Start by marking “Bombshells (Brooklyn, #5)” as Want to Read:
Bombshells (Brooklyn, #5)

Bombshells

(Brooklyn Bruisers #8)

The women's league is in the house! And Brooklyn will never be the same again for Anton Bayer and the team…

This is my last chance to ditch my playboy reputation and finally fulfill my potential. So I’ve made three rules for our biggest season yet: no boozing, no women, and no scandals.

Especially that last thing.

So who do I befriend on the very first day back at the rin
Published April 13th 2021 by Tuxbury Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Bombshells, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bombshells

Start your review of Bombshells (Brooklyn, #5)
Stacey is Sassy
Apr 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Baby’s all grown up…

***4.5 stars***

It was an absolute pleasure reading Bombshells. There are not too many times that I finish a sports romance where I admire the hero for his maturity. In this case, Anton ‘Baby’ Bayer had made some bad decisions that left him red-faced and put his career in jeopardy. Anton decided to take a step back from his partying ways and get his life and career back on track. How cool is that? A hero who recognises his good fortune and decides to work hard to earn the exor
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sarina Bowen Fan, Hockey, Romance
4.5 Bombbruiser For The Win Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free-A Quick Review
I was overjoyed to know another Brooklyn Series was coming and we had an inkling it was going to be about the Women's Hockey team. How terrific and current is that. I would expect nothing less from Sarina Bowen and her ability to educate readers about all types of hockey and their players.

Side Note: Sarina Bowen never fails to use these types of tales to explain rules, salary caps, regulations, and the way the game is playe
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Anton + Sylvie

We obviously all remember Baby Bayer!
Booze, pranks and women. Those were his true loves next to hockey these last couple years. But he has to concentrate on hockey only this season - or else!
Enter Sylvie.
She's a goalie for the new Brooklyn women's team.
And poor Anton is smitten at first sight.
But Sylvie has kinda been in love with one of his teammates since she was 15.

She's not available and he's not doing anything other than hockey this year. Should be easy, right?

LET THE FUN TIME
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula, shelly
AHHHH!! Anyone that knows me knows that Sarina Bowen and her Brooklyn Bruisers hockey series is probably the only sports romance series that I am consumed by. The Bruisers frankly are my heart's true love where sports romance is concerned. I am absolutely OBSESSED with the banter, locker room bromances and just the butterfly-inducing swoonfests that are her love stories!! Sylvie and Anton were no exception! I loved their story so so much!

That's it folks! Anton Bayer may be the Brooklyn Bruiser t
ItaPixie
Mar 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars

I’ve read this book too quickly because it was amazing.

I loved to see a professional women hockey team take form, and even if the unequal treatment between the women league and the men league is appalling I’m so proud of these women who keep their dreams and still enjoy to play this sport.

Anton Bayer decided that this is his season to shine. He won’t do anything to jeopardize his career once again, he will stay away from alcohol, women and scandals, but he couldn’t imagine to be bewitched by a

Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I had a great time with this book! I admit that I am a huge fan of Sarina Bowen's work so I couldn't wait to dive into this book. There is just something about the way that this author tells a story that leaves me feeling all warm and gooey inside. This book was no exception. I was totally hooked by this romance and couldn't get enough of Anton and Sylvie.

Anton Bayer decides to clean up his act after having a rough season the previou
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

NARRATORS: Patrick Zeller, Desiree Ketchum
LENGTH: 8 hrs and 13 mins
RATING: 4.5 STARS
CLIFFHANGER: No

Sarina Bowen delivers reliably without failure. Pick any of her books and you'll have a good time. BOMBSHELLS, the next in the Brooklyn Bruisers series, introduces Rebecca Kattenberger's female team.

The first of the Bombshells who gets
maggieandteddy
Mar 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hockey, brooklyn
I loved this from the first word. I love that the title is referring to a women's ice hockey team.
I was all in for this book. I love Anton and Sylvie's first meeting. I guess it's a meet cute. Their inner monologues reveal strong attraction. Sylvie has been around hockey her whole life. She's had a crush on a family friend who happens to be Anton's teammate, Bryce.
This is no love triangle. Anton is determined to change his womanizing ways. He vows to take his hockey career seriously.
I loved th
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Audiobook Review

Sarina Bowen delivers another hit in her long-running Brooklyn Bruisers/Brooklyn series. Bombshells spins something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue into a delightful sports romance.

Something old: Eight or so standalone stories into the series and I’m still in love with my Brooklyn Bruisers pro hockey team. What a colorful cast of characters. Their significant others are just as wonderful—if not more—and I was happy to steal another moment with them. We
Shannon
Baby Bayer is adorable and I want one for myself.

But I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I can't really recall Anton from the previous books! Don't let him hear that though, I wouldn't want him getting a complex or anything.

Not only were Anton and Sylvie really cute together, their chemistry was hot.
But I appreciated how concerned Anton was with stepping on Bryce's toes, and that he was willing to move himself into the friend zone because he didn't want to get in the middle of whatever Bryce
Books I Flove
Apr 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE ANTON!!!

Anton Bayer, Baby Bayer as he’s called, needs to clean up his act to stay on the team, and let party and women be 😏
So this is his goal this season. Staying focused. No distraction needed!
But here comes Sylvie! New member of the Bombshells, the professional women’s hockey team and the Bruiser’s organization! And it turns out, Sylvie has a history with one of Anton’s teammates!

Omg, I absolutely love how Sylvie and Anton become friends! Slowly, but steadily. And how they try to igno
Melinda
Apr 06, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bombshells by Sarina Bowen

The Bruisers and the Bombshells meet in this next book of the Brooklyn Bruisers and feature Baby Bayer and Sylvie! The Bombshells is the newly formed female hockey team where Sylvia is the backup goalkeeper. It’s instant attraction for both of them but Anton is on the straight and narrow (no distractions whatsoever!) while Sylvie thinks she’s in love with someone else. Keeping all of this in mind, Anton and Sylvie strike up a friendship first and foremost.

I enjoyed ex
Leah of Crazy Reader Chicks
This has been a hard reading year for me. I’ve been generally unmotivated to start new books, but I requested an arc of Bombshells because duh, it’s Sarina. I told myself to just read the first page and if I didn’t feeling like reading I would try again the next day because reading slumps are real folks. Well I am here to report that one page was not enough! I ended up reading half the book before taking a break! I didn’t want to put it down and was reminded why I love, love, love to read. This ...more
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: This review is for an ARC and is my unbiased opinion.

Bombshells is one of the books I've been looking forward to the most for the spring of 2021. I am happy to report it was everything I could have wanted it to be. This time around it's "Baby Bayer" who meets his match. In case you're trying to remember who "Baby Bayer" is, it's Anton Bayer. He's related to retired player Eric Bayer (Moonlighter).

Anton is a player who has had some ups and downs in his short
Victoria’s Bookish Loves
I am so thankful to have received an advanced listening copy of Bombshells in exchange for an honest review.

I am a huge fan of Sarina Bowen’s. I have read all but two of her books and was very highly anticipating the new Brooklyn series book. I was excited to learn that Bombshells was not only Anton Bayer’s book also known as Baby Bayer, cousin of retired player Eric Bayer from Moonlighter but also included the introduction of the women’s hockey team that has been teased since Brooklynaire.

Thi
AJ
5 stars

OMG, I love this book! I was so happy to be back in the Brooklyn Bruisers world, I loved the introduction to the Brooklyn Bombshells women’s team, and Anton Bayer proved to be a sensational romantic hero in this funny, sweet and sexy friends-to-lovers romance that is full of banter and chemistry, and completely captured my heart!

Anton Bayer (aka ‘Baby Bayer’) is the younger cousin of Eric (previous Bruisers player and hero of series spin-off Moonlighter), and has been a background player
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Bombshells introduces the women's hockey team (aka Bombshells) and finally gives us Baby Bayer's HEA! I have loved Anton (Baby Bayer) since his intro in the series-he was the young, foolish rogue of a teammate.

Anton has decided it's time to clean up his act so he is going to focus on hockey this season and less on booze and women. Of course, this becomes impossible when he hooks up with Sylvie!

Ok, first let me talk about the "love triangle". I loathe that, but Bombshells isn't a love trian
Jaime
Mar 26, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alc
I really liked the book, but didn't love the audio. I had to kind of push past the listening portion and really pay attention to the story itself.

I'll start with the story first.

I love the Bruisers world and all of Sarina Bowen's other hockey books. Every book has a unique aspect to it that makes it different from the ones prior. That's a feat that seems to be pretty difficult with a series that's gone on as long as this one has. I thought it was really cool that the book centered a lot on the B
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
Apr 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports, romance, 5-stars
Hold the phone—this goalie is a girl. No—a woman. With rich brown hair and luck olive skin. She shakes out her hair, which seems to be in the process of escaping whatever braid or ponytail that had confined it. Then she smiles, giving the little girl a wave.
And I can’t fucking breathe. Her smile lights up her eyes, which are a warm brown. She is like the living, breathing picture of female perfection.

Reading about the same kinds of tropes over and over in romance, as long as I love them, rarely
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog

description

‘No other man has ever made me feel this way – like I’d walk through fire for just one more kiss.’

Bombshells by Sarina Bowen has completely satisfied our craving for a great sports romance, and we have to say a hockey romance specifically -is our catnip- as is the way in which this author writes them. And Baby Bayer with his Caribbean blues had us swooning all over the pages. Whilst Bombshells was low angst, it had some real emotional moments and a fabulous message to boot. We LOVED that Sarina
UltraMeital
Apr 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a pleasure this one was! It's been too long since I immersed myself in a book like this. I simply don't have the time and energy these days so sitting down with this book felt like basically being ME again. It also made me wish I could have the time to re-visit ALL the books in the series, included the much loved Ivy Years. If you've read those, there's a sweet surprise with a reappearance of the MCs from "The Year We Hid Away".

Anton Bayer, or as he's often called "Baby Bayer" enjoyed himse
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog

Lenore Kosinski
Apr 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: preorder, kindle, arc

I received a free copy through the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

4.5 stars — Wow, I did not expect to love Baby Bayer as much as I did. I mean, I always know Ms. Bowen is going to give me great characters, but I really fell for Anton. And it didn’t hurt that he had the perfect paramour in Sylvie!

Sylvie was straightforward and down to earth in so many ways. I loved seeing her trying to tackle this new opportunity, while balanc
Bethany Badhran
Apr 10, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
We’re back in Brooklyn and all is right in the world! The Brooklyn Bruisers and their partners are second to none and Sarina Bowen just added another sweet and endearing couple to mix with Anton and Sylvie. Sarina really knows how to write a hockey romance while also bringing real issues in professional sports to life. I think this book really captured the disparity between men’s and women’s professional sports and it was so easily woven into the story - really hoping we get more of that in futu ...more
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
4-4.25 stars. This was a good book! Bombshells is the fifth book in the Brooklyn series and is Anton and Sylvie's story. Sylvie is our first pro hockey playing heroine and I was really excited to read her story. It did not disappoint either. Sylvie is starting to play goalie for the brand new Bombshells womens pro hockey team. She is unexpectedly called up to play and is understandably nervous and excited, but also really wanting to prove herself. When she was growing up, her father was a hockey ...more
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
The Brooklyn Bruisers season is about to start and Anton Bayer is ready for it. He's dedicated to doing better than last season and has sworn off parties, women and drinking. He's focused. That is until he sees Sylvie, goalie for the new women's hockey team, Bombshells.

I absolutely loved this moment when Anton sees her. It's momentous. It's the proverbial lightning bolt of love at first sight. He falls and he falls hard. There are only a few complications -- his promise to himself to behave, and
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

BABY BAAAAYYYEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I mean, yay, Anton Bayer heheh

If you have read Ms Bowen's Brooklyn Bruisers series, you have met Anton - the prankster, the player, the booze hound.

But now Baby Bayer is all grown up and taking his life and career seriously, and I adore him even more.

And this book is double the hockey, so yay! Though boo too, as it makes me mad when we see the disparity between women's and men's sports. And yay again for featuring a women's profe
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews
Bombshells is the eighth book in the Brooklyn Bruisers series. Sarina Bowen definitely delights in this romance, which is easily read as a standalone.

This time around we get both men and women's hockey. And there's a lot going on.

Anton and Sylvie's romance is a sweet one, that's full of many curves in their road to happiness.

This is Anton's season for hockey and nothing else. After indulging in partying and women the past few years, this is his year to work hard for his team.

Then he meets Sy
Sabrina
Mar 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Baby Bayer! It's Anton's turn and since it has been a while since I read the last Brooklyn Bruisers book, it was a delightful reminder of why I love this series so much. The humor, the characters, the romance, and of course hockey! So good! I picked up the book and didn't put it back down until I was done. I couldn't get enough. So this story follows Anton and Sylvie. Anton is on his third season and he knows he needs to step it up. No matter messing around or getting bad publicity. It's all abo ...more
Kim
Mar 28, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-5-stars
Anton Bayer, also nicknamed Baby Bayer, is back on the Bruisers lineup after sending a summer down in the minors. He has learned his lesson that alcohol, women, and partying do not help your hockey career flourish, so he is determined to stay focused and avoid vices, scandals, and distractions.

Of course the first practice, he says a goalie that turns his head. A new bombshell, Sylvie. The goalie of the new pro woman's team, The Bombshells. She comes to Brooklyn from Canada and is excit
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Holdout (Moo U #3)
  • Slapshot (Moo U #2)
  • Blindsided (Moo U, #1)
  • Heartscape (Vino & Veritas, #2)
  • Headstrong (Vino & Veritas, #3)
  • Aftermath (Vino & Veritas, #5)
  • Booklover (Vino & Veritas, #6)
  • Featherbed (Vino & Veritas, #1)
  • Sweetheart (Busy Bean, #1)
  • Hideaway (Vino & Veritas, #8)
  • Undercover (Vino & Veritas, #4)
  • Cowboy (Busy Bean, #2)
  • Flipcup (Vino & Veritas, #7)
  • Hard Luck (Trophy Boyfriends #4)
  • Used
  • Let it Show (Juniper Ridge, #2)
  • The Rebel (Looking to Score #1)
  • Oops, I've Fallen
sarina bowen
Sarina Bowen is the sixteen-time USA Today bestselling author of three dozen books, including: the True North series, and the Brooklyn Bruisers. She's the co-author of Him/Us and the WAGs series with Elle Kennedy. She's the author of The Ivy Years series, and more!
Are you looking for a friends-to-lovers story or maybe even a secret baby book? You can read a list of Sarina's books broken out by

Brooklyn Bruisers (8 books)
  • Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers, #1)
  • Hard Hitter (Brooklyn Bruisers, #2)
  • Pipe Dreams (Brooklyn Bruisers, #3)
  • Brooklynaire (Brooklyn, #1)
  • Overnight Sensation (Brooklyn, #2)
  • Superfan (Brooklyn, #3)
  • Sure Shot (Brooklyn #4)