Start by marking “The Devil's Mark” as Want to Read:
The Devil's Mark

The Devil's Mark

Bloody remains. Multiple victims. Ritual sacrifice?

When a blood-stained effigy of body parts is found in a central London park, D.I Daniel Graves must set about trying to discover what it could mean and find the person responsible. Symbols at the crime scene suggest the occult. Who would leave a murder victim in such a way, and why?

As Graves and partner DI Charlie Palmer b
Paperback, 1, 186 pages
Published February 1st 2021 by Panther Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Devil's Mark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil's Mark

Start your review of The Devil's Mark
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Feb 27, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2021
Well, Graves is back this time and it is another bender of a story. We all know by now with this series that the murders are never straight forward, there is always the dash of the supernatural. It is no different in this tale, however, this outing is far more brutal than it has been before but things are never as they seem. For once I wasn’t spooked when reading about Graves, I was instead fascinated to see what the frick was going on. Graves, Palmer both lead the forefront with the narrative, ...more
Jessica Belmont
The Devil’s Mark by WD Jackson-Smart is the third book in the series, but the first book I’ve read in this series and by this author. This van be read as a standalone, though it seems to be a continuation. I liked it so much though, I’ll have to go back and read the other books to see what I missed.

What is interesting about this book is that it isn’t a straight forward murder and there is a bit of supernatural mixed in. It is quite brutal, however, I was glued to the page and absolute fascinated
Lel Budge
Mar 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
The Devil’s Mark is #3 in the DI Graves series, it can also be read as a stand-alone.

Here DI Graves and his partner, DI Palmer are investigating a murder after body parts are found in a London park. As they try to identify the victim more body parts are found and it looks like a serial killer is at work.

There seems to be a ritualistic part to the killings and so enlist Professor Gooding to help. What links the victims? What is the meaning of the symbols left at the scenes?

This is fast paced, dar
Kerry https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com Robinson
D.I Graves is back with another dark and sinister case! Men are being murdered and their body parts left in strange ritualistic and symbolic manners around London and the clues are leading down an unbelievable and potentially supernatural path. Can D.I Graves and his team solve the crime before the victims start to pile up?
I love how the D.I Graves series always have a spiritual/supernatural element to them that always seems plausible. I have no beliefs at all in other worldly things however Jac
Amanda
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘The Devil’s Mark’ is the third book in the series featuring Detective Inspector Graves. I read and loved the first two books in the series and I couldn’t wait to get started on ‘The Devil’s Mark’. So without further ado, I grabbed my Kindle, grabbed a cup of tea and settled down to read the next instalment of the series. I thoroughly enjoyed reading ‘The Devil’s Mark’ but more about that in a bit.
It didn’t take me long to get into this story. In fact after the first few pages, I just knew that
Mandie
Jan 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
The Devils Mark in the third book in the DI Graves series and this time sees him and partner DI Palmer dealing with an investigation that has them delving into the worlds of witchcraft and rituals.
When body parts are found in a London park by an early morning jogger it’s the last thing that Graves and Palmer want to see. With no clues to the identity or even where the murder took place this is not going to be easy. When more body parts turn up in another location, they know they are dealing wit
Michelle Ryles
Mar 26, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: galleys-read
I've really been enjoying the Palmer and Graves partnership in WD Jackson-Smart's novels; they're police procedurals but with an element of supernatural so absolutely anything can happen and it frequently does. Although I've kept up with the series, you can definitely read The Devil's Mark as a standalone as any recurring characters are given a good introduction so that new readers are not disadvantaged.

In quite a grisly instalment, Palmer and Graves are on the trail of a killer who dismembers b
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
I really enjoyed the first in this series, The Demons Beneath, so I thought I'd give this one a go. It is the third in the series and it can be read as a standalone, but I would recommend reading the other books in the series as some storyline runs over into this one.

The Devil's Mark is a fast-paced ride of a book. The elements of horror and police procedural combined to make a really enthralling story.

DI Daniel Graves and DI Charlie Palmer made a good double act. Their banter and friendship is
Sharon Rimmelzwaan
The Devils Mark by WD Jackson-Smart is the third book in a series featuring DI Daniel Graves and DI Charlie Palmer. I have not had the pleasure of reading the previous books so I went in 'cold turkey' I suppose you could say. This book was fine to be read as a standalone although as always with a series, to get a complete picture of the main characters, it is always best to read them chronologically.
In this book DI Graves has to untangle the meaning of a blood stained effigy of body parts that
Rhiannon
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The third DI Graves book is just as compelling as the first two. Graves and his partner find themselves once again on the trail of a brutal killer on the streets of London. Jackson-Smart has created some great characters that make you care what happens next and his descriptions of London are well crafted. Not for the squeamish but a good murder mystery.
Danni (_forbookssake)
The Devil’s Mark was my most anticipated release of 2021, and WD Jackson-Smart is one of my favourite athors, so I am extremely lucky to get to be part of this blog tour. I couldn’t wait to see what was in store for D.I. Graves, and to see how his story continues. I have been so excited about this book, so as soon as my physical copy arrived (which I bought for myself, despite being sent a digital copy for the tour, because I just HAD to add it to my collection), I dived straight in, despite hav ...more
Shane Moore
marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2021

• An Eye for an Eye (Detective Kate Young, #1)
  • In the Company of Strangers
  • Uncork My Love
  • Deity (Six Stories #5)
  • The Twenty Seven Club
  • Hotel Cartagena (Chas Riley, #9)
  • Flying Duo
  • THE FACELESS MAN an absolutely gripping crime mystery with a massive twist (Detectives Lennox & Wilde Thrillers Book 2)
  • Last Seen (Detective Bernadette Noel #1)
  • Blood Stained (Detective Claudia Nunn #1)
  • The Night Gate (The Enzo Files #7)
  • Abberton House
  • If She Dies
  • Watch Her Fall
  • The Kindness of Psychopaths
  • Røykteppe (Alexander Blix & Emma Ramm, #2)
  • Bad Habits