Start by marking “Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 6: Summoner” as Want to Read:
Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 6: Summoner

Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 6: Summoner (Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play #6)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  1,916 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
When best friends Miaka and Yui open an ancient Chinese book, they find themselves transported to a parallel world. Trapped in the Universe of the Four Gods, Miaka is identified as a priestess who must save an entire empire.
Published April 12th 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published July 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Fushigi Yûgi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fushigi Yûgi

Illy
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
My one gripe that I'm noticing while doing this reread is that the warriors are found so easily in this series.
Lexie
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: gns-owned-read
(my apologies to anyone who read vol 5's review some of those events actually happened here and I just got confused.)

Welcome to another Fushigi Yugi recap! This volume is actually when Miaka's love saves Tamahome. So there's that.

What else happens? Well for starters, Nakago "consoles" Yui by snuggling her while they're both in robes. Meanwhile everybody likes at Tamahome for trying to kill them all, though Tamahome doesn't remember any of this (Tasuki meanwhile has recurring night terrors of his
Sarah Hayes
Actual rating: 3.5

This sixth volume of Fushigi Yugi is an actual step-up from the previous volumes, but it takes a long time to get to that point. The majority of this book still contains the same tired hallmarks of a Yu Watase shojo series – heroine running off in an ill-guided attempt to make things right, brainwashed lovers, back-stabbing ex-friends, and lots of unrequited crushes and love that never go anywhere. But the ending might show the different and very welcome direction this series i
Nancy
Aug 05, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heartbroken, Miaka has given up on Tamahome, who has been turned against by Nakago's dangerous magic and her once best friend Yui. Hotohori is more than willing to comfort her, but Miaka cannot stop thinking about Tamahome. Soon she will have to summon Suzaku, but will she have all the celestial warriors in order to do so?

Summoner is an interesting volume because things don't happen the way they should. Although this is the ending to the first part of Fushigi Yuugi it doesn't end the way you mig
Veronica Ika
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
If love truly conquers all, then Miaka has proved it. Though it's almost impossible for Tamahome to be his old self again, Miaka can turn him back into his original self before he can kill her and others.

Since all the seven Suzaku constellations have gathered, Miaka begins the ceremony to call Suzaku. However, it turns out that the last constellations she finds is actually a Seiryu constellation spying on her.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Hey, I can probably count this as a book with a love triangle for my 2015 reading challenge. Though sometimes it seems like a love octagon or something.

At the beginning of this volume, I was like 'Oh hey, they're nearing the end of their journey!' and then guess what - NO. THEY'RE NOT. Now they have a whole new journey to go on (of course). And I'm kinda hoping the guy that ended up dead in this volume is not actually dead.
Sami C
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
After the botched rescue attempt at Kutou, the Miaka and Tasuki recuperate back at Konan. Hotohori decides that this is a perfect opportunity to make his move, but Miaka rebuffs his advances.

Sure enough, the capitol is invaded by an assassin--the last person they would expect. Even as the Suzaku camp survive the attack, all is not well yet.

The series is heating up now!
Leila Anani
Kirsten Simkiss
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
The characters continue to become deeper and deeper, which is really nice. I had forgotten about the twist with Chiriko/Ameboshi. (This is my second read through of the book.) And the art continues to be lovely.
Danyka
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I watched and loved the Anime version of this since I was a kid. It also landed on my favorites.

For now, I got no plans for buying a copy.
Bradley
Jul 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Fairly good. I just can't warm up to this series, but it is a solid read anyhow. Off to ebay to find a new home. =)
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 16 Mei 2002.
Valerie
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-on-my-shelf
They were so close!! I'm crying for Hotohori, and I almost couldn't believe what happened with Tamahome, thanks he's back
Velvetea
I would have fun in this world for about 5 seconds~ then I would probably be stabbed :/.
Megan Rieker
Mar 20, 2010
Kathy
Sep 23, 2009
ribbonknight
rated it did not like it
Jan 21, 2009
  • Sailor Moon, #10 (Sailor Moon, #10)
  • X/1999, Volume 03: Sonata
  • InuYasha: Cast-Off Heart (InuYasha, #22)
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 4
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 2: To Plant
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 8 (Hana-Kimi, #8)
A Japanse shoujo manga-ka. She is known for her works Fushigi Yūgi, Alice 19th, Ceres: The Celestial Legend, Fushigi Yūgi Genbu Kaiden and Absolute Boyfriend. She likes all music, except heavy metal and old traditional music.

She received the Shogakukan Manga Award for shōjo for Ceres, Celestial Legend in 1997. Since writing her debut short story "Pajama de Ojama" ("An Intrusion in Pajamas"), Wata
More about Yuu Watase...

Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 1: Priestess
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 11: Veteran

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Perfected (Perfected #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreamsongs. Volume I (Dreamsongs, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99