Start by marking “Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy

(Gallagher Girls #2)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  78,960 ratings  ·  3,310 reviews
Cammie Morgan is back, and it's clear that her life hasn't calmed down since the events of I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You. At first, giddy anticipation is in the air. Gallagher Academy, Cammie's elite spy school, is hosting a visit from a covert training center for boys. Soon after the boys' arrival, though, everything goes dangerously awry when a serie ...more
Hardcover, First Edition, 236 pages
Published October 2nd 2007 by Hyperion Books for Children

To ask other readers questions about Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, please sign up.
CapesandCovers Yes, definitely. Just make sure you read the first book before hand.
Lily I'm not sure what you mean? This book is the second. The third is Dont Judge a Girl By Her Cover. The fourth is Only the Good Spy Young. The Fifth is…moreI'm not sure what you mean? This book is the second. The third is Dont Judge a Girl By Her Cover. The fourth is Only the Good Spy Young. The Fifth is Out of Sight, Out of Time. And finally the sixth is United We Spy. I hope this answered your question.(less)

·  78,960 ratings  ·  3,310 reviews

Start your review of Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)
Lola
I can’t stop thinking about this series.

It’s so addictive I’m truly scared I’m not going to be able to ever forget it and I have this feeling that it’s ruining the ‘espionage’ YA genre for me, because I don’t think I’ll ever find a book/series of that genre as good as this one.

But you know what? I don’t care anymore.

I love this series and I’m going to love it with all my heart. I can say this, even though this is only the second book, since this is a reread for me: The G
may ❀
Who would have thought a sequel could be better than the first book??? Okay, not SUBSTAINTAILLY better, but noticeably better.

description

I finished this book in less than 2 hours and im just grateful these books are short otherwise I would be encouraged to do other things ((laundry)) than read this book
That’s how bad they can get – im not even exaggerating

But book #2 w
Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral
*Review posted on Mundie Moms on August 20, 2011*

I love discovering a series that has a number of books out already. But the problem? Well, I seem to be devouring them in one sitting. I tried to slow down my reading of Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, but I couldn’t seem to stop turning pages. For starters, I wanted to know what Cammie’s mother was hiding and what was that new construction in the school all about?

Then in a countersurveillance exercise with the always fun-to-read Mr. Solomon, I smi
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
REREAD: July 26, 2015

It will never be the same. I'm bumping up the rating to 4 stars.

Initial read: January 21, 2015

Rating: 3.8 stars

One thing you should know about me is, I have a short attention span. I can't never get anything done without chirping a couple of nonsensical chores between my reading.

I was pleasantly surprised to find myself finishing Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy in one day. Its genuinely short, but still my effort deserved to be applauded.

Verdict:/>Rating:/>Initial
Eri
re-read on 1/18/15

You can also read this review and others on my blog.

Reading this brought back all of the memories of why I love this series so much. Why despite having read this for the first time five years ago, I still push it up to the top of my favorite books list all the time.

This book is my comfort food, and without fail, it always make me smile and swoon and laugh and a tad sad at times.

Cammie is one of my favorite girls ever, perhaps because of her endearing awkwardne
Leanna
Feb 04, 2008 rated it liked it
Rachael
Mar 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy is the second book in Ally Carter's Gallagher Girl series. It is just as cute and well-written as the first book.

It's a new semester at Cammie's spy school. But getting through the next part of her Covert Operations class isn't her only challenge; the school is also keeping a secret from its students, a secret called Blackthorne. Soon, it's up to Cammie and her genius friends to save the school.

In my opinion, some parts of this story are pre
Jillian
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
book #6 completed for booktubeathon 2018!

the epilogue. THE. EPILOGUE. boooiiii let me tell you i am loving this series so far. the characters are great. the spy school setting is great. I JUST...YES MORE PLS THX.
Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms)
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Before I start, I have to start by saying something extremely vital to my review: JOSH WHO?

Agter reading this book, I am infinitesimaly glad that Cammie isn't with Josh. First of all, I've never ever related to him. I didn't like him as a character. I've always found him to be just a distraction to Cammie. I'm glad I didn't need to hear much from him here.

Anyways, this book was great, even better than the first one. I found myself passing the pages faster, because I wante
Mary
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
pls read these books they're SO much fun!
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
asdfghjkl; these books are so fun! I can't stop grinning and while this didn't get any tears out of me, I enjoyed it a lot! especially the parts where a certain boy was involved (✿◠‿◠) I'm in such a reading groove with this series that I don't have that much time to update here while continuously laughing and turning the pages as soon as possible, but I'm already [almost] halfway done with book 3 and it's really good, too!
Carla
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tbh, the reason the rating is “so low” is that boy Zach.
I hate those kind of boys (I know he is a fictional one here but still) who force themselves on girls. I just can’t stand them and I won’t be sorry for that.
I loved the girlpower but sadly I found the plot a little weak.
You should maybe consider that I’m a bit “too old” for this series, in general, but it was a cute, easy and fast-paced read! I’ll definitely continue to read about the girls!
Pahilario22
Apr 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Cross My Heart and Hope To Spy is the sequel to I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter, the witty and adventurous "Cameron Ann Morgan" herself.
This novel took alot from the first book and placed an even harder and challenging mission in this story.
Cammie and her three friends, along with the 96 more girls at the academy, find theirselves in an even tougher and awkward situation than when Cammie first met Josh; and this time, this situation refers to all Gallaghers: Boy
Marina
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
The second installment of The Gallagher Girls is much better than the predecessor. There was much more spying, secrets, twists, and intrigue in this book. My disappointment from the first book has been mollified.

First of, the girls: Cammie, Bex, Liz, and Macey are all great. I wish the books were a little longer, so we'd get to explore their relationships and personalities more, but I'm just happy there are so many great girls working together.

The boys: Meh. Zach was okay, I guess,
Monkey of Doom
Nov 14, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: just-for-fun
This book wasn't as good as it's predecessor, "I'd Tell You I Love You, but then I'd Have to Kill You". Cam went from being a cool spy girl who happened to be interested in a boy, to a confused teenage girl, who happened to be a spy. Most of the book was her trying to deal with Zach, another spy, and then not taking the route I wanted her to, which involved a good beating on Zach's part. My goodness, that guy was annoying! Kinda a non-exsistent plot. Basically just said,"we figured out that you ...more
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
Hmmm. Much better than the first, but some parts felt lacking. I would have to reread the action scenes to try to understand what was going on, but still felt lost at some points. No cussing like the first book (there was a 'freaking', though), but there was still a romance--just with a different guy. A kiss and an almost kiss, but not really any sexual hints. Many mentions of hotness and hotties. There is an accident with a strapless bra falling, that I found a bit humorous did to the fact I al ...more
H
Nov 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
I thought this was really good, regardless of the slim plot. I liked the characters a lot, especially the new ones, and I wish the third book was coming out tomorrow instead of in June. Sigh. But I laughed almost the whole time, especially about some of the situations and things Cammie finds herself in. I hope Zach's in the next book a lot, because I feel like Carter raised a lot of questions about him but then didn't answer any of them (well, except if he liked Cammie or not).
Almera
actual rating: 4.5 stars

fUCKING ZACHARY GOODE

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME ERI

THAT FUCKING SMOOTH MOTHERFUCKER I HATE HIM
Rebecca
These books are seriously so much fun. Sure they might be kind of predictable, but the characters are amazing and the storyline is fantastic. This is the epitome of a feel good series. I can’t wait to read them all.
Beth
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
HI, ZACH.

The fact that there are boys - and they're better than the Gallagher Girls - will never cease to amuse me. This book is hilarious. Predictable, but hilarious. It's that perfect moment in the series where school and interpersonal dynamics are still their biggest concerns. Actually, the ending might be a retread, and Abby hasn't shown up yet (which is weird; in my memory she takes up more space), so it's not too perfect. But it's charming.

And the new epilogue is pretty fabulous.
Amanda
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: american-pie-may
You can also find my review here: https://devouringbooks2017.wordpress....

I have had this book forever, but decided to finally pick it up because I recently read Heist Society by Ally Carter, and I've also been on a bit of the spy books kick lately. It's been a very long time since I read the first novel in the series, but that was okay because this can definitely be red and standalone. Ally Carter's books are at the top of my list for young adults spy novels. Etiquette and Espionage does not even come close to being as goo
Georgia
Feb 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kyla Harris
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Girls 9-14
I love spy stuff. And she makes me want to become a Gallagher Girl so bad. I will always love Zach with all my heart he is top spy man ever!❤ I love how she ends her books! Always at the end of the school year. Where the possibilities are endless. Liz and Bec are the best characters as well as best friends for Cammie. Oh and Macey too they are a mix of a kind such different personalitys yet they work together so well! I wish her books were longer! I finished this one fast. It's been awhile that ...more
Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat)
I thought my heart was going to break, but then it starts healing because of the humor in this book.
"I thought you liked your interludes secret and mysterious. Your boyfriends private."
"We weren't having an interlude. And you are not my boyfriend."
"Yeah. I noticed."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"You're the Gallagher Girl. You figure it out."

Wolf (Alpha)
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I like how Zach is so clever and how he is great at what he does. I feel bad for Cammie since she was tricked. I feel bad for all the girls because they didn't know that there was a school for boys. I like how she and Zach get together and how Zach kisses her before leaving.
Sally ☾
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
“A Gallagher Girl's real grades don’t come in pass or fail—they're measured in life or death.”

Zachary is such a bitch. I love him.
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
THIS WAS SO CUTE. I AM READY FOR BOOK THREE

----

Ok. I got to thank Eri for getting super excited to finish this series. I'm actually very grateful to her because this series rocks like mac n' cheese. I'm so very deeply in love with all the characters and the plot lines in each book.

Cammie is so cool. I actually like her more than the first one. I don't know, the way she thrives at things, and her being a super amazing spy, makes me love her even more. Her relationship wit
Nicole
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the second book of the gallagher girls series. At first, it starts off slow but soon get more interesting. The second book is about how Cammie and her friends find out their school is hosting boys from another spy school. Soon the school worries that a security breach could tell the world the true status of the school while incident is being blamed on Cammie. Cammie needs to learn who is on her side, who she can trust, and how she is going to save the school's reputation. I would definit ...more
C.B. Cook
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was pretty good. Spies and such. I knew the ending before it came, and there was too much romance (again), but it was pretty good! (I don't remember in cursing in this one.)
Duchess Natalia of the Northern Lights in the sky
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: favorites

• Also Known As (Also Known As, #1)
  • Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
  • School's Out—Forever (Maximum Ride, #2)
  • Perfect Cover (The Squad, #1)
  • Broadway Lights (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #5)
  • Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • Two Lies and a Spy (Two Lies and a Spy, #1)
  • Runaway (Airhead, #3)
  • Model Spy (The Specialists, #1)
  • A Girl Named Digit (Digit, #1)
  • Goddess Boot Camp (Oh. My. Gods., #2)
  • Down to the Wire (The Specialists, #2)
  • Fight to the Finish (The Specialists, #5)
  • The Winning Element (The Specialists, #3)
  • Sealed with a Lie (Two Lies and a Spy, #2)
  • Alphas (Alphas, #1)
  • Killer Instinct (The Naturals, #2)
  • The Clique (The Clique, #1)
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls, Heist Society, and Embassy Row series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

She encourages you to visit her online at allycarter.com and embassyrowbooks.com.

Gallagher Girls (6 books)
  • I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)
  • Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls, #3)
  • Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls, #4)
  • Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)
  • United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6)
“Most little girls in England grow up wanting to marry
a prince. Bex grew up wanting to kick James Bond's butt and assume his double-0 ranking.”
700 likes
“You really saw some?" Liz said an hour later. Sure, we had the stereo blaring and the shower running, but Liz still whispered, "They really...exist?"
"Liz," I whispered back, "they're not unicorns."
"No," Bex said flatly, "they're boys. And they're...good.”
616 likes