Jump to ratings and reviews

Maddison Kings University #0.5

The Mistakes You Make

Some demons we can’t outrun.

Kane Legend is mine.

The gorgeous boy who always finds me.
The ruthless bully I’ve spent my life avoiding.

Even leaving Harrow Creek wasn’t enough to escape his torment.

Because I didn’t stay away and neither could he.
One weekend home... one party.
One night that ruined everything.

He wanted revenge, and he got it, because my life is never going to be the same.

Kane Legend made sure I’d never forget him...

My biggest mistake.

First published March 25, 2021

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Tracy Lorraine

128 books2,483 followers
Tracy Lorraine is a M/F and M/M contemporary romance author. Tracy has just turned thirty and lives in a cute Cotswold village in England with her husband, baby girl and lovable but slightly crazy dog. Having always been a bookaholic with her head stuck in her Kindle Tracy decided to try her hand at a story idea she dreamt up and hasn’t looked back since.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
51 (4%)
1 star
11 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 130 reviews
Profile Image for Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥.
745 reviews2,422 followers
April 3, 2021
It's hard to rate a prequel novella like this one, mostly because it's incredibly short. In the past, the most I would give similar stories is 4 stars, because they never felt complete. I decided that wasn't exactly fair, so now I'm doing things differently.

The Mistakes You Make is my first read by Tracy Lorraine. I enjoyed her writing style. The characters and their conflict piqued my interest right away. I was intrigued the whole way through, and I want more of it all! The last lines surprised me and made me want to grab the next book immediately, so I feel like it did what it was meant to do. For that reason, I decided to give it 5 stars.

Book 1, here I come!
Profile Image for QuinnReads.
2,700 reviews102 followers
April 4, 2021
Blinded by Jealousy, Rage

Wow! That's a whole lotta hate... stuff going on there! Kane is blinded by jealousy and rage. Even though bully romances aren't my preference, I figured it was time to see what Tracy Lorraine was up to over here. She doesn't disappoint. I look forward to seeing what comes next for these two.

NOTE: Triggers are definitely present!
Profile Image for Commamirandabooknerd .
312 reviews5 followers

The Revenge You Seek: Book 1
The Deception You Weave: Book 2
The Betrayal You Serve: Book 3

Authour: Tracy Lorraine @tracy_lorraine_author

"He’s the bad boy. The one mothers warn their daughters to stay away from. But I’m like a moth to a fucking flame and fuck it if I get burned."

"She should have been yours all along"

"It's okay to miss something even if it never belonged to you. Even if it's just a memory."

"You look so fucking beautiful, Princess. So fucking beautiful and all fucking mine. You got that?"

I don't know why I waited so long to read this series because as usual I am blown away by reading Tracy's books.

Letty and Kane had a lot of work ahead of them to fight through their past traumas which haunted them both. The hate they had for each was so strong they couldn't see past it enough to notice that they meant so much more to each other than just hating each other. The journey from hate to love was a rocky one and I don't know how many times I asked myself " why do they keep doing this to each other?" "Why is everything stacked against them?" But of course, that's what makes the story of Letty and Kane just so exciting.

I also always love the side characters we get in any of Tracy's Books. The friendship that is more like a chosen family always makes me fall in love with her books even more. I can't get enough and I'm so glad I picked up the Madison Kings University series. I look forward to the next journey with our leading man and woman I have a feeling these books will get better and better as I read on.

#TracyLorraine #MadisonKingsUniversity #Scarlett #Hunter #Let #Letty #Princess #Dirtylittlewhore #Baby #beautiful #Kane #Legend #football #gang #hawks #enemiestolovers #trilogy #mistakes #revenge #deception #betrayal #darkbullyromance

Edit Canva
Profile Image for Nicole Ortiz.
1,284 reviews50 followers
April 3, 2021
Short, steamy introduction to Kane and Scarlett. Leaves you wanting to jump right into their story.
Profile Image for Valentina.
953 reviews217 followers
July 26, 2021
A prequel introducing Kane, a bad boy with a grudge against Scarlett (Letty), former girlfriend to his best friend. Letty is in town from Columbia University attending a party when she re-encounters Kane, who is out for revenge because of wrongs she caused his best friend and to him.

I was surprised to have been captured by this book from the onset, but I shouldn't have been since it contained those elements which are my favorite in romance -- medium to fast pace, heady steam right from the beginning including dubious consent, enemies to lovers revenge theme, and an antihero a-hole. Making love in the rain and mud has never been more hot.

This story just gives a short introduction to these two main characters and scratches to the surface of their conflict. Definitely piques the interest for book 1.

Profile Image for Rosie.
648 reviews18 followers
April 1, 2021
A great introduction to this new series from Tracy. The Mistakes You Make gives an indication into why Letty and Kane have such a hate for each other, but also their insane chemistry too. Well worth a read before starting book one, The Revenge You Seek.
Profile Image for c a r í.
835 reviews149 followers
July 2, 2021
This is a good prelude and rightly sets up the storyline of the next book in the series. I really enjoyed reading it!✨
Profile Image for Athena D..
866 reviews49 followers
August 17, 2021
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS

WOW! This prequel is a-freaking-mazing. Understanding what went down with Letty and Kane is making me anticipate how the rest of their story will unfold. I can't wait! The Mistakes You Make by Tracy Lorraine is an EPIC read that will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ARISTOCRACY!!!
Profile Image for Dani.
Author 118 books2,219 followers
March 4, 2021
Short, steamy, angsty! This short prequel introduces us to Lorraine's new series and if this was anything to go by, we're in for one helluva ride!
Profile Image for Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora).
1,992 reviews261 followers
March 14, 2021
Well this definitely got me even more curious about what the heck happened between these two!!

But I gotta say the sex scene kind of weirded me out and the way it ended, both the sex and the book, ughh. I need more, specially answers to what the heck that meant.
Profile Image for Evie_Book_Revs *Evie Book Reviews*.
281 reviews11 followers
April 6, 2021
“You. Ruin. Everything!” ~ Kane Legend, The Mistakes You Make

💋 Betrayal leads to revenge.

Scarlet Hunter and Kane F***ing Legend up the anti and set the MKU series up to be blazing!! This dark romance prequel had a great way of drawing in, and introducing the reader into what is possibly in store for the characters—so much angst, secrets, and betrayal...revenge. That instant, looming connection between Kane and Scarlet throughout kept building, and the burning embers turned to flames. The ending was shocking, and I. NEED. ANSWERS ASAP?!

“I’m like a moth to a f**king flame and f**k it if I get burned.” ~ Letty Hunter

I look forward to reading the series, continuing with the recently released book 1–The Revenge You Seek. Will the fire burn blue? Stay tuned for subsequent reviews on the works from this new-to-me author. 🖤
Profile Image for Catreena.
322 reviews59 followers
March 11, 2021
POV:Dual

Letty and Kane

Spinoff from Tracy Lorraine's Rosewood High series. This is a new series Maddison Kings University (no need to have previously read Rosewood High series, but if you want to, you can, so check it out) This is Harley's big sister and Kyle's big brother's story (Harley and Kyle's book is Legend)
We're aware that Letty, Kane, Harley, Kyle and Zayn, who's Letty and Harley's brother (his book is Hunter) grew up together as kids.
This is a prequel to THE REVENGE YOU SEEK, a quick hot insight into Letty (Scarlett) and Kane's history.
Profile Image for Nance.
1,458 reviews103 followers
June 23, 2021
Good start to a new trilogy by author, Tracy Lorraine. It wasn't very long, so the reader is left with numerous questions. It mostly introduces the heroine, Scarlett, and the hero/bully, Kane, with a little of their mysterious past interactions and current encounter once again. Looking forward to really getting into the heart of the story with its emotional drama...
Profile Image for Lauri MissDysfunktion.
702 reviews19 followers
August 3, 2022
The Mistakes You Makes is the prequel to Maddison Kings University. A dark college bully romance.

This book absolutely leaves you wanting more and needing to dive into the series. But it sets the series up perfectly giving just enough information to know what you're getting yourself into.
Lets be real I was interested at the bully romance…Looking forward to seeing where this series goes.
Profile Image for Michelle Krystel .
1,862 reviews42 followers
March 30, 2021
I was given an advance readers copy of this book and have decided to write a voluntary honest review. This is my very first book by this author and I am so excited for full book! This series I can just feel it is going to be amazing!!!
Profile Image for Book Boyfriend Whoarder Mari.
557 reviews211 followers
March 30, 2021
Well that was an introduction if I ever read one.

We get a small taste of what this new series will bring us and man am I hooked and ready.

There’s an array of characters I’m dying to know more about.

Down and dirty took a whole new meaning here.

Profile Image for Justmyfantasyworld.
610 reviews14 followers
April 24, 2022
• 𝑩𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝑹𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘 •

𝗧𝗶𝘁𝗹𝗲: The Mistakes You Make
𝗦𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀: Maddison Kings University #0.5
𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿: Tracy Lorraine
𝗥𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴: ☆☆☆ 3/5

This was a very short story, it is only a prequel novella that is set for the rest of the series. I haven’t read any of the books and this is the first time for me set in this world. There were things I liked and things I disliked, and a lot of mysteries which I think will only be revealed in the series itself. It does make a great introduction to this world and the characters. Not sure how to feel about that spicy scene though… Has a crazy cliffhanger ending (which is not surprising).

A lot of my reviews are also available with photo at my Bookstagram: @justmyfantasyworld
Profile Image for Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*.
1,454 reviews113 followers
March 20, 2021
So this is what Kane is like?! I'm intruiged.

This author sure knows how to let you feel what the characters are going through. Had me from the get go.
Profile Image for Brittany (happy.ending.always).
754 reviews31 followers
March 27, 2021
Holy moly! Now that is how you writes prequel!!! This has me begging, needing so much more, so badly! I need so many answers. Scarlett has so many layers to her. Layers we haven’t even begun to see yet! And Kane, what is up with this dude! He is on a war path and his number one target is Scarlett or Larry!!! Ohhh this upcoming book after this is going to be sooo good! Can’t wait!
Profile Image for Coco.V.
46.4k reviews4 followers
Want to read
March 29, 2021
🎁FREE on Amazon & on Apple iBooks today (3/29/2021)!🎁
199 reviews1 follower
March 30, 2021
Holy moly. My heart was in my throat that whole book. Hot damn 😲🤯🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴 that was one intense 45 minutes. Sooo dirty.
Profile Image for joana ✿ .
105 reviews1 follower
February 1, 2022
"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡.”

Easy and fast read...

I somehow knew I was going to like this author's writing. I'm so happy that I was right.
Book 1, here I go!
I hope I like it 🤞🏼
Profile Image for Nuzzles_and_novels.
370 reviews23 followers
March 5, 2022
3.5
I don't have much to say about this since it's just a tiny extract before the first book
Displaying 1 - 30 of 130 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.