a little odd but I think it works.
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Dr.Wakouji, (her doctor) found Mitsuki, oh boy! and Takuto and Meroko talked to him, and turns out the boy Mitsuki loves - Eichi, might be the one to prevent her death, so they want to keep them from meeting, cuz Takuto and Meroko are supposed to retrieve her soul when the time comes. also Mitsuki is getting ready to release her next single for a commercial : )
Amethyst
Jul 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I'm pretty sure I read this one, but I don't think I was able to get passed it before I started reading other books and forgot to finish the amazing sags of Full Moon Cherryblossom (english translation)!!!:)
Louise
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Again, very different and more fast paced than the anime, but just as good in my opinion! I also enjoyed the short comic at the end of the book which was about playing the piano and why we choose our hobbies. All in all a very good manga with very good art as well!
sucker4synth
Mar 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Still trying to get into this series though it hasn't completely hooked me, yet. Takuto fights against remembering who he was. Mitsuki has trouble with a rival stealing her lyrics. I will keep going. The artwork is cute, the outfits are cool, just want to be grabbed a bit harder by the plot.
Joss
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
August 2013: 5 Stars
Yet another cute volume (although there were parts that confused me)! Just one question: who's the guy at the end that makes Mitsuki gasp? Is it *the* Eichi??
I can't wait to read volume 3!
Lynn
Jul 25, 2008 added it
This volume was good. Loved the illustrations, as usual. It's deeper into the story... (duh-duh-dum!)
Julie
May 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
This series is getting a bit darker, but it's still really entertaining.
Jessica
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This series is one of a kind Mitsuki's journey to find herself and live out her dream is touching and with some quirky characters to fill the pages I never felt like there was a dull moment
Amy
Aug 20, 2009 added it
Full Moon Sagashite vol. 2 by Arina Tanemura (2005)
jenny
Oct 17, 2012 rated it liked it

A definite improvement from the last volume. I still don't love it, but I'm getting more interested in finding out how the story unfolds.
Ariana
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
it was very exciting and good
Jess
Jun 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
It was your typical manga. Not bad, but not amazing.
Epikaa
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
While the first volume was alright, I dropped interest with the second volume. Maybe I'm just too old for this story..
ShinHyunRin 신현린
i love the art and i love the story. oh, i love the male character first, i should be. yes, i love takuto kira. end of review
Ambar Nepomuceno
May 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romantico, manga, shoujo
Jamas había tardado tanto en leer un manga u_u, seguiré con los siguientes tomos para hacer un review más objetivo porque hasta ahora me parece demasiado predecible y cursi. ...more
Theresa
its soooo sad...
Miss Ryoko
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, library-book
This volume was kinda meh in terms of storyline. I can hardly even remember what happened, that's how boring it was.

But seriously.... two love triangles? Ugh, come on now.
Ashley Reider
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
the songs in the anime are done so well. loved it! beautiful art and story.
Victoria Newman
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 3 (Alice 19th, #3)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 3: Can a Bad Guy Turn Good? (Shugo Chara!, #3)
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 04
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 06 (Kitchen Princess, #6)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #9)
  • Kamichama Karin, Vol. 07
Name in Japanese: 種村有菜 (Tanemura Arina)
Western Zodiac: Pisces

Arina Tanemura was born on March 12, 1978. She's the author of Full Moon O Sagashite, Time Stranger Kyoko, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, Sakura Hime Kaden, and more.

Her favorite hobby is Karaoke. One song that she sings is Smile, originally by Myco. She has two cats, named Riku and Kai. She has one elder and one
More about Arina Tanemura...

Fullmoon o Sagashite (7 books)
  • Full Moon o Sagashite, Vol. 1