Start by marking “From Myths to Monsters (A Supernatural Beings Anthology, #2)” as Want to Read:
From Myths to Monsters (A Supernatural Beings Anthology, #2)

From Myths to Monsters (A Supernatural Beings Anthology, #2)

Seeking refuge in your disbelief, they can do as they please—hide in plain sight to live among us or they might scurry into places unknown, weaving new traps to seduce their prey.

Eleven enchanting tales of legendary creatures to keep you warm at night.

Hate them or love them, once you plunge yourself into these pages you may be seduced by a creature or two.
Kindle Edition
Published March 2nd 2021 by Mikki Noble Publications

To ask other readers questions about From Myths to Monsters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Myths to Monsters

Start your review of From Myths to Monsters (A Supernatural Beings Anthology, #2)
Elsie Pitt
Mar 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
These are new authors for me. They have come together and put this anthology together. It not only brings the heat it brings all of your nightmares to life and weaves tales that stick with you long after you finish reading this! There is dark and then there is light. It offers so much to the voracious reader such as myself. This was engaging and pervades your senses. It allows the disquiet to become a roar! It will bring you to your knees and steal your breath! Congrats to ALL of these authors f ...more
Books+Coffee=Happiness Blog
Feb 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
I typically prefer stories with a happy ending, but these short macabre tales were fascinating. Some were better than others, but as a whole, From Myths to Monsters was a good book. Quite a few had a “be careful what you wish for” sort of theme, and each had a lesson to impart. I think my favorite, despite the sad ending, was Fated, with Salt Water and Song a close second. If you’re crunched for time but need an escape, each of these short tales would keep you entertained.

I received a free copy
Natalie  Freese
Mar 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Finally a novel full of deep. dark, tales....no promises of Happy endings. No one happy to just be loved. THANK YOU, to ALL Of the authors involved in this collection of historical and mythical beasts, cooks, and spooks of the night. I will reread it again to savor each tale. and wish I would have thought of them first.
Vlada-Melisa Talchiu
Feb 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Short macabre tales about creatures you only see in your worst nightmares.

The stories were short and captivating, usually with a major plot twist that left you hanging. Some were better, some I found a bit hard to get through, but one that really stuck with me was Salt water and Song. It was gripping and raw and the ending was the last thing I had expected. It's one of my favourites!

Overall, an enjoyable book that makes you step outside of your comfort zone.

I received a free copy of this book
Angel Ballard
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An awesome collection by some amazing authors!
There is such a diverse mix of stories in this wonderful collection. Each one is so well written by many authors I'm well familiar with. If you love all things mythological and add a dollop of monsters on top, you will want to add this collection to your library! Highly recommended!
Janet Smith McHardy
Feb 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
These stories have many legendary creatures from history. These are not the Disney stories that we have gotten used too, These stories are not afraid to be tragedies. The monsters can be the heroes and vice versa. I really enjoyable read.

Chris Harvey
Mar 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was given a digital Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of ‘From Myths to Monsters’ by Mikki Noble, who put together the anthology. Whilst being fantasy in nature, it focuses on people and monsters from myth and, therefore, is slightly different to my usual reading. I have also never read an anthology with stories by different authors before.

As I have followed one of the authors (Ari Meghlen) on twitter for a few years now, I was excited to read the eleven short stories in the anthology. I was not disa
Kkhmonrai
Mar 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
This anthology of eleven short, quick reads is definitely not in my usual genre. The stories were deliciously and unapologetically dark. Focused on creatures that go bump in the night, and generally inhabit the shadows of your darkest dreams. there were no guaranteed HEAs and plenty of surprising twists to throw you off balance. However, they were generally well-written and captivating. The authors are all new to me, and I might consider a full-length novel from any of them based on their storie ...more
Elena
Mar 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
I never know quite how to review anthologies but here go. So of the stories in this anthology are unique retellings of popular myths or star famous monsters and creatures from Myths. I really enjoyed all of these stories and I hope that some of the authors in this anthology use some of these short stories as a jumping off point for some if their books. I flew through this book because each story was fast paced and it was easy to want to finish and know the ending of each story so you never wante ...more
Sammi
An interesting thematic anthology. This is a much stronger anthology than the previous one. Many of the stories are SUPER well developed and written. Some stories needed much deeper editing and read throughs. Definitely would recommend many of these individual stories to my friends and peers.
Danial
Feb 23, 2021 rated it liked it
Actual rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

An anthology with no HEA guarantee.

A general theme of the stories here is that it does not have a happy ending. Don't get me wrong, there were some stories that have some semblance of a happy ending. Some stories were enjoyable. But some were just difficult to read. In my opinion, Fated was the best in the series. It was truly difficult to rate this Anthology as a whole. All I can say is that if a particular story does not suit you, move on to the next.

I received
Mikki Noble
Mar 01, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Tomorrow is the day! Our second annual anthology comes out tomorrow and we cannot wait to share our mythological beasties with you
C.M. Chafin
Apr 11, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
No rating since I am in the book, but I was very happy to get to publish with these authors. There is a little bit for everyone in here so I hope you enjoy!
Daniel Rose
Apr 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I only read Dawn’s story and it was so good!!!
K.A. Masters
Apr 25, 2021
Ari Meghlen
Jan 31, 2021 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shannon Hiner
Jan 31, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
A. Denner
Feb 04, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Krist
Feb 04, 2021
Amber
Feb 05, 2021
Dawn Christine
Feb 15, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Joseph (Manny) Heilman
is currently reading it
Mar 06, 2021
Zoe Dickens
Mar 08, 2021

• A Cursed Midlife (Witching After Forty, #2)
  • Fates (The Witch Prince #1)
  • Working the Lode: an MMF Western Menage Romance (Going for the Gold #1)
  • Manchester Lake (Darkly Enchanted Romance, #3)
  • Blame the Kiss Cam
  • The Lodger, That Summer
  • Meant To Be Gay (Moving Forward)
  • Something Sinister This Way Comes
  • Rubbing One Out
  • Harpy's Mission (Supernatural Retrieval Agency, #1)
  • Love - Limited Edition (Home in Hollyridge #1)
  • Kissing a Fool (I'm Your Man, #1)
  • The Duke is Wicked (League of Lords Book 3)
  • The Siren's Stoic Mate
  • Forbidden Mate (Forbidden, #7)
  • Kissing the Wizard: A Shifter's Unexpected Valentine
  • Wounded Alpha
  • The Red Shoe Chronicles : A Fantasy Romance Anthology
Mikki, the eccentric Canadian, has been writing in some form or another for nearly a quarter of a century; since writing her very first poem at age eleven. She lives in Ontario, Canada, with her cats, guinea pig and rabbit. She found her niche in teen fiction because it’s captivating, open-minded, fast-paced, and every sense is heightened. And that’s also the reason why it’s her favorite genre to ...more

News & Interviews

Jordan Morris is a comedy writer and podcaster whose credits include @Midnight, Unikitty! and Earth to Ned.  The sci-fi comedy Bubble is his...