Start by marking “Boyfriend Freeze” as Want to Read:
Boyfriend Freeze

Boyfriend Freeze

I've made a lot of mistakes, but you can't be one of them...

Dear Graham,
After crossing too many lines for my self-respect, I made a promise to myself: no hookups for sixty days.

But I didn't count on meeting you.

Who knew a smart, cardigan-wearing geek would be such temptation? You're all wrong for me, except you're also kind of exactly right.

So how do I keep my promise not
Published February 4th 2021

Start your review of Boyfriend Freeze
Rachel Emily
I really enjoyed this! It was a very sweet book with a bit of opposites attract, experienced party boy falls for the nerdy librarian, and I really enjoyed it!

My one thing is that this is in first person POV and swaps back and forth between Ollie and Graham, and sometimes due to the "voice" of the writing being so similiar between the two characters, it was confusing who's POV we were in, like if I put the book down and then came back to it.

Otherwise, I enjoyed this sweet story, I LOVED the last
Pablito
Grad student librarian overhears undergrad slutboy say he needs a job.

Let the snark war begin! Who knew how much mutual lust lurked behind a sweater vest calling a cardigan a rag?

If the Zingers had kept up throughout the book with the same sting as these future coworkers had exchanged at the outset, my score would undoubtedly be higher.
Susan
Feb 09, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
Nice, but not that special to be honest...
Amanda
I think this series is Jamison’s absolute best. While it took me a little bit to warm up to Ollie, I also completely understood him and where he was coming from. What was even more astonishing is that even though Graham was his complete opposite, I also completely resonated with him as well. They were just such real characters, and I couldn’t help but fall in love with them. Ollie seemed a little off in Jonas’s book, but he’s really just so insecure and unsure how to handle himself. But as he le ...more
Lillian Francis
Adorable opposites attract story.
Bear with Ollie, he's not the easiest to like at the start of the story, but his development is the backbone of the story.
Graham is instantly likeable. One of those nerds that doesn't realise he's attractive.
This story is set in the same verse as Naughty & Nice and Secret Admirer. Jonas from Naughty & Nice appears several times in this story as he is a pivotal part of Ollie's journey.
A low angst, easy read.
Jacquie Stewart
Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5
I'd read the free version and enjoyed it, but this expanded version is better.
Ollie and Graham get their own pov's and there is a new epilogue which nicely rounds out the story.
Graham's pov is a great addition, making it much easier to get to know his character.
Ollie.... I love him, I'd always felt that Jonas treated him badly, like he was disposable. Ollie was a fair bit younger than him but somehow more mature.
The self imposed sex ban really worked as it allowed the relationship to grow.
Thi
LE
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: age-gap, arc, holiday
Boyfriend Freeze (4 stars)

MM – College - Opposites Attract - Small Age Gap - HEA

Cheeky college freshman Ollie meets awkward grad student Graham. They are total opposites, but it is what makes them so good together. The story tells of the growing pains both had to endure to get their HEA. I recommend reading this expanded version, so you get both POVs.

Boyfriend Freeze is a nice addition to D.J. Jamison's “Love Notes” series. Jonas from Naughty & Nice makes a cameo appearance. I hope the chance m
Kristine
Shelves: 2021, romance
This is a great story that quickly drew me in and kept me turning the pages. These are two characters who are very much opposites. I enjoyed following along on their journey as the found their happily ever after.
TJ
Feb 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday
Boyfriend Freeze is based on a short story released during a winter wonderland giveaway. Sometimes that doesn’t translate into a fully fleshed longer longer book but this one definitely worked. I really enjoyed the dual POV and felt like I really got to know Graham. Even though they are a few years apart this felt like an age gap story. Graham seems so much older and grounded while Olli is immature and has lost his way. They are almost total opposites but that becomes their strength as they both ...more
Lisa
Feb 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Boyfriend Freeze is Book 3 of the Love Notes series and follows Ollie's story who made an appearance in Naughty & Nice. This was originally offered by the author as a freebie as part of the Winter Giveaway in January but this book has been expanded from its original version. If you remember Jonas from that book, Ollie was the guy that was hooking up with him before Jonas figured out his feelings for Quinn. The first few chapters of Boyfriend Freeze overlaps with some of the events of Naughty & N ...more
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews
4.5 Stars

DJ Jamison's Boyfriend Freeze is a compelling read. I love this story. The tone drew me in, taking me on a heartfelt journey.

It all starts with a New Year's resolution, as Ollie vows to not date or hook up for 60 days. So, of course, that's when he finds that someone special who might just be the man for him. Cue the dilemma.

I adore these two men together. I love the way they get off on the wrong foot, but eventually get to be friends. As co-workers, the forced proximity helps them to
Amy Stauffer
Sweet, thoughtful, and a lot of snark

When I first started reading this book it took me a few pages to remember who Ollie was. I am so bad with names it’s not even funny. We only caught a small glance of him in Naughty and Nice, but I’m so glad he got his turn at a HEA.

I loved the premise of the book, and the fact Ollie saw more to his resolution than just an empty promise. He knew he needed it, but not how much he needed it until later on. Graham was adorable and such an intellectual person. I
ButtonsMom2003
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love a reformed character!

We first met Ollie in Naughty & Nice, Love Notes book 2; he wasn’t a very nice character in that story. He wasn’t really a bad guy but he did a couple of things that weren’t too nice and I am so happy that DJ decided to write a story for him.

Don’t confuse this full version of Boyfriend Freeze with the free short version that was available in early January on Prolific Works. That version only told Ollie’s POV, this greatly expanded version also includes Graham’s POV.

Ol
Emily Hernandez
Feb 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
I read Ollie's story when it was part of the Winter Wonderland giveaway, and while the overall storyline is still the same, this expanded version gave me all the insider information about Graham that I was missing originally. I loved getting to see what Graham really thought of Ollie from their first interaction, and reading scenes from his perspective added a new depth to their romance. Whether they were bantering back and forth or stumbling around their attraction for each other, Ollie and Gra ...more
Melissa
I loved this book! The sweet, nerdy librarian-to-be and the sexy party animal are opposites in almost every way. Ollie has started to see himself as only a toy for other peoples’ pleasure and it’s making him realize that he’s worth more and needs to prove that to himself while Graham needs to atop hiding behind his books and start to live a little. When Ollie makes a New Years resolution for no dating or hookups for 60 days, he never expected to fall hard and fast for the nerdy librarian. This b ...more
E.Muddle
Jan 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
I read the original novella for this earlier and I’m so glad it was expanded to include Graham’s perspective. Complete opposites, Graham and Ollie get off to a bit of a frosty start which soon turns into flirty banter and mutual pining. I adored both characters and, although Ollie can come across as a tad selfish or judgmental in the beginning, he quickly shows himself to be loyal and kind. All he wants is to find a connection with someone, and it just so happens he may find one with the last pe ...more
Mrs.V
Jan 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
When we met Ollie in Naughty and Nice, and then again at the very beginning of this book, he’s a bit of a hot mess; understandably so, since he’s barely out of his teenage years, having just finished his first semester in college.
He shows a great amount of maturity going on a self-imposed, two-months sex ban, during which he wants to change his way. Of course, it’s just then that he meets cute and introverted grad student and librarian Graham.
They start out as co-workers and friends, though the
Tammy Jones
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! Ollie is trying to turn over a new leaf, so to speak, so he decides to go 60 days without sex. Shouldn't be that hard....right?! Just avoid the frat houses...problem solved! Graham is a Graduate Assistant to the Librarian and is front and center to witness Ollie's journey into mini sainthood. It turns out to be a beautiful train wreck! Ollie never seemed to be into geeky librarians...but Graham sure is starting to look better every day! Graham is impressed with Ollie's desire ...more
May
Feb 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 What may be one of the best librarian stories. As an academic librarian I sooooo appreciate a real rep of the work. Once I realized that it really was a library grad student working in a library I fully expected that I would end up getting annoyed at all the ways it went wrong but no. Minor nitpick but it was really good.
These two really got to know each other, slow burn sorry that I love. The pride and prejudice hat tip near the end was 👍. I would have seen it earlier. Again, another favor
Jeanette Buck
Feb 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and I'm glad that Ollie got his own story. We met him briefly in Naughty or Nice and I felt there was more to him. This story starts with a low point for Ollie and he realised that he needs to change and work on himself and that includes hook ups. He starts working at the library and gets increasingly closer to Graham. They both have their battles but can't deny the connection and chemistry between them and its about dealing with the past and taking a chance on each other and ...more
Danyelle Williams
Feb 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
When opposites meet

This is the first book in the love notes series that I have read and it definitely makes me want to go back and read the others even though this one can be read as a standalone.

Graham and Ollie are complete opposites but you know what they say. These guys complete each other perfectly. Throughout the book we see Ollie change so much. This is one new year resolution gone right. I'm super happy that they can be that person for each other. The fact that the main setting is a libr
Dawn
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable, Low Angst, Funny, Sexy Love Story

Loved this story about the sassy snarky Ollie who was having to assess his life choices and made a new year resolution to give up sex and dating for 60 days and then met the quiet introverted librarian Graham who felt safer around books than people but the chemistry between them was undeniable, if only Ollie hadn’t made his resolution! Ollie and Graham are total opposites but oh so good together. The side characters were also very likeable and I am so
Vicki
Jan 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
Fun, enjoyable read.

I did enjoy this fun, low angst opposites attract story with Ollie and Graham.
Ollie is a sassy, snarky twink who likes to party hard and hook up. Graham is a studious, introvert librarian with social anxiety and not much experience.
After a less than stellar initial meeting, these two manage to get together despite Ollie’s
self imposed New Years resolution.
This is a well written low heat, low angst dual POV sweet romance that made me feel happy for them both.
Maxine Higginbotham
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is so full of emotion. Graham and Ollie both make kinda sorta not but yes, New Year's Resolutions. Ollie doesn't like who he is becoming and decides that a celibacy break is what he needs. Graham realizes he doesn't have much in his life and resolves to be more open-minded. When they meet the race is on to see how this will turn out.
Graham and Ollie have laugh out loud banter and the chemistry sizzles. Watching them learn to love and trust themselves was a pleasure. If you read the sh
Becky
Feb 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
I always love a book where we get to see a misunderstood character from a previous novel redeemed, and in this case, the redeemee is Ollie from Naughty & Nice. You might remember him as the guy who didn't take it well when Jonas ends their loose hooking up arrangement.

It's beautiful to watch Ollie grow into the confident person he pretends to be, and I can't think of a more fitting boyfriend for him than dear, sweet, awkward Graham.

It's a shorter read, with no major drama.
Janet Hunt
Feb 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Once again DJ Jamison has done it again… brought us another fantastic story. We first met Ollie in Naughty and Nice. I honestly didn’t like him very much, but she redeemed him nicely! Graham is perfect for Ollie, total opposite but just what he needed! I seriously loved Ollie and Graham!! I loved the connection these two made with each other, they had serious chemistry! I’m voluntarily leaving a review form an advanced copy that I received.
kathleen
Feb 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This opposites attract story is just right! I love a nerdy, geeky main character and Graham certainly fit the bill!
What is Ollie to do when he meets and is instantly drawn to Graham but he has given himself a time out on sex! This really allows these two to get to know each other on a deeper level which only increased their connection and chemistry.
I loved the banter between these guys!
Boyfriend Freeze is such a sweet, sexy, fun romance.
Irishlass99
Feb 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ollie and Graham were wonderful together. Not only together but individually as well- Ollie was over the top and on a journey to get through the freshman insanity, Graham was adorable and needed Ollie to get him out of his shell. I loved how their relationship progressed and how Ollie set about ammending his life- and how Graham jumped on board. Jamison always has great memorable characters. Sweet and steamy- perfect for a cold cuddle night. Highly Recommend!
Lee
Feb 06, 2021 rated it liked it
The POV main character was a bit too abrasive for my taste. He did mellow out during the story, but it didn't feel organic. His behavior was explained in the narration, yet the shift still felt abrupt, like he was behaving differently without the growth to back it. Also, the librarian was a generic ~grad student~ with no other details, and he didn't seem to do any work toward his dissertation, nor do any academic work at all. He just... worked at the university library? ...more
RACHEL REED
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading Graham and Ollie's story.
I first read this as a freebie in the Winter Wonderland giveaway but I absolutely enjoyed the extended version even better.

I feel this version gives more perspective on the characters and I enjoyed reading it on the whole.

The concept of the story was interesting and I liked how it panned out.

The characters were likeable, relatable and well fleshed out.

An enjoyable fluffy read overall.
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Adding a book to a series 1 9 Feb 04, 2021 09:04PM

• Date in a Pinch (Naughty in Pendleton, #1)
  • By the Numbers (Love Logic, #3)
  • Stars Collide (Written in the Stars, #1)
  • Winter Waites (Aster Valley #0.5)
  • Gravity (Written in the Stars #2)
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Schooling the Jock
  • Flakes (Licking Thicket, #0.5)
  • Home Plate (Easton U Pirates, #2)
  • Grumpy Bear (Bear Camp, #1)
  • Clean Slate (The Good Life, #1)
  • Goal Lines & First Times (CU Hockey #3)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Trust Me
  • XOXO, Santa
  • Out in the Cold
  • The Faker Rulebook
  • Merry Cherry Christmas
  • Cabin Fever
DJ Jamison writes sweet but spicy M/M romance that most readers consider relatively low-angst. She grew up in a working-class family, and many of those influences can be found in her books: family drama, workplace conflict, and of course, love! DJ lives in Kansas with her husband, two sons, a timid snake, and a sadistic cat named Birdie.

Join DJ's mailing list at http://tinyurl.com/DJandCompany

Join